Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

That seems like a weirdly weak drop for PAL-land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Kaubocks posted:

did rhythm heaven have classic controller support or am I gonna need a wiimote for that

You need a wiimote.

And More fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Nov 10, 2016

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If you haven't played Umbrella Chronicles, it's bloody good and you should. Track down a Wii Zapper shell for proper zombie lightgun shooting though :zoro:.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Somewhat related, Miitomo just got a big update that added direct messaging among other things, and it's now available in more countries as well. I only know about Scandinavia but apparently there's others as well.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Apparently Nintendo Badge Arcade is having an anniversary sale in the Americas, so all plays are 50% off for a week. Why don't you give the badge rabbit a visit? Everybody loves the badge rabbit. Besides, you don't have all the badges yet!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they havent done any final fantasy badges right i need a final fantasy badge for my final fantasy folder

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Is there somewhere to buy this 'dreamGear comfort grip' thing in stores in the US?

https://www.amazon.com/dreamGEAR-Comfort-Grip-your-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B00UJ9LB6Y?th=1

I want to play my 3DS but it is seriously the least ergonomic handheld I've ever used. My hands were all cramped and hurting by the time I launched and finished the Sun/Moon demo. But I don't want to wait for this to ship, not like it, and then need to ship it back to return it.

edit; this is not the thread I meant to post this in :( but I guess it's not entirely off topic.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Rexroom posted:

Apparently Nintendo Badge Arcade is having an anniversary sale in the Americas, so all plays are 50% off for a week. Why don't you give the badge rabbit a visit? Everybody loves the badge rabbit. Besides, you don't have all the badges yet!

His name is loving ARCADE BUNNY

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
EB Games Australia will be taking preorders for a December-release batch of NES Mini's at Noon on their website, if anyone wants to try their luck.

Even-odds the website falls over again from attempted orders, I reckon.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

EB Games Australia will be taking preorders for a December-release batch of NES Mini's at Noon on their website, if anyone wants to try their luck.

Other non-gaming retailers were supposed to be getting them soon too, right? Any word on those?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

well, it happened, so they've rescheduled for tomorrow at 12, sydney time

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Did anyone at all get one this time? It sounds like noone was able to get through the checkout.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Other non-gaming retailers were supposed to be getting them soon too, right? Any word on those?

From what I read in a news article, Target and Big W got ugly with people trying to get ahold of one last Thursday. Their average allotments were something tiny like 20 NES Mini's.

And one standalone controller.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Wow gently caress all video games.

PAL update for this week: 7th Dragon VFD demo (3DS)

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Apparently the release date for Dragon Ball Fusions got moved up to this Wednesday? I don't know what they were thinking changing the date to Pokemon Week, but it looks like I'll be getting some good use out of my birthday coupon.

Does that 30% off coupon for your birthday month count against anything? Because I'll use it on Pokemon Moon if I can.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

deadly_pudding posted:

Does that 30% off coupon for your birthday month count against anything? Because I'll use it on Pokemon Moon if I can.

There's a list of applicable games in the email with the coupon.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

jivjov posted:

There's a list of applicable games in the email with the coupon.

Bleh I figured there was a catch. The notification I had about it in the 3DS eshop looked like it was a general-purpose thing.

LoveBoatCaptain
Aug 26, 2008

Celebrate as all our past ways wither, lead the way to an age of light

deadly_pudding posted:

Apparently the release date for Dragon Ball Fusions got moved up to this Wednesday? I don't know what they were thinking changing the date to Pokemon Week, but it looks like I'll be getting some good use out of my birthday coupon.

They were thinking "Our game is going to sell horribly if we release it while people are still playing Pokémon."

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

LoveBoatCaptain posted:

They were thinking "Our game is going to sell horribly if we release it while people are still playing Pokémon."

I mean like, I'm gonna buy them both because I'm a broken human who loves Goku, but yeah I could see that being a concern. Still, the same week?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

alf_pogs posted:

well, it happened, so they've rescheduled for tomorrow at 12, sydney time

So how much of a trainwreck was it today?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

So how much of a trainwreck was it today?

Worse, the site died just as hard as yesterday but now they're sold out and most people missed out despite successfully completing the checkout because ??? site says you didn't buy poo poo.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Worse, the site died just as hard as yesterday but now they're sold out and most people missed out despite successfully completing the checkout because ??? site says you didn't buy poo poo.

Ouch. Incidentally, even the extension cables for the controllers are gone now from the EB Games website.

I grabbed two while the getting was good.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ouch. Incidentally, even the extension cables for the controllers are gone now from the EB Games website.

you'll need em. mine is now permanently at my work monitor cuz its the only place the controller reaches the seat. on the plus side... who needs work!!

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I think the best solution to the short cord, if your room layout allows it, is to get a long HDMI cable and run it over to a table next to where you're sitting, so you can set the system up there instead of by your TV.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Apparently the reset button on the mini Nes functions as the home button and there's no equivalent on the controller so buying a controller extension lead means sitting too far from the thing to access the game selection menu or use savestates.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Mr Phillby posted:

Apparently the reset button on the mini Nes functions as the home button and there's no equivalent on the controller so buying a controller extension lead means sitting too far from the thing to access the game selection menu or use savestates.

If you use a Wii classic controller you can use the home button

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Reminder that people are paying five hundred US dollars for this

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Neddy Seagoon posted:

So funny story with the @Play 2 Metre Controller Extension Cables;

Only one player can use them at any time :cripes:. They have that little clip for snagging cable on which makes them too tall, and it hangs over the Player 2 socket.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
Nintendo's ability to make something people go nuts over and yet gently caress up basic design choices is always mystifying to me. At least they're consistent, I guess?

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Ironically, this is one Nintendo product I won't be buying. I have pretty much all of the games I want on carts. The ones I don't have are ones I'm not super pressed to get in the first place.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

morcant posted:

Nintendo's ability to make something people go nuts over and yet gently caress up basic design choices is always mystifying to me. At least they're consistent, I guess?
Don't forget their complete inability to ever meet even a fraction of the demand.

LoveBoatCaptain
Aug 26, 2008

Celebrate as all our past ways wither, lead the way to an age of light

morcant posted:

One man's hosed up design choice is another's nostalgia. People wouldn't be going nuts over it if it was too much like a modern console.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

No one has nostalgia for short controller cables.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Especially ones that are shorter than their original counterparts

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

KennyMan666 posted:

Don't forget their complete inability to ever meet even a fraction of the demand.

It doesn't even seem like a decision rooted in sound business sense... Do they not want a huge avalanche of nostalgia bucks?

LoveBoatCaptain posted:

One man's hosed up design choice is another's nostalgia. People wouldn't be going nuts over it if it was too much like a modern console.

I guess! Fortunately I played all my favorite NES games nonstop as a kid, and beyond occasional stints of Mario 3, my backlog of modern games is waaay too huge for me to give this even a second thought. I hope the Switch is cool, though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want the SNES version of this so bad

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Famicom users do.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

Famicom users do.

Also, the microphone.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

In Training posted:

I want the SNES version of this so bad

yeah the NES they put out is cute for nostalgia reasons but an SNES version would be legit flush with incredible games, provided that Capcom and Square once again play nice and they can finally unfuck their relationship with the FX chip people (for Star Fox/Yoshi's Island)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Personally I want an N64 Mini :shepspends:.