Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wacky powers, weird caste systems and incest. Inhumans is basically anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

Oh Gorgon-Semapi!

I grew up when X-men was the biggest thing ever in the 80s and 90s, and I barely knew who the Inhumans were until I think, the early 2000s because they were basically absent from the comics I read at that point.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Man if they could get X-Men back at Marvel it would be bittersweet because we'd never get Huge Ackman Wolverine in an Avengers movie. He sells the jaded loner irritability of that character so well.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You know he'd come back one more time for Disney bux

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

At this stage Hugh Jackman should just show up in the Avengers.

Like just playing the actor Hugh Jackman. Who has a healing factor and metal claws. And served in World War 2 alongside Cap. But is totally Hugh Jackman and not Wolverine....Bub.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
If mutants became part of the MCU, I really wonder how they could incorporate them without it making zero loving sense.

This genetic evolution, traced all the way back to ancient Egypt, that has been dividing the world and creating conflict... but only just now gets acknowledged.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Aphrodite posted:

No, Inhumans is Homestuck.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
And Tony sneaks Bruce Banner into a big Hollywood party by having him pretend to be beloved actor Mark Ruffalo. Stan Lee cameos as the sarcastic doorman, who lets them in immediately but then refuses entry to the real Mark Ruffalo, who arrived with special guest Stan Lee.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

rantmo posted:

The evolution of Scott Summers over the last 15 years or so has been one of the highlights of the line! That slow burn from idealism to fanaticism has been immensely satisfying and incredibly well-executed by multiple writers and I am prepared to die on this hill.

Was, until the part where they decided for some reason they wanted to try to make him a villain, completely failed to do so, then instead of course correcting killed him off screen and had terrible characters endlessly whine about how he was totally such a villain and bad guy, really, please accept this readers

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I like both the mutants and the inhumans, hth

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Seemlar posted:

Was, until the part where they decided for some reason they wanted to try to make him a villain, completely failed to do so, then instead of course correcting killed him off screen and had terrible characters endlessly whine about how he was totally such a villain and bad guy, really, please accept this readers

No actually the whole point was that Cyclops was right and he wasn't a villain.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Inhumans are better than mutants because one of the inhumans is a dog while all mutants get is a blue cat Frasier and everyone knows dogs are better than cats.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

pee out my butt posted:

Inhumans are better than mutants because one of the inhumans is a dog while all mutants get is a blue cat Frasier and everyone knows dogs are better than cats.

whoa wait what

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Humans are best. Dogs and cats are just disease vectors.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Seemlar posted:

I know I'll regret asking this...what happened to Scott? Last I saw he was in that secret wars thing with pheonix powers and got punked by Doom to show how totally badass doom is, guys! :rolleyes:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

McCloud posted:

I know I'll regret asking this...what happened to Scott? Last I saw he was in that secret wars thing with pheonix powers and got punked by Doom to show how totally badass doom is, guys! :rolleyes:
The complete dismissal and eradication of Pheonix!Scott was actually pretty entertaining :shrug:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

McCloud posted:

After Secret Wars it was first treated as a mystery where he was, then they said he died. He went after the Inhumans after the X-Men find out that the terrigen mists kill mutants.

There's a miniseries going on right now called Death of X that shows it. It ends next week.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

X-O posted:

I feel Inhumans generally have always been and will always be more interesting than almost all mutants. There are a few exceptions but for the most part I'd pick the Inhumans almost every time.

Qonas
Apr 21, 2010

quote:

I feel X-Men generally have always been and will always be more interesting than almost all Inhumans. There are a few exceptions but for the most part I'd pick the mutants almost every time.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think they're all a menace, and that's why they wear masks.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

greatn posted:

I think they're all a menace, and that's why they wear masks.

The X-men don't wear masks (generally). Hell, even most of the evil mutants don't either. What happened to you Jameson? You used to report the truth.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
All New Inhumans was a trash fire of a comic.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Jamesman posted:

If mutants became part of the MCU, I really wonder how they could incorporate them without it making zero loving sense.

This genetic evolution, traced all the way back to ancient Egypt, that has been dividing the world and creating conflict... but only just now gets acknowledged.

Easy.

Kitty Sends Hugh Jackman into the past, who fucks things up so bad it's now the MCU, and he needs to get Plastic Surgery.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Ah, but that's the clever part. Have the movies ever said there WEREN'T mutants? Checkmate.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Jamesman posted:

Just tie a mutant explosion into something to do with the MCU and fiddle the timeline a little, no problemo. You might not be able to wedge in the classic team that Xavier has been training for years but what if Infinity War ends in some big infinity-stone explosion and mutants start showing up across the world the next day? You don't get to have Magneto blowing up a concentration camp as backstory but I honestly don't think that's necessary. Erik and Xavier could just be running a regular gifted kids school if you want to include that dynamic at all, and you get to play around with a mutant crisis as the M-day wave creates a whole new class of dangerous people overnight that the world doesn't know anything about.

Maybe there WERE a couple mutants but they've kept private and hidden themselves and there have never been more than a handful at a time then all of a sudden A Thing happens and we have them coming out of the floorboards.

Like, it'd be a drastic change from the comic history and I'm sure fans will be just outraged but there are ways to make it work.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

NmareBfly posted:

Just tie a mutant explosion into something to do with the MCU and fiddle the timeline a little, no problemo. You might not be able to wedge in the classic team that Xavier has been training for years but what if Infinity War ends in some big infinity-stone explosion and mutants start showing up across the world the next day? You don't get to have Magneto blowing up a concentration camp as backstory but I honestly don't think that's necessary. Erik and Xavier could just be running a regular gifted kids school if you want to include that dynamic at all, and you get to play around with a mutant crisis as the M-day wave creates a whole new class of dangerous people overnight that the world doesn't know anything about.

Maybe there WERE a couple mutants but they've kept private and hidden themselves and there have never been more than a handful at a time then all of a sudden A Thing happens and we have them coming out of the floorboards.

Like, it'd be a drastic change from the comic history and I'm sure fans will be just outraged but there are ways to make it work.

In that case they might as well just say Wolverine etc. all are inhumans and the terminology just switched over to mutant because "inhuman" is kind of offensive.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The big problem was the inhumans were kind of interesting before and then they had all that filed off to become knockoff mutants.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The inhumans don't exist in the MCU either, because TV doesn't count.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

The inhumans don't exist in the MCU either, because TV doesn't count.

You can say this all you want, and keep on wailing and gnashing of teeth and praying, but that still doesn't make it true.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Eh it is true, the movies are not going to let the TV shows dictate how they do things. If they introduce them it will be on their own terms, whatever that might be.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

You can say this all you want, and keep on wailing and gnashing of teeth and praying, but that still doesn't make it true.

If an Inhuman blows up a tree and no movieviewer was there to see it, did the Inhuman really exist?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
They actually came really close or technically did have the TV side led the MCU with Age of Ultron.

They had a major plotline all season long on Agents of Shield that was resolved a week before Ultron came out in theaters that described how Nick Fury got another Helicarrier.

It is never directly explained in Ultron and requires you to have seen AoS to know. They've never done anything similar after that, though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It also doesn't matter in the slightest where Nick Fury got the old helicarrier back from, because he's Nick Fury.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I just assume Nick Fury's supply of helicarriers is as plentiful as his supply of black trench coats.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Where's you get the helicarrier Nick?

I'm Ra's Al Ghul.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
It's not a great AoS storyline either. Coulson is keeping some big secret from everyone (that causes some suspicion) and tells people that if he is gone to activate Theta Protocol, except that that turns out to be a helicarrier that would have been useful and not controversial to have.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It's not a great AoS storyline either. Coulson is keeping some big secret from everyone (that causes some suspicion) and tells people that if he is gone to activate Theta Protocol, except that that turns out to be a helicarrier that would have been useful and not controversial to have.

It was controversial because SHIELD was designated a terrorist organization and the Federal Government ordered all the Helicarriers dismantled after they gunned down hundreds of people and then crashed into Washington, D.C.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

It was controversial because SHIELD was designated a terrorist organization and the Federal Government ordered all the Helicarriers dismantled after they gunned down hundreds of people and then crashed into Washington, D.C.

I mean within SHIELD; he was keeping it a secret from people he really didn't need to keep it a secret from.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I mean within SHIELD; he was keeping it a secret from people he really didn't need to keep it a secret from.

I could be wrong, but wasn't this during the time when Edward James Olmos led SHIELD was muscling in on them and Coulson didn't want anyone to tell him. That's why he left the project out of the files they had access to. So only Coulson and Patton Oswalt knew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I could be wrong, but wasn't this during the time when Edward James Olmos led SHIELD was muscling in on them and Coulson didn't want anyone to tell him. That's why he left the project out of the files they had access to. So only Coulson and Patton Oswalt knew.

And the people building and staffing the Helicarrier.

E: Which isn't really :spergin:, given one of the hints they give is that it needs a hell of a lot of bunk beds.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 16, 2016

• Locked thread