Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

LethalGeek posted:

ding ding ding. Lotta noise trying to find things that actually matter. Also drat you all get salty fast.

I'll show you salt you human garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Please do not expend any more posts on that garbo tiff from yesterday.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

LethalGeek posted:

ding ding ding. Lotta noise trying to find things that actually matter. Also drat you all get salty fast.

Don't you loving ding ding ding me motherfucker

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Please do not expend any more posts on that garbo tiff from yesterday.

You just did.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Actually, nothing matters

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

I'd rather the switch launched without a zelda game as I don't like them.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Metroid Federation Force 2 just announced as Switch launch title

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

LethalGeek posted:

I'll show you how above it all I am by going right back to it, at every opportunity.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Geokinesis posted:

I'd rather the switch launched without a zelda game as I don't like them.

Mods?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Metroid Federation Force 2 just announced as Switch launch title

I've been replaying Prime recently and that game really holds up well. It has a cool sci-fi aesthetic, there's not a whole lot out there that plays like it, and it's just a lot of fun. A good loving game. Nintendo just leaving that behind is strange. I really hope Prime sees some kind of revival in the future.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

I look forward to the Nintendo Switch, because it is a Nintendo console that has yet to disappoint me with the lack of a new Advance Wars within the product's lifetime.

Edit: Advance Wars presents: Splatoon: the part where mankind lost.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

BreakAtmo posted:

Most educated opinions on the subject point to the Switch being more powerful than the Wii U even when undocked, so I wouldn't be too concerned about the framerate.

Oh, neat. That's good news.

Has there been any realistic information about its battery life? It's not that important to me--most times I'd play it portable, I'd have access to an outlet anyway--but I'm curious.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I just hope Zelda comes out before the loving nukes fall.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheScott2K posted:

I've been replaying Prime recently and that game really holds up well. It has a cool sci-fi aesthetic, there's not a whole lot out there that plays like it, and it's just a lot of fun. A good loving game. Nintendo just leaving that behind is strange. I really hope Prime sees some kind of revival in the future.

There was a new Metroid Prime game three months ago you dummy

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I wonder if Miiverse is gone now that they're moving away from the Wii/Mii branding. I hope they retain some equivalent to it. Wouldn't miss the Miis themselves.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Harrow posted:

Oh, neat. That's good news.

Has there been any realistic information about its battery life? It's not that important to me--most times I'd play it portable, I'd have access to an outlet anyway--but I'm curious.

There was some stuff about the battery life being an unimpressive 3 hours or so, but it seems like that may be from the devkit, which older rumors claimed was fan-cooled and used a Maxwell-based Tegra X1. By comparison, the consumer device will probably only use the fan when docked, and will have a custom chip which, if it uses Pascal architecture as Nvidia implied, will probably be a good 60% more efficient than an X1.

This is all just rumour and guesswork of course, but it's been mostly reliable so far.

BreakAtmo fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Nov 15, 2016

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Sorry, hit quote and not edit.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

There was a new Metroid Prime game three months ago you dummy

In name only.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

BreakAtmo posted:

Sorry, hit quote and not edit.

Ok I've hit quote as you requested. Now what?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

greatn posted:

I just hope Zelda comes out before the loving nukes fall.

30 seconds before

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Electromax posted:

I wonder if Miiverse is gone now that they're moving away from the Wii/Mii branding. I hope they retain some equivalent to it. Wouldn't miss the Miis themselves.

I'm guessing Miis are here to stay, they're kind of iconic at this point.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

open ur eyes, link

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

SRM posted:

I'm guessing Miis are here to stay, they're kind of iconic at this point.

The fact they made Miitomo should be telling. They're not going to ditch their avatar system any time soon.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I wouldn't be surprised is they rebranded Miiverse though. At a minimum I wish they would update the Miis themselves with better models and customization.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

They should start calling them Switchiis.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Maybe they should call it the Giiverse. Like "Gii, Nintendo sure doesn't know how to do anything right. I should know, I'm a guy on the internet."

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Miis are fun and cool, I just wish they would update the visuals and give people even more design options. Just don't copy MS and start selling crap for them.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Miis aren't going anywhere, especially when you consider that Miiverse and Nintendo's mobile games are still a thing that uses them.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
They only launched Miitomo a year ago and they just dropped a big update. I think Miis are here to stay for a while.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

if their heads get any rounder, we will be able to realize true chaos theory when we pour water on their big dumb nogs

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Dr Cheeto posted:

They only launched Miitomo a year ago and they just dropped a big update.

did they finally add gen 2 pokemon

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Miis have been around since 2006 and were on the 3DS, it has nothing to do with the name of the system anymore and it would be dumb to drop them.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

Lodin posted:

Miis are fun and cool, I just wish they would update the visuals and give people even more design options. Just don't copy MS and start selling crap for them.

:yeah:

God I wish they would add more options to miis!!! Let me give them pants and better hair colors!!!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Miis are cute and I like seeing a tiny chubby version of me or Hank Hill greet me when I turn on my WiiU.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nothing like hiding a inferior infrastructure with a stupid avatar that makes sheep think they have control and aren't trading it for a lesser experience :thumbsup:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Empress Brosephine posted:

Nothing like hiding a inferior infrastructure with a stupid avatar that makes sheep think they have control and aren't trading it for a lesser experience :thumbsup:

"Wake up, sheeple!"

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Mario is a tool created by the illuminati to hide the fact that the Wii U has bad UX design

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im gay switch

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

I'm gay and switch

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

wicka posted:

not to create an even bigger derail, but where do you people work? i guess this is kind of understandable if you work at very small companies and genuinely can't comprehend the way things work inside a corporation as large as nintendo

Customer cashier at Toys R Us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I wish you people would Switch into good posters!!

• Locked thread