Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I mean there's not much to it. Someone asked what about that month improved CSPAM and I think that's when Zoux had his hilarious meltdown and got booted, and that was a good thing.

This has been my report on advanced CSPAM theory, thank you and good night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Don't mean to be passive aggressive. I'm aggressively asking you why your gloating was cool and mine is bad.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

i think just "please no excessive slapfighting about the primaries" would be fine. ANY PRIMARY DISCUSSION IS VERBOTEN is unnecessary

I actually agree, it just should've been more specific and this was during the time that the dust hadn't settled so it was a hasty note. :hai:

I'll add that :toot:

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

tower time posted:

I saw you mention Davenport earlier, so did you try Loebsack's office? I called earlier today and was able to get ahold of someone pretty quickly. His Iowa office phone is (563) 323-5988.

Ok, I called, spoke with Hannah. Demanded Ellison for chair and Brazile to resign for damaging the credibility of the cause.

Please everyone call your reps.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Zoux did manage to get Boosted booted from the Trump thread, so he did do one thing right.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Radbot posted:

Funny how the circle jerk was cool until it wasn't, say, around midnight ET Nov 9th

This is a forum that literally set up a "Salt Mine", but when its preferred candidate lost, immediately pivoted into a safe space and even tried to reneg on their toxxes. Safety pin up, bitches.

:rolleyes:

there was a circlejerk for a bit before the elections but the toxx poo poo had nothing to do with Saving the Hillarymen and if you think this subforum is a safe space for hillary people right now lol

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Majorian posted:

Which is my point. There's so much pearl clutching in Democratic circles about, "Oh, we can't promise THAT - we'd never get it through Congress!" Well, no poo poo. That's part of a successful electoral strategy: over-promise, and if you don't succeed at getting the policy through once elected, blame it on the other side. It's amazing to me that the Dems have gotten so bad at this.

But you can promise single-payer. It can get through Congress. I mean, conceivably. You could, with enough votes, actually do it. The preamble to the SCOTUS ruling on the ACA says just that. And you could, with taxes, actually pay for it.

You cannot, however, build a wall between the US and Mexico. It doesn't matter how many people want it. You cannot do it. There isn't enough concrete.

You cannot deport every illegal immigrant. Doesn't matter who wants to do it. You cannot do it. ICE isn't SEA PATROL, they don't have unlimited resources.

So you see, the democrats are careful not to promise things that can be done, so they never have to do them, and the republicans are careful to promise things that cannot be done, so they never have to do them.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

:eyeroll:

there was a circlejerk for a bit before the elections but the toxx poo poo had nothing to do with Saving the Hillarymen and if you think this subforum is a safe space for hillary people right now lol

This forum was the Platonic ideal of a Hillaryman safe space until a few days ago, I was probated repeatedly for trying to talk about anything besides YAS KWEEN SLAY

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

while we're relitigating the primaries can we talk about the dang bernie retirement home?! uhhh 1% much?

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Radbot posted:

Funny how the circle jerk was cool until it wasn't, say, around midnight ET Nov 9th

This is a forum that literally set up a "Salt Mine", but when its preferred candidate lost, immediately pivoted into a safe space and even tried to reneg on their toxxes. Safety pin up, bitches.

Fishmech was made IK to just probate Bernie posters in the main chat thread over and over again over. I stopped posting for a while, but apparently, zoux was on the same level?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Radbot posted:

This forum was the Platonic ideal of a Hillaryman safe space until a few days ago, I was probated repeatedly for trying to talk about anything besides YAS KWEEN SLAY

lol you could basically own hillary supporters freely as long as you weren't a complete tool about it

heh, i should know,

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Vox Nihili posted:

lol you could basically own hillary supporters freely as long as you weren't a complete tool about it

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Mister Fister posted:

Fishmech was made IK to just probate Bernie posters in the main chat thread over and over again over. I stopped posting for a while, but apparently, zoux was on the same level?

I never posted in the main cancer thread, and yet my rap sheet is still long as hell (because I supported the right person)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I wanna say August is when The Reign of Zoux came to an end

I do remember him as a particularly bad dissent-silencer, that makes sense :)

zen death robot posted:

For the record zoux was set up to fail and I was expecting his meltdown. I didn't expect him to probate a mod though lol. That was just icing on the cake.

A microcosm of the election

Someone said something a few days ago about how RWM was using "white people idpol" to rally the Midwest, which is not an angle I had ever thought of, and honestly to me it sounds like a great reason to pivot toward economic justice as our main platform plank so that we're not literally voting along racial lines anymore because that creeps me out

but I'm also a White Straight Dude who doesn't have anything to fear from Trump fascism (unless Steve Bannon has his way :jewish:) so I understand that's easy for me to say and will readily shut the gently caress up about it if pressed

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Radbot posted:

How the hell did you manage to be called "Colorado MIGF" by Fishmech? :stare:

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

;)

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Mister Fister posted:

we also made boosted an ik. making obviously insane biased people iks is an integral part of cspam

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

heh, i should know,

It kinda lost its appeal after being called a sexist for the thousandth time for not liking a specific woman's for reasons other than her sex and/or gender. :v:

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Continuing to look for opportunities to get involved in my state even though my county meeting isn't until January, so I went to the state party website. No calendar or events posted. I went to Facebook and here's what I find:

(That's last year's Christmas party)

Now I know it's pretty solidly blue around here at a high level but it's only because 99% of the population is crowded into our cities. If you look at county by county there's a lot of red poo poo in the rural areas that could use some outreach. I'm in one of those counties. My local party, which for years came to visit every election with petitions and information (I even had Gillibrand come to our door one year, plus some more local people) didn't even bother to come out this year. No outreach to my elderly parents who have voted solidly Democrat for 60 years and might need help getting to the polls. (They didn't, but still)

It's kinda sad when a state that probably has a buttload more resources than most committees can't get poo poo together. Guess it's time for emails and calls ...

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
Why is Baloogan still empowered btw? Is it the reward to all Trumpeters?

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Vox Nihili posted:

heh, i should know,

Hillary supporters had free reign to act like absolute garbage though.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

we also made boosted an ik. making obviously insane biased people iks is an integral part of cspam

And then we have Baloogan, who is simply insane (:h: ya, Baloogan)

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Vox Nihili posted:

heh, i should know,

They say it takes one to know one, and boy, do the Hillary supporters know tools

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

NumberLast posted:

baloogan is great and good

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

NumberLast posted:

hopefully--he was, ironically, one of the most reasonable IKs

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

NumberLast posted:

Baloogan was named ik in memory of JEB!

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

hopefully--he was, ironically, one of the most reasonable IKs

I dunno, I've seen him probate people for weird reasons.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

I don't recall boosted just probating people just on a whim though. Fishmech would probate bernie posters without even reading what they wrote.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

NumberLast posted:

WILD CARD, BITCHES

(he's actually a pretty solid IK)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

NumberLast posted:

well im not going to argue hes sane, lol

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
Fishmech for DNC Chair imo

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mister Fister posted:

I don't recall boosted just probating people just on a whim though. Fishmech would probate bernie posters without even reading what they wrote.

Boosted probated anyone who insulted him, he was mini-Trump with a 6 hour don't tweet at me again button.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Mister Fister posted:

Hillary supporters had free reign to act like absolute garbage though.

lol i happily probated obnoxious hillarymen for dubious reasons

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Baloogan was the second-best troll in ye olde Bernie threade (MIGF was cool and I liked foodchatting with him)

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

NumberLast posted:

He has a habit of supporting silly threads which i will gladly eat probates over ribbing him for.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
which of the big posters got perma'd in the end?

the leper's colony thing is like 30 pages long and its mostly people ive never heard of, lol

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

im glad baloogan is here so that this can exist.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

loquacius posted:

Baloogan was the second-best troll in ye olde Bernie threade (MIGF was cool and I liked foodchatting with him)

Baloogan is quintessential c-spam nite crew

You'd do well to heed to this

(all made during august-november, just to show how the forum collectively chilled out and abandoned it with drunken fun nihilism~)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

im glad baloogan is here so that this can exist.

:discourse:

• Locked thread