Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

cidney is a more distinctive name and better preserves the reference so its canon as far as i'm concerned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Calaveron posted:

It's weird that these skinny guys in 2016 casual wear living in a modern city driving in a classy yet sensible sedan all fight with like swords and staves and nunchuks and stuff

At least Prompto and and Noctis can fight with guns. There's a YouTube of Noctis running around firing a rocket launcher with a poison mist alt fire.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cavelcade posted:

Rat-girl isn't particularly great, tbh. I can't even remember her na- oh it's Freya, Freya isn't that great. She's fine while she has a plot but drat does that just disappear.
It's Ratchel.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

They are all the same outside of their limit breaks.

:eng101: Squall has a 255% hit rate while everyone else varies near 100%. Use Squall when cactuar hunting!

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Shhhhhh

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

They are all the same outside of their limit breaks.

Thank you.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Shoren posted:

:eng101: Squall has a 255% hit rate while everyone else varies near 100%. Use Squall when cactuar hunting!

And put Triple on everyone else's HIT+.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Super No Vacancy posted:

I bought the gently caress-off version but then preordered from amazon because it actually has more in-game content lol so I'm gonna try the old gimmick where you order from amazon and get a code then cancel the amazon order. I already have the code but I kinda wanna wait until the roadtrip site actually gives me the PSN code before canceling....

Thanks, I think I'll just whatever's the cheapest and pick up any DLC I might want later. I'm really just interested in the party members' DLC episodes, whatever they might be.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the story dlc is only in the season pass/digital deluxe edition i think

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
All I want from FF15 is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fUJ6LehQ3I

Complete with Burger King. If it happens, I will just stop posting in this thread, as there is nothing I can do to sully this perfect moment.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Struggling to stay interested in FF13-2, dunno if it's just because I've already played 50 hours of the combat this past week or so, or the collecting monsters thing I've never been a huge fan of, or not liking the changes to how the crystarium works this time.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Gologle posted:

Complete with Burger King. If it happens, I will just stop posting in this thread, as there is nothing I can do to sully this perfect moment.

I just realized how much Final Fantasy would work together with Gundam-grade mecha anime bullshit, and now I'm sad I won't see Mecha Final Fantasy.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Going from 13 right into 13-2 is a hard marathon to maintain unless you really click into 13-2 based on the quest and sidequest structure.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Shoren posted:

Freya and Amarant had some decent moments later in the game in a small rivalry of sorts. I like Amarant mainly because it's funny how Zidane just grinds his gears on so many levels. Like his comments about the "sly eagle" and how Amarant has no idea what he means.

The problem with Freya is that she basically finishes her story arc pretty early in. I wonder if they may have once planned for her to die or otherwise be a permenant party loss since she's not got anything much to DO in terms of growth or anything once the main plot of the game really gets rolling.

That said, I actually think they deal with this pretty well with Freya. Her motivation is crystal clear--her whole nation has been decimated and the villain is to blame. She doesn't NEED any more growth or development, she's on a set path, and so when she finally comes back into the story she basically just spends her time chatting with Armarant, because their personalities work well together. It's not terrifically exciting, she doesn't get a big dramatic show-down with the main villain or anything like that, but she gets a good amount of pretty good scenes that tend to flesh out other characters. She's got a cool design and a cool theme song too. Freya's cool.

Armarent is great, he's a man who cannot understand optimism.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Gologle posted:

Yet another scene done better in Gurren Lagann. :colbert:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Cleretic posted:

I just realized how much Final Fantasy would work together with Gundam-grade mecha anime bullshit, and now I'm sad I won't see Mecha Final Fantasy.

Xenogears?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Cleretic posted:

The Ashen Knight....-~Valimar~-

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Saint Freak posted:

"Cindy" will be the next generation's "Aeris" and I will have no part in that.

Aeris is a much better name than Aerith though

Anemone
Dec 28, 2008

piak piak

zedprime posted:

Going from 13 right into 13-2 is a hard marathon to maintain unless you really click into 13-2 based on the quest and sidequest structure.

I finished 13 and tried really really hard to do 13-2- but I just couldn't. I tried two different times, but it's just so, so dumb.

13-3 is also bad, but it's the least bad of the three, and it basically doesn't give many fucks about what happened in 13-2. So if you REALLY need to play more of the 13 series maybe skip 2 and go to 3.

Also is someone forcing you to play these games? Is this a Saw situation?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No I just wanted to play them because I haven't? :confused: 13 kept me mostly amused because of the combat system and what a bizarre mess the rest of the game is.
I'm probably not going to bother with any more of 13-2 unless it was just because I was playing it while ill yesterday.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

2 people who can't ride this chocobo. :colbert:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Sakurazuka posted:

No I just wanted to play them because I haven't? :confused: 13 kept me mostly amused because of the combat system and what a bizarre mess the rest of the game is.
I'm probably not going to bother with any more of 13-2 unless it was just because I was playing it while ill yesterday.

The combat balance never really gets any better (except for a huge difficulty spike in the final area) and the only real purpose of the monster system is to make you even more hilariously overpowered. If you've made it past the first Caius fight, you've seen all you really need to in order to make a judgment on whether or not the rest of the game is worth it.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

SylvainMustach posted:

I'm just about at the end of Disc 2 in VIII and I really love it. Trying to avoid guides as much as possible.

I'm pretty sure I've got the junctioning down and all that, but I can't seem to tell if any characters have specific advantages over the others or if they all play and level up the same? Also, after dicking around in the overworld I've gotten the impression that all of the monsters level up with you. Is that right or are there areas with weaker/stronger ones?
if there are any stat differences, they are so minimal as to not be worth paying attention to.

Squall has a few wierd things; he has perfect accuracy (making blind worthless against him), cannot Crit, but if you hit... I wanna say R1 while he's attacking he does more damage (essentially a critical on demand). Selphie's ultimate weapon also has perfect accuracy, but only the ultimate.

Other than that, the differences in characters come down to their limit breaks. The guys all have physical LBs, the girls all have magical LBs.

Monsters do level with you, yes. It makes low-level games a breeze.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Conan plays FFXV. I didn't watch all of it because hey, spoilers, but everything from 5:20 made me laugh. Yelling at the S-E staff :lol:

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Nov 16, 2016

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Renoistic posted:

Conan plays FFXV. I didn't watch all of it because hey, spoilers, but everything from 5:20 made me laugh. Yelling at the S-E staff :lol:

I gotta say, they might be going after the hip market by having it be on Conan, but i dunno if him talking about how boring it is to the average person who doesn't like JRPGs is gonna help it much.

that said there's a reason people either don't do video LPs of FF games or heavily edit the content.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

morallyobjected posted:

I gotta say, they might be going after the hip market by having it be on Conan, but i dunno if him talking about how boring it is to the average person who doesn't like JRPGs is gonna help it much.

that said there's a reason people either don't do video LPs of FF games or heavily edit the content.

It's Conan - the games very seldom look good in his segment.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Renoistic posted:

It's Conan - the games very seldom look good in his segment.

he never plays them well, but he usually finds something to be excited about or poke fun at. for this one he literally just talks about how nothing happens.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
The turn where he remembers that the developers have been watching in real time the whole time and he has to go talk to them made me laugh pretty hard.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I kinda want to play a solo Ringabel Bravely Default run. You guys think it's possible?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Tired Moritz posted:

I kinda want to play a solo Ringabel Bravely Default run. You guys think it's possible?

It's a jrpg, anything is possible if you grind an insane amount.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

It's possible and has been done. Ringabel is honestly the best option due to his speed.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16zZL-CQca9OPOnMKVhNf31-EZsBhMT5qRPgdxv3lswk/edit

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

morallyobjected posted:

he never plays them well, but he usually finds something to be excited about or poke fun at. for this one he literally just talks about how nothing happens.

He does have a wow at the reveal of the turtle, which I'm not sure has been seen in that detail anywhere else

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Terper posted:

It's possible and has been done. Ringabel is honestly the best option due to his speed.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16zZL-CQca9OPOnMKVhNf31-EZsBhMT5qRPgdxv3lswk/edit

So this same logic would in turn make Yew the best soloist for Bravely Second, I assume?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mordiceius posted:

And put Triple on everyone else's HIT+.

put double on everyone else's hit, put triple on everyone's speed :getin:

e: actually i think triple is the best spell to junction to luck, right?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Cleretic posted:

So this same logic would in turn make Yew the best soloist for Bravely Second, I assume?

Sure.

e: wait Yew isn't the fastest that's Magnolia isn't it

Terper fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Nov 16, 2016

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Terper posted:

Sure.

e: wait Yew isn't the fastest that's Magnolia isn't it

I think Yew took Ringabel's spot as the fastboy and Magnolia took Agnes' as the magic-user, with Tiz and Edea having their original stat spreads as the all-rounder and bruiser respectively. But I'm going off memory of my own playthrough and checking that like, once early on before I stopped caring.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I'm so excited for FF Versus XIII

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ7MwTXYLpg

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Yeah, when Noctis had an enginesword this game looked pretty awful to me.

Attaching a warp drive instead really helped. :v:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/lVP9aXb.gifv

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I'm pretty sure it was the other way around, Yew is definitely the best caster of the group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Gonna be honest here, I have no idea what the hell is going on in this gif and it makes FFXV look even cooler than it already did.