Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Anyone know how early you get the eviolite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Countblanc posted:

Boxing your starter is a real Alpha move and, Hell, I support it.

starter boxing is the path of the coward

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
The only people who box their starters are monsters, and, honestly, I hope you're banned :colbert:

EDIT: Okay obvious exception is gen 5 because holy poo poo none of them are interesting or good.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

^^^ agreed but only if they do it on the first run. Anything after the first run has no laws edit: nevermind you stink, Serpieror and the entire Oshawott line own :mad:

Dr. Fetus posted:

The move relearner got moved to very late in the game. She's in the Pokemon Center at the Pokemon League. But now she teaches your Pokemon any move in their level up pool, no matter what level they're at.

:stare: Goddamn. So you could go teach flare blitz to a level 1 Growlithe for just a heart scale? That seems insane(ly cool)

Mr. Baps fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Nov 16, 2016

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Classtoise posted:

EDIT: Okay obvious exception is gen 5 because holy poo poo none of them are interesting or good.
Please don't insult my buddy Revolver Oshawott.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012
I think this may be the first gen I will consider boxing or wonder trading my starter. Probably box it since there won't be any non-alolan things coming in at all.

CoffeeAvenger
Nov 3, 2016

I'm naming the Incineroar "Pharaoh" because I can't look at its latest CoroCoro concept art without this song getting stuck in my head:

:nws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W35dyPTh6o :nws:

Pakled posted:

There's no longer the option. When you use a PC, it goes straight to the pokemon storage system with an "organize boxes" type functionality. I think that's a good change.

This is amazing!

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Boxing a starter is like surrendering your childhood pet to the shelter.

You monsters.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Walrus Pete posted:

^^^ agreed but only if they do it on the first run. Anything after the first run has no laws edit: nevermind you stink, Serpieror and the entire Oshawott line own :mad:

:stare: Goddamn. So you could go teach flare blitz to a level 1 Growlithe for just a heart scale? That seems insane(ly cool)

Little Cup Supremacy

I can't decide who to use for my starter. Rowlett has the best first form but Poppilo has the best last form. I really hate Poppilo but love Primarina. It's all too much

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/NGameTheCube/status/798730546369032192

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

If you box your starter, anything you catch at a level below 10 and use for the whole game may be considered an honorary starter.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

:boom:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Pakled posted:

There's no longer the option. When you use a PC, it goes straight to the pokemon storage system with an "organize boxes" type functionality. I think that's a good change.

That's good but I kinda liked the organize items function

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

TWIST FIST posted:

That's good but I kinda liked the organize items function

That's still there. There are buttons at the top of the touchscreen that switch to various modes including item organization.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Scholtz posted:

on the old discussion of top 7 pokemon babes

Has anyone ever made a site like this:
https://fio4ri.github.io/FavoritePokemon/

but for pokemon fuckability? there's always one in every gen...

e: scratch that, gen II doesn't have any

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dunsparce
Lickitung
Mr Mime
Jellicent
Hitmonlee
Celebi
Muk

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Decidueye is only getting boxed late game once Dhelmise takes his place.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012
It hasn't occurred to me until now that my shiney Heliolisk can actually be made decent now with the bottle caps.... maybe. Can't remember if it has a decent nature, but for my first shiney since 1996 idgaf. Boy is gonna get to 100 and be a pro.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

cancerianmoth posted:

It hasn't occurred to me until now that my shiney Heliolisk can actually be made decent now with the bottle caps.... maybe. Can't remember if it has a decent nature, but for my first shiney since 1996 idgaf. Boy is gonna get to 100 and be a pro.

none of us had shinys in 1996, they didn't exist in gen 1

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Amazon has started shipping...My double-pack is on the way.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

when can you catch the Tapu pokemon. I want Tapu-Bulu

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Behold all the resistances!

I would have liked to use an all new gen team, but the ones I liked (Golisopod, Araquanid and WHYISTHEANCHORNOTGHOSTSTEELWEALREADYHAVEAGHOSTGRASSTHISGEN Dhelmise) added a ton of weaknesses. I also liked Solgaleo and it worked well, but I don't like using Legendaries in my team, so Skarmory stepped up. Plus I never used Skarmory before, so hey, new ground for me too.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
So what exactly is the deal with Ultra Beasts? Are they legendaries, basically? Pseudos?

...Kaiju??? I don't know what to make of them as a game feature :shrug:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Captain Oblivious posted:

So what exactly is the deal with Ultra Beasts? Are they legendaries, basically? Pseudos?

They're legendaries on the same tier as zapdos et al. Legal in battle spot too I think? Though I'm not sure.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

They're basically the pidgeys of an alien world!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

They are technically legendaries. They're also legal in all battle formats.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
Gonna have to trade for a few of those ultra beasts. Can't wait to be able to bank and restart for bargaining chips.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Version-exclusive regular pokemon make for pretty good bargaining chips, especially early in a game's life cycle. A surprising amount of people are willing to trade legendaries and other hard-to-acquire pokemon for version exclusives if you put em up on the GTS.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

PSWII60 posted:

Gonna have to trade for a few of those ultra beasts. Can't wait to be able to bank and restart for bargaining chips.

Actually you can catch multiples of your UB-02, so you'll have spares of your version exclusive.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Actually you can catch multiples of your UB-02, so you'll have spares of your version exclusive.

Doesn't UB-04 also have exclusivity? I want one of my Sun-owning friends' Kartanas. :(

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I live in Japan but have my American 3ds so I have to wait for the American eShop to update to buy Sun, right? That destroyed me at work today. Saturday morning :( more like Saturday mourning

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Think that's bad, since these companies always decide to gently caress over EU for no reason I'm not getting it until the 23rd... :sadwave:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Is this getting a midnight eShop release or will I need to wait until friday morning at like 10am or something to get the preload unlocked?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Steelworker confirmed to be a 50% damage increase to Steel moves, rather than the rumored 33%. The anchor is so c ool

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Countblanc posted:

Steelworker confirmed to be a 50% damage increase to Steel moves, rather than the rumored 33%. The anchor is so c ool

That means it effectively gets STAB on three types (Grass, Ghost and Steel). Cool beans

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

less laughter posted:

That means it effectively gets STAB on three types (Grass, Ghost and Steel). Cool beans

Steel STAB is pretty eh though, TBH. Not nearly as much since fairy became a thing, but still.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
in addition to just providing general neutral coverage for when your grass/ghost stabs don't cut it (ie: against sap sipper drampa), steel is SE against 3 of the 4 Tapus and that is going to be huge in the new meta

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
that ghost guy is designed well, but will be garbage, competitively.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

It also gets it's own steel type trapping move if that matters.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

tbp posted:

the alolan pokedex is designed well, but will be garbage, competitively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Does anyone know where I can find the following?

• A table of new moves, like this, but with plain text for types and categories.
  • A similar table for new Pokemon, including UBs and Alolan Forms, with at least types and abilities.

I need this information for the project I'm working on, and having it in a table Google Sheets can parse makes things way, way easier than the Smogon pastebins linked in the Discord. Thanks in advance.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Nov 16, 2016