Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Wassbix posted:

Thanks alot for the information. Really appreciated.

Surprised to hear Rudy is not that hot in pvp anymore. He's been staple in the Korean server forever even after Awaken Dellon last time i checked.

Anyone got a guild willing to take in a dude thats been out of it for 6 months :v:

AFAIK Tanking isn't strong in the meta right now for two main reasons:
- Damage output is very high because of combos like Rin+Karma+Pascal, everyone tends to blow up in 1-2 hits unless they've got auto-guard or void shield or immortality. Plus, you can't rely on formation buffs and setups due to Rin's active skill.
- Pascal's Titan skill does 2000 fixed damage and removes buffs and pierces which has a tendency to wipe Rudy right out of the match.
- We're lacking on some of the later defensive skill types KR has, like HP shields or better void shield actives and such.

Good rule of thumb to remember is that Global is nothing like KR at this point, aside from being like a year behind them, they're deliberately changing all of the heroes around to be different. So KR guides won't help much here.

Some effort posts I've done:
Guide to Shields, Buffs, Debuffs, and their Counters
Current 6* Selector Guide (For Heroes, 7K, and 4L)
Hero Selector Guide by Elemental Type

From Reddit:
Reddit World Boss Guide
Reddit Tower of Abyss Guide
Reddit Newbie Guide (Warning: Lots of out of date stuff in here)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

AFAIK Tanking isn't strong in the meta right now for two main reasons:
- Damage output is very high because of combos like Rin+Karma+Pascal, everyone tends to blow up in 1-2 hits unless they've got auto-guard or void shield or immortality. Plus, you can't rely on formation buffs and setups due to Rin's active skill.
- Pascal's Titan skill does 2000 fixed damage and removes buffs and pierces which has a tendency to wipe Rudy right out of the match.
- We're lacking on some of the later defensive skill types KR has, like HP shields or better void shield actives and such.

Good rule of thumb to remember is that Global is nothing like KR at this point, aside from being like a year behind them, they're deliberately changing all of the heroes around to be different. So KR guides won't help much here.

Some effort posts I've done:
Guide to Shields, Buffs, Debuffs, and their Counters
Current 6* Selector Guide (For Heroes, 7K, and 4L)
Hero Selector Guide by Elemental Type

From Reddit:
Reddit World Boss Guide
Reddit Tower of Abyss Guide
Reddit Newbie Guide (Warning: Lots of out of date stuff in here)

Makes sense. Climbing the pvp ladder again and just getting carried by the fact that I have near perfect weapons on everyone :v:

I still remember how all the buffs and stuff work but the world boss / Abyss stuff is brand new to me. So I'll read up on those thanks!

Should I just look at reddit for some random open guild to join? Used to be in some top guild but apparently they merged with Valor and I doubt they want a old scrub like me

edit: Are world boss entry daily or weekly?

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Nov 14, 2016

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Clawtopsy runs the SA guild, I think there's a waitlist but we also only have 29 people right now so I'm not sure what's up. Most of us are pretty new though, so that part is up to you.

World Boss entries are "per-season", which is a badly translated way of saying each 3-4 day cycle (see the Time Remaining bar on the main WB page). So at the end of every boss cycle, you get points based on your score, and then it rotates to the next boss and you get another set of entries.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Clawtopsy runs the SA guild, I think there's a waitlist but we also only have 29 people right now so I'm not sure what's up. Most of us are pretty new though, so that part is up to you.

World Boss entries are "per-season", which is a badly translated way of saying each 3-4 day cycle (see the Time Remaining bar on the main WB page). So at the end of every boss cycle, you get points based on your score, and then it rotates to the next boss and you get another set of entries.

Thanks again, applied to Sloven Knights

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Based on your 7K selector guide, it looks like Rachel, Dellons, and Eileen are the most useful if I'm not aiming for PvP. Any one of the three I should prioritize as my first 7K? Leaning towards Rachel.
e: It's a 5* 7K selector, if that affects things.
e2: Got Rachel because she hops the most

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Nov 15, 2016

MagicAlex
Jan 6, 2007

I have picked up this game alongside Summoners War and Wonder Tactics. Looking for friends. In-name game is MagicAlex.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Yeah there is a waitlist. I pinged the first in line in the thread a few days ago, but no response! Many such cases. Sad!

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Whats the practical difference between the various raid crafts?

I crafted a sword for 300 fangs and got a decent sword, then i tried out the 300/300/10 craft and got a far worse sword. That doesn't seem fair/balanced at all.

Clawtopsy posted:

Yeah there is a waitlist. I pinged the first in line in the thread a few days ago, but no response! Many such cases. Sad!

Ping the next person then (me?)

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
Add me to said wait list too!

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Ineptitude posted:

Whats the practical difference between the various raid crafts?

I crafted a sword for 300 fangs and got a decent sword, then i tried out the 300/300/10 craft and got a far worse sword. That doesn't seem fair/balanced at all.

Ping the next person then (me?)

300 is a 6* random stat, random substat
1k + 35 essence is 6* random stat, max substat
the last one you should not bother with unless you know why you are doing it

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Put me on the guild waitlist too, my current one is half dead.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Nov 15, 2016

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Official SlovenKnights Waitlist:
Senerio
Kemito
Ineptitude
Wassbix
Aenslaed
Elysiume
Tetracell

If you don't respond in thread to a callout for your spot opening up, you go to the bottom of the list!!!!

SENERIO, I'm going to..........

.........MAY-ke you slovenly!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Applying shortly.

e: Applied as Senerio

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Senerio posted:

Applying shortly.

e: Applied as Senerio

Welcome aboard!

Also it seems the 'sort by last login' feature doesn't actually work super well, as we had three nerds who hadn't logged in in 10+ days hiding in our ranks. THEY HAVE BEEN PURGED.

Kemito
Ineptitude
Wassbix

MAYke your presence known!

also we had someone called uguu (level 74) apply to the guild is that any of you nerds

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Clawtopsy posted:

Welcome aboard!

Also it seems the 'sort by last login' feature doesn't actually work super well, as we had three nerds who hadn't logged in in 10+ days hiding in our ranks. THEY HAVE BEEN PURGED.

Ineptitude

Applied! (As "Kallenavn")

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Clawtopsy posted:

Welcome aboard!

Kemito
Ineptitude
Wassbix

also we had someone called uguu (level 74) apply to the guild is that any of you nerds

I'm uguu

Edit: I'm sitting on something like 2k Rubies left over from way back. I noticed there are new masteries. Should I unlock those first? I know that was the going recommendation back then.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Nov 15, 2016

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yep, get all Masteries unlocked ASAP. The last one is just +20% damage, it's totally silly.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I read the OP and thought this was some weird RPG car game hybrid and got hyped :(

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Yep, get all Masteries unlocked ASAP. The last one is just +20% damage, it's totally silly.

Is there any new fangled way to grind rubies or is it still just run 2-10 with 3 fodders?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Wassbix posted:

Is there any new fangled way to grind rubies or is it still just run 2-10 with 3 fodders?

The best place to grind Rubies specifically is 7-9 running a 4 fodder setup (typically with Jave on point). It's fairly safe since the Sarahs have no attack skills and their debuffs don't effect Jave.
Besides that, 7-10 is still fine for 3 fodder farming for the boss monsters.

Less efficient for rubies but better for gold you can farm whatever World 8 level you can safely handle. It takes about 10 keys to get fodder to 30 instead of 7 though, and it's much harder obviously. But it pays out a lot more gold (like 6-9k per key as opposed to ~3k) and only drops 3* fodder and 4-6* items.

E: Should also mention, 7-9 is the most key efficient of the bunch. But if you're specifically looking for what's the most time efficient, that would be World 8 generally (since it's only 2 rounds, and you only have to run it 5 times).

Pascal is now available in selectors. God help us all.

Mao Song also getting an update (still waiting on Feng Yan??):

Dual Blade Slasher (Sharp Sword)
Attacks an enemy with 300% Physical Attack on 1 enemy. Additionally, Inflicts 500% of Physical Damage (as Bleeding) for 2 turns and removes all buffs.

Stone Destroyer (Heavier Stone)
Inflicts 180% Physical Damage on 4 enemies. Stuns the enemy for 2 turns at a certain rate.
Additionally, inflicts damage equal to 25% of enemy’s max HP.

Tiger Skin Armor (More solid)
Becomes immune to all damage for 3 turns. Additionally, protects all allies from being stunned and immunes to cooldown increase for 4 turns.

E: Apparently we are #4 ranked on Eileen Easy today right now with only 18 participating. :v:

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Nov 15, 2016

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Wasn't this hotfixed real quick? Or did they go back on their going back?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah they hotfixed it, he should be available soon though.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Oooh that explains why I could only get one.

34 Pascal is cool though.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

I wonder whether I should splurge on him as soon as he's out or whether the meta'll shift as soon as every pleb (including me) has access to him. Currently running 32 Spike / Rin, Karma, 32 Yu Shin, Rudy for Arena. Would probably switch out Rudy, I have the feeling he doesn't really do much right now.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah I probably wouldn't dump a ton of resources into Pascal since he's not really super useful for anything else AFAIK. Lots of the top end Arena players aren't even using him. Some wacky guy at #2 is running Rin, Teo, Bai Long, Giparang, and Karma.

I'm gonna dump a bunch into Sieg since I'm using him for 3 different game modes at this point, and pick up a 6* Bai Jiao finally since he's Dark element. Then sit on a selector in case Feng Yan ends up being good after the rework most likely.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I have no idea where my Feng Yang went. :(

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

The best place to grind Rubies specifically is 7-9 running a 4 fodder setup (typically with Jave on point). It's fairly safe since the Sarahs have no attack skills and their debuffs don't effect Jave.
Besides that, 7-10 is still fine for 3 fodder farming for the boss monsters.

Less efficient for rubies but better for gold you can farm whatever World 8 level you can safely handle. It takes about 10 keys to get fodder to 30 instead of 7 though, and it's much harder obviously. But it pays out a lot more gold (like 6-9k per key as opposed to ~3k) and only drops 3* fodder and 4-6* items.

E: Should also mention, 7-9 is the most key efficient of the bunch. But if you're specifically looking for what's the most time efficient, that would be World 8 generally (since it's only 2 rounds, and you only have to run it 5 times).

Mao Song also getting an update (still waiting on Feng Yan??):

Dual Blade Slasher (Sharp Sword)
Attacks an enemy with 300% Physical Attack on 1 enemy. Additionally, Inflicts 500% of Physical Damage (as Bleeding) for 2 turns and removes all buffs.

Stone Destroyer (Heavier Stone)
Inflicts 180% Physical Damage on 4 enemies. Stuns the enemy for 2 turns at a certain rate.
Additionally, inflicts damage equal to 25% of enemy’s max HP.

Tiger Skin Armor (More solid)
Becomes immune to all damage for 3 turns. Additionally, protects all allies from being stunned and immunes to cooldown increase for 4 turns.

E: Apparently we are #4 ranked on Eileen Easy today right now with only 18 participating. :v:

I was wondering why my fodder took so long to level and i realized it's cause im not guild'd :(

Just wondering the boost function (increase reward for more keys) is that worth doing ever? It's a new function for me.

Also is world 9/10 worth grinding for the jewel/accessories or is that a trap?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
What's the best hero for dealing with damage immune enemies? I have a couple that can remove single-target buffs; are there good options for mass/more effective immunity removal?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Wassbix posted:

I was wondering why my fodder took so long to level and i realized it's cause im not guild'd :(

Just wondering the boost function (increase reward for more keys) is that worth doing ever? It's a new function for me.

Also is world 9/10 worth grinding for the jewel/accessories or is that a trap?

Boost is very inefficient so it's never recommended. If you have a crazy excess of keys to burn off, then farming any of world 8-10 will take care of that pretty fast.

9 is not worth grinding, the jewel drops there are terrible. 10 is okay to grind for accessories but the drop rate is not very good. Not very high priority since you can't get Rubies while doing so.

Elysiume posted:

What's the best hero for dealing with damage immune enemies? I have a couple that can remove single-target buffs; are there good options for mass/more effective immunity removal?

Anyone with Pierce, specifically Jave if you're doing adventure mode. Ruri too for someone you can farm. For mass immunity removal, there's Ace, Teo, Karma, Nia, Ruri, and so on. But it's better to just pierce them.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Anyone with Pierce, specifically Jave if you're doing adventure mode. Ruri too for someone you can farm. For mass immunity removal, there's Ace, Teo, Karma, Nia, Ruri, and so on. But it's better to just pierce them.
I should be getting a 6* selector from the event today, so I can get Ruri from that if I'm feeling antsy (already have Shane, Sieg, Espada, and Xiao), thanks!
e: My Espada is only 4* (though I can get her to 5* pretty easily), so I might end up getting a 6* Espada from a later selector, after Karon.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Nov 15, 2016

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I accidentally stopped paying attention to mine and still got 11mil on autoskill :v:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Speaking of CR, what are people's thoughts on Kris day teams? It being a particularly difficult one since bringing in a friend makes them prone to just getting Deathed. I was thinking about something like this:
Shane / Leo, Sieg, Karma, Eileen

So, Leo actually has both damage reduction and defense reduction so he can sort-of replace Rachel. But it's only 40% damage reduction, which doesn't seem like enough against Kris.

The more standard layout which is something like:
Shane | Karin, Rachel, Sieg, Eileen

Loses a damage multiplier in there but has less issues staying alive.

I wonder if Dellons is strong enough to make this more optimal:
Dellons / Rachel, Sieg, Eileen, Leo -> Karin / Spike

I tried a similar approach for Rudy CR day using a friend's 40 Dellons but I still got a slightly better score using Shane instead.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I was thinking of the first Leo team but using Fina to replace Karma to get AllDamage+ and some extra healing and defense in and hoping keeping two debuffs and one active buff up don't lay waste to getting attacks in but double checking Fina it looks like her passive doesn't stack anyways!

If you start with Karin for the death immunity then friend-replace her with a Lucy might help. +50% block to help reduce damage*, AoE healing and AoE death/condemned removal after the death immunity wears off and she has her own debuff immunity for four turns. otoh she doesn't have a revive like Karin when death insta-procs and you gotta find a friend high level Lucy anyways. It doesn't help missing AllDamage+% either.

*Assuming allies get it, I'm not sure how friend passive buffs work.

Kemito
Nov 4, 2003

Pepsi Molotov!
I took this picture.

Clawtopsy posted:

I'm still around. :) currently travelling in really bad internet land, but i've been logging in now and then. I'll be back to normal in a few days!

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Scrublord Prime posted:

*Assuming allies get it, I'm not sure how friend passive buffs work.

Friend Passive kicks in as soon as the friend joins the fight. So yes you can do stuff like replace a Leo with a Karin and get even more turns of death immunity. The issue is that the friend who joins in doesn't get the turn-based passives already in effect of course.

Reminder today is combined maintenance which means servers go down mid-day. Should have Feng Yan and Mao Song after the patch, presumably.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Just perfected all of World 9. What should I use my free 6* Selector on?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

New Feng Yan looks pretty good. Slightly shorter cooldown, bunch of weird effects on his secondary skill. Debating on if I want to throw one together, for a raid setup something to the effect of:
Shane / Eileen, Sieg, Lina, Velika
Feng / Espada, Karon, Karma, Bai Jiao

Never a big fan of having a buff ability on the Shane team though. Bai Jiao could be replaced by Rin but Rin is built for CH and that's no good with Feng.

He's not very versatile but his raw nuking power works out to being very strong it sounds like.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

I really should get around to 6* all these random heroes because they keep showing up as the awakened raid hero. Even if the hero itself sucks horribly for raid, the stat bonus more than makes up for it

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
Got this game installed finally, and I'm goofing around with everything and probably doing it all wrong. I'm Jolinar in game, please add me to the goon guild and friend away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
This update brought back the replay button for gold chamber, good update.

• Locked thread