Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Deloria posted:

I wont take a refund iff the campaign fails. It was my risk and I should accept the consequences.

I don't care if you are being honest or not, I really don't and this reply isn't really even to you.

The bit I quoted is the one part of Star Citizen that makes me not laugh and makes me feel genuine annoyance. You loving droopy mouthed backer idiot twats have fostered this attitude that pre ordering a game is a 'risk' and worse than that, much worse, is that 'it's ok if it never comes out' and 'it's my fault really'.

No, it isn't.

You are doing what I do in a restaurant, choosing a product, paying for it then waiting for it to arrive.
If I am still sat in the restaurant 6 years later, dead from starvation I don't think 'OH WELL I KNEW THIS WAS RISKY!' or 'gently caress, oops, welp MY FAULT!'

Go, fly, be free, go talk endlessly with other fantasists about your new life in space where there are no limits and surely the guy who made a game about space cats featuring animated gifs and pages of text will somehow make a modern game using the wrong tools. Go, gently caress off, be that person, have fun, high five the pedos, whatever.

But stop and think about spreading this bullshit idea that pre ordering games is, and should be taken for granted - a RISK. Stop telling people it's their fault for backing if it never happens. You are loving up early access with this crap.

I don't mind that Star Citizen will crash and burn, it's funny as gently caress, but the idea that you weirdos could potentially gently caress things up for any other games or kickstarter campaingns with you bizarre Stockholm syndrome / rear end kicking fetishes troubles me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

Skellybones posted:

"Microtransactions suck" *Buys $5000 illusory not-yet-in-game content*

Well to be fair, nobody, sane or otherwise, would claim that it is a microtransaction...

Deloria
Sep 15, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Nickiepoo posted:

Hey! Look who got tired of having to actually think about and defend her literally infantile choices.

Not being able to own those evil goons = 'they're just an echo-chamber of meanies' but she made an SA account when she was 15 so I'm not exactly sure what I'm expecting here.

Uhm you do get that i made that thread right? Ive posted like 30 times in it <.<

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Deloria posted:

I think its very likely you guys woulkd get very confused if I try to explain my path to SC.. but it was basically because a guy I roleplayed with in IMVU was really into it. He bought me a connie as a birthday present before I even knew what the whole thing was about.

Someone from the Internet bought you a $300 gift aged 14?

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Deloria posted:

No I dont think i could be morally right to accept a refund if CIG wa sspending the money wrong. I could have asked more questions earlier - like a lot of backers, but I kind of paid the money and then took a back seat and let CR figure it out. We left it up to him - so we have to accpet the consequences if he chose wrongly.

You were a victim of predatory marketing practices. Acting like you are to blame if that money disappears is not healthy. You have a limited opportunity to get a refund and if you have change your mind about the project you should exercise your rights.

If they are miss-using the money that is the exact situation in which you should attempt to get your money back. Saying it is your fault is victim blaming and not holding them responsible for what they are doing.

Codezombie
Sep 2, 2016

Deloria posted:

Also its entirely possible the SC we get in its final form may not be everything we were promised.

This...
For example I suspect Artemis Bridge Simulator will continue to have better multi-crewed ships than SC will ever manage to have...

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Deloria posted:

I have about $6300 spread over 4 accounts. I actually counted up that I could sit 170 friends in spaceships. *checks facebook* *frowns* *checks tinder*

If you are really 15 then its really gross that youre on tinder

Codezombie
Sep 2, 2016

Phi230 posted:

If you are really 15 then its really gross that youre on tinder

She says she's 18

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Deloria posted:

I am going to keep a spaceship for you.

Is this the Star Citizen version of 'I'll pray for you'?

MeLKoR posted:

The "community" is the only thing I truly hate about this whole thing. :psyduck: If the Star Citizen "community" is what you think gaming communities should be like then I am truley sorry for your lots.

In fairness gaming communities are generally terrible anyway.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Is this a Catholic thing, like thinking if a girl gets knocked up she should be forced to have the baby and "accept the consequences of her sin" and poo poo?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Deloria posted:

lol

Are there any norwegians here who can explain what RUSS is?

Most of my freinds save thir confirmation money for russ... which is basically the mother of all parties where they can spend like 30 or 40000 dollars on stuff like party busses.

Norway is a very different place to what a lot of you are thinking.. Spaceships was a seriously mature choice compared to some of the teen alternatives trust me.
your friends are using their money to stimulate the norwegian economy that sounds pretty mature to me!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Codezombie posted:

She says she's 18

*fuzzy modem has stopped being your friend*

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Are the other whales morally wrong if THEY get refunds?

If so, that's pretty judgey of you.

And if not, why the double standard? Do you hate yourself?

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

:drat:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

derek was right, invest more. star citizen doesn't offer a traditional return on investment, but one of the possibility of unforgettable internet video game experiences and relationships.

Codezombie
Sep 2, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Dude... I'm 42, Fuzzy Modem stopped being my friend a *looong* time ago.
Apparently...

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Codezombie posted:

She says she's 18

Also the tinder part was clearly a joke.

I know, right? A joke, on somethingawful of all places.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Chalks posted:

Also the tinder part was clearly a joke.

I know, right? A joke, on somethingawful of all places.

No

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Google Butt posted:

spending the money on a party is a better idea than a 6k video game preorder, as you might have an experience at that party you will never forget or gain a life long friend.

Pregnancy does have that net effect.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

:roflolmao:

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

Can't wait for this livestream where they again spent 95% of the time looking at ships in the hanger and talking complete poo poo.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I'm pretty sure they mod queue everyone who has that new account/low karma tag applied, so not even sure a new account would help.

I actually tested the -50 part, I can't be sure if that's the threshold but a low karma account can post without pre-approval. Not sure if day 1 accounts can as well but that's easily solved by making 50 of them and letting them mature.

If they think this idiocy is helping with the trolling they are one_boring_nothing_to_do_day away from finding out exactly what "trolling problems" means.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
Deloria I think you are providing a valuable service, both in creating that thread on RSI and in being a willing bag-holder while other people with more sense get their money out before there is none left. Thank u commando.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Deloria posted:

<.< Are you someone I know rl?

No, just someone you met as part of the SC community before I even became a goon.

EDIT: And no - at around this time last year I got a total refund and then some of my money and it felt great. Felt a little less great for my friend, who couldn't get one herself too, but...helped make up the difference with the extra I got from CIG due to them having no book-keeping whatsoever apparently.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 15, 2016

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

D_Smart posted:
ps: You guys think you're pissed now? Well then, better get ready for my upcoming blog because it's got some things that nobody saw coming, and which I can 100% guarantee will lead to legal action that will subsequently *force CIG to produce the promised financial accounting for the project - something that most of you are too scared to see happen.

:lol:

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Deloria posted:

Uhm you do get that i made that thread right? Ive posted like 30 times in it <.<

You do get that criticising this project while also trying to defend your refundable 6k 'investment' is worthless right?

Also you're talking about echo-chambers on the forum that banned beer sooooo

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Also, Deloria > MoMA

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
http://gamingintel.com/2016/11/15/battlefield-1-version-1-04-patch-notes/

quote:

BATTLEFIELD 1 VERSION 1.04 PATCH NOTES:
OPERATIONS CHANGES:
64 player

Increase attacker maximum tickets from 150 to 250
Increased the amount of tickets regained from killing retreating defenders after capturing a sector from 2 to 3.
Increased the amount of minimum ticket regained when capturing a sector in 64p Operations from 30 to 50.
Slightly reduced the time it takes to capture flags.
40 player

Increase attacker maximum tickets to 200 from 150
Increased the amount of tickets regained from killing retreating defenders after capturing a sector from 2 to 3.
Slightly reduced the time it takes to capture flags.
CONQUEST CHANGES:

Added two additional flags on the Suez map, giving it a total of 5 flags.
Added 1 armored car for either team to spawn in their HQ.
Reduced the size of the capture volumes on the flags located in the villages, old A & B flag. This is to reduce the amount of building interiors located within the capture area. The change should result in the flags being easier to capture.

You can customize your soldier from within the UI by selecting either the icon on Home or on Soldier
If the squad leader ignores requests for orders the leadership is transferred to another member of the squad.
When a squad member requests an order (and there is no active squad order), the requesting player is added to the want-to-be-leader queue for that squad and a 60 seconds timer starts (the timer is not reset if there are other squad members waiting in the queue already).
When the 60 seconds pass, the first member in the squad queue (the one who requested order earliest) is promoted as a squad leader. If there are other members in the queue after him, the timer is automatically reset to 60 seconds and if the new leader doesn’t give orders over that period either, then the next waiting in line is promoted and so on.
If the current squad leader issues an order, then the queue for the squad is cleared.
Equal weather in Rush. Now uses same weather sequence and trigger conditions for both rounds in a match
Changed default player count of operations to 64 from 40
Made the pigeon visible from a longer distance in the War Pigeon game mode
You can purchase Battlepacks in the Get Battlepacks menu
Two new tabs have been added to the store: RSP and Battlepacks
You can rent a server via the RSP tab
You can buy Battlepacks in the Store – COMING SOON!
You can join Custom Games from Multiplayer
The Quit button is now available at any given time when in the End of Round
Added tutorial videos describing each gamemode that can be rewatched in Quickmatch
Squad XP boost has been added, you may receive this item when opening a Battlepack
Prone soldiers can no longer be pushed by other friendly soldiers
Fix so both teams have the correct motorcycles in Conquest on Sinai Desert
Added minimum resolution scale when dynamically scaling
Fix for some environments causing unsmooth killcam experience
Fix for elite class dog tag not being unlocked correctly
Fix for graphical issue while ADS with various weapons on multi monitor setup
Fixed respawning issues on auto-spawning vehicles in Operations. E.g. missing defender torpedo boat on Empire’s Edge
Fixed any issue with the cloth popping when ragdoll settles
Repair tools can now damage the Fortress Gun
No longer playing foot plant VFX when prone
Fixed an issue on Amiens where a player could fall through the level if exiting a light tank next to the Mark 5 wreck.
Scout spotting flares did not work if the player died and airplane spotting flares did not work if the player exited the vehicle, this has now been fixed.
Added ground collision on capture flags
Fixed so soldier collision does not block pigeon release
Improved TAA on PS4 and Xbox One
Fix for soldiers running on terrain with the wrong angle.
Fix for an issue where a player could be catapulted if moving while proning between two structures
You will no longer get points for destroying your team’s Behemoth
Fix for battle summary logic being broken if the player died right before the operation ends.
Fixed an issue where a horse could die in mid sector transition if it didn’t have a rider and was out of bounds
Fix for an issue that could cause incorrect aiming while on the horse
Fixed so writing message sound is not started when picking up a pigeon with fully written message
Fix for black bar on the side of the screen when equipping gas mask
Fixed capture point flags not matching the actual state of the capture point for late joiner
Fix for extreme weather desync between players after rejoining server
Fix for missing score when attacking a Behemoth
Fix for fire damage being canceled if the player got damaged by barbed-wire fence
Fix for incorrect number of vehicles for each team at the start of a Conquest round
Several localization fixes
Removed invisible collision behind the horse
The syringe’s damage now scales with how long the player has held down the button
Players can no longer switch teams near end of round
Several CPU optimizations
Several DX12 optimizations
Weapon reloading is now aborted when climbing ladders
Fixed 3p animations for the horse
Fixed an issue where a player could be thrown up in the air when approaching the top of a ladder
Fixed so soldiers in stationary weapons can be road killed
Fixes for several DX12 crashes
Fixes for several client crashes
Fixed flame thrower visual artifacts when using flame thrower in tunnels and under terrain
Critical gameplay hints will now show 3 times in Multiplayer and then never again
Fix for several video crashes related to window size, hardware detection, and multiple monitors.
Fix for squad orders not being reset between rounds in Operations
Fixed issue with toggle ADS setting in combination with toggle sprint setting. If a sprinting soldier triggered ADS it would immediately exit both sprint and ADS after starting the ADS animation
Fixed an issue where the scroll wheel would rotate the view after disabling raw mouse input
Fixed an issue where the horse would not take damage from gas grenades, incendiary grenades and debris.
Fix for end of round transition not always triggering correctly when dead
Artillery shell stacks now deal damage corresponding to their FX radius
Slightly lowered the loading times between maps
Fix for an issue where the player could spawn in with the wrong kit. E.g. tanker kit when spawning in an airplane
Fixed an issue in Operations where a player joining their party leader to a different map would end up with a black screen after opening the in-game menu
General performance improvements related to edge models
Fix for players sometimes skipping levels in class rank progression
Fixed so all vehicles are available during pre-round ready phase
Fixed an issue where destroyed buildings would severely affect CPU performance resulting in low frame rates
Fixed a faulty 3p soldier animation related to entering and exiting a vehicle
Fixed and issue where the end of operation screens could be displayed over the deploy screen if the player died right before the operation ended.
Fixed an issue where the player could lose control over vehicles after opening Origin overlay two times
Fix issue with emblems being able to color the entire character
Fix for players not being able to switch team in TDM
Fixed a problem where a player on a horse could get stuck in the debris after the mountain bridge on Sinai Desert collapses
Fixed an issue where underwater VFX would trigger when taking damage above water
Squads are no longer auto locked if less than three players join a server as a party.
Fix for an issue where if a player accepted a friend’s invitation to a full server the player would be stuck in the lobby with “reserving slot” message
Fixed an issue where the game would freeze when entering certain parts of the UI
Fixed an issue where your in-game rank and the one in the UI were not the same
Fixed a couple of issues related to the wrong items being highlighted in the UI
Fixed an issue where you could not scrap puzzle pieces
Fixed an issue where the vehicle stats would not update
Fixed an issue when trying to “Quickmatch” for the second time
Fixed an issue where you could not open the pause menu after joining another round
PC: Fixed an issue where you could not see all the party members
PC: Fixed an issue where you would get multiple dialogs when deleting a filter
PC: Players can now disable aim assist for controllers
PS4: Fixed an issue where joining on a friend that is already in the same party and on the same server would result in the player being stuck in a hang state
PS4: Fix for “Decorated” trophy not being awarded correctly
Xbox One: Fixed an issue where a bad rep player is not taken into party and the gamercard disappears form Com Center after accepting a party invite
Xbox One: Fix for bad reputation users being able to communicate with non-friend users when in the same squad in online modes
Xbox One: Fix for a crash to the Xbox Home screen after attempting to join a game session via the Xbox One Guide whilst the title is suspended on the main menu
Xbox One: Fixed an issue where users could get stuck in an endless loading loop when attempting to return to the main menu from the Campaign screen following an Xbox profile sign-in change during suspended state.

loving amateurs.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I think all deluded citizens are equally sad tbh

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Maw posted:

Someone from the Internet bought you a $300 gift aged 14?

And did he look like this?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

i use the word faith when speaking about 6k video game preorders, it's normal

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Everyone discussing Deloria's account value shouldn't lose sight of the reason we started chatting with her - she's responsible for the single biggest thorn in the side of the RSI forum moderators at the moment. A thread where whales are lining up to justifiably poo poo on the state of the project that they have invested thousands of dollars in and CIG can't censor it without risking a complete uprising.

Their system of moving every critical thread off to the concern forum where it was hidden from non backers has stopped working. This thread is one of the most popular on their boards at the moment and it's breaking down the mental defences of backers left right and centre.

If she keeps her money in the project but keeps asking awkward questions loudly on their forums, she'll probably have done more to accelerate this project towards it's inevitable conclusion than most of us have.

D_Smart posted:

She didn't though. Having an SA account doesn't make you a Goon. It just makes you the clown who paid 10 bux to post on a dead gay comedy forum. Then buy a JPEG avatar.

Oh, having an SA account makes you a goon alright. Once bought, forever tainted.

Chalks fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Nov 15, 2016

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Google Butt posted:

i use the word faith when speaking about 6k video game preorders, it's normal

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Deloria posted:

A lot more people than me backed because of CR's reputation - including people here. Yes I believed his reputation very much and I still do - he has been involved in a lot of things that many people think were epicly groundbreaking. I never played wing commander tbh - it was a bit before my time.

Let me get this straight... you have unwavering faith in Chris Roberts, not because you knew of him before, not because you had played his games before but because other people told you he was trustworthy...

It's a loving miracle you haven't moved to the Islamic State yet.

Also, never ever try drugs, those nice cool guys will have you doing meth and turning tricks in no time.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

D1E posted:

Also, Deloria > MoMA

That has to be the least impressive accomplishment ever.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Chalks posted:

Oh, having an SA account makes you a goon alright. Once bought, forever tainted.

Everyone discussing Deloria's account value shouldn't lose sight of the reason we started chatting with her - she's responsible for the single biggest thorn in the side of the RSI forum moderators at the moment. A thread where whales are lining up to poo poo on the state of the project that they have invested thousands of dollars in, justifiably, and CIG can't censor it without risking a complete uprising.

Their system of moving every critical thread off to the concern forum where it was hidden from non backers has stopped working. This thread is one of the most popular on their boards at the moment and it's breaking down the mental defences of backers left right and centre.

If she keeps her money in the project but keeps asking awkward questions loudly on their forums, she'll probably have done more to accelerate this project towards it's inevitable conclusion than most of us have.

$6k well spent lmfao

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Chalks posted:

Everyone discussing Deloria's account value shouldn't lose sight of the reason we started chatting with her - she's responsible for the single biggest thorn in the side of the RSI forum moderators at the moment. A thread where whales are lining up to poo poo on the state of the project that they have invested thousands of dollars in, justifiably, and CIG can't censor it without risking a complete uprising.

This is a good point, I expect CIG have also discovered fairly recently that there's a definite link between banning someone from RSI forums and a refund ticket arriving.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

maybe SA Deloria isn't SC Deloria?
edit : gently caress it at this point I just don't care anymore.

Get a refund.

I was reading back in 2013 at the same time when her SC account was posting in CIG and also at the same time in that old thread. It's her and as paranoid as goons can be, no - she's definitely not trolling.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Tippis posted:

That has to be the least impressive accomplishment ever.

Wait till you see 2.6!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Deloria posted:

I wont take a refund iff the campaign fails. It was my risk and I should accept the consequences.

I could have jumped on reddit and taken this quote straight out of my PMs with Cymelion. What the gently caress is wrong with you people and martyrdom?

Why should you "accept the consequences" of someone else's scam? Why would you not sell Enron stock before it went down? I swear to god, I can't even

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 15, 2016

• Locked thread