Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Okay now reroll it to try to max its quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Since we're on the cards topic, reddit seems to be all over defpen cards now. I'm pretty happy with my current setup, should I try and work 1-2 defpen cards into it?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah Defense Penetration is the best offensive stat so get that if you can without gimping your SCD too much. Also keep in mind the cap for Defense Penetration is 50%.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

punchymcpunch posted:

Ms Marvel / Ms Marvel Jr / Death of Captain Marvel epic quest / Mar-Vell / Shazam patch incoming.

The very first comic I ever bought was Silver Surfer 63.

So even though by the time I got into comics, Mar-Vell was already gone, that comic solidified him and Silver Surfer as my #1 Marvel heroes. Now I'm resigned to never being able to buy a comic about Mar-Vell, but then you go and say something like this and get me all emotionally on edge...

I guess what I'm trying to say is strong men also cry, Mr Lebowski. Strong men also cry...

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yay

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
No 5* rank up? FML.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Those 6 star tickets are good for all my 4 star characters with bios that are impossible to get. 😑

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Need more T2 tickets. Go back to handing those out like candy, Netmarble!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I started playing this because a friend told me to. I'm only like 2 days in but instead of Loki for my 6 star I picked Squirrel Girl. Is this bad? Did I do bad?

I really like her because she has the powers of squirrels and girls. And my hero journey is Spider-Man because I like him too. Should I start getting a Loki?

Edit: And I was doing really good so I started exploring all the other things and then I hit Shadowlands without knowing what it was. I lasted 4 seconds.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Nov 16, 2016

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Six star Loki is the ultimate gateway drug.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I've been getting my 20 free biometrics and I've spent them on Carnage and Hyperion because I read that it's the only way to get them without paying. Now I've got 20 more today. Should I just spend them wherever or is there something I should also get or?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

I started playing this because a friend told me to. I'm only like 2 days in but instead of Loki for my 6 star I picked Squirrel Girl. Is this bad? Did I do bad?

I really like her because she has the powers of squirrels and girls. And my hero journey is Spider-Man because I like him too. Should I start getting a Loki?

Edit: And I was doing really good so I started exploring all the other things and then I hit Shadowlands without knowing what it was. I lasted 4 seconds.

Get Loki, save up crystals and buy her sex change uni next sale, farm Ronan to lead her; maybe farm Phil Coulson in story, there is your one team

Saxophone posted:

I've been getting my 20 free biometrics and I've spent them on Carnage and Hyperion because I read that it's the only way to get them without paying. Now I've got 20 more today. Should I just spend them wherever or is there something I should also get or?

Carnage would be the best min/max choice for monthly selectors; Hype is a tier below but still good enough to justify spending on if for some reason you're really into fake Superman

Definitely focus on one though, never any reason in this game to spread your resources around

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

You're fine. 6 star Loki is primarily a thing for once you're doing max level stuff. You've got plenty of time to get him (and then her) You did something less than min/maxed picking both easily farmed characters, but you can also use all of the hero's journey rewards on other characters (like loki!) and just farm Spiderman the old fashioned way.

Hell when I started playing the game used a slightly different system (a free 3 star I think, heroes journey, and when you lost a mission the first time a free 4 star)
I chose Vision, Thor, Winter Soldier respectively.
Especially with shadowlands, the more maxed characters you wind up with the better. The game is very generous with free stuff so the worst you've done is slowed down how fast you advance in World Bosses and Alliance Battles. World Bosses especially doesn't matter since you need a roster of 8ish 6 star dudes just to do it starting out.

Mechayahiko
May 27, 2011

Doctor Rope
I'm having a bit of trouble with the WB and Shadowlands. I have Carnage and Loki but I am not sure how to stat them.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Mechayahiko posted:

I'm having a bit of trouble with the WB and Shadowlands. I have Carnage and Loki but I am not sure how to stat them.

World Boss is the first thing to focus on tackling before moving on to Shadowlands, imo. Shadowlands requires a really deep roster of 6* to get anywhere. I can't do squat in SL yet.

WB still requires investing in a few characters to even have one capable team. Do you have a good leader for Loki and a set of good strikers?

Mechayahiko
May 27, 2011

Doctor Rope
My T2s are Ancient one, Captain Sharon, Mockingbird

6 Stars: Spider Gwen, Hyperion, Carnage, Loki, Captain Marvel, Colson, Wiccan, Gwenpool, Silk, Yellowjacket and Groot.

I can usually get 1 WB win a day using Captain Sharon, Ancient One and Spider-Gwen.

Does level, Isos and such matter for Strikers? Most of my guys are still under geared as well.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

You should get some decent teams together. I use Sharon with Cap America and 13, YJ with Ant Man and Giant man, Loki with a Ronan lead and Coulson, Iron fist with T2 Groot... Leadership and team bonus matter more than gear on your strikes. Don't just throw together a bunch of strong characters.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Level and ISOs do matter for strikers, but it's not super game changing. You have some good leaders in Ancient One, Hyperion, Wiccan, and Captain Marvel.

Captain Marvel lead, Loki, Coulson should be another easy clear. Ancient One, Sharon, Wiccan, Hyperion YJ strikers. You probably have a third clear in there with what you have left.

It might just come down to gears and mastery levels. Mastery increases stats by a ton. I didn't realize that at first, I thought it just increased the leadership bonus.

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

Leadership and team bonus matter more than gear on your strikes. Don't just throw together a bunch of strong characters.

Also this is very good advice.

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Nov 16, 2016

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Nico and Sing T2 done. I guess I'll do Black Bolt next, instead of She-Hulk.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I almost felt bad watching the inhumane things Dr Strange does on autoplay to a full T2 Team Pym. Bah gawd, the humanity. :bahgawd:

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT
So save up the 4200 BAM for Strange or stop at 1600 to 6* Proxima Midnight? That 4200 is gonna take a looong time.

dabre_aiamim
Oct 23, 2008
Lipstick Apathy

MonkeyBot posted:

So save up the 4200 BAM for Strange or stop at 1600 to 6* Proxima Midnight? That 4200 is gonna take a looong time.

Proxima first, especially if you don't have any of the Black Order. After that you can see if you want to try to get a second BO for world boss striker help or sink it all in to Strange.

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT

dabre_aiamim posted:

Proxima first, especially if you don't have any of the Black Order. After that you can see if you want to try to get a second BO for world boss striker help or sink it all in to Strange.

That's kinda my thought I just wanted other input, she's currently 5/4/55. I can do Proxima, Corvus and Supergiant 5 times usually. For some reason Black Dwarf gives me trouble and I haven't tried a full 5 clear on Ebony Maw yet. Thanos is is still an unknown quantity, I avoid him just because I never had success in the past. Need to start doing him again.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

MonkeyBot posted:

That's kinda my thought I just wanted other input, she's currently 5/4/55. I can do Proxima, Corvus and Supergiant 5 times usually. For some reason Black Dwarf gives me trouble and I haven't tried a full 5 clear on Ebony Maw yet. Thanos is is still an unknown quantity, I avoid him just because I never had success in the past. Need to start doing him again.

Black Dwarf is a huge piece of poo poo and you'll probably be 5 clearing Thanos before him because of it.

gently caress you black dwarf i am NEVER leveling you >8(

Ebony Maw however is basically god tier now. I think the only character that clears WB/SL stages faster than him is Thanos. He is absolutely hilarious now.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
You can get any character to 5* if you can clear up to floor 15 each week, which isn't a huge ask

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

MonkeyBot posted:

Thanos has a weirdly backwards difficulty curve where his first phase is probably going to give you more trouble than his second or third, just because his first phase only has like two attacks and there's nothing that says he can't pick the same attack over and over again so maybe he'll just stunpunch you 4 times in a row and lol, whoops you're dead now.

Black Dwarf is a dick and I recommend not giving a poo poo about him.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Saint Freak posted:

Thanos has a weirdly backwards difficulty curve where his first phase is probably going to give you more trouble than his second or third, just because his first phase only has like two attacks and there's nothing that says he can't pick the same attack over and over again so maybe he'll just stunpunch you 4 times in a row and lol, whoops you're dead now.

No, Thanos' first phase has a pattern that he repeats over and over.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Saint Freak posted:

Black Dwarf is a dick and I recommend not giving a poo poo about him.

Thanos's first phase does the red cone pull you in and strip your buffs punch, followed by the stun punch. It repeats this 3 times. Then he does the jump attack three times. Then he sends out a blue ball of buff stripping. Then back to the beginning and he repeats this over and over until phase two.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Clawtopsy posted:

You can get any character to 5* if you can clear up to floor 15 each week, which isn't a huge ask

Is there a spreadsheet or something that tells you which chars are good for which modes in SL? It seems like I get nowhere in SL when I'm not using a T2.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

b0ng posted:

Is there a spreadsheet or something that tells you which chars are good for which modes in SL? It seems like I get nowhere in SL when I'm not using a T2.

Non-exhaustive list of characters who can own an SL stage at T1:

Giant-Man (I use him plus two chumps for buffs for Stage 1)
Shang-Chi
Spider-Man with dodge ignore obelisk vs Rocket Boss
Carnage (can do a rumble if you get lucky with the timings of his moves)
Ronan (universal relay)
Loki (can do pretty much anything, is better than most T2s)
Wasp+Nico (can do a rumble)
Lincoln (keep trying til you get lucky with dodges/timing, but it's sheer torture)
Crossbones-Skulldad-Sin (did a late destroyer stage with them, they're pretty good. Switch around a lot to abuse invulnerability and heals)
Wiccan (can do a rumble)
Songbird (I think I've done a rumble with her)

By own, I mean they do most of the work but I do have team mates to switch to for heals etc. If you're trying to do a rumble with T1s, it's possible but will take lots of tries and you'll hate it and yourself.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Seems like the main discussion right now is what to use my shiny new 6 star ticket on. I have a 6 star Loki, a 5 star Sharron Rodgers, and am Hero's Journeying Iron Fist. I am about 5 days in, who should I be using my new ticket on?

Thanks!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Sharon Rogers

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Ok. Thanks!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

punchymcpunch posted:

Non-exhaustive list of characters who can own an SL stage at T1:

Giant-Man (I use him plus two chumps for buffs for Stage 1)
Shang-Chi
Spider-Man with dodge ignore obelisk vs Rocket Boss
Carnage (can do a rumble if you get lucky with the timings of his moves)
Ronan (universal relay)
Loki (can do pretty much anything, is better than most T2s)
Wasp+Nico (can do a rumble)
Lincoln (keep trying til you get lucky with dodges/timing, but it's sheer torture)
Crossbones-Skulldad-Sin (did a late destroyer stage with them, they're pretty good. Switch around a lot to abuse invulnerability and heals)
Wiccan (can do a rumble)
Songbird (I think I've done a rumble with her)

By own, I mean they do most of the work but I do have team mates to switch to for heals etc. If you're trying to do a rumble with T1s, it's possible but will take lots of tries and you'll hate it and yourself.

I hear T1 Green Goblin without the uniform can do the destroyer boss stage, and Ghost Rider with the uniform can handle the universal relay stage? Also my Kamala can do a combat relay pretty easily. Also yellowjacket

fart simpson fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Nov 17, 2016

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Oops, forgot GR. Yeah he owns universal relay.

What's your Kamalah secret, mine just dies a lot?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

punchymcpunch posted:

What's your Kamalah secret,

This is mine:

She has trouble later on and can't deal with the DPS from the third person in a rumble but I've soloed combat relay up to stage 4 with her.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

punchymcpunch posted:

Oops, forgot GR. Yeah he owns universal relay.

What's your Kamalah secret, mine just dies a lot?

20/20/20/20 gears and

Only registered members can see post attachments!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

OK I think I know what I'm doing wrong!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

With an obelisk like that, and good use of Kamala's iframe, I can pretty easily beat a lower level combat relay without any teammates selected at all. Just her.

• Locked thread