Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Like seriously I can't stress this enough have a scout loadout with spot flares ready to go and if your team is losing and gets the Big Guns you should immediately switch to scout and light up all objectives and heavy vehicles like duuuuh

Yeah spot flares are as essential as ammo pouch is for support. But the periscope? I haven't found it much more useful than just ADS+R1. I play run and gun, mainly assault and support, but I play the same as scout, and I'm constantly spotting with the gunsights. I only really play conquest and a bit of TDM though, so not sure if periscope is better for operations. I'd choose it over trip mines or k bullets if it let you spam spot, or auto spot enemies like the target detector from BF4 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Did :dice: fix the bug where you'd be revived and your gun doesn't work until you swap it?

Regarding snipers, it seems like the game requires you to switch classes as the round plays out. At least more than any other previous Battlefield. Kind of puts a damper on the medals but seriously gently caress those. I don't even bother.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So I still can't play since the patch (Xbone). No matter what gametype I try, as soon as the loading screen is finished, right as I'm entering the game, I crash to the dashboard. This sucks and I don't know what to do.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Uninstall then reinstall? Clear your boner cache?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Beastie posted:

Did :dice: fix the bug where you'd be revived and your gun doesn't work until you swap it?

This happened to me, and my weapon was stuck in the firing animation even though it wasn't firing.

:dice:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
:dice: adds character customization to the main menu and it's broke with all class ranks set to 0, lol.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I joined a game a day before the patch and everyone in the server was Rank 0.

Still loving my poo poo up with the Martini Henry though.

Also the other day the blimp went down on Monte Grasse right over the tunnel (c?) and it made a huge death zone. If you went on top of the tunnel you were :dice:'d.

You couldn't get more than a couple of feet into the tunnel before the hand of god touched you and you died. We sat there laughing as wave after wave of dudes ran in and dropped dead. Safe to say we won that round.

:dice:

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Alright fellow PS4 dudes, there's a Slack set up so we can definitively decide which of the war stories is best. Send a PM or PSN message with an email to get added.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
It's me, I'm the guy who scrapped the "squad exp bonus" to buy another battlepack.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
The only improvement I've noticed after the patch is that instead of freezing on a blank screen every time I quit a match it freezes on the background image of the results screen instead.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, on ps4 it loads forever and I have to close the app.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

shut up blegum posted:

It's me, I'm the guy who scrapped the "squad exp bonus" to buy another battlepack.

how much scrap do you get?

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
Ya' know, the squad mutiny feature is a welcome addition since pubbies are often such poo poo at playing the objective, but now when I'm leading I keep getting requests for orders when I'm already on top of assigning objectives (and am changing it to the best points as needed/appropriate). Like, a loving lot. I assume it's an effort to take over as leader the moment I forget to do it for long enough, and that just seems unnecessary when the leader you have's already taking care of it. One round, I actually just went ahead and handed it over because I didn't figure it'd make much difference, but then the guy just kept setting the objective to wherever they were. Sorta makes me wish for a "follow the orders you already have" response or something.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

zooted heh posted:

how much scrap do you get?

270 I think

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
I'm pretty sure this is a dumb question, especially since there're other ways to find out, but here goes. This is my first Battlefield game; do the medics' ability to raise you end when your timer stops, or is there still a chance you can get picked up once it runs out? I've been playing and had times it seemed like I was revived after the timer stopped, as well as times where I had a medic right on top of my body and doing nothing at all once it's out. It's hard to tell if the two factors are correlated or if that's on the unpredictably varying quality of the medics.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Terra-da-loo! posted:

I'm pretty sure this is a dumb question, especially since there're other ways to find out, but here goes. This is my first Battlefield game; do the medics' ability to raise you end when your timer stops, or is there still a chance you can get picked up once it runs out? I've been playing and had times it seemed like I was revived after the timer stopped, as well as times where I had a medic right on top of my body and doing nothing at all once it's out. It's hard to tell if the two factors are correlated or if that's on the unpredictably varying quality of the medics.

It's the latter. You can definitely be revived after the respawn timer enters.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
the problem with medic-ing is that there are enough bugs to make medics think people are ungrateful and make people think medics don't revive

-sometimes you straight up can't revive a dude, and you have no less than 3 medics frantically planting boxes of syringes into a lifeless corpse

-distance meter is bugged

-sometimes you can get multirevived, and they keep tweaking little things silently like timing and UI so e.g. someone could have played the beta and then bought the game without reading any patch notes and get super confused

On the other hand, you can guitar slide and revive someone and it even skips the animation so :c00l:

FastestGunAlive posted:

So anyone able to give me feedback on arty truck w this patch? Is the damage adjustment noticeable? I prefer to use it from afar rather than up close due to the light armor

it is a hilarious buff to an already hilariously powerful vehicle that requires and encourages no teamplay

to be fair I play arty truck up close but you can still snipe tanks/wookies/field guns no problem. I think the slight nerf to long range damage is good, it was already pretty ridiculous and now that there's less drop off its even easier to land the right hit

also I'm pretty sure they did something to increase the chance of glancing hits because I was hitting an arty truck point blank square in the windshield with a heavy tank for 7 damage :lol:

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
p.s. this was r pleasing to watch :cheers:

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

humpthewind posted:

It's the latter. You can definitely be revived after the respawn timer enters.

Thanks. That explains a few things, actually. Also makes me realize what a pain in the rear end I've accidentally been a few times by assuming I couldn't be revived anymore and respawning with a medic, like, a foot away and holding his syringe.

e:

mellowjournalism posted:

the problem with medic-ing is that there are enough bugs to make medics think people are ungrateful and make people think medics don't revive

-sometimes you straight up can't revive a dude, and you have no less than 3 medics frantically planting boxes of syringes into a lifeless corpse

-distance meter is bugged

-sometimes you can get multirevived, and they keep tweaking little things silently like timing and UI so e.g. someone could have played the beta and then bought the game without reading any patch notes and get super confused

On the other hand, you can guitar slide and revive someone and it even skips the animation so

Thanks for this info, too. At least I know it's not just my lack of understanding. Kinda sucks that there's so many factors at play, but at the same time it's also kinda funny, so I'll deal with it.

Terra-da-loo! fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Nov 17, 2016

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

* puts both hands in the air * Oh my god, theres a lot to love in this game.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yay, I got my first class rank!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Man I gotta play with the ps4 crew more. That's a great video. Who are the regulars on ps4?

PSN is ineffiablefx

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Is there a quick way to look at the scoreboard while you're dead? I don't understand why it's not the touchpad like every other game.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Snak posted:

Is there a quick way to look at the scoreboard while you're dead? I don't understand why it's not the touchpad like every other game.

Does holding the option button not do it during death?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I don't know, I never thought to hold the option button. Hitting the option button brings up the menu, and I can select scoreboard from there, but that's like, 4 inputs. Next time I will try holding the option button.

Man I wish the game wouldn't hang every time I try to quit.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Snak posted:

I don't know, I never thought to hold the option button. Hitting the option button brings up the menu, and I can select scoreboard from there, but that's like, 4 inputs. Next time I will try holding the option button.

Man I wish the game wouldn't hang every time I try to quit.

Yeah a hold on option brings up scoreboard immediately when you're alive.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

Ineffiable posted:

Man I gotta play with the ps4 crew more. That's a great video. Who are the regulars on ps4?

PSN is ineffiablefx

I play pretty regularly, even when I shouldn't. PSN: Robo-Raptor.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Terra-da-loo! posted:

I play pretty regularly, even when I shouldn't. PSN: Robo-Raptor.

Cool I'll see you this weekend. I'm craving some serious bf1 action after a long week at work.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

Ineffiable posted:

Cool I'll see you this weekend. I'm craving some serious bf1 action after a long week at work.

Sounds good and should work out with my schedule, too--right now happens to be one of those times I shouldn't be playing, so I won't be on too much longer.

I've not read the full patch notes, so I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty bummed out by what definitely seems like a lowering of the airship's durability. I've seen it suggested that it's actually a rise in damage done by the airship hunter attack plane, though, which is more acceptable, I think. Still seems a little excessive to me, but whatever. Did they up the reload speed in the airship? It seems quicker now.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Game just crashes whenever I join a server on xbone :( Probably because of the weird situation where I am using a buddy's main console, he owns digital, I have EA Access trial, and it's conflicting somehow? Sometimes the 10 hour warning pops up when I start the game, other times it does not.

Poop.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Woc2EkZgtVI

look we may not have hit escape velocity but data is data

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

videos!!

wrong place at the right time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y5Rcq6AuiM

revenge is always sweet, but this one is extra sweet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwnaOxh4CfA

and the best for last, THIS IS HOW YOU TAKE A FRIKKEN OBJECTIVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah8ZUuWWehw

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Pleads posted:

Game just crashes whenever I join a server on xbone :( Probably because of the weird situation where I am using a buddy's main console, he owns digital, I have EA Access trial, and it's conflicting somehow? Sometimes the 10 hour warning pops up when I start the game, other times it does not.

Poop.

Same thing has been happening to me since the patch. Last night I uninstalled and reinstalled, but I haven't had a chance to see if that fixed it yet. I'm using a disc, but I'm still getting that EA Trial popup from time to time.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
guys, its against the law to defend flags in conquest. dont do it or you will go to jail (from last weekend's game)

also, just confirmed arty truck remains supreme

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

Anyone on PS4 feel free to add. psn: EarthTable

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Fog of War looks pretty rad.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
did they add new weather effects? i don't remember fog ever getting this low :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wG5ytCGoQk

also the saddest patch note:

Turned off doppler effect on horses.

:(

mellowjournalism fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 18, 2016

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
this video has a little bit of everything:
jumping horses, fun with flares, kicks to the face, barbed wire, plane dodging, and aquatic vehicular homicide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMi4ji7jEy4

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Joining a pubby squad and immediately replacing the squad leader is the best.

I've sent out a few invites already but if you're on PS4, PM your email address to join the Slack group. Come up with ideas for a server name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
PS4 people can add me, same name. I won't be on tonight but I play almost every night from 7-8pm to around 1am Eastern.