Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Keg posted:

there's a girl doing leg presses using a Smith machine
h-how?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
you lay down and then push the bar up w/ your feet?

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
She would rotate her ankles forward and back to hook/unhook the bar. It was cool.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Keg posted:

I like this gym I'm at today better than my usual gym. It's cleaner and there's a girl doing leg presses using a Smith machine and she is going to die doing this some day.

Having seen that before: can confirm, dumb as hell.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
future rip to that lady

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoKQPdgE1mQ

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Dumb video

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Keg posted:

She would rotate her ankles forward and back to hook/unhook the bar. It was cool.

lmao

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Having seen that before: can confirm, dumb as hell.

Same. Sorta hot though :pervert:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

drat horror queefs posted:

Same. Sorta hot though :pervert:

Granted.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Most of the people wear loving flip flops at my gym. One guy was doing bench presses with his feet on the bench like he was doing a sit up.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I just spilled my nighttime protein shake all over these tits.

Am I sexy now?

Does the protein soak in through the skin?

Will my bench go up?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

You were sexy before to me

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Alan_Shore posted:

Most of the people wear loving flip flops at my gym. One guy was doing bench presses with his feet on the bench like he was doing a sit up.
Woah. You met the exrx.com guy!?

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Alan_Shore posted:

yeah flip flops is kind of dumb but im pretty sure that's a legit variation of the exercise. i hope you haven't made a power nemesis of flip flop dude

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

yeah flip flops is kind of dumb but im pretty sure that's a legit variation of the exercise. i hope you haven't made a power nemesis of flip flop dude

Probably a bad call if you go heavy with it. You lose the stabilization from planting your legs on the floor, offloading too much of that weight onto your back, belly, and worst case scenario shoulders.

PS losing strength on a cut is the loving worst

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Eldred posted:

Probably a bad call if you go heavy with it. You lose the stabilization from planting your legs on the floor, offloading too much of that weight onto your back, belly, and worst case scenario shoulders.

PS losing strength on a cut is the loving worst

yeah i think its more a body building thing so it's probably done at lighter percentages. i dont know, i don't do it myself, i just do the vanilla leg drive arched back version

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Nov 16, 2016

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I did not know that was a variation! Kinda wish I didn't shake my head at him while he looked at me with eyes that were questing for friendship now.

Edit: he was also doing light reps SUPER fast. My judgement was stern

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004

Alan_Shore posted:

I did not know that was a variation! Kinda wish I didn't shake my head at him while he looked at me with eyes that were questing for friendship now.

Edit: he was also doing light reps SUPER fast. My judgement was stern

We're all in this dipshit pursuit of moving progressively heavier things together man, be good to gym strangers

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Eldred posted:

We're all in this dipshit pursuit of moving progressively heavier things together man, be good to gym strangers

Unless they're dipshit resolutioners, in which case tolerate them until they leave with barely-contained resentment.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

my gym was packed today at 2:30. how are there so many people who can do that? don't they have jobs?!

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Uhhh actually it's not a legit variation at all. For some reason old people love doing stupid poo poo like putting their feet on the bench. You need your feet on the floor for stabilization. Less stabilization means you're more likely to hurt yourself.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
but if I put my feet up, all the nutrietns from the blood in my legs will flow into my chest, gaining me superhuman strength

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Zzulu posted:

but if I put my feet up, all the nutrietns from the blood in my legs will flow into my chest, gaining me superhuman strength

Is that why people do hand-stand presses?

Also, I don't want a gym nemesis. I'm happy hating myself thanks.

Pre-Cambrian Syndrome
Jan 6, 2006

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Uhhh actually it's not a legit variation at all. For some reason old people love doing stupid poo poo like putting their feet on the bench. You need your feet on the floor for stabilization. Less stabilization means you're more likely to hurt yourself.

They're probably just inflexible and and can't move their hips sufficiently to comfortably get stability.

Practice spreading legs more salami etc etc

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Actually changed my mind. The guy doing rows with 25kg weights who half drops-half throws them on the floor after every set is really starting to piss me off.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Pesmerga posted:

Actually changed my mind. The guy doing rows with 25kg weights who half drops-half throws them on the floor after every set is really starting to piss me off.

One of us
One of us
One of us

Here's to hoping he sets his phone down near him and smashes it one day.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
You're not benching properly if you don't shuffle your feet around during each rep.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Woke up and my shoulder hurts even more today.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Short hoodie guy was training someone today, and I heard him say, "See that long muscle there? That's your bicep. But there's also another muscle right next to it, and you need to work that one too with a closer grip on the bar."

I thought they were called BIceps because they were two muscles. Right or wrong?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
ur now accutely aware of the tendons in your arm

they're gonna snap on you

make ur bicep curl all the way up ur arm

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Two guys at my department have had their tendons snap while doing curls and had to have surgery. I no longer curl heavy weight.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Two guys at my department have had their tendons snap while doing curls and had to have surgery. I no longer curl heavy weight.

Holy poo poo that must be the worst sound in the world.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

gently caress

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

One of us
One of us
One of us

Here's to hoping he sets his phone down near him and smashes it one day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itx3udN1HJ0&t=236s

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I've stopped trying to curl heavy and instead curly tiny baby weights for high reps/short rests and feel/look better for it

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004

Tiny Lowtax posted:

For real? How old were they and how heavy the weights?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Tiny Lowtax posted:

gonna guess those dudes lived a salami-free life

:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Woke up and my shoulder hurts even more today.

Try benching with your feet on the bench instead of the floor