Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

I haven't seen the damned things let alone gotten them, are there any restrictions like they don't exist below a certain level or is facerolling dungeons with WH the best way to get my volley bow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Volley crossbow does not drop below blue, so nightmare is the safest bet for that. Otherwise, make sure you are always wearing your elf/witch hunter trinket when you play drachenfels maps.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Apparently Fatshark kind of sort of confirmed the Shield Rat getting added.

I remember back in Last Stand when it was shown but never talked about in pics I said I was terrified if it was going to be the kind of rat that hides in hordes like packmasters and if you so much as clip his shield with your swing it would stun you like your guard being broken. That would be bad.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Hopefully they won't be worse than just being considered armored and be vulnerable to charge attacks / strength potion / headshots / gunshots / fire / bombs.

Basically just a nerf to that most overpowered of weapons, the blunderbuss.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Lunethex posted:

Are Elves deserving of more ire than Games Workshop?

I always found them and the eldar the most boring faction, but then again elves have always been boring to me because no one ever does anything different with them other then like 4 categories.

1. is the tolkien elf type, super long lives and view everyone else as either children, monkeys, etc. a small in number but powerfull.

2. dark elves. basicaly evil versions of one, might actualy be black or blue or grey.

3. hippy one with nature elves

4. 1 but enslaved by people and basically humans but with shorter lives and under constant persecution, usually serves as the racism allegory for fantasy stuff.

5. santa's elves, who are just enslaved little people that he kidnaps from birth.

Lunethex posted:

Apparently Fatshark kind of sort of confirmed the Shield Rat getting added.

I remember back in Last Stand when it was shown but never talked about in pics I said I was terrified if it was going to be the kind of rat that hides in hordes like packmasters and if you so much as clip his shield with your swing it would stun you like your guard being broken. That would be bad.

cool maybe more rat variety and types. yay. link to where you saw.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

The pubbies claim that Fatshark 'confirmed' it on a stream.

You know rather than posting news, engaging with the community, announcing

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

My hope for the shield rat is it's like the uncommon common infected in L4D2, maybe comparable to a stormvermin or weaker, where it is more common than special rats but not as much of a singular threat as specials. Basically they will screw up normal attacks hitting them head on, but the shield doesn't have a bullshit hitbox that magically covers their head or side, Rupture or weapons with built-in penetration can shoot through the shield, they are not considered "resistant" like packmasters, etc.

My expectation for the shield rat is that every one of those things will be true, they will be the source of four new crashes, and they will somehow teleport rats and players around unpredictably.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Digirat posted:

My expectation for the shield rat is that every one of those things will be true, they will be the source of four new crashes, and they will somehow teleport rats and players around unpredictably.

I can't wait.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Shield rats emit a 50% damage resistance aura to all rats within 15 meters. The community is divided on whether or not it's a bug that shield rats can shield each other and that the shield stacks. Four months later a patch transfers the shield aura to gas rat bombs.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
shield rats added alongside taser rodents, stormdozers, and medic vermin, and also detective rats one day away from retirement, as part of payday 2 crossover

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
So, I just got a cool orange hagbane. Are hagbanes good and if so, what trick am I missing.

Also, it has targeteer (decrease spread by 40%). Isn't that bad for an aoe weapon?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Tiler Kiwi posted:

shield rats added alongside taser rodents, stormdozers, and medic vermin, and also detective rats one day away from retirement, as part of payday 2 crossover

Replace hector in hoxvenge with a stormvermin so you are killing a literal rat

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

tarbrush posted:

So, I just got a cool orange hagbane. Are hagbanes good and if so, what trick am I missing.

Also, it has targeteer (decrease spread by 40%). Isn't that bad for an aoe weapon?

They're horrifying Rat Ogre killers

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Grondoth posted:

They're horrifying Rat Ogre killers

Is spamming uncharged shots how it's done?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

tarbrush posted:

Get traits such as scavenger, ammunition holder, and hail of doom. Tell your teammates to get the gently caress out of your way and then left click on roger for 10 seconds to watch him wilt like a daisy in a microwave.

Do not use it to attack normal rats when you are anywhere near your teammates. It's the worst weapon for FF in the game and takes a lot of discipline.

While it can kill specials pretty well, be aware that hitting a gunner or a gas rat will make it scoot around on roller skates while shooting/getting ready to suicide. This can make things pretty bad for your team depending on the situation. Fatshark attempted to fix this once, failed to do so, and has made no mention of it since.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hagbanes are also amazing friendly fire weapons. I have had so many elves with hagbanes firing willy nilly and dropping white health party members in seconds.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
How come I never get beam or fireball staffs from the altar

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Count yourself lucky.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I have a fancy red conflagration staff, but I get the sense that's one of the worse ones. What BW equipment should I be shooting for?

seriously though this staff has an entire torso on it

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Left clicking the ogre with the Hagbane is not as good as chaining charge shots, which kill it in under half the time, I'm not kidding. The left click is a waste of ammo even with the strength potion. By using charge shots (and the Hagbane's innate quick attacks) you will down it in roughly 10 shots (even less with headshots) because of its armor piercing or whatever mysterious value there is.

Point is, the Hagbane is the top weapon for killing Ogres.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

anyone play on ps4. because i would play with people.

PSN is JamesWoodsKiting. Gonna be playing all day.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
I just got Drachenfels on PC. I tend to play the elf, and I'd love to play with some Goons so I can stop being cursed at when I join pubs. Man the elf has a bad rep. :smith:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/kaldaris

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

She gets poo poo on for her dialogue and personality. I don't really care one way or the other about it I mean it's just fan noise in the end. All her complaining just blends in for me.

Nobody will deny that she gets poo poo done though :getin:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The elf is incredibly powerful and in good hands may well be the best character in the game mechanically.

E: Also a lot of her bad rep is because the worst 'I think I am the best' pubbies will automatically gravitate towards elf and she takes a lot of skill to get the most out of her. Seriously, if you love elf, play elf. You'll get good with elf and then you'll kill goddamn everything with her.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I play the elf for the same reason I played Nick in L4D2, she poo poo-talks the team when they gently caress up (and sometimes just because) so I don't have to.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The improved loot tables have resulted in an influx of players to nightmare mode, and so the average skill level has dropped. Summoner's Peak is now a pain in the rear end because nobody at the second gate bothers to cover the generator. I give bad elf players poo poo but nothing is worse than a bad bright wizard who fails at crowd control.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Ah god, I am bad with saltzpyre. are you supposed to zip around and flail with the rapier for crowd control? doesn't seem to hit enough at once

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Surprise Giraffe posted:

Ah god, I am bad with saltzpyre. are you supposed to zip around and flail with the rapier for crowd control? doesn't seem to hit enough at once

Well if it's anything like the elf's swords. I just fishtail / zigzag backwards while keeping my cursor towards the same position.

Death by Chickens
Jan 12, 2012

Kaldaris posted:

Well if it's anything like the elf's swords. I just fishtail / zigzag backwards while keeping my cursor towards the same position.

Yeah as an almost dedicated saltzeprye player with a rapier, I just juke the rats side to side and aim for their heads. The rapier is a beast when you headshot constantly, and its by far my favorite witchhunter weapon. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

Death On Toast
Aug 2, 2006
The better half of the Brothers Douche.
just rolled the red 1h axe for the dwarf.

Which has really good traits. Except for the whole "Is a 1h axe" problem :saddowns:

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Lunethex posted:

Left clicking the ogre with the Hagbane is not as good as chaining charge shots, which kill it in under half the time, I'm not kidding. The left click is a waste of ammo even with the strength potion. By using charge shots (and the Hagbane's innate quick attacks) you will down it in roughly 10 shots (even less with headshots) because of its armor piercing or whatever mysterious value there is.

Point is, the Hagbane is the top weapon for killing Ogres.

Spreadsheet I found says the difference in charging your shot on Roger is 6 damage per poison tick instead of 4. You still get 6 damage for the arrow impact. With those numbers I'm not certain charged shots down Roger faster than left click spam, and they sure aren't doing it twice as fast.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Who came up with these traits

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Digirat posted:

The weird part is if the last one was a heal instead of backstab it would actually be real good

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The theme of most red weapons seem to be like they figured out two traits that are well on the way to making a great set, and then they got to the third and said "let's ruin everything about this for some weird-rear end gimmick that will never work in practice"

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Digirat posted:

The daggers' defining trait is that they only use 1 stamina for pushes. These are a very defensive weapon.

Which means your melee potential is going to suffer for not a whole lot of use. I modded the daggers to hit three enemies with the first two swings and two with the stabs. Suddenly the Red Daggers were amazing. Three was too much but it was a lot of fun.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If that icon does turn out to be a spear I wonder what the mechanics would be. I could see it having a much longer reach and have an extremely high single target damage for a base attack and a low damage sweep on a charge attack. It would be a superb special killer but unable to do high damage in crowds and only provide knock back.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

If that icon does turn out to be a spear I wonder what the mechanics would be. I could see it having a much longer reach and have an extremely high single target damage for a base attack and a low damage sweep on a charge attack. It would be a superb special killer but unable to do high damage in crowds and only provide knock back.

Maybe like a hammer but with a charge being single damage and long reach, with the non-charge being sweeps that hit like a shield? That could be too good but it would need space and time to take the real heavies and not really clear crowds as much as control them while a hammer can keep things moving a bit better and kill the crowds.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Digirat posted:

You don't need drachenfels to get the halberd and volley crossbow though.
The fact that there's a halberd in the game and it isn't Kruber's will never not irritate me given how iconic that weapon is for the empire.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Does anyone have a list of the translated dwarven nicknames bardin has for everyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Empire Soldier is Azumgi, which means Sturdy Human
Witch Hunter is Grimgi which means Harsh Human
Bright Wizard is Zharim (spelling?) which is Fire Lady
And Waywatcher is Watelgi which means stupid elf, essentially.
Dawri are oathbound slayers / comrades

Or so some other internet chump says.

Can I get a rundown on the item crafting system? Is it good value to break items I don't want versus fusing them? I don't know how it works at all.

• Locked thread