Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
i can't figure out how to
This poll is closed.
remove 69 3.49%
the 420 21.24%
poll 1488 75.27%
Total: 1977 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
3 min

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

During the event, Giuliani said that defeating the ISIS terror group was Trump's top foreign policy priority, though he did not go into specifics of the president-elect's plan. The former mayor also discussed Russia's global power and influence.

"Russia thinks it’s a military competitor, it really isn’t," Giuliani said. "It’s our unwillingness under Obama to even threaten the use of our military that makes Russia so powerful."

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Mustached Demon posted:

What did you pr?

deadlift, the best of all the lifts no doubt.

it wasnt actually anything to brag about objectively, but it was a lot for me lol so im going to feel proud

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Swan Oat posted:

it wasnt actually anything to brag about objectively, but it was a lot for me lol so im going to feel proud
deadlift is the sandwich of lifts

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.engadget.com/2016/11/15/june-oven-irl/ $1500 oven that makes jifs of youre cookery

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Swan Oat posted:

Hey in the game of pr your only opponent is yourself. Nice work.

Dead lifts do own like sandwiches yes.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

glad we can agree that deadlifts are good

this, however..... is bad http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/15/us/rat-zara-dress-trnd/index.html

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

LONDON — The government of Britain could need six more months to settle on a plan for negotiating the country’s exit from the European Union and an extra 30,000 civil servants to deal with the complexities of the task, at least according to a memo of uncertain parentage leaked to The Times of London on Tuesday.

The office of Prime Minister Theresa May poured cold water on the memo, denying reports that it was prepared for the government. “This unsolicited document has nothing to do with the government at all,” a spokesman said in a statement. “It was produced by an individual from an external accountancy firm. It has no authority, and we don’t recognize any of the claims it makes.”

Chris Grayling, secretary of state for transport, told BBC radio on Tuesday that “it’s certainly not a government report.” As for Britain’s departure from the union, known as Brexit, he said, “It’s a complex process, albeit with some simple objectives.”

The British press, already fluttery over the complications of leaving the European Union and the uncertainties of a trade deal with a President Donald J. Trump who, as a candidate, expressed opposition to free trade, seized on the memo, which The Times said was drafted on Nov. 7 by a “consultant” working for the cabinet office.

According to The Guardian, the memo was “understood” to have been written by a consultant at Deloitte and was unsolicited by the government.

Mark Smith, a spokesman for Deloitte, confirmed that, saying later: “This was a note intended primarily for internal audiences. It was not commissioned by the Cabinet Office, nor any other government department, and represents a view of the task facing Whitehall. This work was conducted without access to No. 10 or input from any other government departments.”

But the memo to a large extent said what is widely understood: The government has not yet finished its internal debate on what kind of relationship it wants with the European Union, nor has it set its priorities for any negotiation; and the cabinet remains divided between those favoring as clean a break with Brussels as possible and those who want to preserve duty-free access to the huge European market.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

extra 30,000 civil servants

Brexit job growth!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

During the event, Giuliani said that defeating the ISIS terror group was Trump's top foreign policy priority, though he did not go into specifics of the president-elect's plan. The former mayor also discussed Russia's global power and influence.

"Russia thinks it’s a military competitor, it really isn’t," Giuliani said. "It’s our unwillingness under Obama to even threaten the use of our military that makes Russia so powerful."

but hillary will start a war with russia you guys

- secretary of state rudy giuliani

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

psa: elder scrolls online are free to play on steam and ps4 from 1pm est today until 1pm est monday. xbone will get free weekend somewhen else

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

MARK ZUCKERBERG IS trying hard to convince voters that Facebook had no nefarious role in this election. But according to President-elect Donald Trump’s digital director Brad Parscale, the social media giant was massively influential—not because it was tipping the scales with fake news, but because it helped generate the bulk of the campaign’s $250 million in online fundraising.

“Our biggest incubator that allowed us to generate that money was Facebook,” says Parscale, who has been working for the campaign since before Trump officially announced his candidacy last summer. Over the course of the election cycle, Trump’s campaign funneled $90 million to Parscale’s San Antonio-based firm, most of which went toward digital advertising. And Parscale says more of that ad money went to Facebook than to any other platform.

“Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing,” he says. “Twitter for Mr. Trump. And Facebook for fundraising.”

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

ive been too busy playing skyrim to play the elder scrolls online damnit!!! (also no real inclination to get sucked into an mmo)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Swan Oat posted:

ive been too busy playing skyrim to play the elder scrolls online damnit!!! (also no real inclination to get sucked into an mmo)
its more of a single player game with chat, rather than your typical mmorpg

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Google music finally updated Cohen's status from "is" to "was" :smith:

Ohio State BOOniversity
Mar 3, 2008

PupsOfWar posted:

I've always kinda wondered why harry potter did not result in a huge glut of knockoff Wizard School books in childrens/YA publishing

given that the hunger games produced such a boom in teen dystopia novels

HP did however give impetus to children's/YA literature that was far longer. these were big books compared to, say, the box car children.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

cinci zoo sniper posted:

psa: elder scrolls online are free to play on steam and ps4 from 1pm est today until 1pm est monday. xbone will get free weekend somewhen else

final fantasy xiv is taking up most/all of my MMO time right now

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
loving Schumer

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
Wait it turns out Glenn beck was actually insane? Lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

rear end struggle posted:

there was doubt?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

rear end struggle posted:

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
No he's actually on meds now

G... Good for him

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Fox News: Literally giving the mentally unstable primetime television slots.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Jesus cured his blindness

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/politico/status/798914807130914818

Trump's cabinet picks look like, are comic book supervillains

Also did Glenn Beck officially admit he was crazy while on fox or something because lmao

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

quote:

“I’m telling you that I believe that Bannon thinks he’s either going to be the chief of staff or he’s going to be the next Roger Ailes,” Beck said
this was in February :stare:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/11/15/why-glenn-beck-really-hates-steve-bannon.html

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
we've entered a more terrifying world than I imagined possible if Glenn Beck is emerging as a voice of reason

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

we've entered a more terrifying world than I imagined possible if Glenn Beck is emerging as a voice of reason

:ssh: he's not, he's a con artist looking for a new set of marks

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Rhesus Pieces posted:

:ssh: he's not, he's a con artist looking for a new set of marks

i dont believe glenn beck is sane or stable enough to carry out this kind of calculation

he's just a weirdo who is flailing around imho

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
I am actually glenn beck

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Aeryk posted:

I am actually glenn beck
can you sign an awkward moment seal for me

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
Wouldn't you rather have this signed white board

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Aeryk posted:

I am actually glenn beck

I liked odelai

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

just had my first taco, pretty good. really liked the pepper.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Overheard: Trump is good because environmentalists are bad. Besides, who hasn't grabbed a woman by the pussy?

:yikes:

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
I don't really care if Beck is looking for a new set of rubes to fleece, so long as he keeps trying to dislodge the alt-right from its rise to power.

Give me your hucksters, your players and your haters. Your snake oil salesmen and your televangelists. Destroy the rise of the alt-right from all directions. Remember, you can shame a Republican with enough lights shined on their behavior, but you can't shame a fascist. They're proud of their monstrous nature.

Hah, wow. The redtexts are getting more and more frequent. I'm wondering if it's a mod doing it, or Russian trolls with Kremlin cash. No sane person would spend as many hundreds of dollars as this redtexting most of D&D.

Talmonis fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Nov 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Talmonis posted:

I don't really care if Beck is looking for a new set of rubes to fleece, so long as he keeps trying to dislodge the alt-right from its rise to power.

Give me your hucksters, your players and your haters. Your snake oil salesmen and your televangelists. Destroy the rise of the alt-right from all directions. Remember, you can shame a Republican with enough lights shined on their behavior, but you can't shame a fascist. They're proud of their monstrous nature.

Another custom title from the group of people who're trying to defame the d&d poc crowd?

• Locked thread