Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Uncle Ulty posted:

According to KBP, there seems to only be one more Mote dungeon listed - am I missing something? Or do we just have to wait for JP to start adding more of them? If the upcoming one is the last one, then we're gonna need more options for getting 4* motes.

Also, in the Record Dive section, there are a lot of classes referenced that we don't have yet. (Illusionist, Sage, Warmage, Paladin, etc) Are they going to be adding more Core classes to the DUs?

You are correct, they actually just recently added one more with the last one being the II dungeon Global just had.

The answer, however, is the thing that's coming to Global shortly: Multiplayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Do you think Wrath > Rosa SSB would be better than a straight up Aerith BSB though? Seems like a free party wide heal every turn kind of helps

I also have Tyro's BSB but he's way too busy casting wall and debuffing (He's my support) to do any of that which is a shame because his BSB is such a great support tool when I have space to cast it

Hard to say. It's true that Aerith's BSB offers more healing, but Rosa's SSB gives you magic blink, which is better under certain circumstances. I say use whichever you like more and laugh at the enemy's futile attempts to kill you.

Tyro's BSB is getting more and more useful as defense piercing attacks become more common. There will definitely be fights where it's clearly the better option

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Mastered the CM with full medals. Benched Lightning for Fang for no real reason.

Fang (77) / Lightning's SB Sword - Witch's Hat - 4* Atk/Def Access. / BotW R2, Dragoon Jump R3 / Sword+ RM / Summoned Maria's Song RW
Sazh (76) / Lightning's SSB Gun - 4*+++ SIlver Bangle - 4" Atk/Def Access. / Full Break R2, Power Brkdwn R4 / Mako Might / Boon SB
Hope (76) / Hope BSB - Witch's Hat - Mag+ Access. / Chain Stonega R1, Waterja R3 / BlkDmg+ RM / BSB
Cid (75) / Vanille SB Rod - Witch's Hat - Mag+ Access. / Memento Mori R2, Dark Zone R3 / Darkness+ RM / no SB used
Vanille (78) / Vanille SSB Rod - Witch's Hat - Cat's Bell / Diaga R4, Curaja R5 / Dr. Mog's / Oerba's Boon SB

Forgot to fit Magic Breakdown/Break in somewhere so the AoE's were a bit harmful but he got off very few turns once he started taking 50k in damage from his ally. Dark Zone is nuts, was doing 2x9999 even when Maria's Song had worn off.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

He has a defense-piercing AoE magic attack (ultimate roar?) that was hitting me for some pretty spicy damage even through full break + ark blast + magic breakdown.

It shouldn't have hit you very hard with that mitigation because it sure didn't hit me very hard through FB + MBD + Cleansing Strike, which should be identical.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

U-DO Burger posted:

Hard to say. It's true that Aerith's BSB offers more healing, but Rosa's SSB gives you magic blink, which is better under certain circumstances. I say use whichever you like more and laugh at the enemy's futile attempts to kill you.

Tyro's BSB is getting more and more useful as defense piercing attacks become more common. There will definitely be fights where it's clearly the better option

Cool! Although I don't know if Tyro without Wall is even someone you bring at that point

Vprisoner
Jun 28, 2007

THEMAINGATETHE
MAINGATETHEMAIN
GATETHEMAINGATE
THEMAINGATETHE
MAINGATETHEMAIN
GATETHEMAINGATE
SHININGLASER!!!
I've really warmed up to Wrath recently. At first I thought mages having Support 4 was kinda weird and out there, but thanks to Wrath Tyro's got walls on demand, something I've needed for a while.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Vprisoner posted:

I've really warmed up to Wrath recently. At first I thought mages having Support 4 was kinda weird and out there, but thanks to Wrath Tyro's got walls on demand, something I've needed for a while.

For Tyro isn't lifesiphon the same thing

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

For Tyro isn't lifesiphon the same thing

Wrath gives slightly more SB gauge I think. If you have Tyro geared to have ATK, then generally Lifesiphon would be better since it actually does damage. If Tyro is otherwise healing or debuffing with say dances then wrath would be better for the increased SB gauge.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wrath gives more than half again as much SB gauge as Lifesiphon. Lifesiphon is 90, Wrath is 150. Notably, that means with Ace Striker/Battleforged, 2 Wraths and being hit once by the boss = 1 SB bar.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog

Zurai posted:

Wrath gives more than half again as much SB gauge as Lifesiphon. Lifesiphon is 90, Wrath is 150. Notably, that means with Ace Striker/Battleforged, 2 Wraths and being hit once by the boss = 1 SB bar.

According to Enlir's, Lifesiphon is 150 and Wrath is 180.

Since 500 is a bar, that would be about right for what you said for Wrath(which does mesh with my experience), you're just lowballing Lifesiphon(also sounds right to me).

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

SageAcrin posted:

According to Enlir's, Lifesiphon is 150 and Wrath is 180.

Since 500 is a bar, that would be about right for what you said for Wrath(which does mesh with my experience), you're just lowballing Lifesiphon(also sounds right to me).

Huh. I could have sworn Lifesiphon was 90 (a 50% boost over other 4 star abilities). Guess I'm just going senile.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Cid Mission for U+ went fairly painlessly. Had Cid Raines running Memento Mori + Dark Zone (though he was only hitting around 7k per hit... guess I should've used one of the +Darkness damage RMs instead of Fallen Gunblade?); Lightning running Powerchain + Full Charge in the back row with a gun; Fang in the back row running Blood of the Wyvern and Dragoon Jump; Sazh with Magic Breakdown and Full Break, plus started the fight off with Godsend for Protect and Regen; and Vanille running Shellga and Curaga, with Miracle Cure for a medica when needed. Shout for RW.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
With Titan coming soon, is it worth keeping, or is it a no-brainer shatter for my R4 Bahamut? I've also got a R3 Fat Chocobo already.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Zurai posted:

Huh. I could have sworn Lifesiphon was 90 (a 50% boost over other 4 star abilities). Guess I'm just going senile.

I don't think you're going senile, there's just so much complexity in this game that it's difficult to keep every little variable straight in your head. It's honestly a little overwhelming at times.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I'm having unexpected trouble with the U+ this time around. No weaknesses, so I've just been hitting it with what I've got, but it isn't enough. Well synergy, you've failed me this time, so I think I'll put my only native BSB (the first ever one) out in front again.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I mean the good thing is you never need to really memorize numbers, just stack the biggest ones and see what happens

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

flowinprose posted:

I don't think you're going senile, there's just so much complexity in this game that it's difficult to keep every little variable straight in your head. It's honestly a little overwhelming at times.

Yeah, the game is kind of crazy sometimes about this stuff.

It took me like a month to get straight every element of what Imperil and En-elements do. They're not that complicated, but there's a bunch of weird interactions(like how Imperils don't help against 2x weakness, though apparently they eventually will against the 1.5x weaknesses that eventually show up).

Edit: Annnnd finally through Classic Dungeon.

Of course, that leaves half the Elite Dungeon. Mythril mine's not dry yet at least.

SageAcrin fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Nov 15, 2016

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Zurai posted:

I'm guessing you got it confused with elemental attacks hitting a weakness, or normal abilities with Ace Striker.

So normal abilities give 60, while hitting a weakness or ace striker gives 50% more. So normal abilities with Ace Striker OR spellblades hitting a weakness give 90.
Hitting a weakness AND ace striker gives 60*1.5*1.5 = 135, and should do considerably more damage than Lifesiphon.

However, Lifesiphon with AS = 225 gauge, so 2 attacks + hit once = 500.
Wrath with AS = 270, so 2 uses puts you at 540, which is great for spamming SBs. It's what makes Rosa's SSB medica + magic blink so powerful, since you're getting a curaga medica plus magic blink every 3rd turn at least.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I think I've finally got a pretty decent team put together. I've got Celes and Aeris with BSBs, and Gilgamesh, Fran, and Gabranth with SSBs. They're all at level 65, with Aeris and Gilgamesh's MC2 unlocked. Is this enough to try taking on Ultimates?

Also I really want to replace Gabranth with Agrias but I've had miserable luck trying to get any gear for her :(

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

ETB posted:

With Titan coming soon, is it worth keeping, or is it a no-brainer shatter for my R4 Bahamut? I've also got a R3 Fat Chocobo already.

I'd say hold onto it in case you get an EnEarth for a summoner. If you have that, Titan immediately becomes way, way better than Bahamut.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

And Atlas U++ down. Two medals lost(One actions, one damage).

Nothing much to report, besides that A: It helps to remember to equip my 7* Pumpkin on Faris, and B: Yes, Rosa is better than Y'shtola for this. By a lot. I straight up ate a Roar(the one that isn't ignore defense) before Breaks rolled in, and I still had way less problems, that try.

Wall's pretty bad here, not gonna lie. And I say this as an avowed, massive Wall fan. If you have an MBlink Medica pack that up and throw in a Drawtaliator instead, even with just Dr. Mog it is straight up way better.

SageAcrin fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Nov 15, 2016

Vprisoner
Jun 28, 2007

THEMAINGATETHE
MAINGATETHEMAIN
GATETHEMAINGATE
THEMAINGATETHE
MAINGATETHEMAIN
GATETHEMAINGATE
SHININGLASER!!!

SageAcrin posted:

Nothing much to report, besides that A: It helps to remember to equip my 7* Pumpkin on Faris, and B: Yes, Rosa is better than Y'shtola for this. By a lot. I straight up ate a Roar(the one that isn't ignore defense) before Breaks rolled in, and I still had way less problems, that try.

Wall's pretty bad here, not gonna lie. And I say this as an avowed, massive Wall fan. If you have an MBlink Medica pack that up and throw in a Drawtaliator instead, even with just Dr. Mog it is straight up way better.

Drawtaliate's definitely the way to go, though I still ended up using a Wall only because Penelo's BSB gave me a straight answer to any magic attack he could throw at me.

I'm honestly stunned at how much of an MVP Penelo suddenly became one BSB later. Before she was just a middling healstick I took to FF12 events and now she's healbot supreme

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

SageAcrin posted:

The sooner everyone joins the Church of Wrath Rosa (assuming they get blessed with her Artemis Bow), the better everyone's lives will be.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Schwartzcough posted:

Wrath with AS = 270, so 2 uses puts you at 540, which is great for spamming SBs. It's what makes Rosa's SSB medica + magic blink so powerful, since you're getting a curaga medica plus magic blink every 3rd turn at least.

:stare: I'd never really thought much about Wrath, but now I'm tempted to hone one for Y'Shtola and see what I can cook up between SS2, CuraEsunaga, and ProShellga. :getin:

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

My first experience with Wrath was frankensteining a theoretical "this can't possibly work as well as it looks like it will" low hones Diaga/Wrath setup on a newly obtained Rosa w/Artemis Bow, against U+ Zombie Dragon back a few events ago.

I've been convinced of the (niche, but impressive) power of Wrath ever since.

I actually tend to run it on Faris a lot, right now; Lets me get away with some things that I shouldn't be able to with just an L1 Full Break, while I wait for the Major Lightning Orbs to trickle in. (Wrath before the Shout, Full Break, physical, Burst works a surprising amount of the time...)

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I really should make a Wrath-Rosa too. I've mostly just been ignoring it as a tactic, because magic blink curaga is already dang strong.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Yeah, I just use Knight's Charge on her. It does the job but if I can build up SBs even faster, welp..

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

I think I've finally got a pretty decent team put together. I've got Celes and Aeris with BSBs, and Gilgamesh, Fran, and Gabranth with SSBs. They're all at level 65, with Aeris and Gilgamesh's MC2 unlocked. Is this enough to try taking on Ultimates?
Your party can probably do the Ultimate and maybe the U+ assuming you have a decent assortment of 4* abilities crafted. Just bring wall as your RW and try to stack as many breakdowns as you can with mist overload + defense and power/magic breakdown. With that and the buff you get from Celes BSB you'll probably be putting out enough damage to kill them before both walls run out.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Are Souls of a Hero rare enough that I should be using mine on a particular character or am I free to just grab someone I like?

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

You probably want to keep at least 2 in reserve in case you draw some relics for characters you don't have. They're not that rare but it can suck if you get something really good and can't get the character until the next event.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

For my part; I just use them whenever I get Soul Breaks for people, I've been playing three months and I have... *checks* ... 13.

So you know, if there's someone specific you want, it won't kill you to throw a few out.

But people with Soul Breaks are generally so much better than those without, with some odd exceptions, that until you get really, really rolling and get good 5* skills(by which point Souls largely have stopped mattering, I'd imagine) you won't really get a lot of actual mileage out of just grabbing your favs.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I got an Artemis Bow, Vega, Fire Lash, and Ehregeiz from my multipull a couple days ago which all are for characters I dont currently have, is it worth using a soul to grab one of the guys associated with those? Or are none particularly great. I don't mind holding onto it if none of those give good soul breaks.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I got an Artemis Bow, Vega, Fire Lash, and Ehregeiz from my multipull a couple days ago which all are for characters I dont currently have, is it worth using a soul to grab one of the guys associated with those? Or are none particularly great. I don't mind holding onto it if none of those give good soul breaks.
It really depends on which Artemis Bow it is. Is it Rosa's or Faris's?

Regardless, Fire Lash is one of the best relics in the game for a mage team so I'd grab Krile asap.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

It really depends on which Artemis Bow it is. Is it Rosa's or Faris's?

Regardless, Fire Lash is one of the best relics in the game for a mage team so I'd grab Krile asap.

Oh, sorry didn't know there was mutliple. It's the one for Faris.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Oh, sorry didn't know there was mutliple. It's the one for Faris.
:catstare:

1) I hate you
2) You're set. Grab Krile and Faris ASAP.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Absolutely grab Faris, you need a Support 5 character for any content worthy of the name and Beryl Serpent gives you the all-important Full Break and defensive breakdowns that make the skillset mandatory, which opens up her skill slots to her considerable skillset. Fire Lash is also something you should jump on, it's Hastega, High Regen and a magic buff to your whole team. Magic is a little harder to make work on beginner hones but Sheepsong goes a long way towards helping with that. Vega and Ehrgeiz, meanwhile, you can sit on. Laguna is kind of loose and Freezing Barrage works if you can put together an Ice-focused team, which you won't be for a long time. If by any chance you meant Vega 42s for Sazh, that's a little better but not all that much, you have Sheepsong for Hastega and that's pretty much what that one's for. Ehrgeiz, meanwhile, is unimpressive. It's better than Freezing Barrage for a beginner but it's a lower priority. If you get nothing better a few weeks from now, which is unlikely to be honest, you can reassess.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

of course it's not until after i beat the CM that i remember that i can reforge three of the items i was using

think i'm gonna ease up a little on the whole "don't hone it until you need it" for ++ equipment

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Thing about Sheepsong(as a beginner thing); Hastega+Heavy Regen alone is a pretty solid Soul Break.

So you don't necessarily haaaave to heavily leverage the magic thing(though, it does make going heavily magic early much more attractive), because it's just plain good no matter what.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

SageAcrin posted:

Thing about Sheepsong(as a beginner thing); Hastega+Heavy Regen alone is a pretty solid Soul Break.

So you don't necessarily haaaave to heavily leverage the magic thing(though, it does make going heavily magic early much more attractive), because it's just plain good no matter what.

Hastega is great period. If there was a shared hastega SB relic you bet your rear end that's going into every CM fight with a Mako Might attached

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

So here is where I'm at:

I have Cloud's OSB (which owns, I love breaking 9999), Faris' Beryl Serpent (I don't even remember where I got that drat Bow, but once I saw people talking about it in here I remembered I had a bow for her), and Ramza's Shout. Auron is there for hitting things with Greg's BSB katana and Yuna's my healer/protect/shell monkey.

So far, my plan is to get Greg in his upcoming banner, level him and swap him for Auron eventually, so I can use that BSB. I have 4* Fire/Lightning/Ice magic, Prot/Shell,Cure-agas, Power/Magic Breakdown, one Lifesiphon (currently riding on Ramza), and I could put Drawtaliate on Auron if I wanted to. Aside from getting more levels/MCII lodes (duh), what should I be focusing on? Based on what I'm reading and what I already have, the next couple of banners (the Support nightmare and the Revenge bosses) aren't worth the mythril, right? I don't have a Sentinel's Grimoire, but I can RW that. I'm nowhere near the point where I can level up a shitload of people, I'm just trying to get an A-team for like, U+ fights. I know I'm hosed for things like the Nightmares without more characters leveled.

Also, I know when you recruit a character you already have, you get an egg. What do you get when you obtain an MC you already have or have used? Also an egg, or do you get an MC lode?

• Locked thread