Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
James is so dumb lol. Really liked the confrontation in the bunker with Winn.

Rhyno posted:

Drunk Kara might rival ice cream Kara for best Kara overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
In the comics, Mon-El is just the name Clark gives him. He eventually remembers his name is Lar Gand and takes the hero name of Valor.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

So when Winn said James would become someone else when he put on the suit, how many people filled in something else?

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I'm still peeved over the whole nuclear power plant sequence. I guess if you can assume the writers are going for the 80's Christopher Reeve movie era logic - it works just fine in that context.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

R-Type posted:

I'm still peeved over the whole nuclear power plant sequence. I guess if you can assume the writers are going for the 80's Christopher Reeve movie era logic - it works just fine in that context.

Berlanti and Co. do sometimes rely on Silver Age-style pseudoscience. See, for instance, Captain Cold being able to freeze laser beams on Flash.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

R-Type posted:

It's pretty much how Superman beat him the first time in the cartoon, only there he used a chunk of kryptonite, but same basic deal

And they handled that so much better than the do on The Flash. Kara was so apologetic that she had to blow him up.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

xeria posted:

Guessing that there will be some incompatibility given his hand was shaking at the end of that scene. No one knows she's a white Martian anyway.

Alternatively he just got literally all his Martian blood sucked out of him by Parasite so maybe he's just weakened by that.

Guess we'll find out soon!

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Episode was pretty good save for a few small things.

Put some color on that suit, Jimmy. Blue and Gold preferably, but it's way way too monotone at this point. I'm guessing that since he took it out early they'll settle that later, but it looked too bland.

When Guardian deflects the first blow and sends Parasite reeling looked really, really lovely. I get that the shield probably has some vibranium ultra-reflective unobtainium, but Jimmy just holds his arm up and there's no impact or movement. A big part of making CG not suck is the little details like that.

Jimmy not coming clean about his identity as Guardian is just... crappy. I don't buy any reason he could have for keeping it from her after all the stuff they've gone through together and individually. It's just a dick move for added drama. Bonus points that Winn deliberately put lead in it just to keep Kara from spying him apparently and then has a "we're not going to tell Kara?" moment. Seriously, why else did you put lead in there? Probably so he punches Mon El at some point and infects him.

Kara drunk was the best thing all season, though. And Chyler Leigh remains a high point of acting.

We're getting actual Cyborg Superman, right? So if Guardian is a Steel analog and Mon El is a Superboy analog, are we getting Eradicator also?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mortanis posted:

are we getting Eradicator also?

I think Barry Allen is appearing in the next episode, yes.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

Not the next one, but the one after that (Nov. 28th), and only for like the final scene of that episode. Barry and Cisco apparently just swoop in at the last second to recruit Kara for the Arrowverse crossover. That said, we are getting a pair of proper Flash/Supergirl crossover episodes later in the season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

:golfclap:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Season 6 of Supergirl's almost certainly going to have a Darkseid playing hangman with Metron to work out the Anti-Life Equation, and he gets stuck on "B A R R _ A L L E _".

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Mortanis posted:

We're getting actual Cyborg Superman, right?

The synopsis of next week's episode:
While Guardian (Mehcad Brooks) tries to clear his name after being accused of a murder committed by another vigilante, Supergirl heads out on a solo mission to rescue Mon-El (Chris Wood) who has been captured by CADMUS. While fighting to free Mon-El, Supergirl comes face to face with Cyborg Superman.

so, yes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

Oh my god, Sara Lance is gonna try to sleep with Supergirl

I'd like at least one episode where that's a runner in the background, maybe with Ollie or Ray trying to talk Sara out of it, and Kara being oblivious until it dawns and then "Oh... OH! N-no, no.... no... But it sucks you're from a different Earth! You're totally my sister's type!"

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
What was supposed to be the moral takeaway of this episode?

Options include: Don't be a climate change believer, you'll turn into a monster and/or get killed. Don't be gay, you'll only get rejected. Don't help homeless people, you'll only get abducted. Be a climate change denier, they're rich and have nice shoes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I kind of expect Kara to try to read Maggie the riot act in an episode or two, only to get shut down with "So her coming out means she's entitled to get in my pants?" and/or Maggie admitting she's into Alex but wanted Alex to be sure of herself and not treat her like an 'experiment' or something.

Tolstoi
Apr 3, 2001
I wonder, are they even going to address the whole thing with Daxamites and lead?

I don't mind the idea of them changing things up for the story, but I figured they would have alluded to something by now, what with Guardian's getup being covered in it.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Gaz-L posted:

I'd like at least one episode where that's a runner in the background, maybe with Ollie or Ray trying to talk Sara out of it, and Kara being oblivious until it dawns and then "Oh... OH! N-no, no.... no... But it sucks you're from a different Earth! You're totally my sister's type!"

Or Kara goes for it. Next time, on Supergirl:

"I've only ever been Alex Danvers, Kara's big sister. But finally, I'm on my own path, where I can be something all my own-"

*walks in on Sara banging her sister*

"Oh, goddammit!"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tolstoi posted:

I wonder, are they even going to address the whole thing with Daxamites and lead?

I don't mind the idea of them changing things up for the story, but I figured they would have alluded to something by now, what with Guardian's getup being covered in it.

That's the set up. Guardian and Monel are gonna meet and Monel's gonna get all hosed up by all that lead

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I mean the climate change guy is shown to be basically right- the parasite thing might never have emerged if the ice hadn't melted.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Maxwell Lord posted:

I mean the climate change guy is shown to be basically right- the parasite thing might never have emerged if the ice hadn't melted.

By the way this isn't as crazy as it sounds. I mean yeah we probably won't have to deal with The Thing style abominations but a bunch of people in Russia got infected with a weird strain of anthrax from a reindeer carcass preserved under arctic ice.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Speculation based on next episode's spoilers: PLEASE let Dean Cain be Cyborg Superman. PLEASE make this happen.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Xealot posted:

Or Kara goes for it. Next time, on Supergirl:

"I've only ever been Alex Danvers, Kara's big sister. But finally, I'm on my own path, where I can be something all my own-"

*walks in on Sara banging her sister*

"Oh, goddammit!"

"I'm never going near the copy room again!"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

howe_sam posted:

The synopsis of next week's episode:
While Guardian (Mehcad Brooks) tries to clear his name after being accused of a murder committed by another vigilante, Supergirl heads out on a solo mission to rescue Mon-El (Chris Wood) who has been captured by CADMUS. While fighting to free Mon-El, Supergirl comes face to face with Cyborg Superman.

so, yes.

Man, it's about to get really weird for J'onn J'onzz to be wearing Hank Henshaw's face.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mortanis posted:

Speculation based on next episode's spoilers: PLEASE let Dean Cain be Cyborg Superman. PLEASE make this happen.

This is what I'm assuming is going to happen anyways.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

This is what I'm assuming is going to happen anyways.

Well, CADMUS does have Alex's father as a hostage and implied they were using him as a test subject, so it's possible. Really though, I suspect it's just another excuse to get Tyler Hoechlin back on the show. Because god please we need more excuses to get Tyler Hoechlin back on the show.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Well, CADMUS does have Alex's father as a hostage and implied they were using him as a test subject, so it's possible. Really though, I suspect it's just another excuse to get Tyler Hoechlin back on the show. Because god please we need more excuses to get Tyler Hoechlin back on the show.

Kreisberg specifically said that's not happening in the article I linked earlier.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Licarn posted:

What was supposed to be the moral takeaway of this episode?

Options include: Don't be a climate change believer, you'll turn into a monster and/or get killed. Don't be gay, you'll only get rejected. Don't help homeless people, you'll only get abducted. Be a climate change denier, they're rich and have nice shoes.

Thanks. You stated exactly what I was thinking. You know they really meant well but hosed the little beats all up. Or did they?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Cadmus seems like a good place to fill the show with easter eggs, even if they're never amount to anything.

"Oh here's a ship we found and it had this alien with a ring on in it". "Look at this weird Box we found"

I wish i knew more about Cosmic CD outside of Green Lantern and New Gods stuff. I dunno, Grifters mask? Adam Strange's jetpack?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

twistedmentat posted:

Cadmus seems like a good place to fill the show with easter eggs, even if they're never amount to anything.

"Oh here's a ship we found and it had this alien with a ring on in it". "Look at this weird Box we found"

I wish i knew more about Cosmic CD outside of Green Lantern and New Gods stuff. I dunno, Grifters mask? Adam Strange's jetpack?

I don't think this is the sort of show that's just gonna tease stuff. I fully expect a Legion of Super Heroes plotline in season 3.

And Lobo could show up at any time :getin:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't think this is the sort of show that's just gonna tease stuff. I fully expect a Legion of Super Heroes plotline in season 3.

And Lobo could show up at any time :getin:

I really hope its Wolverine rip off Lobo not lame pretty boy Lobo.

And Hell Ya Braniac 6 getting some Supergirl action!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

Kind of like the cabin on Constantine was going to be? We saw Fate's helmet but other artifacts were supposed to show up eventually. Maybe at Cadmus we can see a stuffed and mounted Detective Chimp.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

twistedmentat posted:

I like this show alot but come on its still the CW. Pretty bad boy Lobo is going to be the one.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

twistedmentat posted:

And Hell Ya Braniac 6 getting some Supergirl action!

First of all, Wolverine satire, not rip off. Secondly, yeah, if they're willing to make the Silver Banshee look like the comics regardless of how stupid that looked, I want them to make Lobo look exactly like Simon Bisley drew him.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

frgildan posted:

I like this show alot but come on its still the CW. Pretty bad boy Lobo is going to be the one.

Ugggh no one liked that version. It's kind of the poster child for the problems with new 52.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy Goodbody posted:

, I want them to make Lobo look exactly like Simon Bisley drew him.

You asked for this

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

twistedmentat posted:

Ugggh no one liked that version. It's kind of the poster child for the problems with new 52.

Didn't they claim 80's metal Lobo was ripping off pretty boy Lobo, who was somehow the real Lobo all along?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

8one6 posted:

Didn't they claim 80's metal Lobo was ripping off pretty boy Lobo, who was somehow the real Lobo all along?

Yup, it was dumb as gently caress. It pretty much screamed that DC had no idea what the hell they were doing with their comics and over all tone deaf because people liked the Wolverine homage character that smoked cigars and road around space on a motorcycle.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I found these

Thinking of getting one as a new avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Just use Hugh Jackman as Lobo.