Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

WWE.com says clip show reacap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Good thing the C show Total Divas is now on.

lmao

Rusev: "Do you mind, engaging me and stuff?"

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

What the hell was that Elias Samson return? :psyduck:

e: Okay, that was totally worth it for Graves' rant.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Dango Bango posted:

What the hell was that Elias Samson return? :psyduck:

e: Okay, that was totally worth it for Graves' rant.

Elias Samson just had an amazing match with Biff here in NYC lol

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

NYC show was good. Bobby Roode vs Cedric Alexander clear match of the night though, holy gently caress. women's triple threat was much shorter than I would have liked but Ember Moon looked awesome and Nikki Cross... kinda still just seems like a comedy wrestler, she needs to do a lot more to seem like any kind of actual threat.

Roderick Strong vs No Way Jose was a really fun opener too, excited to see what Roddy does in NXT. Even the Drifter was in a loving good match, really wasn't a bad one on the card (though I did step out during Sanity v TM61 which was pretty much just a setup for a great Tye Dillinger/Eric Young match)

I hope the Theater at MSG hosts more shows, I was ringside so it was obviously hard to tell but it looked like there wasn't a bad seat in the house (especially with the back sections closed off, heh). it was actually funny being ringside by the ramp because they were playing to the crowd out in the seats, so all my pics are of backs and butts except for the entrances :v:

also cedric alexander retweeted someone retweeting a video I took of his cool spot so my Twitter is hosed forever. good night nxt thread. takeover is gonna be good and I'll have an OP for it posted Saturday morning :)

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Nov 17, 2016

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
NXT got greedy, plain and simple.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
I bought the cheapest back corner seats and to fill it up I ended up with great seats in the far right section so worked out for me. Cedric/Roode was pretty great. Shane danced with No Way Jose. I enjoyed them trying to sell Jersey wrestlers as a home town hero in MSG on a weeknight.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

actually I just remembered the best moment of the night was when liv morgan came out, acted like she forgot something, went to the back, returned with a pizza box, accidentally dropped the lone slice in the box, picked it up off the ramp, and then took a bite of it

it is the best thing liv morgan has ever done

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

So are we all forgetting to mention that No Way Jose danced with his doppleganger that was in the crowd? Because that was hilarious.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

abraham linksys posted:

actually I just remembered the best moment of the night was when liv morgan came out, acted like she forgot something, went to the back, returned with a pizza box, accidentally dropped the lone slice in the box, picked it up off the ramp, and then took a bite of it

it is the best thing liv morgan has ever done

If Liv Morgan's whole character was "big pizza fan" I'd be marching on wwe hq for a moon push

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

Jose also danced with Shane O'. Picked up a 30$ nosebleed from stubhub this afternoon, got there and got upgraded since it wasn't sold out. There were empty seats for sure, but the pictures posted are somewhat misleading. The crowd only really popped for themselves, mostly dead during entrances or hope spots. Quite a few botches tonight and the Drifter has the most intense heat.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's funny, I've mostly been on the side of "NXT isn't that bad, things will be looking up soon." Then the loving Drifter showed up again and all my optimism flew out the window.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
And before everyone comes in with "the Drifter is good because he gets heel heat," let me ask you the last time someone whose entire gimmick was "he sucks, you should hate him because he's bad" drew a single dollar to a promotion. I'm all ears.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I like the Australian Lesbian Women

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Benne posted:

And before everyone comes in with "the Drifter is good because he gets heel heat," let me ask you the last time someone whose entire gimmick was "he sucks, you should hate him because he's bad" drew a single dollar to a promotion. I'm all ears.

https://zippy.gfycat.com/ShowyVapidGrizzlybear.mp4

You mean his gimmick isn't that he sucks and is bad? :smug:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Tokamak posted:

https://zippy.gfycat.com/ShowyVapidGrizzlybear.mp4

You mean his gimmick isn't that he sucks and is bad? :smug:

Roman Reigns is a good wrestler stuck in a bad role that doesn't play to his strengths.

Elias Samson is a lovely wrestler with a lovely gimmick and no discernible strengths you could play to.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'll share an anecdote about MY GIRLFRIEND, who never watches wrestling unless I'm hogging the Roku to watch poo poo on the Network. She knows NXT, but not enough to know who's supposed to be good or not. And even she is like "man, the Drifter sucks, when will he go away?"

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I bought tickets for the NXT NYC show but I ended up returning them because loving hell they were expensive for just a house show. $100 a seat for good (not great, not nosebleed) seats on a weeknight got to be too much for me and my buddy who were thinking about going.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Benne posted:

Speaking of. Do we think Magnus will stay at home this weekend or will he carry Mickie's bags?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I wear my "king of song style" elias samson shirt once a month which is pretty often due to me usually not wearing a shirt but rather wearing a combo of ddp rib tape and cesaro shoulder tape. In any case that shirt isn't from wwe so it still made them no money. But the important part is this. tape is excellent.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The Drifter is one of the top three singles guys on the NXT roster that wasn't a big name before coming to NXT.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love The Drifter 😞

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Benne posted:

Roman Reigns is a good wrestler stuck in a bad role that doesn't play to his strengths.

Elias Samson is a lovely wrestler with a lovely gimmick and no discernible strengths you could play to.

He has an outstanding top rope elbow drop that he stopped using after a couple matches for some reason

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Yeah, NXT isn't really worth watching outside of the specials now.

The womens division is currently utter garbage, there's maybe two decent tag teams and Nakamura, Joe and maybe Roode are so far above everyone else that it makes the rest of the singles stuff seem boring and irrelevant.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

spudsbuckley posted:

there's maybe two decent tag teams

The Revival are maybe one of the best tag teams in the world right now and DIY are really, really good. The division is pretty bare at the moment outside of that, but having two spectacular tag teams is better than either Raw or Smackdown at the moment.

The biggest problem with NXT is a complete lack of momentum. It's the same thing Lucha Underground has, now that it's not new: the weekly episodes don't really feel like they're building toward anything. You get a string of meaningless taped episodes before and after a Takeover. Nothing on the weekly show feels like it's a can't-miss.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I will not hear anything bad about Tucker Knight and Otis Dozovic.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

sleepwalkers posted:

The Revival are maybe one of the best tag teams in the world right now and DIY are really, really good. The division is pretty bare at the moment outside of that, but having two spectacular tag teams is better than either Raw or Smackdown at the moment.

The biggest problem with NXT is a complete lack of momentum. It's the same thing Lucha Underground has, now that it's not new: the weekly episodes don't really feel like they're building toward anything. You get a string of meaningless taped episodes before and after a Takeover. Nothing on the weekly show feels like it's a can't-miss.
It also doesn't help that both shows are taped so there is no genuine surprise/crowd gets tired after the 4th taping

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Bring back Solomon Crowe.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

no we like him where he is

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I do wonder if this will stymie the great ROH/Indy raid of Winter 2016/17 or they will double down because they know people love the Young Bucks and Adam Cole.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

I do wonder if this will stymie the great ROH/Indy raid of Winter 2016/17 or they will double down because they know people love the Young Bucks and Adam Cole.

Less so with Cole but I'd be shocked if they didn't make a hard play for the Bucks.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Less so with Cole but I'd be shocked if they didn't make a hard play for the Bucks.
I mean knowing HHH is going to push to lowball them like he has before and with Ricochet I won't be surprised if the Bucks decline

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

I mean knowing HHH is going to push to lowball them like he has before and with Ricochet I won't be surprised if the Bucks decline

The Bucks are really tired of Japan. They might take the pay cut.

Cole is pretty much a lock to be gone.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Liv Vibes btw

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Sajizzle/status/799404916167110656

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/799311323519664128

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

That's a really good card. Shame I can't see it. Almost makes a man wish it was on television.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

Alain Post posted:

Bring back Solomon Crowe.
gently caress that, bring me Juice Robinson

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/timmy8271/status/799416113176133632

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Maybe you should have gone to Adelaide rather than Canberra or Newcastle, ya clowns :argh:

No Irish Need Imply posted:

NXT got greedy, plain and simple.

Definitely. The difference between this and other startup promotions though is it can easily fall back to Full Sail and there's no risk of losing TV or anything. They can pump the brakes and try to build slowly again without much loss.

• Locked thread