Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
After work I like to change into sandals or flops, and the other day a few coworkers were just flabbergasted that anyone would choose to not wear shoes at all times?

I've got no qualms with the shoe wearing majority, but I do have a problem with big shoe trying to brainwash us from a very young age.

I know I'm probably in the minority, so if you put on a safety pin will you also make a safe space for those who enjoy walking barefoot and those who need their feet bound tight for support, it'll really help. I've been going to walks without shoes and it's pretty neat.

Are you a dirty footer or a bound up hoofer?

E: not a fetish, promise :heysexy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
heyyy girls whose up for a sex and the city marathon?? i've got barefoot bubbly and ice cream!

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
If you got really good at walking on your hands and wore shoes on your hands you could go barefoot FOREVER.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

let em free i say if u can handle my funk then baby i will take ur hand in forever love

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice

social vegan posted:

let em free i say if u can handle my funk then baby i will take ur hand in forever love

Foot funk goes down when you aren't imprisoning your foot in fabric 24/7 I always am telling people.

Give it a go, walk in some grass plus just FYI the water running over your feet doesn't really get the job done either.

Gotta scrub, scrubs

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
op sniffs feet

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
I don't wear shoes at home. Nordic pride bitchaaaaaz

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice

you irl posted:

op sniffs feet

I always assume the best in people, so I have risen above the need to confirm any suspicsion.

But do tell us how you sniff butts :allears:

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
I bet your feet smell iffy after wearing shoes all day from morning to night.

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
One time I was at some punk show and this barefoot dude showed up, like he wasnt poor it was his lifestyle choice to always be barefoot. Had calloused black feet and all the bazang, acted a little smug for smashing the shoe establishment or something. So my friend mumbled some bullshit about how he hates that dude and started smashing a bunch of beer bottles on the sidewalk in front of the venue. Thats why I always wear shoes

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

got them bares out rn op, welcoming in the day while my toes follow the sun like sweet sunflowers amidst a dewy utopia

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
it makes running on glass even better

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Aix posted:

One time I was at some punk show and this barefoot dude showed up, like he wasnt poor it was his lifestyle choice to always be barefoot. Had calloused black feet and all the bazang, acted a little smug for smashing the shoe establishment or something. So my friend mumbled some bullshit about how he hates that dude and started smashing a bunch of beer bottles on the sidewalk in front of the venue. Thats why I always wear shoes

Because your friend is an rear end in a top hat?

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice

social vegan posted:

got them bares out rn op, welcoming in the day while my toes follow the sun like sweet sunflowers amidst a dewy utopia

Get it! :dance:

e: be safe bare-travelers usually less glass in the grass, but maybe more poo poo so be fit,

but not too :smug:

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Hardawn posted:

I always assume the best in people, so I have risen above the need to confirm any suspicsion.

But do tell us how you sniff butts :allears:

on all fours, nose and head pointed like a foxhound, probing your moist scent with my proboscis

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Alucard posted:

Because your friend is an rear end in a top hat?

his friend owns actually

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I wear shoes where they are required and where I feel safer doing so. Otherwise, flip-flops or bare feet.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
The real weirdos are the ones wearing socks to bed.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Wait like wearing shoes in your house even? What the gently caress, why would you wear shoes in your own goddamn house, is your house so filthy you can't even let your socks/bare feet touch the floor?

Is this an American thing?

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Wait like wearing shoes in your house even? What the gently caress, why would you wear shoes in your own goddamn house, is your house so filthy you can't even let your socks/bare feet touch the floor?

The people I referenced in the OP said they always gotta be wearing shoes. Do they have slippers, I didn't probe my proboscis deep enough

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Blue Train posted:

his friend owns actually

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
A friend of my wife was visiting from England and decided to not wear shoes when we went for a walk on the causeway. Granted, it is the beach, but this is Florida. When she stepped on a needle I said "That's why we wear shoes outside here." She shot me a dirty look while my wife held back laughter. Who the gently caress doesn't wear shoes outside?

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

Who the gently caress doesn't wear shoes in a toxic wasteland?

Ftfy

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Aix posted:

Lol

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

some people wear their filthy loving shoes inside. Just kick those suckers off before a shower, if you bother to take one, maybe go to bed with them on. Living in a goddamn pigsty and they don't even care.

Woden
May 6, 2006

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

A friend of my wife was visiting from England and decided to not wear shoes when we went for a walk on the causeway. Granted, it is the beach, but this is Florida. When she stepped on a needle I said "That's why we wear shoes outside here." She shot me a dirty look while my wife held back laughter. Who the gently caress doesn't wear shoes outside?

Me, all the time.

But then I don't live in Florida.

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

Feet are gross. I wear socks and shoes to bed and if I'm lucky enough to get laid I wear socks and shoes and nothing else. I also don't take them off to take a shower either.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i lost my feet in the great bicycle chain accidnet of 96

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice

Nut to Butt posted:

i lost my feet in the great bicycle chain accidnet of 96

I saw a lady on dancing with the stars with your similar predicament. I hope you dance

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
People who have a separate pair of shoes for wearing indoors are weirdos and yes that includes Mr. Rodgers.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Florida Man here, even wear flops to work some days.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Stay woke.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
im a hobbet

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Shoes in the house is a convenience for people who actually have a life that involves leaving the house.

Preferably not on the carpet, though.

Edit: Sandals all nonworking days, for me. Chacos, not degenerate flip flops, of course.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I think having shoes off and playing in the backyard as a kid is what got me those intestinal parasites that make me bum itch.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Speleothing posted:

Shoes in the house is a convenience for people who actually have a life that involves leaving the house.

Preferably not on the carpet, though.

Edit: Sandals all nonworking days, for me. Chacos, not degenerate flip flops, of course.

It takes like two seconds to take your shoes off, bro.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice

Wicker Man posted:

I think having shoes off and playing in the backyard as a kid is what got me those intestinal parasites that make me bum itch.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helminthic_therapy

quote:

Current research targets Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, inflammatory bowel disease, multiple sclerosis, and asthma.

Helminthic infection has emerged as one possible explanation for the low incidence of autoimmune diseases and allergies in less developed countries, together with the significant and sustained increase in autoimmune diseases in industrialized countries.

But that doesn't really explain your current butt itchies

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
hello hookworms, get in my feet

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
To pronounced big foot op :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
*pays 190 dollars for a pair of air jordans made of plastic, assembled partially by robots partially by chinese children*

*goes an entire life without wondering how society "advanced" so far that 500 years ago a common man could pay a cobbler to hand craft him leather shoes and now a wealthy man cannot find the same service*

• Locked thread