Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

So I've somehow ended up with all of these dudes

DJ
Latavius
Ware
Kelley
Martin
Rawls

God help me figuring out which two besides DJ to start every week (well really 1 because I dont see myself sitting Ware either)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
DJ

Ware
Dougie Fresh

Rawls/Latavius

Fat Rob

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

But the homer in me wants to start Fat Rob :( Not this week though.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Fat Rob served me well last week as a bye replacement, but I don't know if he'll do good enough to be an every-week starter. He's a one-dimensional "gets only what is blocked" talent, and is only in this spot because Matt Jones is on Jay Gruden's shitlist.

Kelley will probably be a decent streamer the next 1-2 weeks, but if you have serious title ambitions he shouldn't be in your lineup during the playoffs. Adjust your expectations accordingly.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I think you guys are underselling him a bit. If he gets 20 carries a game, he'll be plenty useful going forward, including the playoffs. I was down on him earlier based on schedule concerns, but I've come around. Volume, baby, volume.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Welp. Someone else had the same realization I did about MIA D/ST and beat me to them on the waiver wire. Wound up dropping CMike for Kenneth Dixon.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

1 ppr

Someone offered me Crowder and Dion Lewis for Cooks. I'm guessing he did this since I have Blount (and Desean). Even if this were a decent trade (which I don't really think it is) I don't think I'd want to make it, because I should probably be doing what he's trying to do (trading two players up for one studlier player). Any ideas for who I could possibly trade for what type of caliber player?

1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, I've got:

Cooks
Jordy
TY
Diggs
DeSean
Corey Coleman

Jimmy Graham
Zach Miller

Blount
Forte
Gurley
Davontae Booker
Alfred Morris

The guy that has AJ Green and Greg Olsen is starting Sproles and two TEs so he'd be a prime target, but not sure what would be a good deal.

The guy that has Ezekiel Elliott is starting three WRs that are ranked between 25th and 30th, while I've got three that are top 10, any chance there?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Popero posted:

I think you guys are underselling him a bit. If he gets 20 carries a game, he'll be plenty useful going forward, including the playoffs. I was down on him earlier based on schedule concerns, but I've come around. Volume, baby, volume.

Yeah, I started him for Gore's bye with what should've been a not-so-easy matchup with Minnesota and he got me 11 points. I'll be starting him for DeMarco's bye week 13 with full confidence.

I understand what Benne says, but in think in the very specific instance where you're stacked at WR/QB/RB1 and you just need a RB2 to hold the fort down for the playoffs, I'd much rather have Kelley in there than try to dangle one of my useful players in a trade. Volume is a huge deal, especially down the stretch. The ghost of Samkon Gado will always loom large in fantasy weeks 10-16

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Vargo posted:

Welp. Someone else had the same realization I did about MIA D/ST and beat me to them on the waiver wire. Wound up dropping CMike for Kenneth Dixon.

Someone picked them up a week ago in my league. But I picked up the chiefs after their bye and they've been destroying it every week since (other than the NO game which still wasn't bad). Last week they got me 15.9 while my opponents got him -8 (Packers).

I'm guessing there will be at least a game or two coming up where I might want to bench them due to matchup though.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

scrubs season six posted:

Someone picked them up a week ago in my league. But I picked up the chiefs after their bye and they've been destroying it every week since (other than the NO game which still wasn't bad). Last week they got me 15.9 while my opponents got him -8 (Packers).

I'm guessing there will be at least a game or two coming up where I might want to bench them due to matchup though.

They look like a great DST to keep.

That said should I consider the Pats? Their schedule is ridiculous.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I recycled Corey Coleman and JJ Nelson this week. Coleman is going to be super hard to predict with how the Browns season is playing out (though I guess RG3 returning could make me regret that?) and Nelson was atrocious this past week, causing 2 big turnovers.

I swapped them out for Tyreek Hill and Michael Floyd, who I think have good chances of making an impact down the stretch. KC is committed to getting Hill involved (and who knows if/when Maclin will return), and Floyd looked like himself this past week, finally. I could see a latter-half of the season resurgence like last year.

Anyone else you guys are taking shots on for upside down the stretch?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Cervixalot posted:

I recycled Corey Coleman and JJ Nelson this week. Coleman is going to be super hard to predict with how the Browns season is playing out (though I guess RG3 returning could make me regret that?) and Nelson was atrocious this past week, causing 2 big turnovers.

I swapped them out for Tyreek Hill and Michael Floyd, who I think have good chances of making an impact down the stretch. KC is committed to getting Hill involved (and who knows if/when Maclin will return), and Floyd looked like himself this past week, finally. I could see a latter-half of the season resurgence like last year.

Anyone else you guys are taking shots on for upside down the stretch?

I just dropped Ivory for Hill. I've been thinking about picking him up for a while now, thanks for reminding me. Britt is the weakest part of my WR corps on my other team now, might look to swap him for Hill too...

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

All of my teams are pretty set at WR, so I don't really know about there, but across 3 teams I have shares of Lewis, Bibbs, Prosise, Morris, and Dixon. DeMarco is my RB1 in all 3 leagues and my RB2 has been Gore and two shares of Gio. I like Gio fine enough, but if any injuries to starters happen, or if Lewis is back (baby), I feel like those guys would almost assuredly provide just as good of value as Gio with less dependence on game script

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Teemu Pokemon posted:

All of my teams are pretty set at WR, so I don't really know about there, but across 3 teams I have shares of Lewis, Bibbs, Prosise, Morris, and Dixon. DeMarco is my RB1 in all 3 leagues and my RB2 has been Gore and two shares of Gio. I like Gio fine enough, but if any injuries to starters happen, or if Lewis is back (baby), I feel like those guys would almost assuredly provide just as good of value as Gio with less dependence on game script

All great suggestions/picks. I would throw Derrick Henry on that list if he got dropped with his injury news last week. He hit waivers in one of my leagues last week and I snagged him with FAAB last night. Guessing you already have him since you own Demarco, though.

Could be a season winner if DeMarco were to miss time.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I grabbed NE DST anywhere people dropped them for their bye. They look great as a set and forget option to close out the year. Also, agreed on KC, though their schedule is much less friendly. In the few leagues I'm in with DST, I've got 1-2 of NE, KC, and Miami, and feel good about it.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Patriots defense has been hot garbage the last few weeks and instead of getting better they're getting worse (and trading away playmakers that might actually matter in fantasy.)

I dropped them in the one league I had them, and I'm a huge pats fan.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Definitely grab NE D/ST if you can.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Pats are a solid streaming option this week. I haven't looked beyond that.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Eli Rogers or Michael Floyd ROS?

Rogers looks like the third option on PIT now with Coates out of favor, but Ladarius Green coming in could shake that up. He's been a strong play the last few weeks, but his playoff schedule isn't great, and that's a lot of road games for Big Ben to implode in.

Floyd could be back to being the main perimeter WR on Arizona, but Carson Palmer has been up and down, and this week was the first time he looked good after a terrible start to the season. ARI has NO in week 15, but is @Seattle in week 16.

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
Like santheb, I've got more RBs than I can play and need to move one or so. Preferably to upgrade my 3rd WR or TE

Roster:
QB: Ben
RB: Gordon, Miller, Booker, Riddick, Rawls
WR: Green, Evans, DT, Shepard, Hurns, Sanu
TE: Kelce, Rudolph

Gordon (Oak, @Cle) and Miller (Jax, Cin) havevthe better playoff matchups for sure compared to the others. The real question is, who could I likely pull for one of the other 3, and prob DT? Or, more likely, will anyone in this league trade this year.

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

Is Brandon Marshall droppable at this point?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
If I'm making an absolutely desperate move at RB this week, do I pick Kenneth Dixon or Jalen Richard up off the waiver wire? I think Richard has the better matchup, but Dixon's more likely to get touches.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

I did it. Traded away Jordy (8th rd keeper) for Julio (no keeping).

Here's my starters, 10 team .5 PPR

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: David Johnson
RB: LeSean McCoy
WR: Julio Jones
WR: TY Hilton
Flex: Tyrell Williams
TE: Gronk
D/ST: Chiefs
K: Santos

I've been runner-up 2/3 years that I've been in this league so far. I've already won back my entry fee +$5 but my pride is on the line and I need the championship this year.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Is MIN D/ST droppable for NE?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Should I drop JJ Nelson for Sterling Shepard or Cameron Merideth?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Suave Fedora posted:

Pats are a solid streaming option this week. I haven't looked beyond that.

Look beyond that...

Week 11: @SF
Week 12: @NYJ
Week 13: LA
Week 14: Bal
Week 15: @Den
Week 16: NYJ

That's a pretty amazing schedule. They've been dogshit the last few weeks because they've faced reasonably competent offenses; Cincinatti (before they fell apart), Pittsburg, Buffalo, and most recently Seattle.

Wang
Apr 10, 2003

dance dance ferret revolution

The Zack posted:

Is MIN D/ST droppable for NE?

At this point I would say that they are, they're riddled with injuries on both sides so they aren't what they were at the start of the year where as Pats have easier schedule.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Look beyond that...

That's a pretty amazing schedule. They've been dogshit the last few weeks because they've faced reasonably competent offenses; Cincinatti (before they fell apart), Pittsburg, Buffalo, and most recently Seattle.

Yeah, I just grabbed them to replace the Ravens who I streamed last week, and looking at that schedule, I'm reluctant to drop them going forward

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Vargo posted:

If I'm making an absolutely desperate move at RB this week, do I pick Kenneth Dixon or Jalen Richard up off the waiver wire? I think Richard has the better matchup, but Dixon's more likely to get touches.

I'd go Dixon.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Good Work You Get An HIV posted:

Is Brandon Marshall droppable at this point?

No, unless it's a small league. Who would you drop him for?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Look beyond that...

Would it be ludicrous to try to offer say, my SEA defense plus a Tyreek Hill-level player to trade for the Pats D? I'm drooling over this.

Seattle has
Week 12@TB
Week 13 Car
Week 14 @GB
Week 15 LA
Week 16 Ari

EDIT: I guess what I'm asking is, SEA or NE for rest of season?

Vargo fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Nov 16, 2016

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Do not trade for a defense.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

the_american_dream posted:

Do not trade for a defense.

Yeah, these things almost never work out. Lions was a hot add at this time last year based on playoff schedule and they basically poo poo the bed to finish out the fantasy season. Looking back they had STL, NO and SF for the playoffs and scored 3, 1 and 6 respectively.

If you can grab one of these off of waivers, great, but don't give up any real capital for them.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Oh God I'm rolling with Bort Bortles this week. Save me, Lord.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

^^ Don't look at his score until the 4th quarter for your own sanity

I'd personally take the good defense with the inferior schedule over the meh defense with a great schedule.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Gobias Ind. posted:

I'd personally take the good defense with the inferior schedule over the meh defense with a great schedule.

I agree with this logic, but it's BB during a stretch run so I'd be more willing to at least give them a little rope

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I agree with this logic, but it's BB during a stretch run so I'd be more willing to at least give them a little rope

Yeah if they're on the wire I'd grab them for sure. Definitely wouldn't be trying to trade for them though.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Allright, you talked me down. Not gonna trade for NE. (Or at the very least, not gonna do more than just a 1:1 defense trade for NE. Probably won't do that though.) I just really don't like SEA.

Vargo fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Nov 16, 2016

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

pubic works project posted:

Oh God I'm rolling with Bort Bortles this week. Save me, Lord.

I'm streaming Kaep this week because everyone in this league rosters like 3 QB's and Ryan is on bye, all aboard the YOLO train.

DST is similarly terrifying. I'm having to roll with the Lions vs JAX. Ravens are available but uh I don't really want to get in front of the DAL buzzsaw right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Eli Rogers or C.Meredith?

Z.Miller or Ebron?

Standard.

• Locked thread