Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Another cliffhanger... :smith:
A good chapter.

Holy poo poo is that the Monarch? I'm behind on Venture Bros., but man some weird stuff must've happened.

There's no way I'm reading that as anything but Butterfly dicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

New chapter.
Haven't read it yet. Let's find out together, shall we?

Flashy Flash :syoon:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Smile Man's expression.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I forgot how harsh the cliffhangers could be.

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Murata might be a good artist. Maybe.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I was very much into Bone but then my friend Flashy Flash arrived

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Moltrey posted:

His mastery of hashtags is a big part of his online popularity.

JD
Jan 11, 2003
Is this Murata "filler"?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

JD posted:

Is this Murata "filler"?

"Yes"

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It fills my eyes with wonder

The dude sure can draw man-candy

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i like bone

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Flashy Flash, also known as Narcissistoic.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I liked when his name was translated as Lightspeed Flash, it sounded better.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
It's me, I'm the nerd who is still upset the translators didn't notice his name is a direct parallel to Speed of Sound Sonic. His name should be Speed of Light Flash, darn it!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

gnome7 posted:

It's me, I'm the nerd who is still upset the translators didn't notice his name is a direct parallel to Speed of Sound Sonic. His name should be Speed of Light Flash, darn it!

Flashy Flash works for that though, it's totally dumb and redundant. Except unlike a certain tryhard ninja he doesn't go around calling himself that.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
It should have been Supersonic Sonic and FTL Flash

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

I too am in 100% for :yohoho:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Moltrey posted:

Yes very much this. The panel of Flash reflected in the giant octopus's eye while he stabbed it was great. Still as cool as all that was it dosn't take away the sting of not being the Garou Watchdog Man fight.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

JD posted:

Is this Murata "filler"?

Any moment when Saitama is out of costume, KING is nowhere to be seen, or Genos is not on screen getting owned is 100% canonically filler.

EmmyOk posted:

Yes very much this. The panel of Flash reflected in the giant octopus's eye while he stabbed it was great. Still as cool as all that was it dosn't take away the sting of not being the Garou Watchdog Man fight.

It has to have happened off screen, for the joke to work when we come back.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The chapter end cuts in this are so harsh that I always think it's like the early 2000s and I downloaded a zip file full of scanned pages that is just missing stuff.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Part of me wants to be upset but there's no rushing murata, he can take all the time he needs, imo.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

im not gay atm but those are some pretty handsome dudes

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Part of me wants to be upset but there's no rushing murata, he can take all the time he needs, imo.

I'm just worried because season 2 is starting soon

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Mordaedil posted:

I'm just worried because season 2 is starting soon

I'm not super worried, because this probably means he's just working on the anime.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
But we don't have enough material unless they suddenly go over to One material.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I believe in Murata.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The pacing doesn't really bother me, it just always feels like one page got left off at the end of a chapter.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Radish posted:

The pacing doesn't really bother me, it just always feels like one page got left off at the end of a chapter.

Maybe that's intended? Seems like Murata always leaves us wanting more, which is a good thing. He's skilled at creating a compelling cliffhanger.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I guess what I'm saying is it doesn't feel like a cliffhanger, just that it's literally cutting out mid-action. I don't really know how to explain it other than it feels like a page got cut off and I'm surprised when I click on next page and get the "this chapter is not yet released" note. I don't really get that feeling with any other series.

I'm still digging the comic but it's just an observation I've been slowly noticing.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Radish posted:

I'm still digging the comic but it's just an observation I've been slowly noticing.
Agreed, it's a valid observation and I would love to see more action whenever possible. But when it comes to Murata, I'd rather have quality over quantity. Takes time to draw somebody like Flashy Flash. :c00l:

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
this arc is soooooo booooooring

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Law Cheetah posted:

ok.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
jesus this art

:worship:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Law Cheetah posted:

*sees a hot guy show up and do cool poo poo*

"so boring"

what the heck

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Isn't it Murata copying ONE's style when the chapter ends abruptly like that? He didn't have a hand in 100 Mob Psycho and it happens all the time in that comic.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

As much as I'm enjoying what's going on so far and love Bone and this art and this cool action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1YmS_VDvMY

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

RULES OF NATUUUUURRREEEE

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

tap my mountain posted:

Isn't it Murata copying ONE's style when the chapter ends abruptly like that? He didn't have a hand in 100 Mob Psycho and it happens all the time in that comic.
Yeah, it's really just how ONE does cliffhangers. He has a really different writing style from the usual shonen stuff.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Waffleman_ posted:

As much as I'm enjoying what's going on so far and love Bone and this art and this cool action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1YmS_VDvMY

yeah the actual chapter content is fine but this pacing is rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
It has to be padded out so the anime can cut off right before the Monster Association really starts unfortunately.