Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Hyperlynx posted:

I'm a little disappointed that the note in the box didn't say "Who Cares?" to go with the rainbow balloons.

Don't forget
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Nighthand posted:

New parents want to throw a baby gender reveal video and want to be surprised, so they have the doctor talk to the people making the box so neither of them know what gender their child is. They start the video and open the box. What gender do YOU think the baby will be?

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/pregnancy/prepare-for-baby/the-moment-a-gender-reveal-party-goes-very-wrong-20161109-gsl9px

That's what they get for reinforcing the gender stereotypes of blue=boys :colbert:

`Nemesis posted:

This had to hurt. alot.

http://i.imgur.com/yeSJFEW.gifv

Random.

She's fine, he arm doesn't look that baaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAA

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Hyperlynx posted:

I'm a little disappointed that the note in the box didn't say "Who Cares?" to go with the rainbow balloons.

I'm disappointed that the annoyed party company employee didn't tie the envelope with the gender information to the balloons, and then purposefully not anchor the balloons to the box.

It's a *envelope floats away on the breeze.*

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean there are so many ways for that situation to be hilarious

How do you parents be that joyless :confused:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Nighthand posted:

New parents want to throw a baby gender reveal video and want to be surprised, so they have the doctor talk to the people making the box so neither of them know what gender their child is. They start the video and open the box. What gender do YOU think the baby will be?

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/pregnancy/prepare-for-baby/the-moment-a-gender-reveal-party-goes-very-wrong-20161109-gsl9px

"Congratulations, it's a stillborn!"

(too dark?)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Having a kid is going to be hell on those parents when they realize that it is going to take attention away from them.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Lime Tonics posted:

Drone used to catch a cheat,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiZH5eH5eDw

Isn't technology great?

Daaaaamn

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Lime Tonics posted:

Drone used to catch a cheat,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiZH5eH5eDw

Isn't technology great?

I think, technically, she's the cocksucker in this scenario though...

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

mcbexx posted:

I think, technically, she's the cocksucker in this scenario though...

Maybe she's the one with the penis you cis scum het lord!

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Hyperlynx posted:

No no no, rainbow balloons means "Congratulations, it's gay!"

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

plain blue jacket posted:

Maybe she's the one with the penis you cis scum het lord!

I saw that the "die cis scum" girl came out as cis and said it was just a phase. Is that schadenfreude?

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
"It's a baby!"

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Field Mousepad posted:

White people dude. White people.

That was my feeling, but I didn't want to say it, thanks Field Mousepad

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

there wolf lmao posted:

"It's a baby!"

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Remember that movie? Waynes World was a net negative just because it spawned all those SNL movies.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

ElGroucho posted:

That was my feeling, but I didn't want to say it, thanks Field Mousepad

Really that could be the response to most of the stuff in this thread. I'm no hero.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

Remember that movie? Waynes World was a net negative just because it spawned all those SNL movies.

I watched that entire movie on tv when I was 12 because I was discovering SNL at the time. I could've just turned it off but for some reason I stuck with it and it remains the worst movie I've ever seen.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Henchman of Santa posted:

I watched that entire movie on tv when I was 12 because I was discovering SNL at the time. I could've just turned it off but for some reason I stuck with it and it remains the worst movie I've ever seen.

I'm pretty sure has is or at one point had the lowest box office gross of any movie in history.

I think it was released in Alabama as a contractual obligation and almost immediately pulled, but not before it sold a couple of tickets.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

The entire video is funnier: the guy stops it, taps again, blows it out again, and then the top opens up as well. It's drat near perfect.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I always wondered why it looked like two people are playing on the wrong teams.

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist
Jun 18, 2003

ANYONE WANT SOME BARBECUE?

Lipstick Apathy

Paladinus posted:

Next to cake smash parties, this is the second dumbest thing parents can do.

What could possibly be wrong with cake smash parties? 1 year birthdays are for the parents and their friends to get reasonably drunk and watch a baby go aggro on a cake, shits funny.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Making everyone gather around while the kid smashes the cake is the worst part. Stop making me pay attention to your damned kid!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

I had never even heard of this movie, but after reading about it, I am astonished in 2016 that "the main character is androgynous" was ever considered to be a suitable topic for a comedy movie

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Solice Kirsk posted:

I always wondered why it looked like two people are playing on the wrong teams.

That is a "Libero" player, someone who has to play the back line only and can't serve or hit a ball above the net. Basically they're players who are very good at defense, so they aren't required to rotate around like the rest of the team. Usually someone who can't jump, but can dive like hell to catch a wild ball.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

Solice Kirsk posted:

Making everyone gather around while the kid smashes the cake is the worst part. Stop making me pay attention to your damned kid!

My friend recently had their kid's first birthday. The had the special little cake for the kid... except the kid didn't really want to eat it, so 20 people just stood there silently staring at her like some kind of religious totem for a good fifteen minutes or more. And of course 9/10 of them were recording the non event on their cell phones. It was one of the more awkward and creepy experiences of my life.

My wife is now pregnant and we have resolved to not do a "cake smash", gender reveal, or any kind of substantial posts about the kid on social media because they're all so goddamn annoying.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Solice Kirsk posted:

But dude, Ween was it it. Ween.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Mezzanine posted:

No no no, rainbow balloons means "Congratulations, it's gay!"

Gender =/= Sexuality

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

Sagebrush posted:

I had never even heard of this movie, but after reading about it, I am astonished in 2016 that "the main character is androgynous" was ever considered to be a suitable topic for a comedy movie

The comedy behind the "It's Pat" sketch wasn't so much that "Pat was androgenous and that's funny", but rather that everyone around Pat was always obsessed with his/her sex and the humorous ways their attempts to find out were foiled. It works for a short SNL sketch but stretching one joke out for a feature length movie was obviously a bad idea.

If "It's Pat" seems inappropriate, don't look up Lyle the Effeminate Heterosexual.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

The entire video is funnier: the guy stops it, taps again, blows it out again, and then the top opens up as well. It's drat near perfect.
you weren't kidding..it's in german too, so schadenfreude in it's own native language.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh2qapdp_4Q

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY2nVQNlUB8

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

LogisticEarth posted:

The comedy behind the "It's Pat" sketch wasn't so much that "Pat was androgenous and that's funny", but rather that everyone around Pat was always obsessed with his/her sex and the humorous ways their attempts to find out were foiled. It works for a short SNL sketch but stretching one joke out for a feature length movie was obviously a bad idea.

If "It's Pat" seems inappropriate, don't look up Lyle the Effeminate Heterosexual.

Also the character was funny* outside the "androgynous" gimmick, for reasons of goofy mannerisms and such. Apparently the gender-neutral bit was kind of an afterthought after she came up with the character.

* for 1992

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
The amusement in the 'Pat' sketches were all based around others' difficulty and failures in determining Pat's sex/gender without outright asking or offending Pat. Pat wasn't directly made out as a freak (or at least, not due to the androgynous aspect), just a relatively normal albeit whiny person. I hadn't seen the movie so I don't know if they hosed that premise up. One sketch involved Pat having to choose which locker room to go to, the joke being that the show was interrupted by Weekend Update for something before returning to the other characters expressing relief that they were able to settle the matter without creating an awkward situation, while not actually revealing anything to the viewers.

Considering the attitudes of the times, "Pat" was practically uplifting.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

NFL concussion protocol: the movie

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Atmus posted:

I hadn't seen the movie so I don't know if they hosed that premise up.

quote:

Quentin Tarantino revealed that he was an uncredited writer on the script.

This may or may not explain anything.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Atmus posted:

Considering the attitudes of the times, "Pat" was practically uplifting.

Its definitely important to remember it was the early 90's. It definitely wouldn't fly by 2016 standards, because the idea of everyone in Pat's life being to obsessed with finding out her gender would rightly be considered offensive. It reduces her to just a gender to be found out, not an actual person.

Its early 90's though, this was the era of Silence of the Lambs and Ace Ventura, so the fact that the sketch wasn't just people making fun of Pat for being androgynous or Pat secretly being a serial killer was progress.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Don't forget:

"Pat, is that a banana in your pants or are you happy to see me?"

"Iiiiit's a banana." *pulls out banana*

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Basebf555 posted:

Its definitely important to remember it was the early 90's. It definitely wouldn't fly by 2016 standards, because the idea of everyone in Pat's life being to obsessed with finding out her gender would rightly be considered offensive. It reduces her to just a gender to be found out, not an actual person.

Its early 90's though, this was the era of Silence of the Lambs and Ace Ventura, so the fact that the sketch wasn't just people making fun of Pat for being androgynous or Pat secretly being a serial killer was progress.

There was a skit where someone was stranded on an island with Pat and they wound up getting married and he's writting a letter about having sex with Pat and still not knowing their sex. The skit ended with him asking them straight out if they were a man or a woman and then before Pat could answer Adam Sandler jumps up from the audiences screaming, "DON'T TELL US! WE DON'T WANNA KNOW!!! LALALALALALALALALA!" and covering his ears. It may have been the last skit they did of that too.