Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Probably the better idea actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
My Ion game improved dramatically once I learned to ignore the secondary fire on the splitter rifle. All it really does is make your other, more useful powers happen less often. Trying the "free trip mines" power for a few games to see how that makes me feel about it.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Leave Tone as is and buff all other titans, including Ion?

Sure. :getin:

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

My Ion game improved dramatically once I learned to ignore the secondary fire on the splitter rifle. All it really does is make your other, more useful powers happen less often. Trying the "free trip mines" power for a few games to see how that makes me feel about it.

Yep, save your energy for the laser shot, never ADS on the splitter rifle and wait for your laser shot to recharge.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Lemon-Lime posted:

I have 50 hours on the clock and have yet to see anyone aimbotting.

https://gfycat.com/PepperyFancyDove

Imagine a team of six players doing this.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Wazzit posted:

Leave Tone as is and buff all other titans, including Ion?

Sure. :getin:

Yeah honestly Ion is probably fine as is. The split rifle just feels weirdly lovely compared to the laser.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
If the shoulder laser wasn't so good at it I'd be mad the splitter sucked at killing pilots too.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

veni veni veni posted:

Agreed. Just make them all kick rear end. Tone feels perfect just bring the others up to speed.

Making all the other Titans better is basically functionally the same as nerfing Tone + nerfing Pilots, too.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Av027 posted:

A buddy of mine has a 2500k and it sits at 90%+ utilization the entire time, causing stuttering and FPS issues, etc. We've tried about every solution I can come up with, but nothing has really helped. He says there are times where it seems to run ok, but most of the time it doesn't. He dropped almost everything to rock bottom settings, which gave minimal improvement apparently.

The only real positive is that I get to give him poo poo about being carried and tell him poo poo like "Quit phoning it in. This stuttering bullshit sounds like an excuse."

Tell him to quit being a wuss and OC the gently caress outta that bitch. I have the same CPU at 4.5Ghz and utilization is usually about 60% while playing, no stutters at all.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
Does Ion's shoulder laser do more damage the longer it's primed before it auto shoots or does it always do the same damage?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Lemon-Lime posted:

I have 50 hours on the clock and have yet to see anyone aimbotting.
I think I've seen a total of 1 hacker so far and that's it

I think I've been accused of hacking more times than I've seen actual hacking

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

PlushCow posted:

Does Ion's shoulder laser do more damage the longer it's primed before it auto shoots or does it always do the same damage?

Always does the same amount of damage. I just hold it to line up my shots better.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Today I learned that you can hold the laser shot. I've been snap firing that thing the whole time!

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Marlow posted:

Do we have a voip solution that we've decided on? Is the one in the OP active? I only see folks playing other games.

The discord in the OP is actually pretty darn active. And if people aren't there, chill in the tf2 channel, generally people will join up.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Av027 posted:

A buddy of mine has a 2500k and it sits at 90%+ utilization the entire time, causing stuttering and FPS issues, etc. We've tried about every solution I can come up with, but nothing has really helped. He says there are times where it seems to run ok, but most of the time it doesn't. He dropped almost everything to rock bottom settings, which gave minimal improvement apparently.

The only real positive is that I get to give him poo poo about being carried and tell him poo poo like "Quit phoning it in. This stuttering bullshit sounds like an excuse."

Sounds like what I'm running in to, somethin' gets janky I haven't been able to figure it out either. I put a bug report ticket in we'll see if anything comes of. I tried disabling Origin overlay, Nvidia game share, Xbox DVR, all settings to low, audio settings to off, fullscreen/windowed, killed a bunch of different processes running, updated GPU driver, reinstalled audio driver, didn't seem to matter much. Disabling all input/output audio devices except one and turning the quality on it down to the lowest 16k (CD quality) seemed to mayyybe improve it a bit.

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

Tell him to quit being a wuss and OC the gently caress outta that bitch. I have the same CPU at 4.5Ghz and utilization is usually about 60% while playing, no stutters at all.
Good to know the normal behavior we should shoot for. Here's my 2500k@4.3ghz with all 4 cores hanging out at 100% in an empty private MP match and all low settings, yee haw:

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

RichterIX posted:

I kind of wish they would just buff everyone else instead of nerfing Tone. Every other Titan has one ability that is basically useless or at best extremely situational, and Ion arguably has two depending on how you feel about the split rifle (although the shoulder laser is so good that it kind of makes up for the split rifle).

Oi, Richtah, that's retarded, because then pilots would be SoL against titans. Nerf Tone into the ground imo

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
Just got accused of hacking while using Amped DMR :unsmigghh: It's a one shot when amped

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Quit messin' with the bodies ya sick basturd.

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

Yeah, I know. He goes on about how it's great for OC'ing, etc, but it's at stock speeds. I think he's just going to build new in the next few weeks (Black Friday, Cyber Monday, etc).

teh_Broseph posted:

Sounds like what I'm running in to, somethin' gets janky I haven't been able to figure it out either. I put a bug report ticket in we'll see if anything comes of. I tried disabling Origin overlay, Nvidia game share, Xbox DVR, all settings to low, audio settings to off, fullscreen/windowed, killed a bunch of different processes running, updated GPU driver, reinstalled audio driver, didn't seem to matter much. Disabling all input/output audio devices except one and turning the quality on it down to the lowest 16k (CD quality) seemed to mayyybe improve it a bit.

Yeah, we killed the overlay, settings to lowest, forced physx to GPU, driver updates all around, moved to SSD (along with me asking him what the hell he was thinking installing to a 7200rpm drive in the first place), changed from USB logitech headset to an older headset using onboard sound card, he's still on Win 7 for some reason, so no Windows 10 fuckery to throw a wrench in the works. Really wish I had the machine in front of me to do the troubleshooting, but he's a few states away. If we manage to come up with anything useful, I'll drop it in here.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
Just bought this game for 29 bucks on Amazon on sale yesterday, of which it isn't on sale anymore :)

Not sure if that was a mess up or what, but also used some Amazon Visa dollars so out the door $21 bucks. (PS4)

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

squidgee posted:

Man is this game good. I haven't gotten this into a game in a while.

Even Overwatch didn't hook me like this (though we'll see if it has Overwatch's longevity).

The movement feels so good in this game. Honestly haven't had this much fun just moving around since Unreal Tournament 1.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

RichterIX posted:

I kind of wish they would just buff everyone else instead of nerfing Tone. Every other Titan has one ability that is basically useless or at best extremely situational, and Ion arguably has two depending on how you feel about the split rifle (although the shoulder laser is so good that it kind of makes up for the split rifle).

i think this is where I stand too. There are too many titan abilities that are just... not useful. I don't know if there is a way to buff those abilities without leaving pilots totally F-ed but it would be nice to hit every button on other titans.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

North Star buffs should include infinite range on the caltrops and homing and possibly damage buff to flight core, which I also think should be much more maneuverable in air. As it stands you are likely to die using flight core against anything that isn't looking in a different direction

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

ethanol posted:

North Star buffs should include infinite range on the caltrops and homing and possibly damage buff to flight core, which I also think should be much more maneuverable in air. As it stands you are likely to die using flight core against anything that isn't looking in a different direction

Like Pharah in OW, I think the idea is supposed to be that you use the height to surprise enemies by coming in from a direction you couldn't normally, then drop them before they can respond.

Of course, it works better in a game where killing all your targets with one ult is more feasible.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
Tone is fine.

My problem is Northstar's flight core is junk. Replace it with the good old atlas damage core.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

Brutakas posted:

Tone is fine.

My problem is Northstar's flight core is junk. Replace it with the good old atlas damage core.

Flight core is fun, though. Would be better to boost it in some way than replace it.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
actually just remove Northstar from the game because it looks dumb and is garbage

Also let me actually have more than like three nose arts after G2. I'm working on bumping up Legion and I still have that silly fish nose art

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Northstar should get damage reduction while flying, either by being able to move quickly or just a flat % reduction like Ronin

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

sockpuppetclock posted:

Just got accused of hacking while using Amped DMR :unsmigghh: It's a one shot when amped

You kill me, you're bettah.

I kill you, I'm bettah.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

actually just remove Northstar from the game because it looks dumb and is garbage

Also let me actually have more than like three nose arts after G2. I'm working on bumping up Legion and I still have that silly fish nose art

Hot take from a legion user

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Ronin can phase through caltrops which makes me angry as gently caress

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Making all the other Titans better is basically functionally the same as nerfing Tone + nerfing Pilots, too.

Depends. A lot of titan weapons are simply a one shot to pilots anyways provided that you can hit them. There are probably ways to buff the other titans to be better in Titan vs Titan fights while still having pilots being able to do damage.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

blackguy32 posted:

Depends. A lot of titan weapons are simply a one shot to pilots anyways provided that you can hit them. There are probably ways to buff the other titans to be better in Titan vs Titan fights while still having pilots being able to do damage.

Ok, I'd love to hear a few, because stuff like "regenerating shields" or "Scorch shoots faster" or "Northstar is a holy terror in VTOL mode" or "Ronin gets more teleports and shotgun shells" (all of which I've heard) poo poo all over Pilots.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Ok, I'd love to hear a few, because stuff like "regenerating shields" or "Scorch shoots faster" or "Northstar is a holy terror in VTOL mode" or "Ronin gets more teleports and shotgun shells" (all of which I've heard) poo poo all over Pilots.

Tone already shits all over Pilots so buffing the other Titan's doesn't poo poo on pilots so much as gives the tryhards a reason to not use Tone, because right now all the tryhards are using Tone and making GBS threads all over Pilots

Edit:

tone.webm

Lemming fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Nov 17, 2016

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
It's less surprising to me than it should be that, despite Titanfall 2 having pretty much the fastest and most satisfying movement ever in a video game, there are still people camping like little loving bitches.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Lemming posted:

Tone already shits all over Pilots so buffing the other Titan's doesn't poo poo on pilots so much as gives the tryhards a reason to not use Tone, because right now all the tryhards are using Tone and making GBS threads all over Pilots

Edit:

tone.webm

??? This isn't the problem, Ronin the "melee and phasing Titan" will 1shot pilots from Sniper rifle range with his stupid loving shotgun and would have needed a single fire per like 3 rockets shown in that webm. Even the alt fire people refuse to use on Ion's splitter rifle basically one shots Pilots easier then this, and just sprinting and running at those pilots and meleeing them would have worked

The problem with Tone is the Core which just erases your titan if you accidentally got flanked by Tone and then snowballs into more core charge time for Tone and snowballs into a match where the scores are roughly even but one team now has 5 or 6 titans and the other just lost their Titans.

Ion has a really good ranged Titan and Pilot murderer that you have to hold on the enemy Titan for an appreciable number of seconds that you have time to block or dodge or reflector shield or phase. Tone just seems to silently land on you and then delete your entire HP bar.

Also Northstar is hilariously weak and has never felt threatening, the advantage seems to be the idea of flanking on the big maps where you can cut across lanes and area where pilots would normally be, but the core almost feels like it should be no damage, fast positioning, and invincibility instead of a weak attack

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
What? I was just responding to the guy who says that buffing the other Titans is a nerf to Pilots. It's not, really, because Tone is already so good against both Pilots and Titans that increasing the diversity of strong Titans you see wouldn't make Pilots any weaker, since they're already very weak to Tone, who shows up disproportionately often since she's overpowered.

s1ppycup
Jul 31, 2010
One nice aspect of the Northstar flight core is that it's basically a global taunt. Enemy titans will usually drop whatever else they're doing to play duck hunt, often giving your team a small window of lowered situational awareness to exploit. May not seem like much, but when you're queuing up as a group and talking on VOIP, you can give people a heads up to go ham while everyone else tries to shoot you down.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Wazzit posted:

Always does the same amount of damage. I just hold it to line up my shots better.

Wait what?

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Today I learned that you can hold the laser shot. I've been snap firing that thing the whole time!

Me until a couple days ago

I was playing tone for a bit but realized I'm part of the problem. Trying to get good with Ipn but I seem to get wrecked more often than not. Think I use the gun too much tho, hate how much energy it drains from the laser

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Use the primary gun as a DPS filler between laser shots. If you hit crit spots with the shoulder laser it does a hefty chunk of damage, and the basic kit mod it comes with refills the bar with primary fire gun crits. The secondary fire is only ever worth it, in my opinion, to hit dodgy pilots if you aren't confident in your laser sniping. There may be other uses but it isn't very efficient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

PantsBandit posted:

It's less surprising to me than it should be that, despite Titanfall 2 having pretty much the fastest and most satisfying movement ever in a video game, there are still people camping like little loving bitches.

"Lol look at the stupid cod kiddies" is a dumb statement but it's depressingly appropriate for 9/10 of the games I see. Shoot titans? gently caress that! It'll probably get killstolen by another titan! Ripping a battery out gets you zero kills! Gonna sit in my hidey hole the entire match and get sick stats at the end of this game!

That one game, though, when people are actually playing Titanfall and it's a parkour robot murderhouse... that makes it all better.