Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
They could have traded someone to DC for Mogo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I would love that. DC and Marvel not doing a crossover, just trading two iconic characters for a period of one or two years.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Electromax posted:

He could've just made a new Original Character for the movie :can:

Prego, the Other Living Planet

Peter, I will answer all of your questions. But first I need you to take out my rival, Ragu the Undead Singularity.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Jamesman posted:

I wonder who has dibs on Gwenpool. Sony, Fox, Marvel, or all three?

Probably Marvel because she was created only recently, and outside of the name, has nothing at all to do with Deadpool or Gwen Stacy.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"I'll just duck behind the far side of this star and don my domino mask to transform from mild-mannered Ego into... Superego! Oh, but... is vigilantism really the right way to go about things? Maybe I shouldn't."

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

greatn posted:

I would love that. DC and Marvel not doing a crossover, just trading two iconic characters for a period of one or two years.

They were going to do this after one team up, but Marvel was lowballing and DC didn't wanna trade Nightwing for Moon Knight.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

At some Q&A this weekend, the Deadpool writers apparently said they needed Marvel's permission to change Negasonic's power set, and that Fox gave Marvel Ego the Living Planet back in exchange.

Goddamn I want a book wrapping up these kinds of exchanges once this era of superhero making is done.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Marvel agrees to Fox's request to remove Namor's stupid little ankle wings, but rejects the secondary request to put him in pants.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Marvel agrees to Fox's request to remove Namor's stupid little ankle wings, but rejects the secondary request to put him in pants.

Look at sub-article VII under undergarments, briefs, and unitards for the relevant case statute

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Aphrodite posted:

Then they cast Randy Orton as Namor and it all works out.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Cabbit posted:

I just looked up who this dude was and now I'm surprised because I thought casting wrestling dudes in comic book movies had ended like last decade ago.

Well except for that one guy in GOTG.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Shageletic posted:

I just looked up who this dude was and now I'm surprised because I thought casting wrestling dudes in comic book movies had ended like last decade ago.

Well except for that one guy in GOTG.

They didn't actually cast him, it's a wrestling joke. Orton is always in his trunks on camera, never in pants, even when other wrestlers are fully dressed.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Cabbit posted:

They didn't actually cast him, it's a wrestling joke. Orton is always in his trunks on camera, never in pants, even when other wrestlers are fully dressed.

Oh I meant fancasting. Circa 2000 it was everywhere.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

It goes way back into the pre-Internet days, in the mid 90s Wizard Magazine would fan cast a different comic movie every issue. Lots of wrestlers there. Might be the origin of Danzig as Wolverine, too.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

purple death ray posted:

It goes way back into the pre-Internet days, in the mid 90s Wizard Magazine would fan cast a different comic movie every issue. Lots of wrestlers there. Might be the origin of Danzig as Wolverine, too.

People talked about it before Wizard cause short hairy mean guy, but Wizard put it in there as a popular choice. I was one of those that was spergy that they cast a 6' dude for Wolverine. Yes, I was dumb.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Cabbit posted:

They'd implement that in the comics by making Namor RKO people out of nowhere, but honestly it'd feel pretty organic.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Diamond Dallas Page did it better

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

They'd implement that in the comics by making Namor RKO people out of nowhere, but honestly it'd feel pretty organic.

Namor being a dick is pretty much canon.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Who actually owns the movie rights to Namor, anyway? I saw an infographic months back and it said he belonged to some company other than Marvel, Sony, and Fox.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Universal.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The other company was Universal, but there's been some confusing statements since.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I thought I heard they got Namor back?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I think it's like the Hulk, where they could make a movie, but Universal gets the distribution rights, or a cut or something.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Retardog posted:

My hope is that these rumors of Fox rebooting X-Men are tied to Inhumans being shunted off to the TV realm... probably just a coincidence though

Jeph Loeb was at the Fox TV panel at NYCC and said he was there to build bridges. Lots of rumors have been flying since then.

howe_sam posted:

I think it's like the Hulk, where they could make a movie, but Universal gets the distribution rights, or a cut or something.

Last I read it's exactly like the Hulk deal.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If Loeb got X-men back at Marvel I might for give him for about...60% of the poo poo he did in Ultimate Comics. Pietro and Wanda loving and Wasp being eaten are unforgivable.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

If Loeb got X-men back at Marvel I might for give him for about...60% of the poo poo he did in Ultimate Comics. Pietro and Wanda loving and Wasp being eaten are unforgivable.

Let's face it, the X-Men films will never make the kind of money the MCU films are raking in. If they want to have any hope of keeping the property valuable they need to fold into the MCU the way Sony did with Spider-man. And yeah, if Loeb can make that happen I would take back a lot of the poo poo I've said about him over the last decade.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

You have no idea how much petty pleasure i'd get from Inhumans getting shoved down to TV solely because an X-Men deal was made.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

You have no idea how much petty pleasure i'd get from Inhumans getting shoved down to TV solely because an X-Men deal was made.

Well there's been lots of X-Men stuff happening since summer ended. We're getting a lot of new toys, a full comic relaunch, a TV show that supposedly Marvel had a ton of input on. It'd be pretty awesome if the Inhumans house of cards collapsed based on the rumor that the X-Men were coming home.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

My pleasure won't peak until their gone from the spotlight entirely. This whole faux mutant business has been annoying as gently caress from start to finish. Retcon Ms. Marvel as having been a mutant all along, throw the rest on a rocket ship to another planet, and we're good.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Well there's been lots of X-Men stuff happening since summer ended. We're getting a lot of new toys, a full comic relaunch, a TV show that supposedly Marvel had a ton of input on. It'd be pretty awesome if the Inhumans house of cards collapsed based on the rumor that the X-Men were coming home.

I knew of the comic relaunch, but didn't know they were even getting new toys and stuff. Honestly, the whole "fading out the x-men" was too tinfoil-y but dropping mutants from group t-shirts and stuff was noticeable, so i'll be happy if they're back in group merch.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I knew of the comic relaunch, but didn't know they were even getting new toys and stuff. Honestly, the whole "fading out the x-men" was too tinfoil-y but dropping mutants from group t-shirts and stuff was noticeable, so i'll be happy if they're back in group merch.

I haven't seen anything with them back in the group merch yet, but there's a ton of POP VINYLs coming out and more waves of Marvel Legends. I think I saw something about more ARTFX statues in 2017 as well.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Every time the inhumans get brought up for literally any reason the level of petty vindictiveness against them is really gross. I don't really especially like the x-men but I have nothing against people who do (besides adult Scott likers.) and wish their ccomics/movies were good because hey, not everything is for me and thats, you know, fine. Also it doesn't affect me negatively if people like something I don't. But its like every time the inhumans come up for any reason two or three people who have clearly never actually read about the inhumans and certainly none of the Soule stuff, which has all been loving fantastic (uncanny 10 is probably the single best issue of comics I read this year) has to pipe in with how the inhumans suck (they don't) and how they are x-men knockoffs (they arent) and how it would give them infinite pleasure to see inhumans comics canceled forever as opposed to just not thinking about or reading them, like I do with 90% or more of the x-books.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Man gently caress the inhumans I am glad they are dead.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
They ARE mutant rip offs, though-since the bomb went off, in turn wiping out the cool and interesting bits about them so Marvel could have their X-Men movies.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Conceptually I prefer mutants to Inhumans, given the icky caste system of the latter. But who knows, Marvel might make something good out of them. Having the X-Men back would be a boon, though, since Fox has mostly screwed up on handling them.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Petty Vindictiveness sums up BSS pretty well.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
That's Batman's shameful secret. We're always angry.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I feel Inhumans generally have always been and will always be more interesting than almost all mutants. There are a few exceptions but for the most part I'd pick the Inhumans almost every time.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Every time the inhumans get brought up for literally any reason the level of petty vindictiveness against them is really gross. I don't really especially like the x-men but I have nothing against people who do (besides adult Scott likers.)

The evolution of Scott Summers over the last 15 years or so has been one of the highlights of the line! That slow burn from idealism to fanaticism has been immensely satisfying and incredibly well-executed by multiple writers and I am prepared to die on this hill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Inhumans on TV means we won't be seeing Medusa's power, I suppose. Hair effects like that are hard enough for movies so on a TV show they'd look like garbage.

But hey, Black Bolt has the perfect power for a TV show. He never gets to use it!

• Locked thread