Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
go to any vape shop/gas station and buy a battery for 10$

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

In Edinburgh for 4 days

wish me luck in my quest to get high in the highlands

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

thats a beautiful town

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Earwicker posted:

thats a beautiful town

Yeah so far it's been really pretty, we have a gorgeous view of Arthur's Seat and the new Parliament building from our airbnb flat

VVVV the bit of research I did and the cab driver from the airport both indicated that it's much better nowadays but hopefully I'll be able to post some firsthand experience :v:

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Nov 15, 2016

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
I hear the weed in the U.K. sucks though.

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot
Epiphany of the day: weed and maths go hand in hand

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Jim Barris posted:

I hear the weed in the U.K. sucks though.

No poo poo they think good weed makes you crazy

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
I've heard a lot of people talk about UK Cheese like its a really amazing strain but it is the same BC skunk we had in Canada since the early 90s

Must suck to live on an island that doesn't seem that conducive to growing the weed

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
imagine if sherlock holmes was a pothead instead of dope fiend

'when you have eliminated all that is impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, is like, really far out, definitely'

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Mozi posted:

imagine if sherlock holmes was a pothead instead of dope fiend

'when you have eliminated all that is impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, is like, really far out, definitely'

He was a huge afficionado of pipe tobacco and had made a particular study of 1000s of varieties.

In those days (and still) turkish tobaccos are mixed with weed or hash

When he says "watson this is quite a 3 pipe problem" he ain't kiddin my man

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
sherlock is even smarter than i had ever imagined

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

reallivedinosaur posted:

I've heard a lot of people talk about UK Cheese like its a really amazing strain but it is the same BC skunk we had in Canada since the early 90s

Must suck to live on an island that doesn't seem that conducive to growing the weed

I wonder how much of that poo poo I've smoked. Wish there were more Sativa type buds available in the country. Sure it would have been better for me that all the cheese I've smoked.

People grow all the time all over the place in the UK. There was a grow op for over a year a few doors down from me in the loft of a terrraced house, no one noticed/grassed until someone new moved in near by. You can walk around towns and villages here in the evening and pass by telltale scents from people smoking every few hundred metres. There must be loving tons of it being grown native, surely you couldn't import all that.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Amsterdam is only a 4 hour train ride from London and there's a huge variety of high quality weed and hash there doesn't seem like it'd be too hard to go for a weekend and bring back a decent amount if you really need some particular rare strain for whatever reason

soupbone sal
Oct 29, 2016

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

Epiphany of the day: weed and maths go hand in hand

Depends on what kind of math you mean.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
4 + 20 = 420

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

soupbone sal posted:

Depends on what kind of weed you mean.

soupbone sal
Oct 29, 2016
One of the things I've learned from living in legal states is that most of the time weed is just weed unless it's hash or oil.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Clean your pipe and develop a more sophisticated palate :shrug:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Trip report I friggin smell it everywhere but haven't seen anyone actually smoking it so I haven't been able to ask anybody about it yet :(

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Important life hack, or total lack of self respect?

Discuss

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Depends on how little weed I have left.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
If weed falls on the floor its done, just throw it out. Smoking cat hair and ball shavings is not a pleasant experience.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

reallivedinosaur posted:

Important life hack, or total lack of self respect?

Discuss

Pls keep this poo poo in the meth thread

soupbone sal
Oct 29, 2016
Pretty clever though.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
i have it on good authority that smoking toenail clippings will make you see god

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I was using a vacuum and some window screen to pick up tiny Lego pieces off the carpet in like 1994

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Lol if you've never been 18 years old, smoking on your school's open campus lunch break, where you dropped a bowl and scrambled to pick the scattered nuglets off the floor and get that poo poo smoked in time to get back to school & avoid truancy court

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!
I'm not going to tell anyone else not to do it, but I sure as hell would not smoke that.

In my house that would be 20% dog hair anyway.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
When you're a teenager and you're fiending cuz you just dropped .1 of herb on your carpet then go ahead and smoke it, you're young, if you're over 20 and doing that poo poo then you need to get your priorities straight.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

poverty goat posted:

I was using a vacuum and some window screen to pick up tiny Lego pieces off the carpet in like 1994

:negative:

if only this technology had existed in the 80's

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

a bone to pick posted:

When you're a teenager and you're fiending cuz you just dropped .1 of herb on your carpet then go ahead and smoke it, you're young, if you're over 20 and doing that poo poo then you need to get your priorities straight.

honestly, me and a friend were about 21, we had some money but no connection. We were bored, and we noticed we had been very careless with the weed, and there was a large amount that had collected on the floor, and we did very carefully collect nuglet from the ground, and we smoked it.

That's really not that bad. I think it would be wasteful to just sigh and ignore smokable weed.

The implication that it's on the level of fiendery that an opioid addict or a speed addict goes through is a little bit insane. Weed never made me hold a mouth full of drug-containing vomit and swallow it back down. Smoking some stale weed because it's a saturday night and your hookup flaked out is not a big deal

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
I lived with a guy who sold and he once dropped about a quarter of shake on his coffee table, he didn't feel like cleaning it since the shake was essentially worthless to him so he offered it to me if I picked up. The table was a bit dirty but mostly with ash so I figured I was in the clear and managed to recover it all with a playing card and a Styrofoam plate. I then proceeded to roll myself the biggest dutch. Two days later I had the worst respiratory infection and no health insurance; I paid for every gram in lungbutter.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
when i had a hard time finding weed in college i would vape weed two or three times and then smoke it. it's truly disgusting

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

YOU DONT KNOW MY LIFE

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
A good question to quantify the addiction potential of a drug is, "would you eat this out of a cat box?"

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

the "Farm & Garden" section on the local Craigslist has like half a dozen people posting their Kik or Whatsapp info

I'd bite but I'm pretty sure this is how people end up getting knifed over 20£

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Kelp Me! posted:

the "Farm & Garden" section on the local Craigslist has like half a dozen people posting their Kik or Whatsapp info

I'd bite but I'm pretty sure this is how people end up getting knifed over 20£

just get it mailed to a fake name at a PO box

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I'm only here for 4 days :v:

Even if I can't get anything in the few days I'm in Edinburgh, our next stops are Amsterdam, Berlin and Barcelona so I'm bummed but not that bummed :v:

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
just go to a "pub" and have a couple of "pints" with the local "blokes" and figure out what their "secret UK slang word" for weed is and inquire about procuring some

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

i just figured out that i can use my 40w mod to access this random thc cartridge i was given and now i feel like i have dabbed.