Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should I post in the anime thread?
This poll is closed.
food 14 10.37%
cat 28 20.74%
selfies 22 16.30%
touhous 41 30.37%
robots 30 22.22%
Total: 135 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yikes someone get her a towel she'll catch cold

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Xinder posted:

i suddenly like your daughter a lot

She's a pretty okay kid!

Well, young woman (she turns 17 this December). Trying my best to be a deece dad for her has made me feel as though I'm not all that hopeless of an adult. :)

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

e: just realized that could sound creepy.

:confused:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Wark Say posted:

That's a pretty uncool! :(

Shipping is okay, but you should never try to cram your opinions about which two or more characters should be going out / doing it. Having teenagers at my place actually having serious discussions on this taught me that. It also taught me that Hikki, despite having started out as unlikable a high-school anime/LN main character as you can get:
  • Grew on me
  • Became surprisingly popular, despite the fact that I thought most people were going to concentrate on the way more reasonable YukinoxYui

Yui wants both, and I would not deny her that.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

yikes someone get her a towel she'll catch cold

its ok shes a boat

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Wark Say posted:

She's a pretty okay kid!

Well, young woman (she turns 17 this December). Trying my best to be a deece dad for her has made me feel as though I'm not all that hopeless of an adult. :)

:confused:

She has good taste in anime so you're doing that right at least.

I've been ingesting way too much parenting media recently (Poco's Udon World is fantastic) and it's probably not good since I am like 10 years out at least from having kids of my own, if ever. I am absolutely not ready and I have no illusions about that.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Huh, Burbo? I know that you often contribute really cool images and such, but I gotta tell you: Like half the images you're posting here seem to lead to broken links, timed-out connections and the like. :(

chumbler posted:

Yui wants both, and I would not deny her that.

I think that Yui should just go for Hachiman, just because of the fact that, while she more often than not is all touchy-feely with Yukino, imagining all the goofy stories Yui's mom could tell Hachiman about how hard Yui was crushing on him make me giggle like a moron. Darn, that OVA from a few weeks ago was not enough! I hope the author dude hurries up with Girlish Number and releases more SNAFU novels so we can get another season!

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Wark Say posted:

That's a pretty uncool! :(

Shipping is okay, but you should never try to cram your opinions about which two or more characters should be going out / doing it. Having teenagers at my place actually having serious discussions on this taught me that. It also taught me that Hikki, despite having started out as unlikable a high-school anime/LN main character as you can get:
  • Grew on me
  • Became surprisingly popular, despite the fact that I thought most people were going to concentrate on the way more reasonable YukinoxYui

Where does your daughter stand on the SNAFU shipping issue?

I was really into both Madoka and Eva as a teen but just can't muster any enthusiasm for them anymore. I even rewatched some of Eva when the bds came out and noticed how well put together it was in ways I didn't appreciate when I was younger but I just couldn't get into it

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Wark Say posted:

Huh, Burbo? I know that you often contribute really cool images and such, but I gotta tell you: Like half the images you're posting here seem to lead to broken links, timed-out connections and the like. :(

Pomf gives people alot of problems. I haven't seen any broken links lately though. Might be you.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Wark Say posted:

thats on you, they work here

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

iroha, is the best snafu girl

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

iroha, is the best snafu girl

I respect your incorrect opinion.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Wark Say posted:

It may be your anti virus hating on pomf

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Get your poo poo together wark

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tGL-buZ94Y

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Today we're streaming everyone's favorite anime about a poor small business owner in the late Edo period, Gintama!!!!!

https://cytu.be/r/sugita

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
[x]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

kirby is STACKED

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

DisDisDis posted:

Where does your daughter stand on the SNAFU shipping issue?

I was really into both Madoka and Eva as a teen but just can't muster any enthusiasm for them anymore. I even rewatched some of Eva when the bds came out and noticed how well put together it was in ways I didn't appreciate when I was younger but I just couldn't get into it

She literally texted me this

Best Guy: Hikki
Best 2nd Guy / Best Girl: Saika
2nd Best Girl: Yui

Normal ships:
Yui x Hikki x Yukino (like Chumbler), Hikki x Shizuka, Komachi x Taishi (Saki's younger bro), Saika x Hikki

BEST SHIPS:
Saika x Yoshiteru, Saika x Hayato, Hayato x Tobe, Yui x Komachi, Yumiko x Haruno, Hikki x Momgahama, Sagami x Yumiko, Meguri x Tamanawa

... I'm pretty sure some of those characters never even met or interacted in any meaningful way. Oh well.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Pomf gives people alot of problems. I haven't seen any broken links lately though. Might be you.

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Get your poo poo together wark

Cake Attack posted:

thats on you, they work here

El Burbo posted:

It may be your anti virus hating on pomf

Curses! Nothing works!

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

homeless snail posted:

kirby is STACKED

Droopy dog

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Wark Say posted:

BEST SHIPS:
Saika x Yoshiteru

YES

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I can't even remember who most of those people are.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
just found this smilie and it's perfect :quig:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I never watched the rick and morty thing but that guy has a funny voice + he is funny in the job simulator and accounting virtual reality video games

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I didn't like Rick and Morty's second season so much

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I also like dan harmon, a lot

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

GorfZaplen posted:

I didn't like Rick and Morty's second season so much
id idnt bother with it at all but i watched that clip with hurt a couple weeks ago and lollllllll

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the best snafu is yui but the secret true best girl is the badass teacher woman

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

homeless snail posted:

yikes

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

homeless snail posted:

Did you watch his time travel show?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Wark Say posted:

Normal ships:
Yui x Hikki x Yukino (like Chumbler), Hikki x Shizuka, Komachi x Taishi (Saki's younger bro), Saika x Hikki

BEST SHIPS:
Saika x Yoshiteru, Saika x Hayato, Hayato x Tobe, Yui x Komachi, Yumiko x Haruno, Hikki x Momgahama, Sagami x Yumiko, Meguri x Tamanawa

... I'm pretty sure some of those characters never even met or interacted in any meaningful way. Oh well.

Hell I don't remember who 2/3rds of them are but I'm glad she supports the gay

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Did you watch his time travel show?
was that a channel 101 thing

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Everything Burrito posted:

I kept liking Adventure Time even after it crawled up its own rear end but I never was able to get into SU. Since it was on Hulu I watched a bunch of episodes once when I didn't have anything better to do and it was alright, but I didn't get the feels or anything so I never kept up with it.

:same: my brother's showed me a few episodes but it never really clicked

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

homeless snail posted:

was that a channel 101 thing

I dunno.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Also,

Super No Vacancy posted:

the best snafu is yui but the secret true best girl is the badass teacher woman

She is not secret true best girl, she is best woman.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

i still need to watch kizutwo

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Wark Say posted:

Normal ships:

BEST SHIPS:

i know every character listed

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Wark Say posted:

Normal ships:

BEST SHIPS:

I'm sorry to inform you, but she's a weirdo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sakurazuka posted:

• Hachiman "Hikki": Main Guy Protag. Starts as kind of a shithead. Becomes less so, even becoming a somewhat endearing MC (if you squint a little).
  • Yukino: Main Girl Protag. Standard "Cool Beauty" girl, with all the crappy emotional baggage one of these characters would probably have in a slightly more realistic show (such as this).
  • Yui: Airheaded girl. Definitely has the hots for our two mains. According to my daughter "Her boobs are as big her heart"
  • Shizuka: Teacher / Advisor for the main trio. Supplier of harsh truths #1 but still cool as can be. Has a bad case of what a friend calls the "Single Office Lady Syndrome".
  • Komachi: Hikki's little sister. Best "anime little sister" ever.
  • Saki: Delinquent-looking girl. Has the hots for Hikki, but since most of her characterization post her intro arc got cut off the anime, has precious little relevance afterwards.
  • Taishi: Saki's younger bro. Has precious little relevance to the plot after her sister's arc is more or less resolved.
  • Saika: Pretty Boy that looks like a girl. Incredibly cute
  • Yoshiteru: CHUUNIBYOU VOICED BY NOBUYUKI HIYAMA. LITTLE TO NO PLOT RELEVANCE AFTER ARC. Still occasionally hangs out with Hikki.
  • Hayato: Easy-going, jockish guy. Basically the opposite of Hikki at first sight. Has a bunch of insecurities that start popping up here and there.
  • Tobe: Has the hots for the fujoshi. Surprisingly quick to catch on to the fact that Hikki might not be the shithead most people have him peg down as.
  • Yumiko: Rich girl. Has the hots for Hayato. Really bad at hiding it. Does enjoy hanging around with her clique.
  • Haruno: Rich girl. Gigantic tease. Supplier of harsh truths #2. Big sister to Haruno and kind of a big question mark for most people. A bit of a bully towards her sister.
  • Yui's Mom: Literally appears for around a minute in the 2nd Season's last episode to embarrass her daughter in front of the two people she likes
  • Sagami: Popular girl-wannabe. Has absolutely zero relevance on her own outside of the arc she appears in. Her arc does drive the point home that Hachiman needs to get his poo poo together, though.
  • Meguri: Student Council President at the start of the show. A bit pushy, but more or less an OK gal. Eventually leaves the student council pres duties to--
  • Iroha: A gigantic bitch. But a surprisingly fun one. If you ever saw Toradora, she's basically like Ami.
  • Tamanawa: Guy who has delusions of what he's actually talking about. Student Council Pres for a different preppy high school.

I hope this helps.

DisDisDis posted:

Hell I don't remember who 2/3rds of them are but I'm glad she supports the gay

Well, she's a lesbian herself, so that helps a bit. :)

• Locked thread