Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

punk rebel ecks posted:

Pretty much. Trump was the last straw.

his election will probably be looked at as a major turning point in history... that is if we're not all consumed by nuclear hellfire / climate change because of his election first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Thoguh posted:

His book includes pictures of Bruce Rappaport labeled as him. Pretty hosed up if you ask me.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
christ i forgot about the bruce rappaport stuff. who was it besides that dude who was boyfriends with a clinton campaign staffer that was pushing that poo poo

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

anime was right posted:

christ i forgot about the bruce rappaport stuff. who was it besides that dude who was boyfriends with a clinton campaign staffer that was pushing that poo poo

Who the hell is bruce rappaport?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

iospace posted:

Apparently a picture of Bernie being dragged away from a civil rights protest was claimed to be Bruce Rappaport?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

iospace posted:

he's a guy that looks kinda like bernie. there were several people tied to clinton pushing that pictures of bernie being involved in the civil rights movement/chicago housing thing were not actually him but some other dude. even though there were other pictures showing it was bernie and when the sources of the pictures were contacted, they also confirmed they were bernie.

the primary person pushing this was a journalist that was in a relationship with a high level clinton staffer.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/02/the-jonathan-capehart-saga-or-why-progressives-hav.html

paste magazine is questionable at best but thats an ok overview of what went down

"As it turns out, this was easy. Capehart’s live-in partner is Nick Schmit, who was the travel compliance director for Hillary Clinton’s 2008 campaign, worked with the Clinton Foundation before that, and had a job in her state department. (Shockingly, his LinkedIn profile appears to have been recently set to private or deleted.)"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
it's kind of amazing how meticulously petty that is, no meme uncorrected from the clinton camp!!!!

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Raskolnikov38 posted:

bernie had the best drat ads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30kl5D5nUNA

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i totally forgot that chris matthews was doing shitloads of hit pieces on bernie while his wife ran for office because her donors were all involved with the clintons

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Lastgirl posted:

[forces american people into indentured backbreaking servitude to pay off loans to build his yuge luxurious infrastructures so he can put his name in gold on them]

"I told you I'd bring you jobs. Just the best jobs." :smugdon:

the best timeline

work on the wall only to realize its to keep you from leaving

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

hobotrashcanfires posted:

I guess the only answer is to take it and make it work. Maybe it fails, and maybe they will, but I doubt they have that plan now. Hubris got us into this situation, a genuine ground-up grassroots movement is almost certainly the only way out. If a true and renewed democratic party of real every day people can't get us out of this, pretty sure were hosed whether they take it back or not.

So if that is their plan and I don't believe it is yet, we ought to make sure they're way too loving late.

Why exactly is your clinging to leadership and power after your way fails to work better or more justified than them doing the same thing? Shouldn't you, in the case of a loss, be as willing to hand over the reins as you expect them to be?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

anime was right posted:

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/02/the-jonathan-capehart-saga-or-why-progressives-hav.html

paste magazine is questionable at best but thats an ok overview of what went down

"As it turns out, this was easy. Capehart’s live-in partner is Nick Schmit, who was the travel compliance director for Hillary Clinton’s 2008 campaign, worked with the Clinton Foundation before that, and had a job in her state department. (Shockingly, his LinkedIn profile appears to have been recently set to private or deleted.)"

I'm more interested that Adult Swim is unfair to women and has their own Alt Right show.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/CapehartJ/status/796793252414427136

:argh: RAPPAPORT!! :argh:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

yeah the bias is dripping in the link i gave but MOST OF THE FACTS are correct, just like, holy poo poo is it unbearable to read

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

anime was right posted:

i totally forgot that chris matthews was doing shitloads of hit pieces on bernie while his wife ran for office because her donors were all involved with the clintons

Chris Matthews needs to be fired into the sun.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

On the topic of Gelman, please watch Eagleheart. It is extremely good.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

anime was right posted:

Yeah and he's backpedaling as fast as MSNBC will allow him since last Tuesday

hobotrashcanfires
Jul 24, 2013

Fulchrum posted:

Why exactly is your clinging to leadership and power after your way fails to work better or more justified than them doing the same thing? Shouldn't you, in the case of a loss, be as willing to hand over the reins as you expect them to be?

Keep on fulchruming fulchrum. You're bound to find leverage somewhere, just not here.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
bornig

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Lastgirl posted:

curse that lena dunham, she is everything wrong with liberals

[obsesses over her for months]

curse her

[goes to bed thinking about her and cursing her every night from november 2016 to february 2017]

she sucks haha..

[falls asleep dreams about kissing her on the mouth and feeling all tingly over it]

:wth:

My fantasies involve people who have consensual sex, thanks though

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

brett gelman is the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtV80ZdpTY0

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
having alot of Care for lena duhnam is like a loving shibboleth

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
I got your wildcat strike

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Deimus posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labor_Management_Relations_Act_of_1947#Anti-communism

They were so good at organizing strikes that it became illegal for union heads to be part of the communist party. Labor went downhill and lame and bent the knee to Dems ever since

That was ruled unconstitutional not long after Taft Hartley.

The real damage to unions was done via the outlawing of solidarity strikes, general strikes, and wildcat strikes and the absolute massive amount of bureaucracy and legal challenges that were introduced to organizing campaigns.

Union organizing is now an uphill struggle at every stage of the process (and that's even assuming a functional/sympathetic NLRB like what we have right now) and we have no real muscle via the loss of our striking and solidarity actions.

Fun fact: the UFW is exempt from the Wagner Act/Taft Hartley. Cesar Chavez was so successful in large part by taking advantage of this.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

The turn in this is really incredible and if you're feeling bummed please listen to it

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

anime was right posted:

yeah the bias is dripping in the link i gave but MOST OF THE FACTS are correct, just like, holy poo poo is it unbearable to read

So Adult Swim IS unfair to women and has an Alt Right show?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

punk rebel ecks posted:

So Adult Swim IS unfair to women and has an Alt Right show?

I dunno about their treatment of women but yea that new sketch kinda show that runs at like 3 am is apparently run by alt right weirdos

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Al! posted:

it's kind of amazing how meticulously petty that is, no meme uncorrected from the clinton camp!!!!

lmao yeah, I knew about rappaport due to primary drama but that it was a paid-for meme war :wtf::wtf:

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I dunno about their treatment of women but yea that new sketch kinda show that runs at like 3 am is apparently run by alt right weirdos

The question is, does anybody watch it?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I swear to God if that poo poo replaced Off the Air imma start revolution the myself

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

KiteAuraan posted:

The question is, does anybody watch it?

alt right weirdos. Seriouusly though, I watched it and It sucks. It is called "Million dollar extreme' or some such and it isn't funny or good.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
they rarely have shows run by women and the most recent set of shows to be announced had no women showrunners

which is like, okay but then the guy who actually runs Adult Swim ran out to defend it as if it was okay, rather than just an aberration

also they have that alt-right run show which continues to be run and not immediately canceled after they realized the showrunner was an alt-right fuckwit

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

logikv9 posted:

also they have that alt-right run show which continues to be run and not immediately canceled after they realized the showrunner was an alt-right fuckwit

iirc this was defended with "controversy is good"

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Grimoire posted:

alt right weirdos. Seriouusly though, I watched it and It sucks. It is called "Million dollar extreme' or some such and it isn't funny or good.

This guy a renegade that we must look up to! Behold the master white race pushing their alt right agenda.

Watch as he infiltrates our lair!

punk rebel ecks has issued a correction as of 05:26 on Nov 16, 2016

Deimus
Aug 17, 2012

RENEGADE CUCKSKY posted:

That was ruled unconstitutional not long after Taft Hartley.

Sure but the damage was done. But you're right, I just mention it for emphasis. Worker solidarity isn't represented by an active, bigly party anymore.

Deimus has issued a correction as of 05:44 on Nov 16, 2016

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

So all they can do is pretend to do a striptease at a rally. That's pretty much makes them about as dumb as Chris Pontus.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Crowsbeak posted:

So all they can do is pretend to do a striptease at a rally. That's pretty much makes them about as dumb as Chris Pontus.

maybe if they ride a shopping cart off a hill a few dozen times :colbert:

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

anime was right posted:

if we're ever getting a great depression/ww2/civil rights movement level event happening our political lifetimes its probably within the next few years.

i'm feeling like i might die from this, like a 5~7% chance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

brett gelman is a loving dumbass, every show at adult swim (even rick and morty) has woman writers. and producers. and animators. half the loving shows on their stream are hosted by women, yet mde exists and mike lazzo said some dumb poo poo so better burn those bridges. meanwhile women purposely apply to work at williams street because its far away from the toxic chauvinism of hollywood and they're treated like actual people

also something tells me he's not gonna stop cashing checks sent by Actual Rapist Harvey Weinstein

• Locked thread