Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Woah that's pretty great

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
This is why I love Record Keeper.

The Ragnarok and Apocalypse help :v:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
That banner is cute as gently caress.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

pilgrim tyro :3:

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

pilgrim tyro :3:

Needs to be a wardrobe record.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Needs to be a wardrobe record.

A thousand times this :3:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

10 days of 5 Mythril = 50 mythril = one more pull on Onion Knight if needed, yeah boy.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

What if we get another Black Friday pull?

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Armitage posted:

What if we get another Black Friday pull?

Ask and you shall receive...

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT

Jedi425 posted:

I had one MCII lode (somehow, I mastered the Behemoth FFXIII fight, I don't even know how) , so I dropped it on Cloud. Thanks for this, I didn't even know there were RMs that let you start with a bar of soul break. That makes all the talk of using Shout for everything make way more sense. With any luck, I can scrape up another MCII soon.

No problems.

Nightmares are open now, so see if you can cheese some of the 40 stamina bosses, they all drop MCII lodes.

Try Ark, from the Neo Bahamut record dungeon. It's weak to wind, and you have access to the strongest wind attack. RW Wall, slap Lifesiphon on Cloud, let Ramza build up a Shout, and then once Cloud has three bars ready, pop shout and launch 3 consecutive finishing touches. You'll also need to pack power break / power breakdown on somebody to get the lode.

e: what the hell even is black friday

Inge fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Nov 16, 2016

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Man a burst lucky draw seems amazing, even if it's not half price. Here's hoping I get something good off that. My pipe dream is that it would be multiple draws at full price, but I doubt that highly.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

KnoxZone posted:

Calling it now, a bunch of people will just get 1st Fusion Swords

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I tried Necrophobe once, but had the twin problems of needing more mitigation on the barriers and not having enough damage to actually deal against Necrophobe himself. (According to some back-of-the-envelope calculations my hones will run out before its health pool.) Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of damage-dealing capabilities beyond the breakdowns themselves. Here's what I tried (and botched with).

Faris has Kindred Spirit, Gordon has Goddess's Bell, Tyro has the Sentinel's and Cyclone Grimoires, and Wakka (only at level 27, though I can egg him up) has Attack Reels. (Edward also has Song of Swiftness but I doubt that's at all useful given the counters.) Should I wait to build up more abilities (like Thief's Revenge)? Grab some more relics in the upcoming banners? Hone existing stuff (like Sapphire Shot, which is only at R1 right now)? Remove the KO-resist accessories in exchange for something else? Grab Carbuncle and otherwise shuffle abilities around?

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

KnoxZone posted:

Now if they release Mog's Earth Bell, I'll love DeNa forever.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

KnoxZone posted:

:catstare:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

KnoxZone posted:

:aaaaa:

I don't even care if I get dupes, that's a flippin BSB lucky draw

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

AweStriker posted:

Calling it now, a bunch of people will just get 1st Fusion Swords

Nah, Tiny Bees.

As a fair warning, it doesn't say that it's half-price, so yeah. Still, that's insane value for mythril.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Vinuskar can eat my butt

Aoe spamming motherfucker.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

IcePhoenix posted:

:aaaaa:

I don't even care if I get dupes, that's a flippin BSB lucky draw

It's not really a lucky draw, it's not half price. But a guaranteed bsb is still pretty great.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
So I just downloaded this game, I take it I should stockpile my mythril for pulls on Black Friday rather than just once I hit 50, as the OP suggests? Also, is there any guide out there for equipment selling/forging/whatever, or is that something I should just ignore for the time being?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

NGDBSS posted:

I tried Necrophobe once, but had the twin problems of needing more mitigation on the barriers and not having enough damage to actually deal against Necrophobe himself. (According to some back-of-the-envelope calculations my hones will run out before its health pool.) Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of damage-dealing capabilities beyond the breakdowns themselves. Here's what I tried (and botched with).

Faris has Kindred Spirit, Gordon has Goddess's Bell, Tyro has the Sentinel's and Cyclone Grimoires, and Wakka (only at level 27, though I can egg him up) has Attack Reels. (Edward also has Song of Swiftness but I doubt that's at all useful given the counters.) Should I wait to build up more abilities (like Thief's Revenge)? Grab some more relics in the upcoming banners? Hone existing stuff (like Sapphire Shot, which is only at R1 right now)? Remove the KO-resist accessories in exchange for something else? Grab Carbuncle and otherwise shuffle abilities around?

Tempo Flurry is pretty weak there - I'd say Dismissal but your Faris is already using it.

Do you have a strong damaging BSB outside of the Support side? You can have them replace Fran. Vaan/Noel are really nice for this fight since their BSB commands also function as Breakdowns.

If the Barriers are doing too much damage, you can use Heathen Frolic Sarabande to debuff them, but it might be hard for you to fit it in a Dancer.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

KnoxZone posted:

I... I will finally get a BSB? :aaaaa:

That's like, what, 9 months since when they were introduced? Haven't gotten a single one since they turned in to the new tier of power creep.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

ApplesandOranges posted:

Nah, Tiny Bees.

Point, that one is worse. I just named off the only one I've already got :v:

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

Tempo Flurry is pretty weak there - I'd say Dismissal but your Faris is already using it.
Yeah, I don't currently have some of the secondary 4-star or 5-star abilities. In a pinch I could probably craft and hone one or two 4-star abilities, but at the moment I'm uncertain which to do. (I could also egg Ramza up to 65 or higher for Banishing Strike or Magic Lure, but I have zero SBs for him.)

quote:

Do you have a strong damaging BSB outside of the Support side? You can have them replace Fran. Vaan/Noel are really nice for this fight since their BSB commands also function as Breakdowns.
My only BSB happens to be Paladin Force, which is not ideal for the situation. As for Vaan, I do have his Pyroclasm SSB, but not his BSB.

Edit: One possibility is to not only swap Ramza in to gain access to Banishing Strike, but to also swap Exdeath in for his Grand Cross. Seem viable?

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Nov 16, 2016

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

KnoxZone posted:

Aw hell yeah.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Where is it confirmed the Black Friday BSB draw will be full-price? They've called the new Nightmare Banners just "The Nightmare Relic Draw", removing the Lucky connotation from it because it's not half-price, while the "Dungeon Lucky Draw" is indeed half price. It's not like a banner with just BSBs would be that filled to the brim with relic variety, right?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I hope it's half price but I'm not really gonna hold my breath. Still, I only have 4 BSBs(Celes/Zidane/Vaan/Terra - a solid set!), and can certainly use more.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Thaddius the Large posted:

So I just downloaded this game, I take it I should stockpile my mythril for pulls on Black Friday rather than just once I hit 50, as the OP suggests? Also, is there any guide out there for equipment selling/forging/whatever, or is that something I should just ignore for the time being?

During the first days, you'll get Mythril super fast, so it's not a major deal to save for. Especially since the same week will hand out 50 free Mythril for everyone. Right now I'd recommend a single pull 11-pull on the Realm Dungeon Lucky draw we have active. That is 25 mythril, and has good realms covered. After that, Keeper's Choice 2 is an amazing full-price banner. It has two major chase relics, Platinum Sword and Sentinel Grimoire, getting one of the two is a major boon.

For other gear:

1* and 2* stuff can be safely sold instantly . Even if fully combined and upgraded, they're not amazing and barely worth the resources.

3* is solid starting gear, especially after combining in to 5*++ (or 6+++ Reforged). The trick is that while items like that aren't that great on their own, Realm Synergy boosts them to be equal-or-better than non-Realm 5* items. I'd recommend holding on to these on a realm-by-realm basis, and only start selling these when it's clear that you can field a solid party in that Realm with everyone equipped with combined 4*, or actual 5* gear instead.

4* stuff is actually really good after combining and/or reforging, and I'd hold on to almost all of these. Eventually you'll have redundancies here too, and actual 5* gear will outperfom these. But that will seriously take ages, and a fully combined 7*+++ item is super powerful in their home realm. Just use to Vault to store useless dupes while waiting for more to combine with.

Keep everything that comes out as a natural 5* item.

Don't be afraid to spend mythril to expand your inventory. Chances are you'll need to do that several times during your time with the game.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Half price or full price it's a go for me. I have 4 BSBs, one Keeper's Tome I rarely use, and one of them is Excalibur IV which grows dated. Hope I get one of those four-rainbows.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Even full price, that's a drat good banner. Gonna have to drop a pull on that one-- fortunately the thanksgiving mithril means I don't have to rebudget :D

Work was crazy last week, so I'm finally sitting down and burning through the coliseum stuff. It's a fun excuse to mess around with teams other than 'physical shout meta A-team' that's gotten me through all the Ult+'s so far. Unfortunately I don't have enough characters leveled for a full team in size matters not :negative:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

KnoxZone posted:

:stare:

This is.... much better than last year's Black Friday

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sprite141 posted:

It's not really a lucky draw, it's not half price. But a guaranteed bsb is still pretty great.

Does the banner say Lucky Draw or doesn't it :colbert:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Man, DeNA really spoils us. I should be more appreciative of this dang game.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
If it's full-price like the Nightmare 'lucky draws' then it'd be repeatable, in which case people could just blow shitloads of mythril until they flood their inventory with BSB relics. I suspect it's a one-time draw.

The real important question is that Black Friday technically comes a couple days after OK opens, which means Onion Bracers (and Luneth's, but that's less important) could be in the pool, potentially for half price.

I wonder if they're going to do gifts/events for Christmas in light of us getting this much for Halloween/Thanksgiving. That'd be a lot of giveaways in a pretty short time, not that I would complain.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Nov 16, 2016

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog

Grozz Nuy posted:

If it's full-price like the Nightmare 'lucky draws' then it'd be repeatable, in which case people could just blow shitloads of mythril until they flood their inventory with BSB relics. I suspect it's a one-time draw.

This is exactly what I was thinking, yeah-if it's a repeatable draw, people are going to just blow half to all their mythril on it.

Which would be funny to watch, but no, I don't think that's going to happen.

I'm not ruling out that it's a one time full price draw, but that would be a bit odd...

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

SageAcrin posted:

This is exactly what I was thinking, yeah-if it's a repeatable draw, people are going to just blow half to all their mythril on it.

Which would be funny to watch, but no, I don't think that's going to happen.

I'm not ruling out that it's a one time full price draw, but that would be a bit odd...

People blowing all their mythril would be what they'd want from a business perspective anyway to entice people to buying gems.

But I'm assuming they're going to wait til Christmas for that. XIV is right around then, and OSB fest will be around then as well.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Grozz Nuy posted:

The real important question is that Black Friday technically comes a couple days after OK opens, which means Onion Bracers (and Luneth's, but that's less important) could be in the pool

Oh drat, that'd be huge if true

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The Black Friday Lucky Draw should give you a chance at the BSBs on both FFIV banners as well as FFIII banner 1 and both events should still be going when it drops, so I'd consider pulling on BFLD before them if you have the patience.

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
I can't begin to presume to know what the best strategy is to get people to spend Mythril and entice them to buy Gems but it's like 50/50 from where I'm sitting that the banner will be one-off, in which case it's appealing enough to get you to spend for sure and probably get something good but not everything you need and you're still pulling in the future but you're just takking a nibble out of people's Mythril reserves, or at will, in which case you will get people dumping a lot of Mythril into it but you run a higher risk of people hitting a critical mass of Good poo poo where they don't feel the need or want to pull in the near future.

• Locked thread