Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

CortezFantastic posted:

Trump is such a sore winner he now has to blast losing the popular vote because it is eating him up inside. My prediction that people will soon get very very sick of hearing from him looks more and more likely to come to pass. The man just does not know how to stop. A president is best left in the background while wonks and nutjobs like us pour over news and details. The burnout will happen and he will not know how to take it.

lol his supporters would not get tired of his if he required implants that forced them to his voice 24/7, even in their sleep and dreams.

lol his supporters wouldn't turn on him even if he broke into their house, raped their child, killed their dog, and started to cut them open with a rusty scapel.

lol his supporters will die in pain from a disease the ACA could have protected them from as their kids prepare to die from global warming and will do so while wearing the hat.

Their last words, as the disease takes them and their children curse them, will be "maga!!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
donald trump is cindy lou who

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Phyresis posted:

Bitch, I started the post-election Kanye 2020 movement. I unironically want to start some form of Internet movement to draft him. I might be biased because I want to have sex w/ him but I think we have to go all in on this poo poo.

I still say a professional wrestler would be the better choice. Cena is like the perfect candidate in a world where the expectation of having experience governing has been removed

Stone Cold would also be nice because he could follow up his literal stunning of Trump with a metaphorical one and I feel like we would all get a good amount of satisfaction from that

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I'm voting Lesnar (I)

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Epic High Five posted:

I still say a professional wrestler would be the better choice. Cena is like the perfect candidate in a world where the expectation of having experience governing has been removed

Stone Cold would also be nice because he could follow up his literal stunning of Trump with a metaphorical one and I feel like we would all get a good amount of satisfaction from that

I'm a total mark for John Cena and I don't even give a gently caress. He's a real stand-up guy but he wouldn't be as controversial as Kanye West. He's also not as black as Yeezy, which was clearly a large consideration in the past few elections.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Plus if you're going to go to the pop culture well, you're running a risk by picking someone who is feuding with Taylor Swift

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Catnip is the opiate of the masses
Soiled Meat

gradenko_2000 posted:

I think Canada's deal with the EU market was a seven-year process.

then you've thought about trade more than trump's team has.

NAFTA took a mere two years or so to negotiate originally, but that's because it was negotiated between three likeminded pro-free-trade governments. also NAFTA was largely an agreement around tariff reductions which are way easier to negotiate than stuff like country-of-origin labelling and environmental standards.

trump and his camp clearly think of trade deals as a zero-sum game and they think that under NAFTA the US is giving billions of dollars to Mexico and Canada for no reason. they're utterly wrong about both, but that won't stop them from trying to extort as much free money as possible out of Canada and Mexico and the US has enough clout that it might be able to get away with that.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Epic High Five posted:

Plus if you're going to go to the pop culture well, you're running a risk by picking someone who is feuding with Taylor Swift

The point is that I think we agree that there are zero politicians currently in the system that are worth considering. It's a big problem.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I'm voting Lesnar (I)

Guh, Lesbitarians should be probated if they post outside of their containment thread

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Guy DeBorgore posted:

NAFTA took a mere two years or so to negotiate originally, but that's because it was negotiated between three likeminded pro-free-trade governments. also NAFTA was largely an agreement around tariff reductions which are way easier to negotiate than stuff like country-of-origin labelling and environmental standards.

trump and his camp clearly think of trade deals as a zero-sum game and they think that under NAFTA the US is giving billions of dollars to Mexico and Canada for no reason. they're utterly wrong about both, but that won't stop them from trying to extort as much free money as possible out of Canada and Mexico and the US has enough clout that it might be able to get away with that.

Under Trump, the US drains so much money in their deals the joint Canadaian-Mexcian military front start a two-front war on the US.

Texas is reclaimed and we lose the entire top row of states.

Trump blames Obama.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Phyresis posted:

The point is that I think we agree that there are zero politicians currently in the system that are worth considering. It's a big problem.

It's pretty rare to know who the face of the party will be 4 years later, I'm not too terribly concerned about it right now to be honest. I'm more worried about getting frothingly pro labor people in positions of power at the moment

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The internet was still kind of young 2001-2009 during the last dark times. It will be interesting to see now resistance organizes and what mediums develop because lol at print or tv ever being worthwhile again

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Extremely nice flipflop donnie.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

we all knew this would happen, Newt purged all the morality from the GOP in the early 90's.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

That's true, I legitimately couldn't vote for someone who upset Tay.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Covok posted:

Under Trump, the US drains so much money in their deals the joint Canadaian-Mexcian military front start a two-front war on the US.

Texas is reclaimed and we lose the entire top row of states.

Trump blames Obama.

Lol I'm pretty sure we could go to war with the entire world and the only two outcomes would be either we win, or everybody dies

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Epic High Five posted:

It's pretty rare to know who the face of the party will be 4 years later, I'm not too terribly concerned about it right now to be honest. I'm more worried about getting frothingly pro labor people in positions of power at the moment

:yeah:

Astroclassicist
Aug 21, 2015

https://twitter.com/liamstack/status/798544234668322816

:laffo:

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/798545250264424448

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Guy DeBorgore posted:

This goes for just about everything. Like the Iran deal, which Trump promised to rip up or whatever. I guarantee Obama told him "hey they've been complying with this poo poo, if you go back on it now you're gonna get a lot of majorly pissed off countries and x y z will happen" and it was all stuff he would have never considered because his team just feeds him what he wants to hear 24/7.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Epic High Five posted:

I got into a minor tiff with a friend for saying the safety pin and sassy Biden memes thing were dumb as hell and counter productive because nothing about this is funny and safety pins don't do poo poo to help anybody

I'll just wait it out. I need these people to share the stories about Trumps non-stop betrayals I post so I can't chase them off

one of said people asked how they could visibly identify as "safe" and someone else pointed out that they could wear the trans flag on a ribbon and a BLM pin and cover nearly all the bases and they immediately started hemming and hawwing.

Like these people learned nothing and just want a way to say "I didn't vote for him" so PoC stop giving them the stinkeye in public but god forbid they actually risk anything of any kind.

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

It doesn't have to be the main focus, in fact it is outsourced by design. Are you saying we will be in a better spot in 2020 if we just sit on our hands again? Because it's going to happen again and we need a plan.

i'll make the wiki

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You got to win 2018 first young leftists

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

blamegame posted:

i'll make the wiki

Better be posting this from the Canadian embassy in Mexico or something similarly crazy

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

euphronius posted:

and 2018 doesn't look pretty

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

GobiasIndustries posted:

This goes for just about everything. Like the Iran deal, which Trump promised to rip up or whatever. I guarantee Obama told him "hey they've been complying with this poo poo, if you go back on it now you're gonna get a lot of majorly pissed off countries and x y z will happen" and it was all stuff he would have never considered because his team just feeds him what he wants to hear 24/7.

We are going to need more dimensions for our global chess game.

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

euphronius posted:

Nobody cares about midterms.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
I'll wait for Trump to say it before pivot fatigue officially sets in. Forum background, please.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Epic High Five posted:

That seems like a very difficult undertaking. I wonder if it wouldn't be better to focus on the impossible dream of GMI/UBI

mannerup posted:

and 2018 doesn't look pretty

Epic High Five posted:

Lol I'm pretty sure we could go to war with the entire world and the only two outcomes would be either we win, or everybody dies

Seriously, is anyone actually worried about... losing? Like losing in that there would be a surviving victor that wouldn't be us? I just dismiss that scenario outright, tbqh

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Candidate for SoS found to have gotten paid to shill for terrorists. Surely the media picks this up beyond a page 3 story right?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Surgeon General Sex Cake

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

We will probably have our first war to line up with the midterms and then the second one to line up with 2020.

North Korea and ... idk ... Mexico ??? Cuba too maybe

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

Candidate for SoS found to have gotten paid to shill for terrorists. Surely the media picks this up beyond a page 3 story right?

It was already a story no one cared about .

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Ragequit posted:

This is what it looks like as of a moment ago:

Take a guess as to who "Ape in heels" refers to. Make America Grate Again.

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/798544169178316805
:cripes:

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
Did I just hear Obama draw a connection between Trump and Hitler? He said something cautionary about Europe dividing itself along lines of ethnic identity, adding, "the 20th Century was a bloodbath."

This was in answer to a question whether he felt responsible for Trump's election.

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

these stories are a lot less funny now that arent just oppo drops :(

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

Guh, Lesbitarians should be probated if they post outside of their containment thread

lol

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I'm voting Lesnar (I)

He is gonna test positive for policy-enhancing supplements and the electoral college will strip him of his title even if he wins

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

euphronius posted:

We will probably have our first war to line up with the midterms and then the second one to line up with 2020.

North Korea and ... idk ... Mexico ??? Cuba too maybe

It will be Iran and then still Iran

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

still less important than EMAILS BENGAZHI

• Locked thread