Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Radish posted:

Yeah Hillary not showing up right now is probably for the best. I'm not really sure what she has to add to the conversation and the last thing we need is the moronic press to start going "sure Trump looks like he's going to have one of the most openly corrupt administrations in History but EMAIIIIILLLLSSSS"

Maybe she can come back for the mannequin challenge with Harold and Kumar

Her tepid version of incrementalism and lip service to progressive causes has been shown the door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Pollyanna posted:

Holy poo poo, the Dems hosed up bad.

Republicans are now unified.

The ovens are heating up.

As is the Earth

Death is certain~

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
It's really astounding that loving ghouls like David Horowitz hate islam and love Israel so much that they dont give a poo poo if actual for real rabid anti-semites backed by the KKK now run the white house and have now re-legitimized honest to god real anti-semitism back into the american consciousness.

It really goes to show you the true nature of people who support israel and how little they give a poo poo about the well being of jewish citizens of their own countries if it would benefit their pet political ideology.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Radish posted:

Yeah Hillary not showing up right now is probably for the best. I'm not really sure what she has to add to the conversation and the last thing we need is the moronic press to start going "sure Trump looks like he's going to have one of the most openly corrupt administrations in History but EMAIIIIILLLLSSSS"

I never want to see the Clintons' faces ever again.

Al-Saqr posted:

It's really astounding that loving ghouls like David Horowitz hate islam and love Israel so much that they dont give a poo poo if actual for real rabid anti-semites backed by the KKK now run the white house and have now re-legitimized honest to god real anti-semitism back into the american consciousness.

It really goes to show you the true nature of people who support israel and how little they give a poo poo about the well being of jewish citizens of their own countries if it would benefit their pet political ideology.

Well obviously, they're evil. They're anti-semites, after all. :godwin:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Death is certain~

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Maarek
Jun 9, 2002

Your silence only incriminates you further.

http://mondoweiss.net/2016/11/islamophobic-gathering-florida/

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

There's a massive asterisk with Israel because the only Jews allowed to enjoy a life there are the Ashkenazi. They aren't pro-Jew, they're pro-Israel.

The irony of Israel becoming an apartheid state is palpable.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Covok posted:

Death is certain~

Your posts are really boring.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Then Bernie said "hell no" and began fixing the gushing leaks and by bilging the water and rowing twice as hard and he's not gonna give up until we all reach the land of economic and social justice.

Sorry dude. While his vision is good, ultimately he's just a mortal man. Obama's vision was good, and where did that get us? Bernie would have about as much success. Don't set people up to be Messiahs. All you get is Trumps.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Pollyanna posted:

Holy poo poo, the Dems hosed up bad.

No kidding. This has been coming for a while and Trump (and Clinton's unpopularity) just accelerated it. The people crowing that the Dems were never going to lose a presidency again were a combination of naive and arrogant since their plan pretty much rested on the idea that we have a precarious position where if ANY Democrat lost the white House we'd be in pretty much the same position as we are now give or take the normalization of racism. We have been doing badly in elections outside of 2008 for almost 20 years but they've pushed more or less the same policy that no one wants.

Pollyanna posted:

I never want to see the Clintons' faces ever again.

Again no kidding. They need to disappear and just do charity work or something. That family needs to be gone from politics for a long time since they are a drag on any discourse.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

These are the people that are supposed to be standing up for minorities by being Serious and winning elections.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Business Gorillas posted:

Does that black Muslim man know that the Bernouts are actually the true racists??? :ohdear:

lol you dont get to posture about this, mr "white exclusion"

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Who the gently caress put Brazile in charge?

:psyduck:

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!

SavageBastard posted:

How is Rand Paul the voice of reason here? What bizzaro world are we living in? Is this the Upsidedown?
I think Rand Paul is the 3rd or 4th most liberal Republican? Susan Collins, Dean Heller, Randbot 2000.

SavageBastard
Nov 16, 2007
Professional Lurker

Tir McDohl posted:

It worked for them.

Edit: And besides being insolent, they are stealing Obama's nominee. You don't loving reward that.

To be clear, it worked to make the country a generally shittier and more divided place.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

BarbarianElephant posted:

Sorry dude. While his vision is good, ultimately he's just a mortal man. Obama's vision was good, and where did that get us? Bernie would have about as much success. Don't set people up to be Messiahs. All you get is Trumps.

Nah Bernie isn't Trump

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

MrBuddyLee posted:

I think Rand Paul is the 3rd or 4th most liberal Republican? Susan Collins, Dean Heller, Randbot 2000.

He's a Paul so he's right once and a while but not because of any sane reason.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Obama spent his time trying to bargain with Republicans, listening to Rahm Emanuel, trying to trade away long term safety nets for short term promises of keeping the government running, and left everyone at the mercy of the banks that crashed the economy. He may not have had any more success with the GOP congress if he had tried to do anything more leftist but I bet more people would have been enthused to keep supporting him as opposed to seeing him immediately become just like every other boring Democrat after being elected. It's not like playing along got him anywhere.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Radish posted:

Again no kidding. They need to disappear and just do charity work or something. That family needs to be gone from politics for a long time since they are a drag on any discourse.

This poo poo about Chelsea getting a House seat as a birthday present needs to die too. It's almost as ridiculous as when all the baby boomers creamed their pants to the tune of "OMG CAMELOT" when Caroline Kennedy got floated for Hillary's Senate seat.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

TheScott2K posted:

This poo poo about Chelsea getting a House seat as a birthday present needs to die too. It's almost as ridiculous as when all the baby boomers creamed their pants to the tune of "OMG CAMELOT" when Caroline Kennedy got floated for Hillary's Senate seat.

Yeah I'm hoping that's just some dumbfuck punditry and there's no actual plan there because talk about loving tone deaf on multiple levels.

I know some people like to be pedantic and claim that the Clintons aren't a dynasty yet because Hillary and Bill are married and not descended from each other but the real world doesn't see it that way.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

paranoid randroid posted:

lol you dont get to posture about this, mr "white exclusion"

ya biz gorilla gently caress off !!!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
yeah unfortunately Obama will mostly be remembered as the cook who prepared america to be the meal of the republicans, not only has he not rocked the boat or made any sustainable changes, he has oversaw the establishment of a really frightening series of tools of mass surveillance and militarization that the republicans will use to their fullest extent. he really let the country down bigtime through his lack of ruthlessness and resolve.

That atlantic article written a few years ago about him is absolutely correct, he leads from behind and simply tut tuts when people do the wrong thing. he doesnt have any fire in him.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Radish posted:

Obama spent his time trying to bargain with Republicans, listening to Rahm Emanuel, trying to trade away long term safety nets for short term promises of keeping the government running, and left everyone at the mercy of the banks that crashed the economy. He may not have had any more success with the GOP congress if he had tried to do anything more leftist but I bet more people would have been enthused to keep supporting him as opposed to seeing him immediately become just like every other boring Democrat after being elected. It's not like playing along got him anywhere.

Sure didn't help when the Democratic Party kept trying to distance themselves from him during mid-terms, trying to win over Republican voters who show up in the mid terms instead of focusing on getting their own voters out to the polls.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Covok posted:

Republicans are now unified.

The ovens are heating up.

As is the Earth

Death is certain~
Dehumanize yourself and face the trumpshed :smugdon:

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
We are now seven days into Trump's transition team:

https://twitter.com/mckaycoppins/status/798558527807700993
https://twitter.com/DavidDTSS/status/798563940464787457
https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/798548665174368256

Maarek
Jun 9, 2002

Your silence only incriminates you further.
Obama was supported from day 1 by powerful party leaders to take on Clinton. His rhetoric may have been uplifting but (as his presidency proved) he was thoroughly an establishment Democrat in policy and ideology. Look at how he dealt with finance and healthcare at a time when the Democrats had a supermajority in congress. Obama's rhetoric was good, but his actual vision was nothing special. He was better than Clinton, but that's not an incredible accomplishment TBH.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/McNaughtonArt/status/796464299073884160

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

I needed this today.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

It's really sad when a lunatic like Ben Carson is more self aware than the president of the US. Why didn't he think of this when supporting Trump?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

so uh

hmm

uh

why the gently caress were you running for president, my man

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

wow props to carson for having a bit of self reflection I guess.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

so uh

hmm

uh

Same reason Vermin Supreme does: To bring media coverage to really important issues. Also good publicity for future books.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

so uh

hmm

uh

Because he knew he wasn't going to win and that it would put him on the wingnut welfare train for the rest of his life.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
[extremely quaaludes voice] haha aw no im basically incompetent

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

mcmagic posted:

It's really sad when a lunatic like Ben Carson is more self aware than the president of the US. Why didn't he think of this when supporting Trump?

If true, then why the flip did he *also* run for president? Gah.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

comingafteryouall posted:

Sure didn't help when the Democratic Party kept trying to distance themselves from him during mid-terms, trying to win over Republican voters who show up in the mid terms instead of focusing on getting their own voters out to the polls.

Yeah that was dumb as hell.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

The placement of the presidents behind Obama is too much. I love how the guy obviously hates Kennedy, but realizes people love him as a martyr so we get a Kennedy that is kind of mad at Obama but not really.

Then you have FDR back there clapping, like that is a bad thing.

Nixon also gets a closer placement to Obama lurking there in the background!

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
As a former New Jerseyan, one of the few glimmers of light in this election is watching Chris Christie's life and dignity get systematically destroyed.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

Admiral Ray posted:

Same reason Vermin Supreme does: To bring media coverage to really important issues. Also good publicity for future books.

Vermin Supreme doesn't ask people to take him seriously. A lot of real voters genuinely liked Carson and thought he was running sincerely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

comingafteryouall posted:

You're acting shocked this happened. If anything, it showed the world exactly who the democrats were out to represent: bougie white NIMBYers

• Locked thread