Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
McDonalds: Takes more leeks than the world can supply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

drrockso20 posted:

Well I got an interview at a Subway for a job tomorrow, if that works out then the odds are good I might have the occasional story for this thread

Also if this works out it will be my first paying job, so I'll admit I'm feeling a little giddy right now

My friend worked at Subway all four years of college. I'd pick her up after work and she'd smell like rear end puke from space after being around the bread all day, for some reason. Also, she told me that pickle juice would get in the holes of the gloves. That's the only bad stuff she ever told me about the food itself, although she had lots of funny stories about people eating a gallon of mayonnaise slapped on naked bread and similar disgusting fuckery.

Good luck at the interview! I hope you get it! Please send me a 12-inch veggie burger, extra olives, no onions, oil and vinegar dressing. (I have not been to Subway in five years or so.)

e: ITALIAN HERBS AND CHEESE

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

Well I got an interview at a Subway for a job tomorrow, if that works out then the odds are good I might have the occasional story for this thread

Please put me on the Wall of Tough Guys

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

Data Graham posted:

Why do mediocre middling-sized fast food burgers get all this horrified existential reaction and yet a good homemade burger, with all the same ingredients and about twice as much of everything, or even just a well put together burger from a place like in-n-out or five guys, gets treated like the yardstick of middle class gourmet quality

I always love it when the "reviewer" feels dizzy and their vision is blurred from taking a bite out of a sandwich.

It's time to see a doctor if that happens to you.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

My friend worked at Subway all four years of college. I'd pick her up after work and she'd smell like rear end puke from space after being around the bread all day, for some reason. Also, she told me that pickle juice would get in the holes of the gloves. That's the only bad stuff she ever told me about the food itself, although she had lots of funny stories about people eating a gallon of mayonnaise slapped on naked bread and similar disgusting fuckery.

Good luck at the interview! I hope you get it! Please send me a 12-inch veggie burger, extra olives, no onions, oil and vinegar dressing. (I have not been to Subway in five years or so.)

e: ITALIAN HERBS AND CHEESE

Thanks, and I agree Italian Herbs & Cheese bread is the best one

Pastry of the Year posted:

Please put me on the Wall of Tough Guys

I'll admit I don't quite get this joke

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

drrockso20 posted:

I'll admit I don't quite get this joke

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01032003

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

zandert33 posted:

I always love it when the "reviewer" feels dizzy and their vision is blurred from taking a bite out of a sandwich.

It's time to see a doctor if that happens to you.

I'm not here for Ben Stein's dry food reviews so the hyperbole is right up my alley personally.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Well didn't even get to do the interview, turns out the Subway that called me for the interview was one that's too far away for me to get to(don't have a Driver's license and it's too far to be able to get anyone to drive me there on a regular basis)

I'll admit this has me pretty depressed now

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

drrockso20 posted:

Well didn't even get to do the interview, turns out the Subway that called me for the interview was one that's too far away for me to get to(don't have a Driver's license and it's too far to be able to get anyone to drive me there on a regular basis)

I've been there and it's awful man. I'm sorry.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

drrockso20 posted:

It's okay. here, I made you some sandwiches, and you can choose which one you want:

You can have ham...

I didn't want to get too fancy, and I'm worried about your nitrate levels. :ohdear:

I also have a bacon and egg sammie, if you prefer.

The egg came from a VERY small chicken.

This is apparently pulled pork!

See the ridges on those pickles? They mean "sadness" in pickle language.

Too much pork, you say? No problem! This has no pork, although I wouldn't describe it as kosher:

Yeah, nothing kosher about that.

Oh, vegetarian? Got you covered, fam.

MUSTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD.

I hope you like my cooking, comb fap a beef!

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-cr9cLJZ3s

:barf: But why?

Owner/Chef posted:

It's kind of a surprise because you never know what it's going to do. It could just dribble out, it could shoot out.."

Aceofblue has a new favorite as of 07:47 on Nov 15, 2016

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

This is the worst thing and they should have called it the burgkake

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It's more gross than a cyst-popping video.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I definitely would eat that but I don't know why it has to "explode" that much. There's no way you could eat that and not just make a huge mess. If they used thicker cheese or just used less than in that video I would without hesitation.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I definitely would eat that but I don't know why it has to "explode" that much. There's no way you could eat that and not just make a huge mess. If they used thicker cheese or just used less than in that video I would without hesitation.

Yeah, I'm not sure why someone came up with this as a "desirable" feature.

On that note, I was never a big fan of Gushers, either. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruit_Gushers

fake edit: Holy poo poo, these still exist? God, I hated those loving commercials. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqfvlauFMAk

fake-er edit: HAHAHAHA just kidding, my mom says I'm not allowed to eat fruit snacks. :smith:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Gushers were amazing, you take that back.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Gushers are really weird among candies aggressively marked to children because they actually contain real fruit and they don't have any HFCS.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

This is apparently pulled pork!

See the ridges on those pickles? They mean "sadness" in pickle language.
Those pickles look like they have at least seen the inside of a jar which makes this several times better than a McRib.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

drrockso20 posted:

That's really rough, sorry :smith:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Gushers are really weird among candies aggressively marked to children because they actually contain real fruit and they don't have any HFCS.
Whoa really? Totally gonna go out and buy some gushers tonight now.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Yawgmoth posted:

Melt them down in some kind of mulled winter drink so you can post it here in this thread.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Permanently banned from the Alamo

Just found this on Imgur, and frankly I'm horrified

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

UWBW posted:

Just found this on Imgur, and frankly I'm horrified
Is that a hot dog with spaghetti-os, froot loops, and... some kind of noodle?

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

Yawgmoth posted:

Is that a hot dog with spaghetti-os, froot loops, and... some kind of noodle?

Perhaps it's a small pasta.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Yawgmoth posted:

I'm not sure sugar + fructose + corn syrup is that much of an improvement over HFCS, and the only juice that it has more than 2% of is grape.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

ulmont posted:

I'm not sure sugar + fructose + corn syrup is that much of an improvement over HFCS, and the only juice that it has more than 2% of is grape.

Make the gushers infused vodka

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

ulmont posted:

The first ingredient being pears from concentrate is a bigger win than any juice inclusion but its probably in an amount that doesn't really move the fiber content from candy level to even approaching fruit level. If you're going maximum health nut you should probably never eat anything sweeter than fruit but there's plenty of gummy snacks that are just sugar and binder.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

zedprime posted:

The first ingredient being pears from concentrate is a bigger win than any juice inclusion but its probably in an amount that doesn't really move the fiber content from candy level to even approaching fruit level. If you're going maximum health nut you should probably never eat anything sweeter than fruit but there's plenty of gummy snacks that are just sugar and binder.

Consider that HFCS could also be alled "Corn Juice Concentrate."

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

CommonShore posted:

Consider that HFCS could also be alled "Corn Juice Concentrate."

More like, consider that it is all fructose and glucose, and your body processes it exactly the same whether it is corn syrup, pear juice, or cane sugar. The only people that give a poo poo about HFCS are the ones that don't understand chemistry.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Dienes posted:

More like, consider that it is all fructose and glucose, and your body processes it exactly the same whether it is corn syrup, pear juice, or cane sugar. The only people that give a poo poo about HFCS are the ones that don't understand chemistry.

:yeah:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Don't eat junk food

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

PCOS Bill posted:

Don't eat.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I also have a bacon and egg sammie, if you prefer.

The egg came from a VERY small chicken.

comb fap a beef!

a) :3: Quail egg sandwich.

b) New thread title?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Irrecystable.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

cash crab posted:

a) :3: Quail egg sandwich.

b) New thread title?

I vote "yes," but I'm biased. :downs:

:3: :3:

:stare:
thank goodness that is a fake mr skeltal
e: At least, the ribcage is fake.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

zedprime posted:

The first ingredient being pears

And the next four ingredients are all sugar.

Still, that's gotta be at least 20% fruit, so, y'know, well done there! Suddenly missing Gushers down here in New Zealand.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Dienes posted:

The only people that give a poo poo about HFCS are the ones that don't understand chemistry.

And the ones who hate how it tastes

edit: and the ones who oppose excessive corn subsidies and aren't fond of the corn lobby

GOTTA STAY FAI has a new favorite as of 14:21 on Nov 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Brown beet sugar best sugar.

Pictured; proper Belgian brown sugar pie AKA best pie