Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
The mbmbam group had a post the other day about McElroysonas, which is a really good concept

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Inzombiac posted:

The Suffering Game is the last arc and Griffin said someone else may run the next campaign.

Huh? No it's not. There are seven relics and this is only the sixth arc.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Coffee And Pie posted:

The mbmbam group had a post the other day about McElroysonas, which is a really good concept

A really good concept to be loaded into a cannon and fired into the deepest recesses of space, its proximity to human minds ever decreasing

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Waffleman_ posted:

Huh? No it's not. There are seven relics and this is only the sixth arc.

Yeah I think he's wrapping it up on this one anyway.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Coffee And Pie posted:

This is the power of my stand, 「The Boys Are Back In Town」

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I'm pretty sure I've made another post in this thread about what a Mcelroy stand would be named but hell if that'll stop me

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSomwvPdL50

Jean-Ralphio eats dogs for breakfast.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Raserys posted:

I'm pretty sure I've made another post in this thread about what a Mcelroy stand would be named but hell if that'll stop me

Justin's is called "Boat Drinks", Travis' is "The Long Winters", and Griffin's is "E * MO * TION".

Clint's is "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy".

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Since griffin wears his uyd influence on his sleeve I got more infected by Uhh Yeah Dudeanese
I can't really think of many griffin dialect things other than stuff about good boys

There's also Just Like Bart, which I would say has been run even more thoroughly into the ground

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

What is the funeral music?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Received my PDF version of the Adventure Zine just now, cool

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

El Burbo posted:

Is the PDF of it still for sale anywhere?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I can't be annoyed with stale content from a Facebook fan group. I think with the exception of the McElroys getting folks to donate to charity causes (which is wonderful!), all I'd ever expect from a fan community centered around a handful of podcast personalities are variations on "I love thing," "found a reference to thing in the wild," "fanart of thing." And that's okay.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

poor life choice posted:

I can't be annoyed with stale content from a Facebook fan group. I think with the exception of the McElroys getting folks to donate to charity causes (which is wonderful!), all I'd ever expect from a fan community centered around a handful of podcast personalities are variations on "I love thing," "found a reference to thing in the wild," "fanart of thing." And that's okay.

and don't forget the extra spice you find on threads in this forum: trying to psychoanalyze loving everything about the hosts

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Haha I think someone just made a MBMBAM poo poo post FB group in what I can only assume was a response to this thread.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Inzombiac posted:

No idea, but I just realized it's the same music they used for Turbovicki's death in the latest Monster Factory

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

You've got the joke backwards, he's used the music and the black and white picture every time he's lost a guy in the Pokémon videos, the turbovicki stuff was a reference to it

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

greatn posted:

Yeah I think he's wrapping it up on this one anyway.

Why would you assume that? Way I see it, we got at least one arc left, probably two (Artefact 7 and then a finale).

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
The best part of the FB group is Lin Manuel Miranda popping up periodically

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Coffee And Pie posted:

The best part of the FB group is Lin Manuel Miranda popping up periodically

Lin commenting on a post I make it just such a wonderful jolt of happiness.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

DoctorWhat posted:

Why would you assume that? Way I see it, we got at least one arc left, probably two (Artefact 7 and then a finale).

Cause I think he said this was the last arc in one of the interstitials before the money zone.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Inzombiac posted:

I don't know what the name of the piece is, but it plays over the end of every episode of Cooking With Dog (RIP Francis ._.) which is where I'm guessing Griffin heard it.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Wait I haven't Iistened to mbmbam in like year or more, what is that hand gesture inside joke people keep giggling about Lin doing?

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
The Adventure Zine is really good, y'all. Ceri Giddens's page is a masterpiece of dread.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

It's a reference to episode 280, in which the brothers come up with an idea for a car with many horns to choose from, including one which honks out "Greatjob!" When Lin makes a horn honking motion, he is referencing that.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

misadventurous posted:

Cooking With Dog (RIP Francis ._.)

Noooo I can't believe this is how I find this out.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

misadventurous posted:

RIP Francis ._.

gently caress :(

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Ariong posted:

It's a reference to episode 280, in which the brothers come up with an idea for a car with many horns to choose from, including one which honks out "Greatjob!" When Lin makes a horn honking motion, he is referencing that.

"Greatjob!" Is also in 100 Foot Robot Golf as an unlockable horn for your Robot.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

El Burbo posted:

I did too, but I think I'm going to hold off on looking at it until I get the physical copy.

Anyone who missed out should follow @theadvzine on twitter, they're going to have some copies available at the end of December/beginning of January.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

misadventurous posted:

Cooking With Dog (RIP Francis ._.)

Oh my god will this year ever stop being the worst

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Who is Francis

Oh poo poo, boogie. Poor guy

greatn fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Nov 17, 2016

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

greatn posted:

Who is Francis

Oh poo poo, boogie. Poor guy

Francis is the dog from Cooking With Dog. Boogie is a different Francis, who is presumably not dead

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

ALFbrot posted:

Francis is the dog from Cooking With Dog. Boogie is a different Francis, who is presumably not dead

I just checked and the first result on Google said he died

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
This got a genuine laugh out of me from the MBMBAM Facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/mbmbam/permalink/1236462056392143/ People love their McElBoys

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
"the thing about it is" is something that has infected my speech patterns.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
so uh

the suffering game seems pretty on-point

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

El Burbo posted:

It's so drat good. I'm just looking at these and reliving so many amazing moments from the shows. Ah goddamnit that last art, gonna make me tear up at work.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You're welcome.

Also, we knew this had to happen eventually

https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/799363151347101697

E: OH MY GOD THE MONSTER FACTORY

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Nov 18, 2016

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Snooze Cruise posted:

"the thing about it is" is something that has infected my speech patterns.

same, but for "my dude"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Personally I really like scrowdy-row, its a really good word.

I do say "good good ___ boy" a lot but almost exclusively referring to my cat.