Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

https://clips.twitch.tv/ibuypower/DelightfulSharkSoonerLater

WOOOOO

e: bonus WOOOOOO and sweaty huddle https://clips.twitch.tv/ibuypower/InnocentSquirrelSuperVinlin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

drunken officeparty posted:

I added Lord Humungous and Soulex so we can all be bad at video games together.

I'm this guy

http://steamcommunity.com/id/HurfDurf/

Anyone else who wants to be bad can add me too. Technically I'm silver 4, but really I'm just a temporarily embarrassed global elite.

Adding John Steinbeck to friends list.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

sterster posted:

Lol like this means something.

eat my drat balls ster

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Famethrowa posted:

eat my drat balls ster

That's rude, mr. admin sir

stump collector
May 28, 2007
optic wins Northern arena, immortals wins ibp masters. This is good for NACS

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Hugh Mungus

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I finally replaced my lovely old 1680x1050 screen with a 1080p one (60hz), and holy poo poo what a change. The colors are more vivid, it's easier to spot people, the extra FOV is so nice to have and so on. Never thought it'd make such a big difference in-game.

Wish I could justify getting a 144hz one but that just seems excessive for anything but CS.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
But, CS is life.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

144hz has vastly improved my scrolling experience while reading this thread.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

RIP mongolian NA dream

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

mcvey posted:

RIP mongolian NA dream

Apparently he just couldn't speak English well enough :(

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I have to imagine he'll get shifted to another team where he'll be a better fit.

Honestly unless Splyce wanted to spend 6+ months doing nothing but teaching him English this was always going to be the result. Assuming he had virtually no capability to speak it before the acquisition that is.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
rip echo fox, you deserve better than this sgares bby

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Bohemian Nights posted:

rip echo fox, you deserve better than this sgares bby

is it official that EFox is disbanding?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Photex posted:

is it official that EFox is disbanding?

Not official yet, but according to sources (steel lol) it's a done deal

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bohemian Nights posted:

Not official yet, but according to sources (steel lol) it's a done deal
You can bet CLG is going to pilfer at least one of their players.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

m0e was just streaming, said steel is wrong and doesn't know what he's talking about. :shrug:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Obviously it could just be bullshit from steel but I seem to keep hearing that echofox is a team that's held together by contract alone so I'm inclined to think that something is up behind the scenes of that team

Also if there's one person that says more bullshit than steel it's moe, so...

stump collector
May 28, 2007
steel hosed with moe's job/investment because he got angry in a pug

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Well they get paid a salary to play computer games so that's probably a thing holding the team together. And I guess Rick Fox is cool with them failing constantly so long as the ad money rolls in. Unless he sacks them all and has a twitter meltdown about how they took his money and did nothing but turn up.

I don't really see a world where anyone from echo fox moves up in the world. They've all looked like poo poo and some of them seem to come with major baggage/risks like will they sleep in and not make the event, lose their cool and make sponsors uncomfortable and become a figure of ridicule and is ginger

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
None of that is on my boy roca is it

stump collector
May 28, 2007
he's a ginger and the way he screams when he does something good reminds me of a weird cartoon character

:ironicat:

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

When i pug I don't care if the people I'm with are children, racists or russians. The only question I ask is anybody ginger. If someone says yes I say nothing and leave. The game is already lost. I put the majority of echofox's failures on Rocas's red furred shoulders

stump collector
May 28, 2007
bunnyhopping sideways into b main and one shotting that guy was a clear example of roca's ginger witchcraft

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Luna Was Here posted:

None of that is on my boy roca is it
O-ver-rat-ed *clap clap clapclapclap* Re-ddit-kar-ma *clap clap clapclapclap*

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
poor tyloo can't catch a break, goddamn

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

symbolic posted:

O-ver-rat-ed *clap clap clapclapclap* Re-ddit-kar-ma *clap clap clapclapclap*

i can't hear you im bhopping to loudly

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Bohemian Nights posted:

Obviously it could just be bullshit from steel but I seem to keep hearing that echofox is a team that's held together by contract alone so I'm inclined to think that something is up behind the scenes of that team

Also if there's one person that says more bullshit than steel it's moe, so...

Looks like steel was right.

https://twitter.com/echofoxgg/status/798986653725405184/photo/1

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Apparently Shahzaam, roca, and ryx have already jumped ship. There's also rumors of an NA shuffle incoming.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

So is that the orgs way of saying please make me any offer and I will sell or these guys are sacked effective immediately?

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Muffin Lightning gonna get invited to Eleague Major Qualies PogChamp

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Goofballs posted:

So is that the orgs way of saying please make me any offer and I will sell or these guys are sacked effective immediately?

I think its more of a "They are still under contract but things have gotten so bad we are allowing them to leave."

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Guardian with the mental mistake probably just eliminated them from IEM Oakland, that's nuts.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Heroic owning SK lmao.

Twitch Chat: New anti-cheat, new SK

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

What's the average overall competitive rank? Not the "hurr durr I'm so good ur poo poo if ur under me" internet forum rank, but like where actually most players are.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
I like watching pros but never know when stuff is on. Is there anywhere that has aggregated event schedules?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hoshi posted:

I like watching pros but never know when stuff is on. Is there anywhere that has aggregated event schedules?
HLTV

Liquipedia is also good for seeing what tournaments are coming up and who's in them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

drunken officeparty posted:

What's the average overall competitive rank? Not the "hurr durr I'm so good ur poo poo if ur under me" internet forum rank, but like where actually most players are.

According to CSGOSquad.com the majority of players fall in between Silver 4 and Master Guardian 2, which I'd say is about right.