Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Epic High Five posted:

I gotta admit it would be pretty goddamned funny if Trump immediately appointed a dozen people in high level spots who loving despise Putin so he just tells Assange to release all the RNC and Trump stuff he's sitting on to make a point

Of course he's going to do this. Putin doesn't care who won, his goal is to discredit the United States and liberal democracy generally

e:d balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Vladimir Putin posted:

Trumps foreign policy is out of control. I thought he wanted to improve relationships with Russia?

peace through strength

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Catnip is the opiate of the masses
Soiled Meat
The transition team has a 200-day trade "plan"

highlights:

-"Stop the TPP" is one item, despite that being a legislative job not an executive one
-start renegotiating NAFTA on day 1, "consider formally withdrawing" by day 200, because trade talks between multiple trillion-dollar economies are so quick to negotiate right? specifically:

quote:

On Day 1, Trump would begin reforming NAFTA, including ordering the Commerce Department and International Trade Commission to begin a study on what the ramifications of withdrawing from the treaty would be, and what would be required legislatively to do so. He would also have the US Trade Representative notify Mexico and Canada that the US intends to propose some amendments to the treaty, which could include measures on currency manipulation, lumber, country of origin labeling and environmental and safety standards.
that tru
fun fact: mexico and canada both have floating exchange rates so they can't manipulate their currencies. lumber is the subject of an ongoing trade dispute with canada and we just spent a year trying to negotiate an end to it, so bringing that into these NAFTA talks seems like a good way to doom them forever.

-there wouldn't be any downside to withdrawing from NAFTA because they'd just negotiate bilateral deals with Mexico and Canada (a great tactic for when you're campaigning to be president or leave the EU and need a handwavy explanation for why nothing bad can ever happen)
-lots of fretting about Chinese currency manipulation, which was a real and valid concern like ten years ago, but i think at this point they've just fixated on it

tl;dr: whoever wrote this learned everything they know about international trade from reading the WSJ, if we're being generous

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Epic High Five posted:

It's probably gauche to say out loud but the left going forward REALLY needs a foreign soil informal subsidiary of teens that do nothing all day but hack Republican correspondences all day long

If Trump actually starts war with Russia (lol), then we will have that.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Beet Wagon posted:

On the one hand, getting a Waterworld apocalypse would be cool because I like the ocean, and the marine bio nerd in me wants to think that maybe the oceans won't be hosed.

On the other hand, jet-skis are dumb and getting a rad desert apocalypse would really incentivize me to learn how to weld.

in a "melted icecaps, everything floods" scenario, the oceans are basically made too hot and acidic to support much beyond jellyfish and algae blooms.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/RosieGray/status/798538773554491392

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Guy DeBorgore posted:

-start renegotiating NAFTA on day 1, "consider formally withdrawing" by day 200, because trade talks between multiple trillion-dollar economies are so quick to negotiate right?

I think Canada's deal with the EU market was a seven-year process.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Phyresis posted:

Nah, I don't think you actually realize what the new reality is. You're sitting here jerkin' off about internet trolls or some garbo when that is the least of our problems and it's clear that you are just ignoring certain realities and focusing on real minor poo poo

It doesn't have to be the main focus, in fact it is outsourced by design. Are you saying we will be in a better spot in 2020 if we just sit on our hands again? Because it's going to happen again and we need a plan.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Covok posted:

Trump proves he isn't a Putin stooge by launching nukes at Russia. Russia responds in kind.

Earth dies.

Death is certain~

Earth dies, but death is not certain.

A select few with preserver under the benevolent tutelage of Moon Commander Gingrich. In one thousand years the New Americans will decend back down to a now habitable earth, where we will join our newly sentient Brother Cockroach in our mutual quest for species immortality.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

can I wear my arm-floaties in the ocean-based trumpocalypse?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/14/politics/iran-nuclear-deal-obama-trump-plans/

lmfao

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Trump will invest all of America's resources into surgery to increase the size of his hands. The national debt quadruples as he searches in vein for bigger hands. In the end, he dies a tiny handed baby.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
can we take a break from the flop sweat panic for a little bit to talk about how wildly loving dumb the safety pin bullshit is? I hate it so much and it is everything wrong with everything. A friend of mine posted the thing about how WN were co-opting it and someone in the comments suggested that they use the safety pin to pin a ribbon with the hillary campaign logo to show that they're safe and I wanted to eat them.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Epic High Five posted:

It's probably gauche to say out loud but the left going forward REALLY needs a foreign soil informal subsidiary of teens that do nothing all day but hack Republican correspondences all day long

lean forward :smug::smug::smug::smug::smug:

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Covok posted:

Trump will invest all of America's resources into surgery to increase the size of his hands. The national debt quadruples as he searches in vein for bigger hands. In the end, he dies a tiny handed baby.

That's what he gets for campaigning for president during Cockmoon.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Epic High Five posted:

It doesn't have to be the main focus, in fact it is outsourced by design. Are you saying we will be in a better spot in 2020 if we just sit on our hands again? Because it's going to happen again and we need a plan.

lmao bro

maga

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Bushiz posted:

can we take a break from the flop sweat panic for a little bit to talk about how wildly loving dumb the safety pin bullshit is? I hate it so much and it is everything wrong with everything. A friend of mine posted the thing about how WN were co-opting it and someone in the comments suggested that they use the safety pin to pin a ribbon with the hillary campaign logo to show that they're safe and I wanted to eat them.

suport are troop

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Oh good, I'm now too nauseated to keep reading political news for the rest of the day.

Utter disgust is a great motivator to detox from my addiction to this election.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bushiz posted:

I got into a minor tiff with a friend for saying the safety pin and sassy Biden memes thing were dumb as hell and counter productive because nothing about this is funny and safety pins don't do poo poo to help anybody

I'll just wait it out. I need these people to share the stories about Trumps non-stop betrayals I post so I can't chase them off

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Bushiz posted:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/706866...ef=sr_gallery_1

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.
I can't wait for the KKK to be declared a protected Patriotic Organization like the American Legion.

We need more federally protected lynch mobs.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Earth dies, but death is not certain.

A select few with preserver under the benevolent tutelage of Moon Commander Gingrich. In one thousand years the New Americans will decend back down to a now habitable earth, where we will join our newly sentient Brother Cockroach in our mutual quest for species immortality.

unfortunately relations will break down quickly after the roaches ask to visit the moon colony and the Newt Amercians all get really uncomfortable before explaining that well, theres just this tradition that roaches arent allowed on the moon and uh... Well you enjoy being with your own people better anyway right CZCXXVZVCCXX???

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Al! posted:

unfortunately relations will break down quickly after the roaches ask to visit the moon colony and the Newt Amercians all get really uncomfortable before explaining that well, theres just this tradition that roaches arent allowed on the moon and uh... Well you enjoy being with your own people better anyway right CZCXXVZVCCXX???

maga, you dumb motherfucker

maga

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the electoral college is genius, actually

Covok
May 27, 2013

All will wear the hat.

Seriously, I spent 15m dollars on these hats.

Please, buy them!

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

This is what it looks like as of a moment ago:

Take a guess as to who "Ape in heels" refers to. Make America Grate Again.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/ericawerner/status/798541214463102977

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Epic High Five posted:

I seriously can't stop chuckling at this post. Hey, who should we run in 2020? Bentknee Sadders? The mummified corpse of Pocahontas? Some fuckoff greenhorn that I wouldn't trust to babysit my kid, much less run the country?

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
https://twitter.com/natehodson/status/798529360181530624

All Shall Wear the Hat

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

Bushiz posted:

I do not want to talk about how Diaper Fetishists identify one another.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

in 100 years the MAGA hat is gonna be the same as the armbands rite

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

This is so pointless. And what was with the hat encased in glass on election night?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Phyresis posted:

I seriously can't stop chuckling at this post. Hey, who should we run in 2020? Bentknee Sadders? The mummified corpse of Pocahontas? Some fuckoff greenhorn that I wouldn't trust to babysit my kid, much less run the country?

We should run Kanye or Cena duh, how far behind the new meta are you?

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

I bet he still misses the primary

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Trump is such a sore winner he now has to blast losing the popular vote because it is eating him up inside. My prediction that people will soon get very very sick of hearing from him looks more and more likely to come to pass. The man just does not know how to stop. A president is best left in the background while wonks and nutjobs like us pour over news and details. The burnout will happen and he will not know how to take it.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Cephalocidal posted:

Bad news, the actual climatepocalypse looks an awful lot like the world we already have if you live in the west, just less like the west. Food and water shortages will have people in the more affluent parts of the world looking like field workers in India. It'll be miserable, but not fatal. The couple billion people already riding the razor's edge of starvation will die horribly, possibly in nuclear fire. Average human life expectancy will dip by quite a lot, but not so much that our descendants won't have time to breed and pass on a little knowledge before dying. The thing I'll miss the most is kittens.

We've had it bad before though, really. My biggest non-pet regret is that when we start to pick ourselves back up in a few hundred years we'll all be a bit more samey.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toba_catastrophe_theory#Genetic_bottleneck_theory
<5k breeding pairs. I see the vast diversity of plumage and function in modern birds and get sad at the thought of our likely lost diversity.

It's actually even worse than that. Staggering loss of diversity in the ocean is going to end up being the root cause of a lot of problems for people, not the least of which is going to be starvation on a massive scale. There's still a lot of places where fish is the primary protein. But you're right, humanity is essentially going to get forced through a fine sieve that filters out all but the already extremely wealthy (and maybe some very lucky brown people).

FAUXTON posted:

in a "melted icecaps, everything floods" scenario, the oceans are basically made too hot and acidic to support much beyond jellyfish and algae blooms.

Yeah, I know. I just haven't fully embraced the nihilism yet today and was dreaming of a better timeline :smith:

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

blamegame posted:

I bet he still misses the primary

he's basically robert baratheon

never more alive when winning the throne, never more dead when sitting on it

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Epic High Five posted:

We should run Kanye or Cena duh, how far behind the new meta are you?

Bitch, I started the post-election Kanye 2020 movement. I unironically want to start some form of Internet movement to draft him. I might be biased because I want to have sex w/ him but I think we have to go all in on this poo poo.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Vladimir Putin posted:

This is so pointless. And what was with the hat encased in glass on election night?

no idea what ended up happening with that glass encased hat, although i would like to know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
Mike Pence is Jon Arryn
Bannon is Cersei

• Locked thread