Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Hahaha even after a devastating loss, Dems still aren't allowed to talk about what went wrong in the primaries in CSPAM? Lollin forever

hm where did you get that idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Yeah I don't want to go as far as to say he's dead, but he's definitely not in the embassy anymore

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

hm where did you get that idea

The bolded part about the primaries in that quoted post. Maybe it was old, still hilarious though.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hahaha even after a devastating loss, Dems still aren't allowed to talk about what went wrong in the primaries in CSPAM? Lollin forever

I think the IKs want to clamp down on "OH, BERNIE/BIDEN/SOMEONE ELSE WOULD HAVE WON!" vs "Hey, here's a lesson to be learned and here's why."

I could be wrong though.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I've been cheerleading shamelessly for Bernie since Nov 9 and nobody's probated me yet :shrug:

I think it's mostly to prevent flame-wars but again the civil war is actually a palace coup so

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

idk who put the ik note in the op but talking about the primary is important imo. debating about the primary is important to debating about the future of the democratic party

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

iospace posted:

I think the IKs want to clamp down on "OH, BERNIE/BIDEN/SOMEONE ELSE WOULD HAVE WON!" vs "Hey, here's a lesson to be learned and here's why."

I could be wrong though.

This is the correct interpretation. The idea isn't to discourage talking about lessons learned and whatnot, but rather to prevent the hyperannoying primary spazchat from recurring.

Captain_Maclaine has issued a correction as of 20:56 on Nov 15, 2016

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

If you can grace us with some deep insightful, previously unknown knowledge regarding the primaries that everyone hasn't beaten the horse to death with, kindly do so friend~ :o:

loquacius posted:

I've been cheerleading shamelessly for Bernie since Nov 9 and nobody's probated me yet :shrug:

I think it's mostly to prevent flame-wars but again the civil war is actually a palace coup so

Why would they? :chloe: Like I said, you missed the memo on C-SPAM after August.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bernie owns

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

saying Bernie Woulda Won is an statement on where the Democratic Party should go and you should be free to argue about that poo poo

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Public position: Needs more study.

Private position:

http://www.marijuana.com/blog/news/2016/10/clinton-gave-thumbs-down-to-legal-marijuana-leak-shows/

Also looks like Wikileaks may have been compromised ever since Assange went dark in October. Someone may have not liked their election being messed with.

lol

Nonsense posted:

Bernie owns

yes. he has freed my mind from the poison of neoliberalism

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

loquacius posted:

yea there's a difference between 'here's the ideas Bernie had that the DNC really better adopt because they're gonna be important' and 'if you look at these polls from months before the primaries even ended you'll find that in a parallel world we'd 100% have president sanders' kinda stuff. One of those is a statement that can be argued with and for, the other is just fuckin political fanfic.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

iospace posted:

I could be wrong though.

it's this i believe. gloating about what could have been gets us nowhere.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

zen death robot posted:

Also "a freaking hamster dance" is a notorious bad poster who enjoys starting flamewars

That's a funny way to say "disagreeing with Hill Folk" but I'll take it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

tower time posted:

I saw you mention Davenport earlier, so did you try Loebsack's office? I called earlier today and was able to get ahold of someone pretty quickly. His Iowa office phone is (563) 323-5988.

Thanks. I'll give them a ring.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

That's a funny way to say "disagreeing with Hill Folk" but I'll take it.

Another smooth-rear end despot

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

Why would they? :chloe: Like I said, you missed the memo on C-SPAM after August.

What happened in August, anyway? Did the subforum collectively chill out of its own accord, or was a Problem Poster banned or have their IKdom taken away?

Tatum Girlparts posted:

yea there's a difference between 'here's the ideas Bernie had that the DNC really better adopt because they're gonna be important' and 'if you look at these polls from months before the primaries even ended you'll find that in a parallel world we'd 100% have president sanders' kinda stuff. One of those is a statement that can be argued with and for, the other is just fuckin political fanfic.

Personally I keep my political fanfic in C:\Documents\Boring Work Stuff\Giant Excel Spreadsheets\memos_from_latest_meeting.txt where it belongs

e: people are like "why is this text file of memos from a meeting like five gigabytes large" and I'm like "oh you're poking around my boring work stuff??? How weird haha why would you do that it's so boring hahaha" while surreptitiously yanking my power cable

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

a blanket ban on discussing the primaries is still silly though imo. we can shut down excessive slapfights over it without banishing it entirely

also bernie woulda won

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

it's this i believe. gloating about what could have been gets us nowhere.

Vile could have returned and gloated, but instead posted very badly and attacked posters he disagreed with from the general election. We should be able to discuss not wanting to retread ideas/events/strategies from the primary without being salty about the primaries as well I think.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

What sucks about Trump's transition troubles is it gives hope his administration will be too incompetent to pursue its goals. This is a lie.

edit: I'm just glad it gives a breather to the eventual Nightmare In America in January.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

loquacius posted:

What happened in August, anyway? Did the subforum collectively chill out of its own accord, or was a Problem Poster banned or have their IKdom taken away?

Personally I keep my political fanfic in C:\Documents\Boring Work Stuff\Giant Excel Spreadsheets\memos_from_latest_meeting.txt where it belongs

e: people are like "why is this text file of memos from a meeting like five gigabytes large" and I'm like "oh you're poking around my boring work stuff??? How weird haha why would you do that it's so boring hahaha" while surreptitiously yanking my power cable

I wanna say August is when The Reign of Zoux came to an end

Nonsense posted:

What sucks about Trump's transition troubles is it gives hope his administration will be too incompetent to pursue its goals. This is a lie.

Yea I've had multiple friends be all 'uh maybe he'll be like evil version of Jimmy Carter, you know just kinda unable to get anything actually done?' and that's just so sadly optimistic when he has a congress full of happy hat wearers.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Lastgirl posted:

This.

Mods, can we just start probating identity politics chat? I feel like it's a necessity because we keep looping right the gently caress back to it and god knows D&D has plenty of circular firing squads for this over their threads.

"We should reform education." :geno:

"Why should we when people are getting gunned down in the street?" :grin:

"We should probably look to shifting off the industrial model so people can find some financial stability and be put to work instead of drinking away in their dilapidated rural homes and misdirecting their rage and worsening the cascading effects of all the messes we're in." :geno:

"LMAO "ECONOMIC ANXIETY!" LMAO. Btw people are being gunned down in the streets." :grin:

:smugjones:

"We should probably focus on some outreach programs that gives minorities gainful vocational employment, towards infrastructure, healthcare, and robotics in the long run." :geno:

"Pfft as that will ever exist with institutional racism." :grin:

"Yeah which is why we should prioritize the issues and list them out to erode the symptoms that causes such institutions because it's not going away overnight." :geno:

Or we could just go with the c-spam posting route of

"bernie is good and cool. death is certain, inshallah." :bernget:

"how many sex cakes do you think could feed a family of 4?"

I prefer that.

Me too.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

loquacius posted:

Both. People were wasted for a while and kept it casual. I hope they continue to do so because it was good~

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

a blanket ban on discussing the primaries is still silly though imo. we can shut down excessive slapfights over it without banishing it entirely

also bernie woulda won

Could at least specify in the OP what kind of primary chat is okay and what is not imo, the note was for specifically relitigating the primaries because we had months of it during the actual primary season and it got so bad that C-SPAM was called the Molten Salt Reactor because people were way way too invested and it was really really bad, couldn't actually start anything without it all devolving into a huge flamewar and it wasn't conducive to actually discussing anything at all.

I'd like to not see that happen again, but that's just me.

I don't mind talking about future primary strategies though.

:thumbsup:

Really though, I think even one sex cake is big enough to feed a family of four. Harold needs to release his receipts.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

It won him the election. It's really not that hard to grasp why his message was better in every way.

Which is my point. There's so much pearl clutching in Democratic circles about, "Oh, we can't promise THAT - we'd never get it through Congress!" Well, no poo poo. That's part of a successful electoral strategy: over-promise, and if you don't succeed at getting the policy through once elected, blame it on the other side. It's amazing to me that the Dems have gotten so bad at this.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

even if trump is too incompetent to get evil poo poo done, the GOP certainly isnt *terrifying flashback to the dubya years*

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
http://www.lennyletter.com/politics/a613/hillary-clinton-is-more-than-a-president/

the beatification of hillary

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

zen death robot posted:

For the record zoux was set up to fail and I was expecting his meltdown. I didn't expect him to probate a mod though lol. That was just icing on the cake.

:)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

zen death robot posted:

For the record zoux was set up to fail and I was expecting his meltdown. I didn't expect him to probate a mod though lol. That was just icing on the cake.

:vince:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

even if trump is too incompetent to get evil poo poo done, the GOP certainly isnt *terrifying flashback to the dubya years*

Yea I fully believe Trump himself is far too stupid and unaware of basic politics to get anything done. The problem is congress isn't and they're going to happily guide him by the hand to sign the exact legislation they need.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

zen death robot posted:

It's this, relitigating the past just leads to a loving circle jerk

Funny how the circle jerk was cool until it wasn't, say, around midnight ET Nov 9th

This is a forum that literally set up a "Salt Mine", but when its preferred candidate lost, immediately pivoted into a safe space and even tried to reneg on their toxxes. Safety pin up, bitches.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Lastgirl posted:

Both. People were wasted for a while and kept it casual. I hope they continue to do so because it was good~

Could at least specify in the OP what kind of primary chat is okay and what is not imo, the note was for specifically relitigating the primaries because we had months of it during the actual primary season and it got so bad that C-SPAM was called the Molten Salt Reactor because people were way way too invested and it was really really bad, couldn't actually start anything without it all devolving into a huge flamewar and it wasn't conducive to actually discussing anything at all.

I'd like to not see that happen again, but that's just me.

I don't mind talking about future primary strategies though.

i think just "please no excessive slapfighting about the primaries" would be fine. ANY PRIMARY DISCUSSION IS VERBOTEN is unnecessary

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Majorian posted:

Which is my point. There's so much pearl clutching in Democratic circles about, "Oh, we can't promise THAT - we'd never get it through Congress!" Well, no poo poo. That's part of a successful electoral strategy: over-promise, and if you don't succeed at getting the policy through once elected, blame it on the other side. It's amazing to me that the Dems have gotten so bad at this.

I think after Reagan, they felt they could never capture the lightning in a bottle that was FDR. I could be wrong.

I hope I'm wrong.

e: Bill was the 1st full 2-term Democrat since him. Truman was only elected president once (48), Johnson same deal (64).

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I wanna say August is when The Reign of Zoux came to an end

Go on...

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol when i probated zoux because he was going waaay over the top and mad with power i had no clue how mad he actually was

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I mean there's not much to it. Someone asked what about that month improved CSPAM and I think that's when Zoux had his hilarious meltdown and got booted, and that was a good thing.

This has been my report on advanced CSPAM theory, thank you and good night.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Don't mean to be passive aggressive. I'm aggressively asking you why your gloating was cool and mine is bad.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

i think just "please no excessive slapfighting about the primaries" would be fine. ANY PRIMARY DISCUSSION IS VERBOTEN is unnecessary

I actually agree, it just should've been more specific and this was during the time that the dust hadn't settled so it was a hasty note. :hai:

I'll add that :toot:

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

tower time posted:

I saw you mention Davenport earlier, so did you try Loebsack's office? I called earlier today and was able to get ahold of someone pretty quickly. His Iowa office phone is (563) 323-5988.

Ok, I called, spoke with Hannah. Demanded Ellison for chair and Brazile to resign for damaging the credibility of the cause.

Please everyone call your reps.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Zoux did manage to get Boosted booted from the Trump thread, so he did do one thing right.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Radbot posted:

Funny how the circle jerk was cool until it wasn't, say, around midnight ET Nov 9th

This is a forum that literally set up a "Salt Mine", but when its preferred candidate lost, immediately pivoted into a safe space and even tried to reneg on their toxxes. Safety pin up, bitches.

:rolleyes:

there was a circlejerk for a bit before the elections but the toxx poo poo had nothing to do with Saving the Hillarymen and if you think this subforum is a safe space for hillary people right now lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Majorian posted:

But you can promise single-payer. It can get through Congress. I mean, conceivably. You could, with enough votes, actually do it. The preamble to the SCOTUS ruling on the ACA says just that. And you could, with taxes, actually pay for it.

You cannot, however, build a wall between the US and Mexico. It doesn't matter how many people want it. You cannot do it. There isn't enough concrete.

You cannot deport every illegal immigrant. Doesn't matter who wants to do it. You cannot do it. ICE isn't SEA PATROL, they don't have unlimited resources.

So you see, the democrats are careful not to promise things that can be done, so they never have to do them, and the republicans are careful to promise things that cannot be done, so they never have to do them.

• Locked thread