Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

He's preparing for his move to Milan

Ah, the next Montolivo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

2 months out for Barzagli :(

http://www.legaseriea.it/it/sala-stampa/notizie/info/stop-di-2-mesi-per-andrea-barzagli

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

oof that sucks. Getting old is catching up to him. More time for Rugani or Benatia?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Unrelated - it looks like Pioli is going to take over Inter, but only because Suning said so and not because any of the other directors necessarily wanted that.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

What was this about Dybala skipping physical training and playing basketball?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

What was this about Dybala skipping physical training and playing basketball?

I hope it's true, lol. I read that other than the injuries, Juve only has four first team players in training this week because everyone else is gone on international duty. Sturaro, Alex Sandro, Hernanes and Neto.

Gabbiadini and Marchisio both pulled out of training with the national side as precautionary measures; Ventura called up Gagliardini from Atalanta and Lapadula to replace them. That brings the total number of Milan players to 6 in this side (Gigio, Romagnoli, Bonaventura, Antonelli, De Sciglio, Lapadula) which is crazy, especially since Antonelli and Lapadula have barely played this season. I mean, it's Lichtenstein, but still. Also that idiot shithouse Zaza is still somehow in the side.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

I hope it's true, lol. I read that other than the injuries, Juve only has four first team players in training this week because everyone else is gone on international duty. Sturaro, Alex Sandro, Hernanes and Neto.

Gabbiadini and Marchisio both pulled out of training with the national side as precautionary measures; Ventura called up Gagliardini from Atalanta and Lapadula to replace them. That brings the total number of Milan players to 6 in this side (Gigio, Romagnoli, Bonaventura, Antonelli, De Sciglio, Lapadula) which is crazy, especially since Antonelli and Lapadula have barely played this season. I mean, it's Lichtenstein, but still. Also that idiot shithouse Zaza is still somehow in the side.

I actually just watched his penalty with sound effects the other day. Never gets old.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Inter_en/status/796007111998238720

After all of the circus, it ended up being Pioli in the end anyways

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hmm, well I hope he does insanely bad.

His first match is the derby, christ.

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Nov 8, 2016

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Zaza to Napoli in January is a thing according to gazzetta

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

I saw this too, and Gabbiadini's agent is not happy with where he is either, not that Gabbiadini was doing much lately to be honest.

It's like they're trying to get 5th.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Happy birthday capitano, I still miss you

https://www.facebook.com/JuventusEs/videos/1483725968309510/

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Simone Poodoin posted:

He's been dropped and didn't come off the bench against Stoke, instead we brought on a 22 year old we got from Barnsley who's never scored. He's gone.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Today we talked about Burlesconj and how he was Italy's Trump.

This means Trump is going to buy Palermo.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

Today we talked about Burlesconj and how he was Italy's Trump.

This means Trump is going to buy Palermo.

Trump is going to buy DC United and make them good.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I wish I could laugh about anything right now but Trump literally bought an (american) football franchise in a league competing with the NFL and his hubris and desire to one up the NFL tanked the entire league. ESPN did a documentary on it years ago. You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gz7lb0_-FY

e- Someone post some serie a shennanigans as a palate cleanser

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Seltzer posted:

I wish I could laugh about anything right now but Trump literally bought an (american) football franchise in a league competing with the NFL and his hubris and desire to one up the NFL tanked the entire league. ESPN did a documentary on it years ago. You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gz7lb0_-FY

e- Someone post some serie a shennanigans as a palate cleanser

Yeah. The funny thing is, if he didn't loving try to COMPETE with the NFL, it really could have taken off. And it wasn't the XFL or whatever bullshit that was.

Also, Trump would buy Galaxy because he only invests in "winners" and D.C. united is kinda poo poo.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Galliani just confirmed that he's leaving the club in a few weeks. His last few years were pretty trash but he was working on a non existent budget and was probably held back by things we never knew (and wont know) about in the board room and directors room. I hope he enjoys his big retirement and I'll try to remember him as the guy that gave us this instead of the Mesbah's, Emersons and Emanuelsson's of the world:

https://twitter.com/PopoloRossoner/status/797120244955357188

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

No updates for a few days due to the international break, but today's newspapers are talking about a Donnarumma to Juventus thing as the nautral heir of Buffon. Normally I'd discount it but not the year they got Pjanic and Higuain, tbh.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

canepazzo posted:

No updates for a few days due to the international break, but today's newspapers are talking about a Donnarumma to Juventus thing as the nautral heir of Buffon. Normally I'd discount it but not the year they got Pjanic and Higuain, tbh.

I'd say that Milan's project is potentially more enticing than anything Napoli and Roma had to offer at the time.

Also it's simply a much bigger club. There isn't the same history or precedent of Milan (or Inter for that matter) selling their star players to Juventus. I don't see it happening.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

GreatestLurker posted:

I'd say that Milan's project is potentially more enticing than anything Napoli and Roma had to offer at the time.

Also it's simply a much bigger club. There isn't the same history or precedent of Milan (or Inter for that matter) selling their star players to Juventus. I don't see it happening.

Just kidding as it was a free transfer, but I get what you mean; however, Milan's project is still in the potentially stage. I'd argue that at least this or next year, Napoli or Roma are more likely to be playing UCL still, while Milan will probably be still fighting for UEL with us poor shits in purple (maybe).

Also, Milan's purchase from the Chinese is still in that song and dance phase of "closing next month at the latest" that has lasted 2 and a half years; even Inter with their Chinese owners are not improving that much. I don't think Milan getting back to the elite of european football is gonna happen very soon. They will, I think, but not before the next 3-5 years.

Add to that that Raiola is Donnarumma's agent...

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
Pirlo wasn't really that important to Milan at the time, what with Allegri not really knowing how to/wanting to use him.

I agree, there are a lot of big 'what ifs'.

quote:

even Inter with their Chinese owners are not improving that much.

That had more to do with the owners, mostly Thohir, betting on the wrong horse(coach), and then not giving him enough time to really do anything. With the spending power that they have available (45 mio. euros for Joao Mario ffs), which far outweighs anything Napoli and Roma can dream about at this point, it's really a question of when the pieces will fall into place - if not, you're looking at a Malaga-situation.
If the Chinese interested in Milan are anything like Suning (which, to be fair, I've heard rumors that they aren't - that it's more like a consortium interested in financial gain contra investing), it'll be the same situation within a short period of time.

Donnarumma is essential to the Italian-based youth-project (Locatelli, Calabria and himself) that they have been working towards for a number of years now - selling them to their, historically, biggest rivals completely nullifies that.

GreatestLurker fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Nov 15, 2016

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I obviously hope it doesn't happen, but I also think that Gigio isn't going to move where he isn't guaranteed to play.

When Buffon retires I could see it happening if he's still at this level.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

I obviously hope it doesn't happen, but I also think that Gigio isn't going to move where he isn't guaranteed to play.

When Buffon retires I could see it happening if he's still at this level.

I agree with this, I just don't see it happening (yet)

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I'm beginning to doubt that Buffon will ever retire.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Nostradingus posted:

I'm beginning to doubt that Buffon will ever retire.

This. I want him to be the longest playing person ever.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Ballardini: "The President stated that he had given me a good team that he expected to be in the top ten and that I needed to play them in a certain way."

Zamps please. Imagine being that deluded, that this squad, which is even weaker than last years, is somehow supposed to finish in the better half of Serie A.

and yet

Would Ballardini ever go back?

"Well, I would enjoy it a lot. I used to go onto the field with confidence and enthusiasm.

They are wonderful guys at Palermo. I often return to town, everybody knows that. I live there most of the year with my family."

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Woodenlung posted:

Ballardini: "The President stated that he had given me a good team that he expected to be in the top ten and that I needed to play them in a certain way."

I'm not even kidding, I still couldnt' tell you who half of Palermo's players are. What an insane statement.

Romagnoli is probably going to be out for the derby because he picked up an injury playing against Germany. Since this team is made of glass and the other defenders are all poo poo I expect Icardi will get multiple goals.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Gigi Galli posted:

I'm not even kidding, I still couldnt' tell you who half of Palermo's players are. What an insane statement.

Romagnoli is probably going to be out for the derby because he picked up an injury playing against Germany. Since this team is made of glass and the other defenders are all poo poo I expect Icardi will get multiple goals.

That is quite a statement.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Mid season frustrations.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

This was spotted at the New York Marathon

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

M bison yes

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Soulex posted:

mods please and thank you

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Soulex posted:

Bahahahaha a world-wide value held in high regard.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Romagnoli didn't even train today and is definitely out for the derby. Gomez decided to miss his connecting flight from Paraguay and missed training as well :thumbsup:

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

Romagnoli didn't even train today and is definitely out for the derby. Gomez decided to miss his connecting flight from Paraguay and missed training as well :thumbsup:

Would you reckon that means Zapata's playing, or that it's not going to have an effect?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

GreatestLurker posted:

Would you reckon that means Zapata's playing, or that it's not going to have an effect?

Tough to say, but I don't think it will come down to Gomez missing a flight. Gomez is pretty poo poo but Zapata hasn't even played this season since he's been injured. He's fit but this is a hell of a game to come back to. I honestly don't know.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/799336644931371008

We'll finally get to see who owns Milan

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

I thought this meant they were closing as a team for a second and was like "and nothing of value was lost."

Let's see who the roulette wheel lands on, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I fell back asleep watching Chievo and Cagliari and then I accidentally answered the door when some Jehovah's witnesses rang and woke me up. I blame the entire city of Verona, the cunts.

• Locked thread