Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

oddium posted:

yeah, mach refers to machamp's 500 punches per second

They are also strong rude bois, are real and, my friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

oddium posted:

yeah, mach refers to machamp's 500 punches per second

I guess this counts haha. I'm just surprised Macho was missed. It's so in your face.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Classtoise posted:

Also if I ever get a lady Primarina I am naming her HatsuneMizu and no one can stop me.

But that is after my cool and good friend Decidueye

Her name was Lola, she was a showpoke
With white pearls throughout her hair and her fins grown down to there
She would merengue and do the cha-cha

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
I know theres no Gyms this time around (fine with this) but there's still an Elite Four and Champion you face, right?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

PSWII60 posted:

Her name was Lola, she was a showpoke
With white pearls throughout her hair and her fins grown down to there
She would merengue and do the cha-cha

But that was twenty years ago
When they used to have a show
Now it's a promo
But not for Lola
In the ball she used to wear, faded bubbles in her hair
She sits there so refined
Poffins herself half blind
She lost her love and she lost her trainer
and she's lost her mind

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Everybody dance

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

LemonLimeTime posted:

I know theres no Gyms this time around (fine with this) but there's still an Elite Four and Champion you face, right?

There's an Elite Four, but you're the Champion and/because I think founder of the League? so you fight challengers instead.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
Just a reminder if your team does not include Mimikyu you are playing the game wrong I'm sorry I don't make the rules.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

This took way to goddamn long to put together. Will probably swap one of these out for Muscle Mosquito post-game.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

You know, I haven't seen it asked yet: when you go to your PC, is "organize boxes" still the top option like it was in ORAS? It's such a minor thing but it's so good

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i don't have the website but

tsareena
ice ninetales
vikavolt
wishiwashi
passimian
the cute little bee fairy

team is final, and chef kiss

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Team Dangerous Ladies is a go.

Though I know Mimikyu is pretty late, like everyone else I wanna know how late my friends will meet me. I read that there is a Bounsweet trade on island 2, but I like to catch my friends myself.

hopeandjoy fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Nov 16, 2016

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Zore posted:

With the change to burn mechanics in gen VII Burn orb is now by far the best thing for Guts dudes but otherwise yeah.

what are the changes to burn mechanics?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So, what's up with the gray squares in the map? there's like seven and most seem to be in the third island. If it's explained in-game then please don't tell me much.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

TFRazorsaw posted:

Does 1/16 HP per turn now.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Okay, I know Charjabug and Crabrawler evolve pretty late, but how late am I gonna encounter the rest of these guys?

oddium posted:

i don't have the website but

tsareena
ice ninetales
vikavolt
wishiwashi
passimian
the cute little bee fairy

team is final, and chef kiss

https://richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/

There you go.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Burn damage got lowered from 1/8 to 1/16 per turn.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

El Burbo posted:

You know, I haven't seen it asked yet: when you go to your PC, is "organize boxes" still the top option like it was in ORAS? It's such a minor thing but it's so good

There's no longer the option. When you use a PC, it goes straight to the pokemon storage system with an "organize boxes" type functionality. I think that's a good change.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Pakled posted:

There's no longer the option. When you use a PC, it goes straight to the pokemon storage system with an "organize boxes" type functionality. I think that's a good change.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

The move relearner got moved to very late in the game. She's in the Pokemon Center at the Pokemon League. But now she teaches your Pokemon any move in their level up pool, no matter what level they're at.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Nov 16, 2016

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Pakled posted:

Holy poo poo

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Pakled posted:

Can we keep this director for every Pokemon game for the rest of time

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face

TaurusOxford posted:

Can I reserve one of those eggs?

I have to stick to my guns and go with Oliver Queen as my starter.

I believe you mean Oliver Preen.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

The move relearner got moved to very late in the game. She's in the Pokemon Center at the Pokemon League. But now she teaches your Pokemon any move in their level up pool, no matter what level they're at.

What do they take as payment and how rare is it?

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
I forgot Togedemaru or whatever existed until seeing it just now on one of the teams. Maybe Mimikyu is just that thing.

Dr. Fetus posted:

The move relearner got moved to the post-game. But now he teaches your Pokemon any move in their level up pool, no matter what level they're at.

Hahaha, that's amazing. I really don't see myself using hyper training over breeding unless destiny knot is hard to obtain or I actually need a specific hidden power in a situation where I also care about maxing more IVs than normal.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

What do they take as payment and how rare is it?

Heart Scales. They are buy-able at restaurants at around 500 P a piece.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

where does fire Oricorio show up? I love the prospect of a salsa/bachata dancing bird that kicks rear end

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Carlosologist posted:

where does fire Oricorio show up? I love the prospect of a salsa/bachata dancing bird that kicks rear end

third island

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I love Mimikyu but I will probably not use it much because I just don't use single stage Pokemon much during the main game. I like my buddies to evolve. :( But I will use one for a time.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

I am aware that like half of this team is extreme lategame and possibly not all available in the version of the game I am buying BUT I had to post it because:

I went back to page 375 and counted up all the visual teams people have posted, and here are the starter results, including me:

Incineroar 8
Decidueye 8
Primarina 8
Incredible meanies who ditch their starter 3

(Two people had two starters on their team, I counted both)

After the initial opinions forming and Rowlet having a clear lead and Popplio in a distant third, it's looking like the race is tightening up. I have nothing but confidence that when the dust settle, my main girl Primarina will be at the top of the heap

e: gently caress I forgot Mimikyu, I knew something was missing. Image corrected

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Nov 16, 2016

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

They are buy-able at restaurants at around 500 P a piece.

What are these restaurants and how hard is it to get 500P (assuming "P" isn't just money).

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Pakled posted:

loving. Finally.

Dave Matthews Big Fan!
Nov 10, 2009

Neo_Crimson posted:

What are these restaurants and how hard is it to get 500P (assuming "P" isn't just money).

They're just buildings where you can watch a cutscene of your guy slurpin up some noods or w/e, and yeah they're really just 500 money

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I think boxing your starter before the completing the game should be illegal.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The best squad this side of Alola

I'm going to be using a bunch of different Pokemon in that sixth spot before I get Kommo-o, so this will definitely be fun

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Relax Or DIE posted:

I think boxing your starter before the completing the game should be illegal.

Will I be safe from the police if I put my starter in the daycare to breed a million baby Popplios, but wait to pull her out before continuing on?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Arranging proper care is fine so long as you don't enjoy your time without her.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Boxing your starter is a real Alpha move and, Hell, I support it.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Countblanc posted:

Boxing your starter is a real Alpha move and, Hell, I support it.

I will not stand for these allegations. I would never box my starter. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

When does Togedemaru show up? And the daycare is pretty early on right? (First Island?)