Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The memory thing is speculation but it makes sense if he's doubting his reality all the time and the only way he can prove he's not a clone is because he has a stab wound in the head. Then again, maybe the stab wound wasn't enough damage to dispel his clone status? Who knows!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Didn't Dabi ask Twice to make two clones of him to go after Aizawa back in the Camp arc? Or am I misremembering that/thinking of a scanlation error?

He said Clone me again Twice.

Not as in clone him twice. He was telling Twice to clone him.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
This sounds like the lead-in to an Abbott and Costello routine.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Roland Jones posted:

The clone also could have just not understood what was going on; it might have thought it was still the original and just remote-controlling the clone body or something. Wouldn't have known it was really going to die until the end.

Still though, yeah, the latest chapter casts those past ones in a darker light. Twice's power is hosed up.

No, the clone explicitly says "All this damage...soon, it will be no good."

Unrelated, but I swear I see something new every time I re-read a chapter. Just noticed that Deku hit this guy so hard it made his fake eye pop out.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

My copies of Volume 3 and Volume 4 arrived and I just finished reading Volume 3. Any series with such an expansive cast takes me ages to read because I have to come up with a suitable voice for everyone and then remember what voice I assigned to them. I really liked how Midoriya didn't use his Quirk to win the race and I'm happy that as soon as he got One For All he didn't start using it for everything. It feels like Deku earned his abilities and still has to work really hard to do well. I loved the panel of All Might throwing up his hands in a "Yeahhhhhhhhh boy" gesture when Midoriya took the lead in the race because I was doing that too. It's a really great series so far but I don't know why the main character is in it so little, I guess his tummy hurts a lot but still he should show up more.

e: Also Todoroki definitely seems like he's Sasuke also a loser like his dad probably is

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

My copies of Volume 3 and Volume 4 arrived and I just finished reading Volume 3. Any series with such an expansive cast takes me ages to read because I have to come up with a suitable voice for everyone and then remember what voice I assigned to them. I really liked how Midoriya didn't use his Quirk to win the race and I'm happy that as soon as he got One For All he didn't start using it for everything. It feels like Deku earned his abilities and still has to work really hard to do well. I loved the panel of All Might throwing up his hands in a "Yeahhhhhhhhh boy" gesture when Midoriya took the lead in the race because I was doing that too. It's a really great series so far but I don't know why the main character is in it so little, I guess his tummy hurts a lot but still he should show up more.

e: Also Todoroki definitely seems like he's Sasuke also a loser like his dad probably is

Actually, Todoroki is good.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah he is pretty cool and not a jerk. I liked when Deku responded to his challenge so earnestly he was taken aback and just replied "oh eh right cool". Yuga is the greatest though and his panel when they were showing the race results was the best one.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I like that Deku not using One For All for everything was actually bad. The answer is to use your power like Frank's Red Hot, dummy!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Nobody is Sasuke. Todoroki is cool. Bakugou is cool. Iida is cool. Tsuyu is cool. Tokoyami is cool. Ochako is cool. Sero is cool. Kaminari is cool. YaoMomo is cool. Deku is cool. Mineta is cool. Mina is cool.

That was more just me practicing remembering all their names. I failed. :negative:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Baukugo is a very uncool abrasive dick, but he's deliberately written that way which makes it good. It's nice that he's graduated from perpetual fury to seething lividness though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nobody is Sasuke but Bakugou is Vegeta.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Bakugou is very angry but also very correct.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Bakugou is better than Vegeta.

Pretty much all the kids are cool and the amount of detail put into their rooms was awesome.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Radish posted:

Bakugou is better than Vegeta.

Pretty much all the kids are cool and the amount of detail put into their rooms was awesome.

Bakugou:

*Full of anger
    *Incredible ego
  • Constantly humbled
  • Resists learning the necessary lessons from those experiences
  • Spiky hair

Dunno man, the math seems to all be there.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I get the feeling Kamino was a huge turning point for his character, but it's going to be a slow change. He's acted quite a bit differently since then.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Just started reading MHA and already almost caught up.

It is very good.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

RareAcumen posted:

Bakugou:

*Full of anger
    *Incredible ego
  • Constantly humbled
  • Resists learning the necessary lessons from those experiences
  • Spiky hair

Dunno man, the math seems to all be there.

He can be similar to Vegeta and still be better than Vegeta. :colbert:

I like how he has what seems like a legitimate friend rather than flunkies who just orbit around him. Deku realizing that Kirishima was the guy who Bakugao would reach out to during the rescue was really cool.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Nov 16, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Radish posted:

He can be similar to Vegeta and still be better than Vegeta. :colbert:

Oh absolutely. I'm just saying he has some of those Vegeta traits to him too.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
If Bakugou is the Vegeta, that means he's going to end up marrying someone unexpected, like Ochako, and be a great dad.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Rhonne posted:

If Bakugou is the Vegeta, that means he's going to end up marrying someone unexpected, like Ochako, and be a great dad.

It's gonna be the Class VP and you know it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I still don't like bakugo sorry

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Arist posted:

He hasn't mellowed at all yet so that's fair.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Arist posted:

He probably will mellow incredibly slowly. His whole thing is reacting even more abrasively whenever he experiences hardship.
Sucks but i don't see him getting a big change anytime soon

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
All of Bakugo's development is him showing more restraint pretty much.

His friendship with Kirishima is about the closest legitimate softening of his character.

I guess Hori is waiting for something really terrible to happen before letting him really emote without it being some form of anger.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Bakugo needs some weed

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Bakugou's hero path is to be an rear end in a top hat through everything and by God he'll see it to the bitter end. Gotta respect that.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Arist posted:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rudeness will not endear me to you, bakugo

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc8H0ObRYiU&t=933s

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
If Bakugou mellowed out he would be awful. Why would you monsters want the best character to change for the worse like that.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

TriffTshngo posted:

If Bakugou mellowed out he would be awful. Why would you monsters want the best character to change for the worse like that.
I'm just imagining a Bakugou who spends most of his time as the big jovial bruiser archetype, but can just flip the switch to completely angry dipshit when it's time to get dangerous.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TriffTshngo posted:

I'd like it for him to mellow out a bit and stop being as much of a prick to Deku. As that would likely involve him working through his own insecurities and becoming a much better and stronger person. And a far more heroic person as well.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Bakugou rules, and I wouldn't change a drat thing. Even after he accepts Deku fully, I drat well want him to treat him the same way.

Bakugou marches to the beat of his own drum, gently caress everyone else.:c00lbert:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Bakugou should be the #1 hero at the end, though I would also accept Froppy.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I would accept Froppy or Alien Queen.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

TriffTshngo posted:

I think for a lot of people it's jarring to have the author (and lots of other readers) be sympathetic to a bully whose behaviour is very similar to real kids who have driven others to suicide.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
There is a pretty major difference between acknowledging that Bakugou is a well-written good character, and thinking he's in the right and accepting him as a good person. Bakugou is a shithead, but he's a very good representation of a shithead. It's not that complicated and I don't know why so many people find it hard to accept that.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
He's the anime Peggy Hill.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

chumbler posted:

Bakugou should be the #1 hero at the end, though I would also accept Froppy.

Froppy would be no. 1 with children and Alien Queen with males age 18 to 40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Look, if you don't like this guy, then I just don't even want to know about your horrible life choices.