Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I bet oranguru has a killer dab rig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo07
Jul 26, 2013
Thinking about a Decidueye/Marowak/Tsareena/Starmie/Sandslash/Sylveon team. There's a bit of type overlap and Dark might be a problem, but overall it seems good? I could sub out the Starmie for a Slowbro if GF walls the Staryu line behind the Super Rod again, I suppose. There are enough cool things that I'll probably try most of them out for at least a little while.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Nemo07 posted:

Thinking about a Decidueye/Marowak/Tsareena/Starmie/Sandslash/Sylveon team. There's a bit of type overlap and Dark might be a problem, but overall it seems good? I could sub out the Starmie for a Slowbro if GF walls the Staryu line behind the Super Rod again, I suppose. There are enough cool things that I'll probably try most of them out for at least a little while.

I found a Staryu late in the second island, in some sand on a beach, so you should be good there. You may wanna pick up Slowpoke anyway to fill a spot until you get Staryu (unless Staryu is available earlier than I thought and I just missed it before). Slowpoke's acquirable on like the second or third route you explore. Also, by the time you reach Staryu, there'll be a shop available that sells water stones for 10,000 pokemoney.

Pakled fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Nov 15, 2016

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

There's also Brusixh - that dumb looking thing is kind of growing on me and looks to be surprisingly alright, kind of like a physical Starmie really.

Edit: Oh and turns out Marowak gets rock head, no recoil flare blitz bah. Bad speeds aside I don't remember the last time a gen had this many new mons I actually liked.

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Nov 15, 2016

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is everyone still talking about the 4chan leaks? Is it safe to lurk in the thread again?

(Not the demo leaks. That ship has sailed)?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Yea, folks mostly spoiler tag story stuff but if you don't want to know about pokemon and mechanics at all, better stay out.

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Gotta say, I'm loving the number of weird, psychedilically-colored pokemon in this gen. I was considering skipping, but look at that god-drat fish.

I ain't read much about it though. Any of these pokemon really bad or not show up until the post-game or something?

Even narrowing it down to these six was really difficult. Still might go with primarina instead, and switch the fish for... I don't know, that weird black salamander thing? I can't believe I'm not even considering the owl, when it was my early favorite.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Trick Question posted:

I ain't read much about it though. Any of these pokemon really bad or not show up until the post-game or something?

That thing you used to make the pic tells you which island each mon can be found on. Top of my head, Mimikiu and Bruxish come in the later half so might have to trade/breed them early or use something else until then.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Unlucky7 posted:

Is everyone still talking about the 4chan leaks? Is it safe to lurk in the thread again?

(Not the demo leaks. That ship has sailed)?

There are people ITT playing the full entire leaked game right now

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Pakled posted:

Fortunately, it seems pretty easy to get heart scales in this game. I got 4 for eating at the restaurant in Malie City, for 4000 pokemoney. I dunno if that's a daily thing or what but I've seen other people saying that getting heart scales is easy so I assume so.

That's great, although I wouldn't have minded if they brought Pokemon News Press from Platinum back. That was a fun way to get some balls, earn a heart scale and it encouraged you to gradually expand your Pokemon army.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

It is a crime that this image has not received praise

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

just looks like a bunch of oridinary pokemon to me

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

Why do people soft-reset for female/desirable nature starters instead of just breeding for them later?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Because that would no longer be your starter then.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

sharrrk posted:

just looks like a bunch of oridinary pokemon to me

This, but unironically. Rowlett especially doesn't look fake enough to be a Mimikyu, being a poor disguise is part of the charm. :colbert:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
I now want to see Game Freak add a Mimikyu form for every nonlegendary base evolution (of a family with multiple evolutions) and every baby pokemon. Get to it chaps

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Gimmicky Mimikyu variants can become the new gimmicky Pikachu variant.

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

Avalerion posted:

Because that would no longer be your starter then.

Does it matter? You can beat these games easily either way.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

AlphaKretin posted:

This, but unironically. Rowlett especially doesn't look fake enough to be a Mimikyu, being a poor disguise is part of the charm. :colbert:

they really wiffed on the eyes and lack of sticks/whatnot for limbs

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

oddium posted:

they really wiffed on the eyes and lack of sticks/whatnot for limbs

Said Mimikyu will pay the price for this by nobody falling for its disguise. Life as a Mimikyu is cruel but fair.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

mimikyu... do your best

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Lazerbeam posted:

Why do people soft-reset for female/desirable nature starters instead of just breeding for them later?

Female is for early trade fodder, so you don't have to get a ditto or whatever post-game first.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
You don't have to wait until postgame to breed pokemon anymore, right?
That was the worst poo poo in xy.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i don't think that's ever been true

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

It's on Island 2 of 4, I've heard.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Ditto doesn't show up until Island 3, though, so females are still needed for early bred starters.

This is all irrelevant because there are people who've finished the game days ago and can breed whatever and spread them around.

That's my hope, anyway. I need a Rowlett egg ASAP.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Andrew_1985 posted:

You don't have to wait until postgame to breed pokemon anymore, right?
That was the worst poo poo in xy.

the daycare is on Route 7 in XY, you get to it before even reaching the second gym

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

oddium posted:

mimikyu... do your best

I believe in my spoopy friend :3:

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

It was post game in BW I think, then they fixed that too in BW2.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Avalerion posted:

It was definitely not post-game in BW. I remember breeding a shitton of Solosis in my copy of Black to use in-game since they were version exclusives of White.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Avalerion posted:

No, it was the other way around. The daycare was after the first gym in BW1 - or did you even have to beat the muppets at the first gym? Can't remember. Anyway, it's like 3 towns in.

It's in the same location in BW2, but you start in a different town, way across the map.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Pokemon Sun and Moon review embargo just lifted.

Famitsu 38/40

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dehry posted:

Pokemon Sun and Moon review embargo just lifted.

Famitsu 38/40

How in the world does Nintendo not have the money to get those last 2 points?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

How in the world does Nintendo not have the money to get those last 2 points?

the Wii U ate up their war chest

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Avalerion posted:

There's also Brusixh - that dumb looking thing is kind of growing on me and looks to be surprisingly alright, kind of like a physical Starmie really.

Edit: Oh and turns out Marowak gets rock head, no recoil flare blitz bah. Bad speeds aside I don't remember the last time a gen had this many new mons I actually liked.

Does Alolan Marowak still get Thick Club as an item?

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
Question for people playing, figured I'd put in spoilers. I thought maybe I just wasn't up to the point where you can get Porygon yet, but I've had NPCs use Pory and Pory2 against me, so I must have missed something. The Pokedex has no location, is there a game center somewhere that I just didn't find?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

mabels big day posted:

Does Alolan Marowak still get Thick Club as an item?

i'm trying to decide between saying "sick club" or "wick club"

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TVs Ian posted:

Question for people playing, figured I'd put in spoilers. I thought maybe I just wasn't up to the point where you can get Porygon yet, but I've had NPCs use Pory and Pory2 against me, so I must have missed something. The Pokedex has no location, is there a game center somewhere that I just didn't find?

Aether House, most likely post game

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

oddium posted:

i'm trying to decide between saying "sick club" or "wick club"

"Thick Chub"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Dehry posted:

Aether House, most likely post game

Thanks! Usually it seems like NPC trainers use stuff right around the time that you can get your own (aside from the tourists with their non-Alola form Pokemon), so that threw me off.