Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
fidget cube sent out backer surveys and is still looking to ship in december and i'm honestly kind of in awe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilcat
May 16, 2009
Have you ever wanted to fight pollution with your mower and stay cool? have you ever missed an important family event because you mow during the day like a fool and the grass was just too long? Would you believe they actually use those as selling points?
It's high beams and a battery for a mower so you can mow when it's cool out (and too dark to see normally). Apparently pollution is turned into pollution by sunlight, so if people mowed at night it would be like taking 31 million cars off the road, according to them. Luckily, the solution is easy: mow at night.

That will keep the emissions from turning to pollution since it's not like the sun will rise again and do so with a short delay. There is also the issue of it being two cheap lights and a lead acid battery strapped to a mower. And let's be honest, who wants to have that neighbor who goes out at 11pm and flips on a set of high beams and starts mowing?
Also apparently mowers kill 6,400 people per year (it's actually only 75-100 in the US in a year) and frankly the kickstarter science is so bad that it does need to be pointed out the mower still spews VOCs and all anyways and mowing in the dark with a couple lights would be way more dangerous than during the day when you can actually see things.
They also want $250,000 for two cheap 12v lights, a lead acid battery and a pouch. For a $x39 (139, 239, etc) they will send you one of the $39 lights. The $40 reward tier? A shirt.
For the cost of what they want to sell it for, you get a shirt, and for the cost of three of them and change you'll get one.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
https://equity.indiegogo.com/?refer...20161116_equity

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

it'll end in tears

Newfie
Oct 8, 2013

10 years of oil boom and 20 billion dollars cash, all I got was a case of beer, a pack of smokes, and 14% unemployment.
Thanks, Danny.

fishmech posted:

it'll end in tears

"Why hasn't this company making (garbage you can find on ali express) given me anything back? And why don't they have any financial filings? Also, this stock proof is in Mandarin."-99% of these "investments". The other 1% will be shut down for non -scam SEC violations.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

evilcat posted:

Have you ever wanted to fight pollution with your mower and stay cool? have you ever missed an important family event because you mow during the day like a fool and the grass was just too long? Would you believe they actually use those as selling points?
It's high beams and a battery for a mower so you can mow when it's cool out (and too dark to see normally). Apparently pollution is turned into pollution by sunlight, so if people mowed at night it would be like taking 31 million cars off the road, according to them. Luckily, the solution is easy: mow at night.

That will keep the emissions from turning to pollution since it's not like the sun will rise again and do so with a short delay. There is also the issue of it being two cheap lights and a lead acid battery strapped to a mower. And let's be honest, who wants to have that neighbor who goes out at 11pm and flips on a set of high beams and starts mowing?
Also apparently mowers kill 6,400 people per year (it's actually only 75-100 in the US in a year) and frankly the kickstarter science is so bad that it does need to be pointed out the mower still spews VOCs and all anyways and mowing in the dark with a couple lights would be way more dangerous than during the day when you can actually see things.
They also want $250,000 for two cheap 12v lights, a lead acid battery and a pouch. For a $x39 (139, 239, etc) they will send you one of the $39 lights. The $40 reward tier? A shirt.
For the cost of what they want to sell it for, you get a shirt, and for the cost of three of them and change you'll get one.

The only people I've known to mow at night are meth heads

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

evilcat posted:

look at these scrubs without a riding lawnmower

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Dolomite posted:

look at these scrubs without a riding lawnmower

look at these scrubs who aren't paying some chump to mow their lawn while drink a beer watching.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

ll my cast iron stuff is a hand-me-down from my grandmother, a full set of BSR cast iron from the 40s-50s. the dutch oven I have is a wagner from the 60s. there's so much great old poo poo like this that you can get at yard sales, flea markets, etc. and people don't know. They'll just buy poo poo like lodge and never know the difference, or understand why cookware is considered an investment. these are the same kinds of people that buy a new set every 5-6 years with some goofy professional cook's face on it.

my sister picked up an old Elna sewing machine in perfect condition. They're super nifty cast iron machines you'd buy your daugther whe she gets married

they use an interesting disc method to choose the kind of point you want. there's a set of discs with geometric shapes on them that define how the needle works. ireally don't know poo poo about sewing but i love how abstract geometry translates into different movements

basically old high quality stuff rules a lot

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

evilcat posted:

Luckily, the solution is easy: mow at night.
But I, have discovered the secret, Henry...hot ice! I heat up...the ice cubes!

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

unpacked robinhood posted:

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

lancemantis posted:

The only people I've known to mow at night are meth heads

Well... At least they have a possible customer base?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

the nice about old poo poo is that if it's still around and working then it's probably still great. all the really lovely stuff already got tossed

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

look at these scrubs who aren't paying some chump to mow their lawn while drink a beer watching.

look at these scrubs living in suburban sprawl hell instead of surveying the city skyline from their penthouse apartment

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Pingiivi posted:

Well... At least they have a possible customer base?

methheads generally only have money for more meth, if they're lucky

also they tend to just have another methhead friend that can run in front of them with a flashlight

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

lancemantis posted:

methheads generally only have money for more meth, if they're lucky

also they tend to just have another methhead friend that can run in front of them with a flashlight
reminds me of this post from the best thread. op was a large scale meth cook:

quote:

The hard core tweakers, well, I will have to write about some of them, I mean, some of the poo poo they pulled to get meth was amazing - put it this way, I never once had to do any lawn work. Just because i felt like it I had one of the tweakers go out and go find some good sidzed rocks, carry them back, and line the path to the door of the house with them. After he did that, I told him "oh, no, you need to scrub them lean first" ... Igave him a bump and he complied... an hour later he knocked on the door again ... "oh, did I forget to tell you, I wanted them painted white" ... 2 hours later he knocks and I give him a gram and send him on his way ... I also have to thank this one tweaker - Max - Max was a guy that would steal anything not bolted down - and even that wouldn't stop him - he would go steal some wrenches and unbolt it! He was the one that got me into a hobby I still practice today - metal work - first he brouht me a brand new Miller MIG Welder, having just checked online, this is like a $2,700 unit, drat! (I talked about using this earlier) and I taught myself to weld scrap metal... I then told him i'd give him an eighth (more then I ever gave for stolen property) if he got me either a plasma cutter or an oxy/acetylene torch - within THREE HOUR the guy was back in BROAD DAY LIGHT with a torch, hoses, two fulltankswith regulators and everything, including gogles, striker, and it all fit in this dolly type cart ... hey, who knows, he may have actually "got his from his dad who didn't need it" like he said he did ... either way, within a month I had mastered MIG welding and making very percise cuts with the torch ..

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Gobbeldygook posted:

reminds me of this post from the best thread. op was a large scale meth cook:

what is it with morons bragging online about breaking the law in ways that will result in life sentences where you're nowhere near as anonymous as you'd like to think?

mycrimes.txt

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

what is it with morons bragging online about breaking the law in ways that will result in life sentences where you're nowhere near as anonymous as you'd like to think?

mycrimes.txt

a lot of people think that they're far more anonymous online than they actually are. there's something about the lack of immediate feedback that seems to trick the human brain.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I wanted to see what he got permabanned for.

PERMABAN 09/17/09 08:36pm PhreeX Deceased.

:staredog:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

duTrieux. posted:

a lot of people think that they're far more anonymous online than they actually are. there's something about the lack of immediate feedback that seems to trick the human brain.

this is so true and its comical to think sa, of all places a pay forum, is an anonymous place to post your crimes and your dumb choices

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

mycrimes.txt
he posted the thread in 2006 and was describing crimes he committed in 97-98.

Synthbuttrange posted:

yes. he was in constant pain caused by two car accidents, hosed up killing himself once, told people goodbye, and then successfully killed himself.

Gobbeldygook fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 16, 2016

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Synthbuttrange posted:

yikes.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=21736

Post Count
Post Rate
0.04 per day
Last Post
Dec 26, 2007 21:03

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

will trade Skooma for full Daedric Plate

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Agile Vector posted:

this is so true and its comical to think sa, of all places a pay forum, is an anonymous place to post your crimes and your dumb choices

[tell] me how to commit insurance fraud because my husband turned into a hot dog

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

NoneMoreNegative posted:

will trade Skooma for full Daedric Plate

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

exploded mummy posted:

[tell] me how to commit insurance fraud because my husband turned into a hot dog

"im not owned! im not owned!!", she continues to insist to the court as she slowly shrinks and transforms into a corn cob

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

my sister picked up an old Elna sewing machine in perfect condition. They're super nifty cast iron machines you'd buy your daugther whe she gets married

they use an interesting disc method to choose the kind of point you want. there's a set of discs with geometric shapes on them that define how the needle works. ireally don't know poo poo about sewing but i love how abstract geometry translates into different movements

nah you aren't comparing like to like. That sewing machine cost $290 in 1954 and that's over $2500 adjusted for inflation. That much would buy you a similarly bulletproof and full featured machine today. sure cheap old machines are generally better than cheap new machines, but that's because there was no such thing as a $20-in-today's-money sewing machine back then.

and why did sewing machines cost so much? Well...

mostly because they had mechanisms which look like a clockwork factory threw up inside of them.

:barf:

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Gobbeldygook posted:

he posted the thread in 2006 and was describing crimes he committed in 97-98.

yes. he was in constant pain caused by two car accidents, hosed up killing himself once, told people goodbye, and then successfully killed himself.

Thread took a heavy turn

Graff
May 10, 2012

Shifty Pony posted:

nah you aren't comparing like to like. That sewing machine cost $290 in 1954 and that's over $2500 adjusted for inflation. That much would buy you a similarly bulletproof and full featured machine today. sure cheap old machines are generally better than cheap new machines, but that's because there was no such thing as a $20-in-today's-money sewing machine back then.

mostly because they had mechanisms which look like a clockwork factory threw up inside of them.

Red_Fred posted:

Thread took a heavy turn

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Vicas posted:

fidget cube sent out backer surveys and is still looking to ship in december and i'm honestly kind of in awe

lmao

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

hahahaha

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

honestly that just makes me feel lovely. so what if it's a dumb product -- they are getting totally hosed over by a country that just doesn't give two shits about western codes of ethics.

sucks.

Graff
May 10, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

western codes of ethics... sucks.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Sagebrush posted:

honestly that just makes me feel lovely. so what if it's a dumb product -- they are getting totally hosed over by a country that just doesn't give two shits about western codes of ethics.

sucks.
what "western codes of ethics" are you imagining that doesn't list capitalism as number one

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Sagebrush posted:

it's about ethics in western consumerism

Graff
May 10, 2012

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

it's about ethics in western consumerism

lolactually,

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I looked and found a bunch on Aliexpress -- all for roughly $12-$13 and one I checked randomly had a specs/features infographic ripped straight from the kickstarter.

Had a good KS campaign but an easily copied what you see is what you get gadget is nothing you can build a company slash future on, especially todayabouts.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Shifty Pony posted:

yeah i'm not really making comparisons, i just find this kind of tech baffling in how they manage to have a working "logic" with only mechanical parts, and hold up for a hundred years. i guess cpus are also accomplishments of science and ingenuity but they're less obvious.
old stuff doesn't necessary mean quality but

Improbable Lobster posted:

the nice about old poo poo is that if it's still around and working then it's probably still great. all the really lovely stuff already got tossed

e:i think someone on twitter made/twitted about a fake kickstarter to attract china so they'd make the product he wants for cheap

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

they went through a lot of effort taking those pictures. most sellers on ebay just use the kickstarter images

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

yeah i'm not really making comparisons, i just find this kind of tech baffling in how they manage to have a working "logic" with only mechanical parts, and hold up for a hundred years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY_wfKVjuJM

• Locked thread