Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Whoa she was a mental projection of the alternate universe clone of his female gene donor.

God, you guys try to make this sounds so complicated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Anyone who's bummed by politics, I would heartily recommend reading the recent Squirrel Girl OGN, as I just finally got around to. It's light, funny and in an odd way, very timely. Also it has an activity page and Ryan North is the only person who actually remembers all the goofy poo poo Mjolnir does.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Endless Mike posted:

Whoa she was a mental projection of the alternate universe clone of his female gene donor.

God, you guys try to make this sounds so complicated!

why did they jump through so many hoops to let him bang his mom, why was that so important to do they had to try to divide it as far as possible but still kept it as 'he hosed his mom'.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The Kwisatz Haderach's mate must be a Grey, thus spake Sinister.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
You know maybe Jean was treated worse than Carol.

Marcus only hosed her before she gave birth to him.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Is All-New Inhumans good? The first few volumes are on sale right now but I don't really know any of them (hence the title I guess) aside from Crystal. Thinking of getting Uncanny Inhumans instead, because I like Black Bolt.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Schneider Heim posted:

Is All-New Inhumans good? The first few volumes are on sale right now but I don't really know any of them (hence the title I guess) aside from Crystal. Thinking of getting Uncanny Inhumans instead, because I like Black Bolt.

It was canceled due to low sales. Low sales probably because it was bad.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Schneider Heim posted:

Get Uncanny instead. Soule is really good and it pretty much is a straight continuation of his other pre-SW Inhuman stuff (which you should also read). All-New is just painfully mediocre.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Low sales probably because it was bad.

This is dumb thinking, even for you Rhyno.

I enjoyed it a lot. I hope Asmus gets more opportunities to write at Marvel. His work on Quantum & Woody at Valiant was fantastic. I loved how he fleshed out Flint in All New Inhumans and gave Crystal a starring role after she'd been missing so long. Also it was neat having Ana Kravinoff around and giving her a little more depth.

Uncanny Inhumans is undeniably a better book though, but All New was fun too.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
pretty hilarious reference in the new JJ (apologies for the bad phone picture)

http://imgur.com/JEi76gZh.jpg

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Is Thanos good? X-Men Lemire or anything-else Lemire?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You gotta pay the Deodato tax to find out.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Lovechop posted:

pretty hilarious reference in the new JJ (apologies for the bad phone picture)

http://imgur.com/JEi76gZh.jpg

I am pretty sure that was in an issue of New Avengers.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Jordan7hm posted:

Is Thanos good? X-Men Lemire or anything-else Lemire?

I thought it was good and Deodato's art was much better than what he was making GBS threads out on Iron Man.

It did however feature the death of one of my favourite minor characters so that limits how much I could enjoy it

RIP Corvus Glaive

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Catching up with Gwenpool.

1. Glad Giruhiru's back

2. Oh no Terrible Eye is cute!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

1. Glad Giruhiru's back

Shouldn't it be "Guruhiru ARE back"? I've only realised as I'm typing that I'm genuinely not sure what the correct conjugation is.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Doom as Iron Man is pretty cool. Ben Grimm continues to be a dick.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Shouldn't it be "Guruhiru ARE back"? I've only realised as I'm typing that I'm genuinely not sure what the correct conjugation is.

While they are two people, the name Giruhiru refers to the single group as a whole, so I believe both are valid.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

You gotta pay the Deodato tax to find out.

I did not know what this meant. Then I looked at the book. I did not buy it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Who's he got 'playing' Thanos? I assume for some odd reason it's not going to be Brolin.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Doom as Iron Man is pretty cool. Ben Grimm continues to be a dick.

I know it can never last but I am digging Victor's new outlook. The Mad Thinker's reaction was rather perfect also.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Even by her usual high standard Squirrel Girl was so good. I'd love to read "Ha Ha I'm Giant Man now: Screw you, all other physicists"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm sad the Twitter Egg never got to use his memes.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Starsnostars posted:

I thought it was good and Deodato's art was much better than what he was making GBS threads out on Iron Man.

It did however feature the death of one of my favourite minor characters so that limits how much I could enjoy it

RIP Corvus Glaive

He loved Hot Topic.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Waffleman_ posted:

1. Glad Giruhiru's back

Yea, who knew she was just a cute goth girl with a crazy mask?

Also, All the Toronto stuff made me laugh in Squirrel Girl, but nothing made me laugh more than Angela : Queen of Halifax.

Go Halifax mentions!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So, uh. Civil War II tie-in. Spider-man #9 features Miles fighting FlashVenom. Venom does not appear in the issue at all, and frankly, Miles nearly doesn't either. I know covers lie all the time and stuff, but that's a pretty big lie.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So, uh. Civil War II tie-in. Spider-man #9 features Miles fighting FlashVenom. Venom does not appear in the issue at all, and frankly, Miles nearly doesn't either. I know covers lie all the time and stuff, but that's a pretty big lie.

I was super mad about that. I felt like it took forever for this issue to come out. And I was so, SO excited to see Miles and Venom interact.

El Tortuga fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Nov 17, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, who knew she was just a cute goth girl with a crazy mask?

It's almost night and day!

Be careful who you call creepy in middle school.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

they fight in the actual civil war 2 book for like a page

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Gwen being displeased that Cecil and Sarah are getting along is pretty great.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Ferrule posted:

Beast is Illinois, and he's from the Chicago suburbs.

They did. Red hulk is Nevada and Hulk is New Mexico.

And although I think Luke Cage is fine for New York, it's weird Spidey is New Hampshire

Should have been Banner Hulk in New Mexico and Amadeus Hulk in Arizona and Grey Hulk in Nevada :colbert:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The Kirkmen issues of Ultimate X-Men are awful beginning with his first issue. He makes all of the characters unlikeable. ☹️

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

The Kirkmen issues of Ultimate X-Men are awful beginning with his first issue. He makes all of the characters unlikeable. ☹️

Kirkman is a bad writer.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
CA: Sam Wilson was really, really good this week.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Both Sam Wilson: Captain America and Squirrel Girl both had plots based on the Ultimate Wrestling League. And SW:CA referenced the Hostess pie ads. A good week.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mr Hootington posted:

Kirkman is incapable of writing characters who are likeable.

Waffleman_ posted:

I wonder if the lines on her chin are scars or makeup. Also I'd totally hang out with her in high school, we can listen to Joy Division and the Cure and discuss Lovecraft without glossing over his overt racism.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Waffleman_ posted:

Love the Gravity Falls reference on that coin thing hanging off the back of her hair

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

twistedmentat posted:

I wonder if the lines on her chin are scars or makeup. Also I'd totally hang out with her in high school, we can listen to Joy Division and the Cure and discuss Lovecraft without glossing over his overt racism.

Lines in sharpie because she really loves Rachel Grey.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

she's obviously a skrull

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Okay so between being super depressed last week for some unfathomable reason and not being up to reading comics, playing Tyranny all weekend, and slamming through Ghostbusters the past couple days I'm just now reading last weeks books

Ironheart (I'm just gonna call it that cuz that's her handle dammit) and world of wakanda were good #1s and I'm excited to see where they go.

Mosaic still feels like there's something good there but at the same time it doesn't really have that hook for me. I'm gonna stick it out an issue or two more hoping that it'll get better.

Solo is just crap and I'm dumping it

Avengers 1.1 was a fun romp and the old style art was great

Gwenpool :allears:

• Locked thread