Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Radbot posted:

Funny how the circle jerk was cool until it wasn't, say, around midnight ET Nov 9th

This is a forum that literally set up a "Salt Mine", but when its preferred candidate lost, immediately pivoted into a safe space and even tried to reneg on their toxxes. Safety pin up, bitches.

drat man everywhere you turn up you just reinforce how bad of a poster you are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
mods rename me to Hillary's Drunken Rage, tia

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

She deserves straight-up hagiographies and a sold-out Broadway show called RODHAM.

Laffo if you think the Hamilton guy doesn't at least have a rough draft of that done already.

Thoguh has issued a correction as of 21:53 on Nov 15, 2016

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i'm hillary clinton and i'm here to say
i lost the election in a really big way

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Thoguh posted:

So, uh, is Pepe the Frog still a registered hate symbol?

https://thenib.com/pepe-the-frog-to-sleep-perchance-to-meme

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Thoguh posted:

Laffo if you don't think the Hamilton guy doesn't at least have a rough draft of that done already.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

loquacius posted:

Hillary was in a "pyschotic, drunken rage" election night

Hell, same

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

loquacius posted:

also while googling podesta because I couldn't remember his first name I saw this article on a right-wing blog

Obviously I don't trust it as true for one loving second, but it's funny as political fanfic :allears:

My uncle who works at Nintendo reports that Hillary was in a "pyschotic, drunken rage" election night

If this were true, and had happened like a week before in public, she'd probably have won.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

loquacius posted:

also while googling podesta because I couldn't remember his first name I saw this article on a right-wing blog

Obviously I don't trust it as true for one loving second, but it's funny as political fanfic :allears:

My uncle who works at Nintendo reports that Hillary was in a "pyschotic, drunken rage" election night

I legit want to know what that hotel suite actually was like last Tuesday. I hope somebody does a good tell all book about the campaign.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Karl Barks posted:

i lost the election in a really big way

and make sure to say 'rap' a lot, so people know I'm rapping

rap, rap, Hillary Clinton rap.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Playstation 4 posted:

That is some surprisingly hack writing for a guy so in awe.

It reads like the opening to a self-insert fanfiction that ends with Hillary paddling him for not canvassing enough of his friends to go vote for her as he frantically reblogs in ecstasy

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

I was at work. In Canada. Somehow still surrounded by Trumpeters. I swear, had loving chants going as we did the freight work throughout the night.

loquacius posted:

It reads like the opening to a self-insert fanfiction that ends with Hillary paddling him for not canvassing enough of his friends to go vote for her as he frantically reblogs in ecstasy

Spanks him, or reads him scary email stories?

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

AngryBooch posted:

Whatever, this is the poo poo I don't tell Clinton supporters, I guess there's no harm in their delusion anymore. (As long as she's gone for good.)

Honestly at this point I feel the truth is far less important than selling an appealing narrative. And if "Hillary Clinton was a saint who tried to mend the cracks in America but was stabbed in the back by the evil Republicans who lied to her and demonized her unfairly" gets people supporting progressive policy instead of staying home, I'm gonna shout that from the loving rooftops. And I think there's actually a pretty potent grain of narrative there if you want to promote a leftward shift and a movement away from centrism. "Clinton reached out to the right, tried to assuage their fears by saying she wouldn't do anything radical, and they didn't believe her, then stabbed her in the back for an orange rapist. We had misgivings about her, fundamental disagreements with her policy, and she took our votes as granted but we turned out for her because we have honor and humanity and basic decency" might be a pretty decent start of a sell for a bitter centrist.

I suspect a similar narrative is going on in the heads of the former Clinton supporters who have been radicalizing.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

frog's dead, my dude

Frog dead, so what

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
This dead gay comedy forum, revitalized through the said calling it dead and gay, has come up with better poo poo before and will do it again.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

MJ12 posted:

Honestly at this point I feel the truth is far less important than selling an appealing narrative. And if "Hillary Clinton was a saint who tried to mend the cracks in America but was stabbed in the back by the evil Republicans who lied to her and demonized her unfairly" gets people supporting progressive policy instead of staying home, I'm gonna shout that from the loving rooftops. And I think there's actually a pretty potent grain of narrative there if you want to promote a leftward shift and a movement away from centrism. "Clinton reached out to the right, tried to assuage their fears by saying she wouldn't do anything radical, and they didn't believe her, then stabbed her in the back for an orange rapist. We had misgivings about her, fundamental disagreements with her policy, and she took our votes as granted but we turned out for her because we have honor and humanity and basic decency" might be a pretty decent start of a sell for a bitter centrist.

I suspect a similar narrative is going on in the heads of the former Clinton supporters who have been radicalizing.

I dunno, there are still people trying to blame it on progressives voting third party so they might not buy "we turned out for her" regardless of how true it is

SEE: that Newsweek guy (I think?) who congratulated himself for not punching a stranger in the face in an airport before writing a million words about how Bernie Bros ruined everything

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

http://www.theonion.com/article/dnc-aiming-reconnect-working-class-americans-new-h-54707

quote:

“We’re hoping to make up the ground we lost with white working-class voters and union members who once made up our base with a new 10-part hip-hop musical set in rural Wisconsin, featuring a down-on-her-luck manufacturing worker played by Lena Dunham,” said DNC interim chair Donna Brazile

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

loquacius posted:

I dunno, there are still people trying to blame it on progressives voting third party so they might not buy "we turned out for her" regardless of how true it is

SEE: that Newsweek guy (I think?) who congratulated himself for not punching a stranger in the face in an airport before writing a million words about how Bernie Bros ruined everything

I made this as a joke, but it seems some people need it for real:

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

loquacius posted:

The actual truth was hilarious enough. She was crying and blaming the FBI/Obama. She as always was a sore loser and coward

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

How lucky was Obama that no one in the Clinton camp in '08 could think of anything catchy to label his supporters as besides "thugs"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

whos that????

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

Oh Snapple! posted:

How lucky was Obama that no one in the Clinton camp in '08 could think of anything catchy to label his supporters as besides "thugs"

they did, they called them Obamaboys. So you can see how things evolved.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

See the thread title :v:

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

loquacius posted:

Yeah but if you actually did vote for her rather than voting Jill Stein it's something you can talk about, as is the fact that something like 90% of Bernie supporters ended up supporting Clinton in the end. Try to refocus them on all the Republicans who said they'd be voting for Clinton but decided to stab her in the back, if they're outraged about betrayal. Isn't that a worse betrayal by far? People who said they're the loyal opposition and thus have standards and decided to throw them all away, not dumb accelerationists who wanted a more liberal America and voted Trump or progressives who voted for Jill Stein because they disliked 90s globalism just that much.

Because something like 30% of Republicans said they'd be crossing over and if even 3% of them actually did that Clinton would have won

It shouldn't ever have come to that, I agree, but if you can get these people focused on the Actual Enemy rather than on setting up circular firing squads we're at least 50% of the way there.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
The more I read, the more I'm surprised Michelle gave Hillary the time of day.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Zythrst posted:

they did, they called them Obamaboys. So you can see how things evolved.

hahah that's actually the first time I've seen that (probably because it sounds like poo poo).

but yeah there was a lot of bullshit I recognized from back in '08 when it came to painting supporters negatively.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
:kiss:

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

MJ12 posted:

loquacius posted:

I just keep thinking about how 90% of my friends supported Bernie in the primary who later ended up platooning out to Nevada and Arizona and volunteering for the Clinton campaign. California gets poo poo on all the time but we're trying our best out here. Bernie supporters were motivated to action, period.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Karl Barks posted:

i lost the election in a bigly way

improved this

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
I think counting on Republicans to vote Democrat instead is bad strategy. I don't think it's stabbing in the back if you'd normally be stabbing them in the face to begin with.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

like as much as I hate that loving berniebro poo poo I have to give the person who first came up with it some small amount of credit for recognizing how well the word flows. It's pretty much perfectly built as negative, recognizable branding for the opposition.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Thoguh posted:

I legit want to know what that hotel suite actually was like last Tuesday. I hope somebody does a good tell all book about the campaign.

somebody go wake up the Game Change guy

iospace posted:

See the thread title :v:

I probably should have tried clicking that link :downs:

MJ12 posted:

Yeah but if you actually did vote for her rather than voting Jill Stein it's something you can talk about, as is the fact that something like 90% of Bernie supporters ended up supporting Clinton in the end. Try to refocus them on all the Republicans who said they'd be voting for Clinton but decided to stab her in the back, if they're outraged about betrayal. Isn't that a worse betrayal by far? People who said they're the loyal opposition and thus have standards and decided to throw them all away, not dumb accelerationists who wanted a more liberal America and voted Trump or progressives who voted for Jill Stein because they disliked 90s globalism just that much.

Because something like 30% of Republicans said they'd be crossing over and if even 3% of them actually did that Clinton would have won

It shouldn't ever have come to that, I agree, but if you can get these people focused on the Actual Enemy rather than on setting up circular firing squads we're at least 50% of the way there.

Honestly it's a fairly well-kept secret among my friend group that I even still considered myself a Bernie supporter in November, but if I decide it's worth it to poke my head out of the ground with any of them this would be a good strategy to use. I did in fact vote for Hillary, but I think I'll keep it to myself that my hand wavered as I checked the box and as I left I was way more enthusiastic about having gotten to vote in favor of legal weed.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

hahah that's actually the first time I've seen that (probably because it sounds like poo poo).

but yeah there was a lot of bullshit I recognized from back in '08 when it came to painting supporters negatively.

Not to mention the implication of calling supporters of a black candidate "boys"

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Oh Snapple! posted:

my high school history teacher said he supported hillary bc barack obama was the anti-christ

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Oh Snapple! posted:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lmao

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I'm gonna start ramping up past 6ers if y'all keep the bad posting up

I mean I already did but apparently I didn't give enough out

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Salon is trash-tier poo poo, no one is surprised.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Tell me where to throw my $$$ to buy that obama picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Oh Snapple! posted:

like as much as I hate that loving berniebro poo poo I have to give the person who first came up with it some small amount of credit for recognizing how well the word flows. It's pretty much perfectly built as negative, recognizable branding for the opposition.

Somewhere, David Brock perks up and pumps his fist.

• Locked thread