Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Cash Monet posted:

AFC North: Best division in football
-fools, preseason

I don't think anyone thought that. Everyone thought the AFCW would be the best division in football again (they are for the third year in a row).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

corn on the cop posted:

good teams get to play in primetime? how tragic

Interesting, I see one good to excellent team and a whole bunch of mediocrity.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

a new study bible! posted:

This is Trump's America. If you want more primetime games, maybe your market should be better.

:smug:

The NFC East represents 4 of the 8 largest metropolitan areas in the United States, including the largest. Give the people what they want.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Grittybeard posted:

Interesting, I see one good to excellent team and a whole bunch of mediocrity.

The Eagles are 5-1 outside of the NFC East and are 3rd in the league in point differential. I guess you have really high standards if that's mediocrity.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

b-minus1 posted:

the cowboys play 11 out of 16 games in prime time.
the eagles play 6 out of 16 games in prime time.
the eagles play 6 out of 16 games in prime time.
the giants play 8 out of 16 games in prime time.

gently caress the nfc east.

The only better option for primetime than a good close game is a tie, which we've already gotten this year.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lote posted:

The only better option for primetime than a good close game is a tie, which we've already gotten this year.

How about diversify the match ups a bit and allow people to see a more teams

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Metapod posted:

I'd be happy with AFCW games getting flexed into primetime.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Metapod posted:

But more people want to see their teams, and the NFC East has more people.

(especially when you consider that so many rural people that don't live near a team are Cowboys fans)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

NotWearingPants posted:

The Eagles are 5-1 outside of the NFC East and are 3rd in the league in point differential. I guess you have really high standards if that's mediocrity.

Looking up at the Giants in the standings, who have a negative point differential, and the Redskins who just eked out +3 this last week and who have both already beaten the Eagles once. Congrats on your shiny point differential, maybe beat the other mediocre teams in your division and the Eagles might look good.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

NotWearingPants posted:

They are 5-4. More half of NFL teams have at least five wins. That sounds pretty mediocre.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

You have America's Team
America's biggest city's team
America's capital's team
and Philly yo!

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

big money big clit posted:

They are 5-4. More half of NFL teams have at least five wins. That sounds pretty mediocre.

And obviously most of those other teams with 5 wins didn't have to play NFC East opponents three times.

The NFC East is the best division in football. This is a simple concept and I'm not sure why you are having trouble keeping up.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The Eagles can go 15-1 and the one loss would be to the Redskins. The Cowboys are the Cowboys, but that was a winnable game. The Giants game, I dunno.

My point is, everything is bad.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The NFC east has one good team and 3 garbage-to-mediocre teams that were lucky to play each other. AFC West's last place Chargers would snuff the Skins/Eagles/Giants easily and probably play Dallas close, NFC east ain't about poo poo

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Maybe this graph will help:

The numbers look way off, or at least are not the way I would do it, but the proportions are probably roughly accurate.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Actually I'm not sure how that makes any sense at all considering Chicago is in the NFC North, but let's just pretend it's accurate.

edit: oh I was confusing NFC North and AFC North

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Nov 15, 2016

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

That's a good graph and I'm gonna use it for everything

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The Eagles are really good. Maybe even the best team in the league.

When playing at home

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
whole lot of AFC fans need to keep their irrelevant garbage out of this thread

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

shyduck posted:

That's a good graph and I'm gonna use it for everything

It really should be redone with metropolitan area population rather than city population which would make the NFC East look huge-er.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

It really should be redone with metropolitan area population rather than city population which would make the NFC East look huge-er.

Do we give Dallas most of the rural areas in Texas? What about Oklahoma/Arkansas?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Proportionally, isnt the AFC South like 95 percent Houston? lol.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

axeil posted:

Do we give Dallas most of the rural areas in Texas? What about Oklahoma/Arkansas?

One would just use these numbers: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_metropolitan_areas_of_the_United_States

The numbers would be so drastically lopsided across the divisions that I doubt you'd feel the need to include all of Dallas' rural fans.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

We need to include all of the South Jersey Cowboys fans, and Chris Christie, who is fat.

edit "NFL Division Fanbases by BMI"

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

If we go by stadium location the Giants and Jets only have 9,000 fans while the Lions have almost 700,000. Such is clearly the fairest way to measure this.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Shangri-Law School posted:

If we go by stadium location the Giants and Jets only have 9,000 fans while the Lions have almost 700,000. Such is clearly the fairest way to measure this.

Detroit is probably kind of hard to measure since it's population numbers are better tracked with a countdown timer.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Metapod posted:

No one wants to watch those other garbage teams. NFCE prime time games are amazing

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

NotWearingPants posted:

And obviously most of those other teams with 5 wins didn't have to play NFC East opponents three times.

They didn't all get to play the Browns and the Bears either. The Eagles only good win at this point is the Falcons.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

NotWearingPants posted:

They are double counting New York for the Giants and the Jets.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

They didn't all get to play the Browns and the Bears either. The Eagles only good win at this point is the Falcons.

i agree the eagles do stink, its a shame that their chaff is holding down the rest of the division.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Yeah because taking down the Steelers 35-3 when the Steelers were in really good form is considered a poo poo result

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

CyberPingu posted:

Yeah because taking down the Steelers 35-3 when the Steelers were in really good form is considered a poo poo result

Also the 5-0 Vikings when their defense looked unstoppable

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

a new study bible! posted:

Also the 5-0 Vikings when their defense looked unstoppable

Yep. That one too.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Would've bet on NFC North.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Cash Monet posted:

Houston is one of the fattest places on the planet, after all of Missouri.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Turns out Indy and Nashville are really fat too

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Cash Monet posted:

Stupid Texas dragging down the NFC East.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

shyduck posted:

Turns out Indy and Nashville are really fat too

It's not like Jacksonville is some Mecca of fitness and good eating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

I redid it with the MSA numbers.

Note that there is some overlap between divisions:

NFCE and AFCE share NY;
NFCW and AFCW share SF-OAK; and
NFCE and AFCN share DC-BAL.

Further, I suspect that the St. Louis - Los Angeles move is what pushed the NFCW up so high by comparison to the prior chart.

• Locked thread