Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

necroid posted:

I'm still on page 6350 but can you retards stop posting at/against/about somebody who obviously isn't real and is just saying all the things that you obviously want to hear? It's pathetic and you all look way too eager to become the rescuers of a rich 18yo chick from Norway

nerds

Its easy to snigger in retrospect. Not all of us have put the entire Deloria personality under a microscope...

e: Jones The Catte Tax

Mr Fronts fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Nov 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deloria
Sep 15, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MeLKoR posted:

Buy as many as you can, bitcoin is going to the moon. But don't put all your eggs in one basket, you should diversify your investment with some Ethereum and Litecoin as well.

Bitcoin feels like a mafia thing tbh. We dont have paymaent machines in norway so you have to meet ppl in person really.

True story: I bought some on ebay but they didnt deliver it so I had to do the paypal refund thing. I tihnk BTC scamming is a big deal.
Paypal gets moody when its a digital thing and they were like *we don't support this* but in the end they paid back because it was guaranteed on ebay.

In the end I just went feck it and met a guy in a bar - expecting him to be like some Mr Robot hacker - but he looked more like Gandalf, only he didn't know any magic tricks.

tl;dr I have officially retired from Bitcoin. It forces you to meet your heroes and then learn they are called Olaf from Stavanger.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Funny parallels there, don't you think?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Before I go to bed, I want you to know that I too have done some modeling in the past. Yes, even nude modeling where I'm fully exposed.

So I'm going to give this to you here, only this once, in honor of the rough night with Deloria. Consider this a sort of "get well, sailor!" package.

:nws:

Props :eyepop:

Shiny props. :)

I'd keelhaul that. :heysexy:

*insert other joke about dutch rudder*

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Maw posted:

Was 14 when she originally backed, 4 years ago.

Wait a minute! She needs to prove she is 18 and backed when she was 14 and that she was actually 14 when she backed! Otherwise it is just foul Goon FUD! Star Citizen has only been in development since next year!

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal

Thirsty Dog posted:

Marching Powder was right

:(

He was right all along. :ssh:
Let us not disturb the citzen terrarium.

f e: this thread is a joy to read in my spare time and theAgent leaks genuinely get better with each one.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

The Titanic posted:

Before I go to bed, I want you to know that I too have done some modeling in the past. Yes, even nude modeling where I'm fully exposed.

So I'm going to give this to you here, only this once, in honor of the rough night with Deloria. Consider this a sort of "get well, sailor!" package.

dat gurl sank face down aft up know what i'm sayin. showin everything below the waterline

i'd wreck that poo poo like an iceberg

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Deloria posted:

I'm not sure how to answer the last one. I don't duck responsiility if thats what you mean?

I'm sorry, but ducking responsibility is pretty much exactly what you are doing right now.
You made a mistake (like many of us did) by backing a game that will never exist, but you still have an opportunity to ask for a refund. Not asking for a refund is the most irresponsible thing you could do right now (except for throwing in even more money).

Life rarely gives you a chance to fix your past mistakes in this manner. Grow up, take responsibility and get your money back while you can.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNzrem4U298

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Never stop pledging IMO. Chris hungers, his ravenous appetite for whale meat can never be truly slaked, only temporary suspended by designer tables and expensive vacations.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Deloria posted:

OMG you guys!

This level of paranoid attention would be adorable if it wasn't so creepy :)

Thanks for finding my bitcoin thing btw- I seriously need help with that :|

Obviously as 30 year old man its rly important I can pass as a 21 year old with a fake ID :)

Dude, it's getting creepy now. It's cool, we all roleplay online, just you know, in games mostly, not on forums.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

:eyepop:

Do you have a sister ship?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Zzr posted:

Hi poo poo eater. After 5 years of dev, what do you like the most in the game actually released ?

Behave yourself. That sort of thing is completely uncalled for (AND plays into the Citizen stereotype of Goons as surly, illmannered boors).

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Decrepus posted:

Dude, insensitive. She died in the war.

Deloria posted:

tl;dr I have officially retired from Bitcoin. It forces you to meet your heroes and then learn they are called Chris from Norway.

Nobody thinks you're a hero.

Nickiepoo fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Nov 16, 2016

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Samizdata posted:

Behave yourself. That sort of thing is completely uncalled for (AND plays into the Citizen stereotype of Goons as surly, illmannered boors).

That poster has said in the past they actually eat pieces of poo poo for breakfast

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Sandweed posted:

I had to fight 2 polar bear on my way to work today. Never leave home without your rifle as my dad used to say.

Stop stealing our polar bears :argh:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

kikkelivelho posted:

This Deloria character seemed super suspicious from the start so I decided to go investigating. Based on what I've now seen I can say with some confidence that my hunch was right.

Consider this: Over the past 4 years Deloria has started to regret her Star Citizen investment. Look at her posts on the last few pages: She claims to love Star Citizen, but if you look at what she's actually saying it's clear that she no longer believes. She wants her money out but understands that taking a refund would not only be extremely selfish, but would also directly hurt Chris and the 300+ devs currently hard at work on Star Citizen. In order to avoid blame and guilt Delorian creates a plan that will rid her of all responsibility.

Phase 1: Deloria posts a highly critical thread on the CIG forums and makes a number of unreasonable claims concerning the project. The backers, understandably worn and stressed by recent events, pile on her and call her a troll and a moron. Imho harsh but fair. Now the first part of the plan is complete: by attacking Deloria the Star Citizen community has now proven that it is toxic and unreasonable. phase 1 complete.

Phase 2: Delorean starts to post on the Something Awful forums. She makes a token effort to defend Star Citizen and the goons, as expected, immediately start their attack. Deloria makes a "valiant" effort to defend Chris and Star Citizen, but in the end it is all in vain. The official forums have exiled her and now the goons are coercing her into taking a refund.

Now hated by her fellow citizens and pressured by evil goons, Deloria has no other choice but to take a refund, after all she is no longer welcome in the community and tainted by the goons. And so she is free to rob CIG of their hard earned money without feeling any guilt or burden for doing so, after all it was the toxic community and the goons, rather than greed and selfishness that forced her hand.

Concerned citizen my rear end.

Talk about toxic... :sigh:

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

The Titanic posted:

Also thank you very much for this derail, it got us talking about something other than the village idiot/troll for a little bit. And this was just cute as gently caress.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/356083/possible-future-pets

This guys got it right. While everyone else is demanding refunds or running for life rafts this dude is focussing on the true essence of Star citizen. Anyway he's right, word has come from on high to drop the emergency sq42 prelude and character trailers, stop work on 2.6 and 3. Put Star marine on hold and all dev staff to begin creating and implementing mocapped gerbils. ...What a loving tool

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Deloria posted:

Bitcoin feels like a mafia thing tbh. We dont have paymaent machines in norway so you have to meet ppl in person really.

I can see how this is a problem for you.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

The Titanic posted:

No officer, I never once swabbed her poop deck!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Propagandist posted:

Also thank you very much for this derail, it got us talking about something other than the village idiot/troll for a little bit. And this was just cute as gently caress.

:hfive:

Got your back to try to recover from the creepy. :)

I've enjoyed the responses, they've made me laugh more than a few times this morning!

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Decrepus posted:

:nws: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMHS_Britannic :nws:

:nws: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Olympic :nws:

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

DapperDon posted:

No officer, I never once swabbed her poop deck!

I was going to laugh at you naval idiots for thinking that the Titanic had a Poop deck but it turns out that it was actually one of the last ships built (of its type) that did and now I'm the idiot instead.

DIED IN THE WAR. Dude, come on.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

i heard there was some good shipping fanfic on these lovely liners

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

EightAce posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/356083/possible-future-pets

This guys got it right. While everyone else is demanding refunds or running for life rafts this dude is focussing on the true essence of Star citizen. Anyway he's right, word has come from on high to drop the emergency sq42 prelude and character trailers, stop work on 2.6 and 3. Put Star marine on hold and all dev staff to begin creating and implementing mocapped gerbils. ...What a loving tool

i want to see a mocapped gerbil

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Knots (everything about it)

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

:golfclap:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Gradis posted:

i want to see a mocapped gerbil

CR wants to do everything better than COD and they've had mocapped dogs for ages now. It's the only logical strategy.

I'm personally holding out for a mocapped octopus.

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy
'No Man's Sky' Designer Quietly Leaves Hello Games To Work On 'Star Citizen'

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/no-mans-sky-designer-quietly-leaves-hello-games-work-star-citizen-568549

Edit: woops, old news! I can't keep up with even a day of this thread

Goblin fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Nov 16, 2016

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

I.N.R.I posted:

Please call or visit your parents wherever possible. They raised you with care and love and they would like to hear about how you're getting on in life and the things you're getting up to etc. Life's far too short to let cherished relationships fade away

That doesn't make sense.
Fading is a function of time.
The shorter the time, the less fading there is.

Gimmick guy, i want my money back!

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Goblin posted:

'No Man's Sky' Designer Quietly Leaves Hello Games To Work On 'Star Citizen'

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/no-mans-sky-designer-quietly-leaves-hello-games-work-star-citizen-568549

Edit: woops, old news! I can't keep up with even a day of this thread

Don't worry literally nothing interesting has happened in the thread since this was last discussed anyway.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Deloria posted:

True story: I bought some on ebay but they didnt deliver it so I had to do the paypal refund thing. I tihnk BTC scamming is a big deal.
Paypal gets moody when its a digital thing and they were like *we don't support this* but in the end they paid back because it was guaranteed on ebay.

In the end I just went feck it and met a guy in a bar - expecting him to be like some Mr Robot hacker - but he looked more like Gandalf, only he didn't know any magic tricks.

tl;dr I have officially retired from Bitcoin. It forces you to meet your heroes and then learn they are called Olaf from Stavanger.

You can type "gently caress" you know.

Hey everyone I'm starting a little venture. Yknow how fiat currency is just a state of mind

Well

Tanecoin

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
One thing about the mocap is the people actually doing it move really unnaturally, like they themselves are lovely, stilted "actors". Even if CR gave good direction, nothing that comes out of this process for SC will look good.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

You can type "gently caress" you know.

Hey everyone I'm starting a little venture. Yknow how fiat currency is just a state of mind

Well

Tanecoin

Can I generate a "nude" Tanecoin?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

The_Titanic is my kind of girl - she went down on her virgin cruise.

StraightFace
Feb 9, 2014

Samizdata posted:

Star Citizen has only been in development since next year!

Next thread title pls

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

D1E posted:

The_Titanic is my kind of girl - she went down on her virgin cruise.

Oh man

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

Wait Deloria is this Deloria?

:nws: possibly :nws:
2014 *Deloria - Space Pirate!* Calender
:nws: possibly :nws:

I remember this.

Yeah. The hilarity is that HeShe put $6.4K into Star Citizen, but is asking for $10K to make a calendar. Priorities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Fain80 posted:

And the 18 year old, former 14 year old creator of 3D nudes, also has something like $1,400 in SotA and $1,500 in Crowfall. Although apparently it's not a shock to him/her to receive $300 Internet spaceship presents from strange men on the internet in your early teens.

3D nude creation business is a profitable venture.

• Locked thread