Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

Seltzer posted:

They added two new league SBCs, Ligue 1 and Pro league. It means my hunch was right, they will keep rolling these out and they will likely do one big league and one smaller league each time. I assume La Liga and EPL will be the last ones. Hopefully Bundesliga is next but I don't know if EA wants to unleash an Aubameyang card into the wild yet. I'm seriously debating stocking up on Serie A and Turklig squads during black friday now. Both will be cheap. An all Juve squad doesn't even cost that much. Bayern was harder.
Once I have a bigger bank roll I might have to do this. I'm guessing most teams in Serie A, Bunde, LaLiga could be done for darn near discard.

I went up 4-0 in a game last night and almost lost, so that happened.

Then I hit L2 on my transfer target list of 40 dudes with a full transfer list so I had to stop playing games until I sell some dudes :(.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

DoctaFun posted:

Once I have a bigger bank roll I might have to do this. I'm guessing most teams in Serie A, Bunde, LaLiga could be done for darn near discard.

I went up 4-0 in a game last night and almost lost, so that happened.

Then I hit L2 on my transfer target list of 40 dudes with a full transfer list so I had to stop playing games until I sell some dudes :(.

It costs roughly 60-90k to do (the bonus is when marquee matchups and SBCs that need strong links pop up I have a lot of players the meet the requirements and I just rebuy them on the cheap when the SBC ends). Serie A has so many cheap golds and the turklig will probably only cost ~50k since they have so many silver and bronze starters. I've got 300k atm and a sneaky trade scheme that I should profit 100k on next week so I think I'll go through with building the starting 11s for the two leagues. Black friday will obviously be the best time to do it. People will be liquidating their clubs and you won't have to pay 2k for obscure silver keepers and stuff like that.

Also I completed the Overmars SBC. It was dicey because I had 3 of the 4 rare players needed for the eredivisie portion. I spent 9k on the last player so I could've profited basically 30k if I didn't do the challenge but I'm glad I did. I packed nainggolan who sells for a cool 40k and I got a ton of sellable golds in all the other packs. Overmars is very good but the weirdest part is how good he is at dribbling. People always talk about how legends play above their stats and overmars definitely does, at least when it comes to the dribbling. He has this weird trait/feature where he's able to change directions drastically while dribbling without slowing down at all, it's not agility he actually has a special animation that I have not seen on any other player. I have Thiago with 89 dribbling in my team and Overmars is better at 88. I'll try to show what I'm talking about in a .gif but it's hard to describe and makes dribbling so much easier.

Really lovely .gifs but you can get the idea. In this first one he turns 45 degrees with the ball without pausing. That's not a scoop turn

Same Idea here. The first and third jukes on the defender he is doing the no delay turning with the ball move before the assist.

Picking him up honestly might be worth the coins because his ability to move unlike any other player is devastating and game changing. Shame about no 4 star skills though. The move is hard to describe, it has the same effect as a scoop turn but requires no input, is quicker, and keeps the ball closer to the player.

Lastly I was looking for players to link to Al Soma and when I found out the guy with the third best long shots in the game was a Saudi League silver I naturally converted him into a CAM and made a hybrid.

This guy. http://www.futhead.com/17/players/34437/victor-ayala/

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 11, 2016

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Been considering an IF Immobile, but now there are two. Is the 85 rated worth the extra 30k over the 83 rated at 20k?

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
You can't just hint at a double secret trading strategy without giving more info! PM if you want to talk trading sometime, I love talking that stuff but everyone here gets jimmy rustled if you go too long without talking about pro clubs.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Why will people liquidate on Black Friday? I keep forgetting the event.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

El Jebus posted:

Been considering an IF Immobile, but now there are two. Is the 85 rated worth the extra 30k over the 83 rated at 20k?

I would say yes, definitely. The first IF was a bit underwhelming for me personally.

Dirk Pitt posted:

On black friday tons of cheap packs roll out that put a huge dent in the market. People sell their players to afford the packs and also they get a ton of players in packs so the market gets flooded. Every player under 80 (barring renato sanches) will be discard and all the high end cards will lose anywhere from 30-50% if the previous year is an example. Prices rebound quite a bit and then tank again near Christmas.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

DoctaFun posted:

You can't just hint at a double secret trading strategy without giving more info! PM if you want to talk trading sometime, I love talking that stuff but everyone here gets jimmy rustled if you go too long without talking about pro clubs.

Everytime you tell someone a trading method it becomes shittier even if it's just a few people. I'll let you know enough to make it work though. Basically weekend league qualification often has restrictions on what teams you can use. You can see those requirements ahead of time in the weekend league hub. Next week you will be required to use one nationality teams and silver teams. People do not plan ahead for this like marquee match ups. Tons of normal people just want to qualify and see the requirements day of. For the one nation requirement target a position in a popular nation that has a dearth of players. I didn't pick this one but Eder of portugal will probably double in price for instance, he's the best of only two gold Portuguese strikers. For the silver thing just pick up pacey and or good 72-74 silvers and they will double and even triple in price. It's that simple. I won't flat out tell you who I picked but you should figure out enough to make coins yourself. Futbin even shows you how hard silvers spiked last time they were a requirement.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

El Jebus posted:

I have had both. The first IF was a monster for me, scoring every game, dominating, etc. I sold at his peak and bought the SIF at his lowest. The SIF has left me wanting. He's still a monster, but I expected a bigger upgrade. That said, I'm not getting rid of him, and will continue to use him. He is still a beast.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Dirk Pitt posted:

It's just tons of packs and deals. I remember last black friday scoring Vidal for 44k, when he was selling a week earlier for nearly double that.

I sold off Dani Alves and Alex Sandro in the lead up to Black Friday this year. I got a solid 50k from them total and will be able to buy them back on Black Friday at probably 50% of the cost.

Also note, with Black Friday deals, it won't affect IF cards at all.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Tzen posted:

Also note, with Black Friday deals, it won't affect IF cards at all.

It does. just by a lesser amount. Legends alone lost like 35% or more of their value last year.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 13, 2016

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard
Played weekend league again and got to gold 3. Still have 5 games but can't be arsed to play them. I'd rather we had 25 games than 40 like PC.

Also the lag was brutal in Weekend league despite me being located in the UK. The worst part is the inability to dribble (LB+ RB) so it just becomes a passing game and hope I get a break. I tried playing seasons after and it was so much easier. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with me having a US copy of the game or If weekend league is like regular FUT matches and based on local players.

Edit: Had some free time tonight so played it out and won 3 in 4 to get gold 2. I refreshed my modem/router from factory settings and turned off UPnP which seemed to have fixed the lag in weekend champion matches. That or the servers aren't as bad now with most people finishing up.

Filthee Fingas fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Nov 14, 2016

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I got gold 2 and have 5 games left but I'm done, I had a good run of games today and I dont want to ruin my good fifa feelings by losing a bunch of games like an idiot for a slim shot at slightly better rewards.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I've just been really busy each weekend. 40 games is too much even with the extended time. I only managed 5-3 this time. EA should just drop it to 20 games. I think most people would be in favor of that. I guarantee EA is burning people out on their game having them chase the reward carrot over 40 games. Even if I had nothing to do friday saturday and sunday I still don't want to play 40 games of fifa.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I started 9-0 which is my best start so far but had to do a bunch of poo poo this weekend and ended up 12-4 which is still ratio-wise my best showing so far.

Maybe I can hit 28 wins next time!

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The WL has been ridiculously leggy for me too this week. When taking a goal kick and holding a direction it took the camera half a second to rotate.

I really don't get whether the WL matches are p2p or EA hosted but they're seemingly way worse than division and pro club matches, rather frustrating.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

Seltzer posted:

Everytime you tell someone a trading method it becomes shittier even if it's just a few people. I'll let you know enough to make it work though. Basically weekend league qualification often has restrictions on what teams you can use. You can see those requirements ahead of time in the weekend league hub. Next week you will be required to use one nationality teams and silver teams. People do not plan ahead for this like marquee match ups. Tons of normal people just want to qualify and see the requirements day of. For the one nation requirement target a position in a popular nation that has a dearth of players. I didn't pick this one but Eder of portugal will probably double in price for instance, he's the best of only two gold Portuguese strikers. For the silver thing just pick up pacey and or good 72-74 silvers and they will double and even triple in price. It's that simple. I won't flat out tell you who I picked but you should figure out enough to make coins yourself. Futbin even shows you how hard silvers spiked last time they were a requirement.

Word. I have noticed some of this happening as random guys I put up on my transfer list spike in price. I won't pick up anyone you specifically talk about, but I'll have to take a closer look at the WL reqs. I'm on PS4 so I don't know if the reqs line up exactly or not across systems.

It's funny how expensive silver players are this year because of the SBCs. People will pay 5k for a silver player instead of 1000 + position change card(s) for a workable gold player.

I jumped on the Terry train awhile back, hoping to see him rise in price for the POTM, but everyone and their mother have been investing in him. Xhaka is another one I like, high rated CM in BPL for pretty cheap right now.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I'm going to wait until the one nation requirement comes up to try and qualify. I don't really do one league squads. The one I have (Bundesliga) is good but I'm finding the formation more and more frustrating as the game has tilted towards defensive/counter attack. Alonso's ability to split players with passes and drop amazing long balls doesn't really matter any more when the opponent concedes you the midfield and has their fullbacks back marking any deep runs from wingers. Wingers in general are starting feel worthless as well. I'm using them more as a distraction rather than to cross for a header or actually, you know, scoring a goal. I could mess with custom settings some more but wingers just flat out feel like a disadvantage in this version of the game. I'm gonna give a French 41212(2) a runout with Menez, Dabo, Ben Yedder and co. Ben yedder helped me qualify last week and is quality. I also picked up IF Nzonzi on the cheap to play as a CDM. His stats are outrageous and looks like a perfect fit for the position.

Despite maintaining a 2-1 win loss ratio the state of the game right now is starting to wear on me. It's become the negative football simulator 17 and they really need to patch that. With Nba2k17 dropping to 30 bucks this week I might get off fifa for awhile. If anyone has a custom tactics/formation that allows you to play attacking football all game without being at a severe disadvantage let me know. Breaking down the permanently locked in place back four is a chore already, having to set myself on counter attack and play boring formations in order to win is adding to the annoyance. Remember in fifa 13 and 15 when you could play in a variety of formations with all types of players and win?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Well, a group of coin sellers are apparently on trial for fraud and theft - https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/5cwswn/fbi_says_alleged_hackers_used_fifa_to_steal/

They mined coins and made millions of dollars in profit.

Honestly I'm not really sure what's the felony here, they abused a glitch in the game and violated the ToC but how is this criminal? Also, they made mad cash through this whole thing, rather impressive if you ask me.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
$15-18 million dollars, gently caress.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Honestly I'm not really sure what's the felony here, they abused a glitch in the game and violated the ToC but how is this criminal? Also, they made mad cash through this whole thing, rather impressive if you ask me.

If he didn't pay taxes on that $18M, dats fraud. You're supposed to pay taxes on income "from whatever source derived" e.g. even if it's illegal. That's why when people get busted with tons of weed or whatever they get taxed on the determined value of whatever is confiscated.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard
Going to test out the 3-4-2-1 this coming weekend using this team (fits the 3 leagues/4 nation requirements).

http://www.futbin.com/17/squad/336252

I figure any narrow formation I play is going to get bossed by that midfield with all that STR and decent speed.

Settings I'll be using is having RM/LM come back on Defense and set to conservative interceptions on the CMs.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
That's a good looking team but I'd be pretty worried about defensive vulnerability in the weekend league.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

hopterque posted:

That's a good looking team but I'd be pretty worried about defensive vulnerability in the weekend league.

I thought the same until I saw my fullbacks never back on the counter with usually only my CBs there to defend. The stay back while attacking doesn't work for fullbacks and I don't like using the counter-attack tactic since it parks them too far back for my liking. One thing I'm thinking of doing is switching bailly into the middle of the 3 during a game. I want him sitting behind the two CMs but slightly ahead of the other two CBs. Going to test it this week.

In the end, if it doesn't work, it'll still be more fun than the 41212(2) i had before. Even when winning with it, I found it boring to play with.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

2.8 gb patch and no gameplay changes. Don't worry they fixed Coutinho's hair and you can play the Journey in German now though!

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Here's my two squads I'm gonna run this weekend, I'll be switching some stuff around formation and position wise, but in terms of players this is gonna be it I think.

Here's what's gonna be my 'main' squad, I'm gonna hold off on buying players until I get my weekly rewards tomorrow but it's pretty affordable, it might cost me 15-20k or so not including the players I already have (which I've been using in my 'standard' squads the whole time).

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/show-off?showoffId=jTpdKU6TnMoH2:FFA17PS4

Here's my fitness squad, only cost me about 7k, looks pretty good. Gonna try it out the next day or two, see how it plays.

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/show-off?showoffId=cDZ2Wlo2nMoH1:FFA17PS4

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Made mint on my first trading tip. I sold a ton of 350 coin players for 1.8-2.5k. I even bought a few Eder's to see if my example tip was right. I bought a few for 600 sold for 1500, not bad. Now to blow it all on IF Bolasie and IF Martinez.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Nov 16, 2016

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Seltzer posted:

Made mint on my first trading tip. I sold a ton of 350 coin players for 1.8-2.5k. I even bought a few Eder's to see if my example tip was right. I bought a few for 600 sold for 1500, not bad. Now to blow it all on IF Bolasie and IF Martinez.

Nice, I've got a bunch of belgian dudes sitting around waiting for POTM.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
did they disseminate the october weekend league rewards yet?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I havent' gotten any if they have

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

vivisectvnv posted:

did they disseminate the october weekend league rewards yet?

Nope, not yet, but they're supposedly dropping any day now.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The monthly rewards dropped..... I got silver for the month and pulled dwight gayle. Cool I guess but I'm never going to get to gold cards since I just won't play the amount of games required. Can't complain about the free card though.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I actually got a (nearly worthless) inform from my weekly rewards so that was cool, but yeah I got some random red silver player for the month.

Definitely gonna push for gold for this month so I can get a shot at a player actually worth getting.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I got some 71 overall idiot, I did get another in form worth 20k in my mega pack from the rewards so it wasn't awful

I finally won Divsion 1 with a 7-3-0 season after not winning it AT ALL last year so that was cool. The very next season I went 4-2-4 and almost got demoted :shobon:

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.

hopterque posted:

Here's what's gonna be my 'main' squad, I'm gonna hold off on buying players until I get my weekly rewards tomorrow but it's pretty affordable, it might cost me 15-20k or so not including the players I already have (which I've been using in my 'standard' squads the whole time).

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/show-off?showoffId=jTpdKU6TnMoH2:FFA17PS4

Do you feel like Lucas and Perisic play better more central in that 4-3-2-1 or leaving them out wide in a 4-3-3? I have been playing with almost an identical squad and can't quite seem to get the most out of Perisic in terms of goals, he averages 1.2 assists a game though. I keep going back to the 4-3-3 due to the box getting too cluttered when pressing forward.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Hazard potm apparently confirmed:
https://twitter.com/bateson87/status/799270074515357697

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

Seltzer posted:

I had picked up a couple Eder's just to test the water. Was able to sell for a decent increase in price! I had another Portugese player that didn't work out as well, I might have priced too high though.

The silver requirement could be huge, not sure how to identify those players though. Basically going to look for pacey silver guys, but not sure to do it by country or by league.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

aellisr posted:

Do you feel like Lucas and Perisic play better more central in that 4-3-2-1 or leaving them out wide in a 4-3-3? I have been playing with almost an identical squad and can't quite seem to get the most out of Perisic in terms of goals, he averages 1.2 assists a game though. I keep going back to the 4-3-3 due to the box getting too cluttered when pressing forward.

I use Perisic in a 4321 in my 'normal' squad and he scores more than a goal per game for me. And yeah, you're right about the box getting cluttered sometimes, but you should generally be able to use that to your advantage in most situations.

Anyway, I think 4-3-3 is also fine, but 4321 definitely gets more out of your wingers goals wise.

e: I lied, "only' 48 goals and 16 in assists in 57 games for my perisic, essentially every game in fut champions stuff.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Nov 17, 2016

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Def gonna try the weekend league qualifier trading thing, that's a good idea

Do the prices just immediately plummet again the next day?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Am I the only one feeling the WL burn? There's something about that whole thing that somewhat feels like a chore, I know it's stupid but it's the competitive\ranked nature of that whole thing that kind of compels you to play more games than you actually would want.

I think I'm just gonna give this weekend a pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Stefan Prodan posted:

Def gonna try the weekend league qualifier trading thing, that's a good idea

Do the prices just immediately plummet again the next day?

Yea there's a short window to make max profit (first few hours) but then you can still make a good amount over the day and into the next. I've got like 60 silvers sitting on the trade pile right now. I will probably average 1-3k profit off of each one not counting recouping the purchase cost. I'm going to dump all of that into building a starting 11 for each serie a and rpl team the week of black friday though. (those will be the last full leagues I complete, the process is not awful but a tad long. I like and use those two leagues and along with my Bundesliga starting 11s I'm bound to hit a league SBC soon.)

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Am I the only one feeling the WL burn? There's something about that whole thing that somewhat feels like a chore, I know it's stupid but it's the competitive\ranked nature of that whole thing that kind of compels you to play more games than you actually would want.

I think I'm just gonna give this weekend a pass.

I'm annoyed the game number required to play is so high but I just made peace with the fact that I don't have the time or desire to play anything close to 40 games. To me it's a midweek tourney and the opportunity to get some nice bonuses throughout the week. I don't stress about all the stuff I could be missing out on. Even if you just win five games you get 7.5k and two premium gold packs. Not a bad bonus for just a few games. I've never been one to fall into the trap of either paying for content in games or grinding for it despite that being every games model these days basically. I can understand why people would want to chase the reward carrot as they do start to get crazy higher on. I'm not burnt out yet, but that's because of the way I play. I play 5-15 games generally and I often use my fun squads. I honestly don't know if it's because I'm a good player/my opponents are bad or if it's psychological but I swear that my fun squads do nearly as well as my tryhard squads in weekend league. I got two separate messages accusing me of handicapping because I beat people with my Saudi hybrid squad that has a whole 4 silvers in the team and an all gold bench. I think my gimmick squads work for a couple reasons, your opponent thinks you're better than you are and put too much pressure on, they don't know your players stats and attributes because they only build/see EPL squads and can't mark your players correctly, and I'm playing mostly for fun.

I beat the one nationality qualifier first time of asking with a french squad. To whoever recommended Dabo, good call. A very very nice card. I only found his balance and sometimes passing to be an issue but he popped up at least twice for goals and was very defensively sound. IF Nzonzi is awesome and has excellent passing stats which I like on a CDM. I think I might solely stick to attempting the qualifiers with restrictions, they're more fun to play and easier to qualify in. It punishes the crowd that only use a 90 pace EPL squad and squad fitness items every other game.

Speaking of silvers the reward Gayle card I got is actually really good and I'll definitely put him in some squads.

4 goals in the first game (my opponent was poo poo).

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Nov 18, 2016

• Locked thread