Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

FishBulb posted:

Who cares if you lose

America. We're ready to win bigly. So much winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Iike I get if you're playing TRIALS or sweating with your bros but if you're just playing whatever I don't see why people get all bent out of shape. Oh no my team lost. I still get a 400 gun and some rep. Poor me.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Perhaps people like to win competitive modes.

(just a theory)

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
With SBMM like it is, a lot of games when I solo drop come within 1000 points so getting pooped on personally is the difference between winning and losing.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Mikey-San posted:

imagine being Alteisen and needing 360

:five:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I never got a clever dragon with HCR at all. I ended up getting way more LMGs...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

actionjackson posted:

I never got a clever dragon with HCR at all. I ended up getting way more LMGs...

I have this exact roll and it owns.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Finally I have a goddamn Dark Drinker

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

haveblue posted:

Sick :hf:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

haveblue posted:

Now just pray Bungie doesn't nerf the gently caress out of it in order to stop trivialising Aksis.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Eh I don't think it trivializes it. Might be slightly longer if we all had to use machine guns or whatever but the core mechanics wouldn't change.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

haveblue posted:

congrats bro

get working on that bolt caster now

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

FishBulb posted:

Eh I don't think it trivializes it. Might be slightly longer if we all had to use machine guns or whatever but the core mechanics wouldn't change.

Maybe "trivialise" is a strong word, but you can't deny that it has become the dominant strategy for taking out Aksis.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

With weapons and a tether or melting point, each sword spin hit does close to 9k damage eight times, given about 70K for each spin. You can get off 10-15 spins in his last phase.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

TaurusOxford posted:

Maybe "trivialise" is a strong word, but you can't deny that it has become the dominant strategy for taking out Aksis.

Nah, it trivializes it. Takes a what should be a 5 DPS phase boss to 2.1 phases.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I'd expect a "fix" dark drinker instead of the problem with Aksis/Fallen walkers.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I have a question: I just got RoI last week, and I want to know what light level I would be okay running the raid at. Currently 357.

In other news, trying to grind the record book was kind of okay, until I hosed up and lost my SIVA offering. That was pretty frustrating.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

bman in 2288 posted:

I have a question: I just got RoI last week, and I want to know what light level I would be okay running the raid at. Currently 357.

In other news, trying to grind the record book was kind of okay, until I hosed up and lost my SIVA offering. That was pretty frustrating.

Aim for at least 380 for normal and 390 for hard.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
you can get more SIVA offerings from quarantine patrols (patrol beacons in the plague lands with a SIVA icon above them), if you don't have any in your inventory it'll drop from one of the adds. They drop randomly from SIVA enemies too but that droprate is super low

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Rick_Hunter posted:

Aim for at least 380 for normal and 390 for hard.

Haha why

You can run normal at 365 easy like heck of easy and then you'll get like 10+ legendaries and the raid stuff that will help you get higher.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
You can also do Hard mode staring at 380 but you might have trouble finding a group if you don't have a lot of destiny bros. 390 is a softcap for LFGing it.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I usually use the other subforum to find a group to run with.

So aim for 365, at the least. Good to know.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I'm trying to get better at using sniper rifles, but what is the preferred perks / type for current rifles?

I've been using this and as long as I get headshots its fine, but it doesn't seem to "snap" to players like other weapons (esp. my pdx41).

Edit: I had an Event Horizon drop but the perks were real bad.

SPACE HOMOS fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 16, 2016

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Just use Devil's Dawn until you get a TRIALS one

:smith:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

SPACE HOMOS posted:

I'm trying to get better at using sniper rifles, but what is the preferred perks / type for current rifles?

I've been using this and as long as I get headshots its fine, but it doesn't seem to "snap" to players like other weapons (esp. my pdx41).

Edit: I had an Event Horizon drop but the perks were real bad.

Its got the highest aa in the game Im pretty sure. If it aint snappin nothing will.

Got 0 clever dragons in like 6 hours play this ib and fell short of rank 5 by a few hundred reps.

:suicide:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
How did you not get to rank 5 in 6 hours?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

bman in 2288 posted:

I usually use the other subforum to find a group to run with.

So aim for 365, at the least. Good to know.

Just FYI, getting to 385 is relatively easy if you just do heroic strikes. While 365 is doable for NM raid, if you don't up to 370 by the time you fight the last boss you will be hit with a underlevel nerf.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Its got the highest aa in the game Im pretty sure. If it aint snappin nothing will.

Got 0 clever dragons in like 6 hours play this ib and fell short of rank 5 by a few hundred reps.

:suicide:

I thought AA was tied to range? Maybe I am just bad. I know I am bad cause I love the thesan still.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

FishBulb posted:

Just use Devil's Dawn until you get a TRIALS one

:smith:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

SPACE HOMOS posted:

I thought AA was tied to range? Maybe I am just bad. I know I am bad cause I love the thesan still.

If loving Thesan is wrong I don't want to be right. When it comes to range, AFAIK snipers have no damage falloff but Range determines how far out AA works, IIRC. First Light/Bastion/extremely long sight lines are where you'll really feel this, but most of the time you won't.

Edit-I forgot it wasn't clear, Aim Assist is its own stat that isn't displayed in game.

The Meat Dimension fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Nov 16, 2016

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Did they turn SBMM up to 11.5 or did everyone just stop playing after banner?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

You get 2 guesses

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

I am scrub and pretty much only play during IB, if Shaxx has a weekly control bounty I will do that. Also I play for the daily for 15 marks if I really need them, which is never.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I suspect two things happen immediately after IB:

- people who don't normally play a lot of pvp go back to not playing a lot of pvp
- some people get a little burned out after a week of IB and take a break for a few days

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mikey-San posted:

imagine being Alteisen and needing 360

Imagine being Mikey-San and assuming I would be stupid enough to get ToM when Kings Fall was so terrible. Unlike you morons I play other poo poo instead of endlessly circlejerking with the same losers and repeating the same complaints for 3 loving years in a row.

And being honest, glad I didn't pay for RoI, the raid is great but its not worth 30 dollars, 5 weak missions then CONGRATS YOU'RE AN IRON LORD NOW, Gjallarhorn is back? Who gives a poo poo when the Sleeper exists, Thorn is back? Who cares its complete garbage. Khostov was a good idea but a terrible gun in the end, not sure on Outbreak Prime, I have the quest but don't really care to do it since I'm bored with the game, just logging in for IB.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

nice meltdown

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I came here looking to see if anyone else had said anything. Every single game after reset has been a sweaty, laggy pile of poo poo, with only a few comprised of complete teams. Most 6s have had 8-10 players. It's obscene.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Alteisen posted:

Imagine being Mikey-San and assuming I would be stupid enough to get ToM when Kings Fall was so terrible. Unlike you morons I play other poo poo instead of endlessly circlejerking with the same losers and repeating the same complaints for 3 loving years in a row.

And being honest, glad I didn't pay for RoI, the raid is great but its not worth 30 dollars, 5 weak missions then CONGRATS YOU'RE AN IRON LORD NOW, Gjallarhorn is back? Who gives a poo poo when the Sleeper exists, Thorn is back? Who cares its complete garbage. Khostov was a good idea but a terrible gun in the end, not sure on Outbreak Prime, I have the quest but don't really care to do it since I'm bored with the game, just logging in for IB.

these are all valid points but bruh you bought the game four times

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Clever Dragon can't stop the waves of skip grenade flinging matador wielding knee pad sliding hunters. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
matches today were almost entirely double skips and axion bolts endlessly chasing everyone all over the map, im not sure the pvp game is in a good place right now or if the upcoming weapon tuning patch can/will address it

• Locked thread