Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Pixelboy posted:

I drove through their on my way to burning man from Seattle....
I just remember how many bugs got smashed on our camper as we didn't stop....

Midges. fish have issues some years, the larvae go absolutely nuts, and they will clog the hell out of everything when you drive near the lake coming past on the 97 and 140. Thank god they are not mosquitoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

winterwerefox posted:

Edit: The goth thing, I suspect, is it is as far from the standard, practical, farmer or jock look of everyone else as you can get without marking you as wanting to be 'black' or something. I never understood it, I was a band nerd who played DnD in the library.

Makes sense. You want to feel unique and rebel against the tide. Kind of how people in the city romanticize "country living".

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Rick_Hunter posted:

Linoleum stamp? I made something like that in middle school.

Woodcut. You can see the wood grain.

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
From my uncle, sans the faintest whiff of irony, on facebook:

HNNNNNNNNG KILLME

He's been gloating about voting trump all week and that quickly put him on the backfoot with most of the rest of our family

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

winterwerefox posted:

Good news! the pizza hut is back! though they closed 3 of the grocery stores so your choice of where to shop is now even more limited to Thunderbird, Fred Meyer, Walmart and Albertsons. While I was working at Fred Meyers, some C level idiot thought it would be a good idea to show a heatmap of the wealth of the town as a 'Wow look how much info we are taking from your membership cards' sorta thing. Bled White in the center for incomes around 10k or less per year, fading into just slightly better near OIT and Sky Lakes. I suspect the town council played sim city because they jsut plopped a new police station right in the middle of the highest crime area.

Edit: The goth thing, I suspect, is it is as far from the standard, practical, farmer or jock look of everyone else as you can get without marking you as wanting to be 'black' or something. I never understood it, I was a band nerd who played DnD in the library.
I knew the Pizza Hut was still there somewhere via google, but I like, haven't been able to use its contact info as a job reference in 20 years so I figured that particular one was dust.

I can still fill a shopping cart at T-bird with Boone's Farm at like $1.50/$2 a bottle right? It's all still good in the K-est of Falls! Is Long John Silvers still outside T-bird? I mean, the classiest of dining right next to the classiest of grocery outlets, amirite!?

Also, black is very slimming. I never wore black until I got old and fat.

winterwerefox posted:

Midges. fish have issues some years, the larvae go absolutely nuts, and they will clog the hell out of everything when you drive near the lake coming past on the 97 and 140. Thank god they are not mosquitoes.
However there are still loving LOADS of mosquitoes because of that toilet-bowl algae-pool lake, I got the poo poo chewed out of me every time I went outside and there wasn't a high wind or bitter cold.

Ironically it's also windy as gently caress, to the point that we always carried magnifying glasses on hiking trips becuse without tree or ground cover, there's no goddamned way to spark a lighter at that elevation

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Nov 16, 2016

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Which episode?

https://m.soundcloud.com/crackedpod/what-the-fk-just-happened-election-autopsy

Edit: Seriously late on this, but I'll just leave it here for anyone who hasn't found it yet and wants to listen.

Dameius fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Nov 16, 2016

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

coyo7e posted:

I knew the Pizza Hut was still there somewhere via google, but I like, haven't been able to use its contact info as a job reference in 20 years so I figured that particular one was dust.

I can still fill a shopping cart at T-bird with Boone's Farm at like $1.50/$2 a bottle right? It's all still good in the K-est of Falls! Is Long John Silvers still outside T-bird? I mean, the classiest of dining right next to the classiest of grocery outlets, amirite!?

Also, black is very slimming. I never wore black until I got old and fat.

However there are still loving LOADS of mosquitoes because of that toilet-bowl algae-pool lake, I got the poo poo chewed out of me every time I went outside and there wasn't a high wind or bitter cold.

Ironically it's also windy as gently caress, to the point that we always carried magnifying glasses on hiking trips becuse without tree or ground cover, there's no goddamned way to spark a lighter at that elevation

The building is still there, but they have been closed for a while. Same with the K-Mart that was across the street. That whole section of the parking lot is now taco trucks, tent booths selling flags, and poverty. I think there is a guy selling spaghetti out of a camp trailer too.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

winterwerefox posted:

The building is still there, but they have been closed for a while. Same with the K-Mart that was across the street. That whole section of the parking lot is now taco trucks, tent booths selling flags, and poverty. I think there is a guy selling spaghetti out of a camp trailer too.
I loved the dead shopping mall, it had the only COCOT phone I've ever found post-2000 which you could still use a redbox on to make free phone calls :3:

Vaishino
Nov 14, 2003

He'd like to come and meet us
But he thinks he'd blow our minds

Here's a thought. How about it's neither because it's still goddamn November?

I can't stand the "War on Christmas" narrative, but holy poo poo do I hate hearing it in November.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's not Happy Holidays. It's not even Thanksgiving yet.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
I call it Christmas but I'm considering switching to "Happy Holidays" because the people who desperately need it to be called Christmas are people best avoided.

Vaishino
Nov 14, 2003

Guavanaut posted:

Well, we're in Canada, so Thanksgiving happened before Halloween. Still though, point stands.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Guavanaut posted:

Don't you mean Aboriginal Genocide Apology Feast?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Vaishino posted:

Well, we're in Canada, so Thanksgiving happened before Halloween. Still though, point stands.

Real Thanksgiving, not your icy pretender

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Guavanaut posted:

Yeah, sad to see people being lovely not just the month before their religious holiday, but before they would even get their food for this month's national holiday.

Merry Yalda, shitlords. Let it be noted that the Xmas-men fired first this year.

Edit: in the holiday spirit, a link to me posting about the same topic in this same thread back in 2010, back when Vilerat was still rolling his eyes at these emails instead of being misappropriated as fuel in some of them. Jesus, we've been going a long time here :corsair:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3186581&pagenumber=94&perpage=40#post385625226

sweart gliwere fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Nov 16, 2016

Vaishino
Nov 14, 2003

Thump! posted:

Real Thanksgiving, not your icy pretender

Hey. Hey.

That poo poo's in October to keep the ice to a minimum.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Zephyrine posted:

I call it Christmas but I'm considering switching to "Happy Holidays" because the people who desperately need it to be called Christmas are people best avoided.

As a Christian, I prefer the traditional Christian greeting "Happy Holidays".

sweart gliwere posted:

Edit: in the holiday spirit, a link to me posting about the same topic in this same thread back in 2010, back when Vilerat was still rolling his eyes at these emails instead of being misappropriated as fuel in some of them. Jesus, we've been going a long time here :corsair:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3186581&pagenumber=94&perpage=40#post385625226

I followed the link and found some posts of my own, drat I need to get a life.

PerniciousKnid fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Nov 16, 2016

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Please tell me that this is just a joke.

Fluoridated drinking water is like one of the biggest medical breakthroughs of the last century based on the effect it had in reducing tooth disease.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Zephyrine posted:

Fluoridated drinking water is like one of the biggest medical breakthroughs of the last century based on the effect it had in reducing tooth disease.

I get these every so often from the same people that post about false flags and chemtrails, usually something along the lines of "IF IT'S SO GOOD FOR US WHY DO THEY WEAR HAZMAT SUITS WHEN THEY HANDLE IT!". There's really not much you can say to it but be practical like "Things that are good in small quantities can be toxic in large quantities... like sunlight or water."

It won't matter though, because you're just another tool brainwashed by all the fluoride you've been drinking.

Joshmo
Aug 22, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

Mike Adams is the world famous (to those of us with no lives who follow this stuff) Health Ranger. He basically shills for and most likely even believes in every health scam imaginable, and hates all science.

Also, Fluoride is deathly toxic, 5 grams is enough to kill a person. These people don't understand the concept of dosage, which makes sense considering they believe in homeopathy.

From Wikipedia about his site Natural News, which is way more popular than should be allowed.

quote:

Natural News (formerly NewsTarget) is a website for the sale of various dietary supplements, promotion of alternative medicine, controversial nutrition and health claims,[2] and various conspiracy theories,[3] such as "chemtrails", chemophobic claims (including the purported dangers of fluoride in drinking water,[4] anti-perspirants, laundry detergent, monosodium glutamate, aspartame), and purported health problems caused by allegedly "toxic" ingredients in vaccines,[2] including the now-discredited link to autism.[5]

Joshmo fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Nov 16, 2016

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Zephyrine posted:

Do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk, ice cream? Ice cream, Mandrake? Children's ice cream!...You know when fluoridation began?...1946. 1946, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual, and certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works. I first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love...Yes, a profound sense of fatigue, a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I-I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence. I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women, er, women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, Mandrake...but I do deny them my essence.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Zephyrine posted:

Arghhhhhhhhhh it's not hazardous waste it's a hazardous material arghhhhhhhhhh.

Know what else is a hazardous material? Vinegar, salt water/brine, bleach, hydrogen peroxide, poo poo even water!

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/RealAdamRose/status/798973443492302848

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Vaishino posted:

Here's a thought. How about it's neither because it's still goddamn November?

I can't stand the "War on Christmas" narrative, but holy poo poo do I hate hearing it in November.

Because there's not a single holiday other than Christmas celebrated in the month of December. At all. Anywhere in the world. By any culture.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Orthodox Christmas is in January :eng101:

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

lancemantis posted:

Wait really? My family is/was nominally Greek Orthodox and this is the first time I've heard this.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

PJOmega posted:

Wait really? My family is/was nominally Greek Orthodox and this is the first time I've heard this.

January 6th. They may have just been celebrating it on the 25th since that's when all the festivities were happening anyway.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Some Orthodox churches, including Russian and Ukranian, use December 25 of the Julian calendar, which is January 7th. Others, including Greek Orthodox, switched to the Revised Julian calendar, which is currently the same as the Gregorian calendar, and will be the same for the next 800 years.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Thank you both, always nice to get learnt.

Hormples
May 3, 2002

ARRGHH!!
MY BONES!!

Zephyrine posted:

Likewise, solar power is incredibly dangerous. If you went anywhere near the sun, you would burn up instantly! :supaburn:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Hormples posted:

Likewise, solar power is incredibly dangerous. If you went anywhere near the sun, you would burn up instantly! :supaburn:

Not even. Did you know that mere exposure to the sun can cause cancer?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
The worst chemical of them all must be H2O. According to WHO exposure to it is the 3rd leading cause of accidental death in the world.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

lancemantis posted:

That's why it's it was especially hilarious when massive loving prick Bob Geldof sang "Do they Know it's Christmas?" about the oldest Christian country in the world when it wasn't even Christmas there for another couple of weeks.

And then prolonged a civil war with his misguided aid efforts, which was less hilarious.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Nenonen posted:

The worst chemical of them all must be H2O. According to WHO exposure to it is the 3rd leading cause of accidental death in the world.

Listen, you gotta be careful of dihydrogen monoxide. The silent killer. I have a sensor for it in my house*

*my fuckin' sump pump

I don't have a basement. I live in Japan. We don't have basements because the earth likes to swallow us.

Guavanaut posted:

That's why it's it was especially hilarious when massive loving prick Bob Geldof sang "Do they Know it's Christmas?" about the oldest Christian country in the world when it wasn't even Christmas there for another couple of weeks.

And then prolonged a civil war with his misguided aid efforts, which was less hilarious.

Also, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Bob Geldof

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!
My family is Roman Catholic and we always took down the tree on January 6th and the 12th day of Christmas. That's pretty neat!

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Nenonen posted:

Well sure, it's full of fluoride.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Zephyrine posted:

Fun fact: a cup of tea has just as much fluoride as fluoridated water. These people are crazy.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Arglebargle III posted:

Fun fact: a cup of tea has just as much fluoride as fluoridated water. These people are crazy.

Well see here that's why I only drink soda and sweet tea, the sugar creates one of those protections against the flowride.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

I saw this on Facebook it's from young Americans for liberty facebook page. Which is exactly what it sounds like. This one frustrated me though. They just described what taxes literally are and then they act like I'm supposed to be outraged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

The_Rob posted:

I saw this on Facebook it's from young Americans for liberty facebook page. Which is exactly what it sounds like. This one frustrated me though. They just described what taxes literally are and then they act like I'm supposed to be outraged.

Welcome to right wing economics. :v: