Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

yeah but who is responsible for LeBron's ugly rear end shoes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah gently caress that dude.

Posse is very much what Phil meant to say not just parroting Riley....

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Who was the guy who was wearing such a sick throwback that he and LeBron became friends and business associates forever?

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

straight up brolic posted:

Who was the guy who was wearing such a sick throwback that he and LeBron became friends and business associates forever?

Rich Paul

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

quote:

MEM’s Vince Carter joined an exclusive club on Mon. night, becoming just the 3rd player in last 40 yrs age 39 or older to score at least 20 pts w/ 5 rebs off the bench (Ewing in 2001 and MJ twice in 2002).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7_I6bqYx-M

Vince is cool.

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Cabbages smell funny too.

Shear Modulus posted:

Does Jake Layman have a nickname because I think it should be "The Professional."

No women. No kids.

Everyone in my I.T. department that I worked for were often referred to as "the tech posse". I was unaware I should be offended.

Would it be more or less offensive if PJ used the word "flock" instead?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Man white people should probably stop arguing about what is, err, problematic.

"No but you see redskins doesn't offend me, I don't see the problem."

*white dude gazes upon the hosed up visage of chief wahoo*

"they're honoring him"

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

This is loving good

Smellyhead posted:

No women. No kids.

Everyone in my I.T. department that I worked for were often referred to as "the tech posse". I was unaware I should be offended.

This is not so good

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Man white people should probably stop arguing about what is, err, problematic.

"No but you see redskins doesn't offend me, I don't see the problem."

*white dude gazes upon the hosed up visage of chief wahoo*

"they're honoring him"

Like always it's GTBW.

Large swaths of White people treat themselves being called racist or racially problematic as a worse offense than we do being called literal slurs.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Smellyhead posted:

No women. No kids.

You know drat well the context and implications are way different. That argument is essentially the same as white people who say "well blacks say the N word why can't I."

Context and history matter.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Want to empty quote a lot of what's being said.

Also

Portland Trail Blazers posted:

Tomorrow we host our first-ever Pride Night and honor Oregon's Olympians and Paralympians!

Good, but why combine these?

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Cabbages smell funny too.

Watching old man Vince is so much fun. I secretly hope that he gets to have a Kobe style farewell tour. I would love watching him play on a lovely team putting up 40 shots a night in his last season.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Trade Vince Carter to the Raptors so he can finally get that ring when DeMar DeBryant wins MVP and leads the team to it's first championship with Chris Bosh as an Assistant Coach :canada:

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!

Lockback posted:

Cherry Berry also sells froyo

https://streamable.com/tn10

This is so good. Thanks for pointing out where the song was from Zogo!

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dexo posted:

gently caress you.

They are literally the ones successfully running a business, foundation etc etc

Rich Paul has other clients.

Maverick Carter negotiated with Nike a loving "billion" dollar lifetime deal. Handles all of his marketing. As well as running a foundation that does a ton of good poo poo in communities.

Don't loving minimize what those dudes are doing.

Yes they are friends of LeBron. But you wouldn't call *insert white dude here* hanger on's if they did what they those dudes do for Lebron they would be his business partners or management team.

Dexo posted:

Yes without LeBron they wouldn't have had the opportunity to do what they are doing. But they still had to put in the work and do the schooling needed to get to the positions they are in.

LeBron gave them the opportunity to put in work and get paid for it and they made their own careers out of it. It's not like they are just crashing at LeBron's crib and not significantly paying back the investment James made in them.

And it's offensive as poo poo to minimize that.

lol what are you in lebron's posse

that's a lot of heat

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

EvanTH posted:

Stop posting

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm shocked someone that spouts biotruths also does not know what racism is

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

EvanTH posted:

that's a lot of heat

Because I have been someone who at school has been told you are only in the "gifted"/academy program because of quota's. implying thatI didn't score well on the tests needed for admittance.

I have been told I only have my job due to affirmative action. I have been talked down to in my job as if I didn't belong. I constantly had people tell me when I worked in computer repair places of there was someone "better" or with more qualifications. With them not knowing ish about me when I was literally the most qualified and highly certified person on staff.

So yeah the careless dismissal a black dude who has put in the time and effort to learn a craft that is his loving career and who has done a drat good job of it loving strikes a nerve.

So once again go gently caress yourself.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

In short, kill whitey

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

If you are mad at Phil Jackson just look at Joakim Noah's latest contract and it will cheer you right up

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.
Nuggets just waived Jarnell Stokes. Gary Harris is out for possibly a month. Barton is out for like 2 or 3 more weeks. Who do they pick up at this point? The guard situation is a loving nightmare, they need someone who wont turn the loving ball over every 3rd possession.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
you need to RESPECT the character of SPENCER STRASMORE portrayed by DWAYNE JOHNSON on TV's BALLERS and the ENTOURAGE from TV's ENTOURAGE because they EARN lots of MONEY

Dexo posted:

Because I have been someone who at school has been told you are only in the "gifted"/academy program because of quota's. implying thatI didn't score well on the tests needed for admittance.

I have been told I only have my job due to affirmative action. I have been talked down to in my job as if I didn't belong. I constantly had people tell me when I worked in computer repair places of there was someone "better" or with more qualifications. With them not knowing ish about me when I was literally the most qualified and highly certified person on staff.

So yeah the careless dismissal a black dude who has put in the time and effort to learn a craft that is his loving career and who has done a drat good job of it loving strikes a nerve.

So once again go gently caress yourself.

I'm sorry someone was mean to you I guess this proves Phil Jackson is basically a member of the KKK

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Man you're really loving dumb

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Halfling Wizard Bear posted:

Nuggets just waived Jarnell Stokes. Gary Harris is out for possibly a month. Barton is out for like 2 or 3 more weeks. Who do they pick up at this point? The guard situation is a loving nightmare, they need someone who wont turn the loving ball over every 3rd possession.

It's a shame, everything's a shambles on that team. Nurkic started out hot and killed Jokic's confidence to the point where he asked to be benched and now Nurkic is cooling off, everyone's hurt, and even the coach hates Mudiay. It's gonna be a rough one

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Man you're really loving dumb

Well that's not very constructive input

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Did I loving say Phil was racist?

I've only said I get why Maverick and LeBron would be pissed about Phil just carelessly dismissing his business team.

So Thrice now. Go gently caress thyself.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Why should someone be constructive to a disingenuous rear end in a top hat.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Dexo posted:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Guys keep it together shaming racists for racism is counterproductive tribalism

Sorry here's a basketball doing something
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQvue1QrROo
it goes through the hoop

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
hey CBM what's the timeline on horford/crowder. i'm thinking of going to the celtics - rockets game on dec 5th.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dexo posted:

Maybe you'd like me once we got past the lack of shared premises? Maybe some ideal of Christian Kindness, or if you're not religious perhaps a general sense of having to hold oneself to a higher standard than the rest of the mob? I don't know man we all have to find our own reasons for charity in this tough and cynical world.

Dexo posted:

So Thrice now. Go gently caress thyself.

watch out that's how you summon it from the mirror space

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just go to see Rootbeer Barrell. He's pretty awesome rn.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Phil is a paternalistic old gently caress. Everything he says ranges from nonsense to condescending.If the Knicks weren't so stupid he'd be at his ranch yelling at clouds for moving too fast.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Guys keep it together shaming racists for racism is counterproductive tribalism

Uhh have you been under a rock. If this year has taught me anything it's never ever stop shaming people and never let offensive poo poo get normalized.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

chunkles posted:

hey CBM what's the timeline on horford/crowder. i'm thinking of going to the celtics - rockets game on dec 5th.

Horford's probably gonna play tomorrow and Crowder should be back in a week or so. You should be all set

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Phil is racist actually, sorry.

https://twitter.com/dweinman22/status/798654720290082816

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Dexo I'm sorry you've had that happen :smith:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The dress code was not a good point for the NBA

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Maverick Carter got Lebron the cameo in Trainwreck so he's alright by me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

EvanTH posted:

Maybe you'd like me once we got past the lack of shared premises? Maybe some ideal of Christian Kindness, or if you're not religious perhaps a general sense of having to hold oneself to a higher standard than the rest of the mob? I don't know man we all have to find our own reasons for charity in this tough and cynical world.

Hahaha gently caress yourself x4

The first thing a black person who gets wronged is asked to do is forgive and forget. To bite their tounge. Or get an appeal to their religion and Godliness. We always are forced to be above the fray and be the bigger man. While people continue to say and do offensive poo poo to us. I'm frankly tired of it.

• Locked thread