Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

Super into this new trailer for REPLACE, an indie horror starring Barbara Crampton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7H0YEE2CNI

Ooh, this looks good. I've been in love with Barbara Crampton since forever.

New movie with one of the hobbitses. I like when nice guys play creeps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3MnM0AP4zg

New Daniel Clowes adaptation looks good too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48cCcaxIi_E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

ruddiger posted:

New Daniel Clowes adaptation looks good too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48cCcaxIi_E

I like that they changed the story (which was more a series of short one page stories of small "life events") while maintaining the character, they they seemed to crank up obnoxiousness of the character when he came across to me more as a sad pathetic man.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

teagone posted:

[edit] Trying not to get muted again. Fingers crossed! Recut the official GITS trailer with Kenji Kawai flavor instead of Depeche Mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdLcm6_fmvU

It's perfect, teagone. You goddamn consummate professional, you.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

teagone posted:

That was actually a result of the limitations in the software I use to isolate dialogue audio, haha. I couldn't get a lot of the dialogue from the crux of the trailer to sound clean or mix in against the music I was using, so I had to work around that. The lines I did manage to extract though, I'm pretty happy with the result. That was my first time isolating dialogue audio from a preexisting mix in Audition :)

Didn't Paramount invite you to an event?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Ice Cream Barbara posted:

Didn't Paramount invite you to an event?

They did. I received an email and a phone call from their online publicist a couple weeks after my first GITS trailer went viral. She wanted to send me to Tokyo for their official trailer launch party, all travel expenses paid for and whatnot, but I couldn't go due to prior commitments. Also had to renew my visa. The event was this past weekend. Bums me out because not only did I miss out on a free trip to Japan, but I also missed seeing Kenji Kawai perform live on drums while the live-action "making of a cyborg" scene played above him on a big screen. She sent me something in the mail though, haven't gotten it yet. She also said she wants to send me to a premiere, or a free screening of the film near me.

teagone fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Nov 17, 2016

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well that's about the saddest thing I've read in a while (the first part)

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I think fate is trying to get me to quit my day job, leave everything behind, move to LA, and try my luck at becoming a trailer editor. I just gotta stop being a pussy about it, lmao.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

teagone posted:

[edit] Trying not to get muted again. Fingers crossed! Recut the official GITS trailer with Kenji Kawai flavor instead of Depeche Mode.

When I first watched it and it was just silence I thought you were trolling me. :(

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

algebra testes posted:

When I first watched it and it was just silence I thought you were trolling me. :(

Haha, yeah. When I first uploaded it, YouTube's contentID thing matched it and slapped a copyright claim on the music I used, which auto-muted the audio. I deleted that video, re-uploaded, and filed a copyright dispute under fair use. No idea if that dispute thing will last or work in the end, but the trailer seems to playing fine with audio intact for now.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

teagone posted:

It's hard to overstate just how good your trailer editing makes this probably-bad movie look. Your sensitivity to audio/visual cues is really impressive, and yeah, you should probably be in the trailer industry.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Did the second Live by Night trailer get posted here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-Z1E4XFucE

Obviously, goes without saying his last two films were really great. I guess my only caveat is that we already have Miller's Crossing and i'm not sure i'm ready to love another Southern Gangster film quite yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKdXcvusCMg

Idris Elba is a rugby player whose life spirals out of control. I guess, what I liked about the trailer is you just intuit the story from like, 3 shots before the plot is verbally exposited. Not sure that i'll see it but i'm glad it exists.

edit: there's also a sneak peak preview trailer (which are super dumb so I didn't link it) for the Zookeaper's Wife, and all you get from it is Jessica Chastain, Zoo, Nazis, Concentration Camp, Daniel Brühl. Which then hilights the fact that Daniel Bruhl is too good to be constantly wasted as the villian in everything he's in (Except when he played Nikki Lauda I guess)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puh5-nzt3UY

A Kind of Murder - Mad Men meets Gone Girl. Also I never think of him as "Patrick Wilson" but "Nightowl II" for some reason. :downs:

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Nov 17, 2016

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

algebra testes posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puh5-nzt3UY

A Kind of Murder - Mad Men meets Gone Girl. Also I never think of him as "Patrick Wilson" but "Nightowl II" for some reason. :downs:

A poorly made trailer but might be a good movie.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I think of Patrick Wilson as the go-to Emasculated White Guy and either the poor or rich man's Bradley Cooper depending on how high I am (def a way better actor at least)
I mean I think if we did the scoreboard for most figurative and literal castrations on film, PW would def be up there. Love the guy. Just look at how despondent he already looks before you can even click play

also great trailer, teagone, I enjoy that your limitations vis a vis dialogue actually ended up in a more creative/superior product. I like the amount of dialogue you have in there. feels like it's leaning on the visuals and vibes which is a good idea, felt a lil Under the Skin

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Nov 17, 2016

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
WOW

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Punkin Spunkin posted:

also great trailer, teagone, I enjoy that your limitations vis a vis dialogue actually ended up in a more creative/superior product. I like the amount of dialogue you have in there. feels like it's leaning on the visuals and vibes which is a good idea, felt a lil Under the Skin

Thanks! It all worked out in the end, heh. This is dumb, but the parts that I'm really proud of in my Ghost in the Shell trailer were synchronizing the quick drum taps in the cue with the machine gun shots in the water (1:43) and the bullet shells falling out of Aramaki's revolver (1:48). When I got it pretty close, I totally nerded out. Just wanted to point that out because it was pretty hard :shobon:

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9y6oPka3us

Good for your Health

SkyLander
Dec 27, 2007

teagone posted:

They did. I received an email and a phone call from their online publicist a couple weeks after my first GITS trailer went viral. She wanted to send me to Tokyo for their official trailer launch party, all travel expenses paid for and whatnot, but I couldn't go due to prior commitments. Also had to renew my visa. The event was this past weekend. Bums me out because not only did I miss out on a free trip to Japan, but I also missed seeing Kenji Kawai perform live on drums while the live-action "making of a cyborg" scene played above him on a big screen. She sent me something in the mail though, haven't gotten it yet. She also said she wants to send me to a premiere, or a free screening of the film near me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXGPERcDvio

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Ha just came to post this. The pacing is pretty bad trailer wise (it seems to be setting up for a bait and switch but it doesn't quite hit).

However nothing will EVER ruin Sassy John C Reilly. So this trailer gets an A+.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

There are some really awesome shots in this trailer.

Looks good.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

teagone posted:

I think fate is trying to get me to quit my day job, leave everything behind, move to LA, and try my luck at becoming a trailer editor. I just gotta stop being a pussy about it, lmao.

Do it, you can get a lovely day job to pay the bills anywhere, you dont get many chances to try a dream

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

King Kong looks so loving GOOD!! WOW!!!!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I think of Patrick Wilson as the go-to Emasculated White Guy and either the poor or rich man's Bradley Cooper depending on how high I am (def a way better actor at least)
I mean I think if we did the scoreboard for most figurative and literal castrations on film, PW would def be up there. Love the guy. Just look at how despondent he already looks before you can even click play

If you haven't seen it yet I highly recommend the second season of the Fargo TV series. He's just really good in it.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Kong looks dope. I didn't realize it was taking place in the 70s. Are we getting a Godzilla vs Kong after movie first? Or will they team up with Jet Jaguar to fight Megalon and Gigan instead? Hope we eventually get a Pacific Rim crossover with Old Kong that has a grey beard and eyepatch.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

If you haven't seen it yet I highly recommend the second season of the Fargo TV series. He's just really good in it.
Ah yeah you just reminded me of that, id completely forgotten the Fargo tv series for some reason
Really enjoyed him and Kristen Dunst and Meth Damon in that, way more than the first season since I've never really been a Billy Bob fan (everyone else was great though) and the fact he was playing a mystic badass supervillain devil man or w/e didn't help.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

rawillkill posted:

Good for your Health

King Kong will break your bones if you talk with a sass mouth, ya dingus.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

teagone posted:

Kong looks dope. I didn't realize it was taking place in the 70s. Are we getting a Godzilla vs Kong after movie first? Or will they team up with Jet Jaguar to fight Megalon and Gigan instead? Hope we eventually get a Pacific Rim crossover with Old Kong that has a grey beard and eyepatch.

I'm actually thinking the idea situation is Godzilla vs Kong features a mech or huge flying battleship that acts as the go-between/instigator between the characters. Personally holding out for a souped-up Moguera.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I propose Mecha Kongzilla.

Whoever loses, we win.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

If there's a scene in Skull Island where Kong gets drunk on berry juice and falls asleep after loving up a giant octopus, I will be happy and my childhood nostalgia will be satisfied.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love that John C. Riley has that line on his jacket. It looks so well shot and pretty. Can't wait for that, goddamn.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo that trailer took my anticipation for Kong from 0-100

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I kind of want to watch Manchester By The Sea but every trailer I've seen has been wretched.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Last shot of Kong beating his chest synched to the music's drums owns

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

teagone posted:

Thanks! It all worked out in the end, heh. This is dumb, but the parts that I'm really proud of in my Ghost in the Shell trailer were synchronizing the quick drum taps in the cue with the machine gun shots in the water (1:43) and the bullet shells falling out of Aramaki's revolver (1:48). When I got it pretty close, I totally nerded out. Just wanted to point that out because it was pretty hard :shobon:

I just wanted you to know I totally noticed. I also loved the transitions and how well you timed them with the music in general.

You have some serious talent. Count me in as one of the people egging you on to risk financial ruin and living out of your car to follow your dream (for reals, you should do it. Don't let it be one of the things you will regret not trying decades from now).

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Samuel L Jackson is gonna gently caress some monsters up it looks like. Great trailer, I liked the look of the skullcrawlers.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I kind of want to watch Manchester By The Sea but every trailer I've seen has been wretched.

I saw it last week. The trailers are indeed not good. It just doesn't lend itself to that sort of marketing. It is so far my favorite film of the year by a longshot (ahead of Arrival, Certain Women, Moonlight, and others). Your enjoyment of it will heavily depend on how much you like watching Casey Affleck mumble for 2.5 hours.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, it's a truly excellent movie. Not seen any trailers but ignore them.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

This looks...a lot more humorous than I was expecting. Not a complaint, it looks much more interesting the the dour Peter Jackson one.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Jewmanji posted:

I saw it last week. The trailers are indeed not good. It just doesn't lend itself to that sort of marketing. It is so far my favorite film of the year by a longshot (ahead of Arrival, Certain Women, Moonlight, and others). Your enjoyment of it will heavily depend on how much you like watching Casey Affleck mumble for 2.5 hours.

Well Casey Affleck was the best part of The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford so consider me excited.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I like how bright it is. Especially with how half of Godzilla was pitch black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
The new King Kong will be funny and has John C. Reilly? I'm sold. And I had no interest in this movie 24 hours ago.

• Locked thread