Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

pubic works project posted:

Oh God I'm rolling with Bort Bortles this week. Save me, Lord.

Oh God I might be doing the same. Would anyone suggest taking Kirk Cousins at home against Green Bay over Bortles? That would probably be the safer option right? I am also playing Crowder as my flex receiver if that makes a difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I agree with this logic, but it's BB during a stretch run so I'd be more willing to at least give them a little rope

They aren't a very good defense, though. Regardless of schedule.

They're 25th in the league in Sacks, 24th in Interceptions, 23rd in Forced Fumbles (19th in Recovered), and they've yet to score a touchdown on Def or Special Teams.

Also, as I said, they're getting worse and not better.

Their defense is not very good. Bend but don't break works for winning football games, but it sucks for fantasy.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

MrSargent posted:

Oh God I might be doing the same. Would anyone suggest taking Kirk Cousins at home against Green Bay over Bortles? That would probably be the safer option right? I am also playing Crowder as my flex receiver if that makes a difference.

There's no question, in my mind. GB's defense ain't playing significantly better than Detroit's and Cousins is the better QB.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Look beyond that...

Week 11: @SF
Week 12: @NYJ
Week 13: LA
Week 14: Bal
Week 15: @Den
Week 16: NYJ

That's a pretty amazing schedule. They've been dogshit the last few weeks because they've faced reasonably competent offenses; Cincinatti (before they fell apart), Pittsburg, Buffalo, and most recently Seattle.

Yeah that's pretty swank. I'm looking to add them if I have deadweight but otherwise I'll try to add them next week.

This week my streamer pick was NYG vs CHI. Second and third options were NE, DET.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Nov 16, 2016

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Another question, trying to make a last minute move to shore up my RB corps.

My Team:

I was going to try offering Kelce + JStew for Frank Gore, knowing that might be a lowball, even though he could really use some consistency at TE. My second offer was going to be KBenjamin + JStew for Gore which I think is more even, but not sure if that hurts me too much at WR.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Has the Arizona D fallen from Set it and Forget it status?

Wang
Apr 10, 2003

dance dance ferret revolution

Silly Burrito posted:

Has the Arizona D fallen from Set it and Forget it status?

Sadly yeah I think it is time, the offense is pretty bad of late and the play calling isn't great. Plus with Honey Badger out they are weak in the secondary and can't seem to get a pass rush going. Not great times.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

^I think they're definitely matchup based at this point. I'm starting them over the Chiefs though. Minnesota is straight up offensively deficient.

Benne posted:

Fat Rob served me well last week as a bye replacement, but I don't know if he'll do good enough to be an every-week starter. He's a one-dimensional "gets only what is blocked" talent, and is only in this spot because Matt Jones is on Jay Gruden's shitlist.

Kelley will probably be a decent streamer the next 1-2 weeks, but if you have serious title ambitions he shouldn't be in your lineup during the playoffs. Adjust your expectations accordingly.

He gets a little more than whats blocked for him. If his blockers get him 2, he can usually keep the legs moving and fall forward for 4. Based on the volume and how efficient the Redskins are at moving into the red zone (they suck at actually converting there) I can definitely see 16+ carries a game with TD upside every week.

Matt Jones put himself on this poo poo list becsuse he can't quit loving fumbling and really Kelley looks like the better runner anyway. Matt Jones has this infuriating ability to always end up.on his rear end with his rear end facing the goal line and his eyes looking at the line of scrimmage.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

MrSargent posted:

Yeah I would definitely start Kirk Cousins over Bortles. GB's secondary is ravaged by injury. While their defensive line is good, they haven't been able to generate much of a pass-rush these past couple of games. Clay Matthews may miss another game too. Cousins is superior to Bortles this year and should be able to move the ball.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Who do you think is the worst of these WRs?

Dez vs Bal
Diggs vs Ari
A Robinson @Det
Cooper vs Hou
Pryor vs Pit

ESPN's laughable projections put Dez as the worst.

At least I don't have to struggle over RBs, thanks to DJ/Demarco.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Vargo posted:

Allright, you talked me down. Not gonna trade for NE. (Or at the very least, not gonna do more than just a 1:1 defense trade for NE. Probably won't do that though.) I just really don't like SEA.

I'm wondering if SEA is just droppable at this point. I'm not playing them this week and there are perfectly viable streaming options ROS.

I don't think there are any OH poo poo FA candidates in the league I have them in, though, so it's not really pressing.

EDIT: Actually I guess SEA is only 2 weeks removed from a pair of double-digit performances? bleh.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Nov 16, 2016

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Don't think I need to make any moves, this squad has been treating me pretty well. But Im itching to make a move anyways. Am I stupid?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Brownhat posted:

Dez vs Bal
Diggs vs Ari
A Robinson @Det
Cooper vs Hou
Pryor vs Pit

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3798325

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

At no point was I asking who to start, so gently caress off.

I'm making a trade, and he's letting me pick whichever of those five I want to give him to finish a trade.

Brownhat fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 16, 2016

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So someone just offered me Allen Hurns for Fat Rob. Standard scoring. Doesn't really interest me, but I was thinking of countering with Fat Rob and Cameron Meredith for TY. Slam dunk for me, right?

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

pubic works project posted:

So someone just offered me Allen Hurns for Fat Rob. Standard scoring. Doesn't really interest me, but I was thinking of countering with Fat Rob and Cameron Meredith for TY. Slam dunk for me, right?

Absolutely, especially looking at the rest of his schedule.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Brownhat posted:

I'm making a trade, and he's letting me pick whichever of those five I want to give him to finish a trade.

lol

Might be worth indicating it's for a trade! You listed their opponents for this week, but their whole schedule is relevant in your case. Trade Pryor.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Brownhat posted:

Maybe you should say you're making a trade instead of asking who out of a series of players would be preferable for just this week and then acting like a bitch when someone assumes you want help picking who to start

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Brownhat posted:

Dez vs Bal
Diggs vs Ari
A Robinson @Det
Cooper vs Hou
Pryor vs Pit

Yeaaaaa, not adding that it's for a trade plus including their opponents for just this week. It's safe to assume most of us would take this as a sit or start question, so no need to be a dick about it.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

Maybe you should say you're making a trade instead of asking who out of a series of players would be preferable for just this week and then acting like a bitch when someone assumes you want help picking who to start

To be fair you were a dick.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

To be fair you were a dick.

Nah not really, he just pointed him to the thread where he thought that belonged. It was just a misunderstanding and there was no need for insults.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea, Brownhat did a poor job of asking a question then got all pissy that we can't read his mind.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Everyone's getting a little trumpy itt

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Suave Fedora posted:

:smugdon:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Suave Fedora posted:

Unlike the rest of these losers, I have the best rosters, though. With all of the best players, high-energy players.

This season is going so smoothly.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
CMike is teamless for 24 hours and this is how we act. For shame

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

Unlike the rest of these losers, I have the best rosters, though. With all of the best players, high-energy players.

No mention of "big league". :sad:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

I know more about football than, other team managers do, believe me. Julio will bomb the poo poo out of them.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

WRONG!!! WRONG!!!!

WRONG!!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Is there any argument for holding onto Corey Coleman in a non-keeper PPR league? Cleveland is a raging dumpster fire with no certainty at QB, plus have I have a few more viable options at WR.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Packers claimed CMike.

THE DREAM LIVES ON

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Spoeank posted:

Not anymore, lol

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/798998523890974721

EFB

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Spoeank posted:

LOL CMike is claimed by the Packers. Fire up your CMike shares again.

Edit: gently caress

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Spoeank posted:

Spoeank posted:

WRONG!

Packers claimed CMike.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

MrSargent posted:

No mention of "big league". :sad:

i never said any of that. low-energy @mrsargent being very unfair.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

The rewakening.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Should I drop Montgomery for CMike?

I already have Rodgers and Cobb ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Screw it, I dropped CMike this morning and just put in a claim for him again. He'd be a better bench than Asiata or Kenneth Dixon.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Goodbye Ty Montgomery, you were intriguing for two weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Packers claimed CMike.

THE DREAM LIVES ON

Lol I dropped him in a dynasty league for some schlub that would help me win this year, but time to find room for him!

• Locked thread