Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015
is it wrong that I always played baddest santa?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

pnutz posted:

is it wrong that I always played baddest santa?

No, Santa and the two Chicken costumes were the canon survivors of KF1.

Edit: Harry Enfield too.

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Nov 16, 2016

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
They still need to make OG trader a playable character who speaks entirely in sexual innuendos.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
They need to bring Mike Noble back so we can get our rave on.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Would anyone in the thread be interested in how to achieve max perk level instantly?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Stanley Pain posted:

Would anyone in the thread be interested in how to achieve max perk level instantly?

Yes

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Steam Achievement Manager?

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Stanley Pain posted:

yes, cant be bothered to lvl firebug or sharpshooter

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Pretty sure I linked to a Cheat Engine table some time ago. Should still work.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Firebug and Sharpshooter are actually pretty easy to level, especially if you use the trainer map.

I still haven't 25'd SWAT because it's a slog and a half. I could probably 25 Survivalist in a weekend but I have better things to do.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The most fun thing to level for me a while back was demo while playing as support. This was back when it was the only way to have both m40 and the rocket launcher.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If you pre-ordered KF2 on PS4 its up for pre-load, I assume console people will just use this thread as well since its slow?

Anyway PS4 people go ahead and add me, LinKurosawa, I'll be playing on midnight.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Alteisen posted:

If you pre-ordered KF2 on PS4 its up for pre-load, I assume console people will just use this thread as well since its slow?

Anyway PS4 people go ahead and add me, LinKurosawa, I'll be playing on midnight.

if I go home and buy it later can I still preload this?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
TW confirmed PS4 and PC are gonna have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different balancing and whatnot. I don't think there will be cross play either.

Probably wise to start a PS4 KF 2 thread.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Skoll posted:

TW confirmed PS4 and PC are gonna have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different balancing and whatnot. I don't think there will be cross play either.

Probably wise to start a PS4 KF 2 thread.

Nah this thread is already dead enough as it is, if we did a separate thread for PS4 then we'd just have two dead threads, and that's just silly

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

drrockso20 posted:

Nah this thread is already dead enough as it is, if we did a separate thread for PS4 then we'd just have two dead threads, and that's just silly

We're going to have people arguing/bitching about balance on different systems and no ones gonna know what's going on and it just may be glorious.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Skoll posted:

We're going to have people arguing/bitching about balance on different systems and no ones gonna know what's going on and it just may be glorious.

This.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I got it as an early gift on PS4. It feels a little repetitive off the hop but I also played Last of Us online for probably 200+ hours so I'm sure I'll get into it more
CVLT_VICTORJA

54 40 or fuck fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Nov 18, 2016

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

yes, cant be bothered to lvl firebug or sharpshooter

Download the wemod Infinity trainer. Play the game solo. Enable MAX LEVEL trainer. Kill a few zeds then exit back to main menu. Profit.

The newest Infinity client makes you sign up for a stupid username now. Small price to pay for not having to level up all these perks I want to play. Max level support with the double barrel is a godamn beast and reminds me of KF1 support in great way.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MinibarMatchman posted:

if I go home and buy it later can I still preload this?

I assume so.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Having been thoroughly disillusioned with CoD's multiplayer (and any form of zombies that uses lazy infinitely increasing health instead of a win state, and zero feedback/reaction to weapons) and liking the beta I tried, I'm seriously considering this for PS4.
I haven't played coop PvE in a while, and I loved Ghosts' Extinction mode, which this seems not too dissimilar from.
This us the only zombie game I've ever looked forward to since L4D (which I loving hated both of).

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I'm new to the game entirely and didn't play the first, but I love team based multilayer, particularly horde style. I'll just put it out there that I'm having fun dicking around but it does feel a little redundant.

Then again, I tend to compare pretty well every Horde type mode to Gears or War which did it best in my humble but worthless opinion.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mister Macys posted:

Having been thoroughly disillusioned with CoD's multiplayer (and any form of zombies that uses lazy infinitely increasing health instead of a win state, and zero feedback/reaction to weapons) and liking the beta I tried, I'm seriously considering this for PS4.
I haven't played coop PvE in a while, and I loved Ghosts' Extinction mode, which this seems not too dissimilar from.
This us the only zombie game I've ever looked forward to since L4D (which I loving hated both of).

Honestly, the game is tits cept for TW's balancing. KF 1 was probably my co op game of choice but this one tops the first one in a lot of ways. It just feels better as a whole.

54 40 or gently caress posted:

I'm new to the game entirely and didn't play the first, but I love team based multilayer, particularly horde style. I'll just put it out there that I'm having fun dicking around but it does feel a little redundant.

Then again, I tend to compare pretty well every Horde type mode to Gears or War which did it best in my humble but worthless opinion.

Eh, it's literally just survive waves of enemies until you hit boss fight. It's harder to be the one man wrecking crew in this game though than it was in the first because of previously stated balancing decisions.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mister Macys posted:

Its real good, you'll like it I think.

Also another thing for PS4 owners, there's currently a system update as well so be sure to DL and install that if you have any intention of playing online today.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Played Firebug and the akimbo class in the beta. It's got a good feel to it, but whoa, is recoil rough when you start.

gently caress it, I'm preloading now.

Is there a PSN Community thing for goons yet?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mister Macys posted:

Played Firebug and the akimbo class in the beta. It's got a good feel to it, but whoa, is recoil rough when you start.

gently caress it, I'm preloading now.

Is there a PSN Community thing for goons yet?

I can make one real quick.

KF Goons is up, no images yet cause the game isn't out, I'll add some poo poo when we start playing, just send an invite request and I'll approve you, doubt it will be very big.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Nov 18, 2016

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Aww, no cross-platform play? I was hoping I could hope on with my console scrub playing friends.

Oh well. I want to hope that at the very least Killing Floor 2 gets up there as a sorta mainstream game. It certainly deserves it.

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Nov 18, 2016

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

It's up! :woop:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Joined in progress, got to wave 10 and just as it said BOSS WAVE the game crashed. :geno:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So uh... is the PS4 version a nice reminder of how KF2 should be or is it still not yet worth.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.twitch.tv/alteisenriese

I'm streaming it for those curious.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

widespread posted:

So uh... is the PS4 version a nice reminder of how KF2 should be or is it still not yet worth.

Really the only major issue with KF2 is with Firebug being useless, and Hans still being kinda broken

Well at least not counting how some classes are a tad too weak at level 1 for my tastes

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

widespread posted:

Did three games plus Basic Training. I liked it. :shrug:

Could use more bosses, but those shotguns are like the fist of God. :stare::fh:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Nov 18, 2016

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

Really the only major issue with KF2 is with Firebug being useless, and Hans still being kinda broken

Well at least not counting how some classes are a tad too weak at level 1 for my tastes

So it's basically a 100% accurate port. I get ya. I'll see about getting that version soonish.

Mister Macys posted:

You haven't used the Pulverizer yet, I can tell.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Mister Macys posted:

Yeah Support is probably the most capable class at level 1(although I imagine Sharpshooter and Gunslinger also do well)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

widespread posted:

So it's basically a 100% accurate port. I get ya. I'll see about getting that version soonish.

You haven't used the Pulverizer yet, I can tell.

Just the Firebug one with Dragon fire rounds :rock:

Did the gunslinger in the beta, I found the recoil to be a bit much at Level 0 when going full retard.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Macys posted:

Just the Firebug one with Dragon fire rounds :rock:

Did the gunslinger in the beta, I found the recoil to be a bit much at Level 0 when going full retard.

The Trench Gun was indeed a fabulous weapon to Fire And Feel Good. But I think it was nerfed a bit? Regardless, there be other shotguns to shoot. The Nail Gun Shotgun might not feel as good as an actual shotgun but you're firing loving nails :black101: And I stand by my statement to try the Pulverizer's alt fire. Just imagine the benefits of smashing a sledgehammer (or equally heavy object) into some zed's skull, and then add an explosive blast after the object connects.

Basically just be the Berserker class for some fun bashers.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Another thing, is that- unlike CoD, the Goddamned game just works. No buggy bullshit, whether in menus, gameplay, or lobbies.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mBndiaHAr0

I made a helpful guide on using the Eviscerator, one of the best weapons in the game, for those who are just starting out Killing Floor on consoles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea its a straight port, even survivalist is in there so its up to date with the console version, there's a store option but nothing there yet, I did get a skin to drop so they are there.

Got to level 5 on zerker, no more crashes after that first one, got nothing but patty all night, beat him 2 times then we wiped on the 3rd when I ate his rocket and didn't back away like I should have.