Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

im glad baloogan is here so that this can exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

loquacius posted:

Baloogan was the second-best troll in ye olde Bernie threade (MIGF was cool and I liked foodchatting with him)

Baloogan is quintessential c-spam nite crew

You'd do well to heed to this

(all made during august-november, just to show how the forum collectively chilled out and abandoned it with drunken fun nihilism~)

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

:discourse:

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Oh Snapple! posted:

yes

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

zen death robot posted:

Im glad the guy who managed to get banned for being too much of an rear end in a top hat in the football forum is back here doing his thing.

Yeah, lucky me for being both a Patriots fan and a Bernie fan.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

:holymoley:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

NumberLast posted:

Why is Baloogan still empowered btw? Is it the reward to all Trumpeters?

Because he's actually a drat good IK. I know, I was as shocked as anyone.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I have no real idea if Bernie would have won or not. He would not have faced the same challenges Hillary did, though, and would probably have been more aware than she was of the challenges he was facing.

He's kind of winning right now, though. If the Democratic party survives the next few years as anything other than the token resistance to the Trumpenreich, we'll have (among other people) Bernie Sanders to thank for it.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

baloogan is one of the best posters in this dumb good forum

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

baloogan is uhhh bernie. zoux was... hillary. boosted is obviously trump. zdr is the deep state. lowtax is.... the cia?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Karl Barks posted:

baloogan is uhhh bernie. zoux was... hillary. boosted is obviously trump. zdr is the deep state. lowtax is.... the cia?

im the cia, actually

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Karl Barks posted:

Vermin Supreme

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

posts are votes. editting a post is.. voter fraud. making a new thread is a ballot measure

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

docbeard posted:

I have no real idea if Bernie would have won or not. He would not have faced the same challenges Hillary did, though, and would probably have been more aware than she was of the challenges he was facing.

He's kind of winning right now, though. If the Democratic party survives the next few years as anything other than the token resistance to the Trumpenreich, we'll have (among other people) Bernie Sanders to thank for it.

It helps to have a solid track record too, in the long run he will absolutely be looked back as a key figure that orchestrated a leftist shift for the democrats.

Pundits kept saying "oh he'll only run to pull hillary to the left"

but they don't realize, he ran to pull the PARTY to the left instead of having the party play it safe with being an insider centrist. This was clearly not the year to be one. The GOPe field got demolished, that should've been a big red flag. Why would it be any different for the Dem establishment? Curse your hubris~

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
Balloogy was the only person I ever blocked and it was only because of the giant pictures.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Vox Nihili posted:

which of the big posters got perma'd in the end?

the leper's colony thing is like 30 pages long and its mostly people ive never heard of, lol

A Winner is Jew is probably the only one that really sticks out in my mind.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Lastgirl posted:

It helps to have a solid track record too, in the long run he will absolutely be looked back as a key figure that orchestrated a leftist shift for the democrats.

but they don't realize, he ran to pull the PARTY to the left instead of having the party play it safe with being an insider centrist. This was clearly not the year to be one. The GOPe field got demolished, that should've been a big red flag. Why would it be any different for the Dem establishment? Curse your hubris~

Not just a party, but a generation.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
Don't any of you goony poo poo listen to Glenn Beck? We're all CIA plants.

Don't you get your Sorosbucks cheques and pay your Lowtax tithes every week?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

tadashi posted:

So I emailed my state party chairs in support of Keith and one of them sent me back a personal message with follow-up questions within 2 working days of the original email. That's cool.

Oh poo poo. I think I decoded some of the questions they asked me and I'm pretty sure the South is going to rally around SC party chair and Podesta Group employee Jaime Harrison :tinfoil:

:eek:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Zythrst posted:

Not just a party, but a generation.

:monocle:

:bernin:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Lastgirl posted:

good post

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lastgirl posted:

I think you're right that it was wrong to credit him as wanting to pull just HILLARY left and rather we should have focused on his goal to move all of the DNC to the left. I disagree about the whole 'insider' thing, though. Like, obviously it helped Trump but a poo poo ton of incumbents also won their races. Coattail effect and all, yea, but wouldn't a big anti-establishment wave be one that involves not just voting straight ticket?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mister Fister posted:

Yeah, lucky me for being both a Patriots fan and a Bernie fan.

:same:

I never got banned in TFF though, just ate a 6er when a mod was salty and was repeatedly bought the worst avs ever by h8ers

Zythrst posted:

Balloogy was the only person I ever blocked and it was only because of the giant pictures.

I blocked Fulchrum :negative: He was just so obnoxious, so salty, and argued in such bad faith

Karl Barks posted:

baloogan is uhhh bernie.

irony

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Am I too jaded because I'm totally reading this as satire, I don't know what's going on. Are they fuckin serious?

I'm catching up on NPR podcasts from before the election and there's this This American Life episode about Hillary Clinton. In which the topic of a Bankruptcy bill that Wall Street wants that keeps coming up in the Senate and won't die. Hillary as First Lady is coached by Liz Warren and is able to convince Bill to veto it. Then as a Senator she helps insert language to improve the same Bankruptcy bill to protect child support payments and votes for it but it still does not pass. Then that language is stripped out and the bill comes back in 2005 and Hillary must choose between a Wall Street and Single Mothers, who does she actually represent? She misses the vote.

That same show also explains how Hillary does not know how to use a desktop computer. That she only wants to use one device for her personal and work communications. This is the candidate for President that was pushed on us. Her husband was lucky his presidency coincided with an economic boom because there's nothing but incarcerated black youth to show for his years in office. She was a terrible senator. She was a sore loser to Obama. Her foreign policy ideals are disgusting and she was terrible as Sec of State. Pure nepotism propelled her to the candidacy, she's the loving Democratic Jeb Bush and many people love her for it, even after she lost the biggest gimme election in my lifetime.

Whatever, this is the poo poo I don't tell Clinton supporters, I guess there's no harm in their delusion anymore. (As long as she's gone for good.)

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

I have here in my hand a list of 205 that were known to the iks as being members of the bad posters party and who nevertheless are still working and shaping the policy of cspam.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

tadashi posted:

Oh poo poo. I think I decoded some of the questions they asked me and I'm pretty sure the South is going to rally around SC party chair and Podesta Group employee Jaime Harrison :tinfoil:

:eek:

why the gently caress would anyone throw any kind of support to anyone attached in any way to John loving Podesta at this point in time :confused:

much less an entire region

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Radbot posted:

The entire argument against He Who Shall Not Be Named was "b-b-but universal healthcare would also help whites, therefore, it is racist"

It sounds like an exaggeration or misrepresentation but shitheads like Veskit and Obdicut were actually saying this.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So I see a lot of posters talking about their local party organizations don't have any meetings except rarely or not at all. What are they supposed to do in this situation to get involved?

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Beachcomber posted:

We really need to get people thinking about class solidarity. The problem is, I'm not sure there are any symbols for that which aren't a hammer and sickle. Is there a progressive version of the Don't Tread on Me snake flag? Maybe something in blue?
Also: What is the best way to support strikers? Just like...a fuckload of doughnuts and coffee? Gatorade if it's hot? I'd carry a sign, but I don't think that's allowed if I'm not actually a member.

So not this, but maybe something like this?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
So, uh, is Pepe the Frog still a registered hate symbol?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

loquacius posted:

I blocked Fulchrum :negative: He was just so obnoxious, so salty, and argued in such bad faith

He gets probated frequently now :smugjones:

Point is, c-spam is different these days. Go forth and post good and cool

namaste~

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I think you're right that it was wrong to credit him as wanting to pull just HILLARY left and rather we should have focused on his goal to move all of the DNC to the left. I disagree about the whole 'insider' thing, though. Like, obviously it helped Trump but a poo poo ton of incumbents also won their races. Coattail effect and all, yea, but wouldn't a big anti-establishment wave be one that involves not just voting straight ticket?

Good point, I was really speaking generally. I just feel like our current DNC has some seriously glaring flaws because even after 2012, where were the groundgame for downtickets? I mean right now as it stands, democrats are loving decimated and it's out of incompetence and laziness

I do not even want to get started on DWS, holy poo poo. :tizzy:

Lastgirl has issued a correction as of 21:43 on Nov 15, 2016

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

loquacius posted:

:same:

I never got banned in TFF though, just ate a 6er when a mod was salty and was repeatedly bought the worst avs ever by h8ers

Only reason why i came back here is because lowtax admitted that some forums are echo chambers (in that thread about renegging those hillary bans) and the shocking hillary loss humbled everyone involved, i doubt TFF will ever be fixed though, not exactly a high priority when only 1 fan base gets poo poo on.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Thoguh posted:

So, uh, is Pepe the Frog still a registered hate symbol?

frog's dead, my dude

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

loquacius posted:

Someone said something a few days ago about how RWM was using "white people idpol" to rally the Midwest, which is not an angle I had ever thought of, and honestly to me it sounds like a great reason to pivot toward economic justice as our main platform plank so that we're not literally voting along racial lines anymore because that creeps me out

but I'm also a White Straight Dude who doesn't have anything to fear from Trump fascism (unless Steve Bannon has his way :jewish:) so I understand that's easy for me to say and will readily shut the gently caress up about it if pressed

Gonna preface this with this is how things look from my limited perspective, but towards the end of this election, it seemed like the narrative for anyone who wasn't on the Trump wagon was "vote for Hillary or a literal fascist will win". All the conversations I saw or heard were pretty much about some sort of identity politics.

While among all my friends, the narrative was "eh, gently caress it, we're all hosed anyway." And I can't blame them. I've seen so many people living in situations that were so completely hosed that even if America burned down, I'm not sure it would change their lives much.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

I love Hillary Clinton. I am in awe of her. I am set free by her. She will be the finest world leader our galaxy has ever seen.

But the feminist hero never got to be a legend first. And yet she is one, easily surpassing Ben Franklin, Henry Ford, Steve Jobs.

She deserves straight-up hagiographies and a sold-out Broadway show called RODHAM.

Maybe she is an idea, a world-historical heroine, light itself. The presidency is too small for her. She belongs to a much more elite class of Americans, the more-than-presidents. Neil Armstrong, Martin Luther King Jr., Alexander loving Hamilton.

Hillary Clinton did everything right in this campaign, and she won more votes than her opponent did. She won. She cannot be faulted, criticized, or analyzed for even one more second. Instead, she will be decorated as an epochal heroine far too extraordinary to be contained by the mere White House. Let that revolting president-elect be Millard Fillmore or Herbert Hoover or whatever. Hillary is Athena.

:whitewater: :whitewater: :whitewater:

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

loquacius posted:

why the gently caress would anyone throw any kind of support to anyone attached in any way to John loving Podesta at this point in time :confused:

much less an entire region

According to Maddow I guess its because Bernie gave up trying to win there after SC.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

I love Hillary Clinton. I am in awe of her. I am set free by her. She will be the finest world leader our galaxy has ever seen.

But the feminist hero never got to be a legend first. And yet she is one, easily surpassing Ben Franklin, Henry Ford, Steve Jobs.

She deserves straight-up hagiographies and a sold-out Broadway show called RODHAM.

Maybe she is an idea, a world-historical heroine, light itself. The presidency is too small for her. She belongs to a much more elite class of Americans, the more-than-presidents. Neil Armstrong, Martin Luther King Jr., Alexander loving Hamilton.

Hillary Clinton did everything right in this campaign, and she won more votes than her opponent did. She won. She cannot be faulted, criticized, or analyzed for even one more second. Instead, she will be decorated as an epochal heroine far too extraordinary to be contained by the mere White House. Let that revolting president-elect be Millard Fillmore or Herbert Hoover or whatever. Hillary is Athena.

:whitewater: :whitewater: :whitewater:

That is some surprisingly hack writing for a guy so in awe.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

also while googling podesta because I couldn't remember his first name I saw this article on a right-wing blog

Obviously I don't trust it as true for one loving second, but it's funny as political fanfic :allears:

quote:

A friend at CNN says Clintonland reports Hillary was in a “psychotic, drunken rage” election night; needed hardcore meds to speak Wednesday.CNN reporter tells me Hillary became physically violent towards Robby Mook and John Podesta around midnight; had to be briefly restrained. Hillary on election night was straight-up Hitler-in-the-bunker poo poo. It even included psychotic screaming about “the Russians.” The doctor helped restrain Hillary when she violently attacked Mook and Podesta at midnight. Gave sedatives, then amphetamines next morning. CNN reporter says Hillary needed so many amphetamines Wed morning she had unexpected nosebleeds all day. Fear was she’d bleed at concession.

My uncle who works at Nintendo reports that Hillary was in a "pyschotic, drunken rage" election night

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Radbot posted:

Funny how the circle jerk was cool until it wasn't, say, around midnight ET Nov 9th

This is a forum that literally set up a "Salt Mine", but when its preferred candidate lost, immediately pivoted into a safe space and even tried to reneg on their toxxes. Safety pin up, bitches.

drat man everywhere you turn up you just reinforce how bad of a poster you are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
mods rename me to Hillary's Drunken Rage, tia

• Locked thread